Out of all the flexible rules and regulations that the airline offers, Air Mauritius flight cancellation policy still remains the best. Uncertainties are a part of life, while booking a flight ticket, you should always be prepared if things go south. So if some emergency knocks on your door, face it fearlessly with the endless benefits of Air Mauritius.
This guide contains minute details about Air Mauritius cancelled flights. If you do not wish to surf the internet and find all the cancellation related solutions in one place, go through the information listed below.
- Air Mauritius Cancellation Policy
- Air Mauritius 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
- Air Mauritius Cancellation Fee
- Air Mauritius Cancelled Flight Compensation
- How To Cancel an Air Mauritius Ticket?
- Air Mauritius Refund Policy
Air Mauritius Cancellation Policy
Booked a ticket with Air Mauritius? You can cancel it without any hassle. The airline has tried to keep as flexible policies as possible. In unavoidable circumstances, you can take complete benefit of the policies without any trouble.
- As per the Air Mauritius flight cancellation policy, the passengers with a valid ticket have the right to make free cancellations. However, the cancellations must be made within 24 hours of bookings.
- The cancellations can only be made if the passengers have booked the flight tickets at least 7 days before the departure date of the flight.
- If the bookings are made after the given span, the passengers would have to pay a certain Air Mauritius flight cancellation fee to receive the refund.
- Air Mauritius flight cancellation policy clearly states that If the tickets are purchased during peak timings, the airline has the right to declare them nonrefundable.
- In the case of dual bookings, the passengers have the leverage to cancel one booking for free up to 72 hours from the departure. The airline would ask for documents supporting the claim of dual bookings.
- If the passengers have booked a round ticket, they can cancel a one way trip without any worries. The airline would charge them only for the way and not for the entire ticket.
- Cancellations have to be made in the source of booking. Air Mauritius does not provide the passengers with any liberty to swap their way of cancellations with another way of cancellations.
- If the passengers are involving any agents in the booking process, they can only contact the agents to make the cancellations. The airline would not help in making the changes directly.
Air Mauritius 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
A free cancellation window helps the passengers in being assured that they have the right to cancellation for free. Ditch the hassle by reading along with the 24 hours policy of Air Mauritius.
- The airline would not charge a penny for making the cancellations if the passengers proceed with it within 24 hours of booking. A small cancellation fee would be applied if the free span is missed out.
- The 24 hours policy exclusively applied to the passengers with valid refundable tickets. If the tickets are purchased during a peak time, the airline considers them nonrefundable.
- The passengers can check whether their tickets are eligible for the free cancellation or not during the time of booking. In certain cases, the airline allows the passengers to cancel their tickets for free even if the cancellation is done at the last minute.
Air Mauritius Cancellation Fee
With every benefit, a limitation is necessary for the smooth flow of the process. Although the passengers are provided with flexible cancellation rules and duration, they would have to face little consequences in the form of a fee if they do not cancel their tickets within 24 hours.
- If the passengers are booking a non-refundable ticket, the airline would charge 100 per cent of their ticket fare as a cancellation fee. The passengers who hold a non-refundable ticket cannot make any refund demand.
- The fee cancellation usually ranges between 25 per cent to 50 per cent of the total fare. The determination of the cancellation fee immensely depends on the class of the tickets purchased and the time of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee usually differs from 100 USD to 200 USD if the passengers are making end minute cancellations.
- Making the cancellations via a call or by visiting the service centre demands a small fee from the passengers. Usually, 50 to 70 USD is charged from the passengers.
Air Mauritius Cancelled Flight Compensation
It is not only the passengers who would have to compensate for last-minute cancellations. If the airline is cancelling or delaying any flight, they do take an extra step to compensate for the mishap.
- If the airline cancels the flight, the passengers have two options. They can either seek a complete refund after the cancellation or they can opt for the next alternative flight.
- Air Mauritius flight cancellation policy states that the passengers would be provided with a seat in any class with empty seats. Class upgrades are possible without having to pay any additional amount.
- The airline would provide meals and beverages to the passengers in case of any delay. In certain cases, the ground staffs would give you the food coupon for the meals.
- If the flight is delayed by more than 4 hours, you would be provided with accommodation till the arrival of the next flight.
- The airline would make no compensation if the flights have been cancelled or delayed due to some unusual reasons. Such as in case of bad weather, emergency situation etc.
- The airline is not liable to make any compensation if it has notified its passengers about the cancellation before a certain time (14 days).
How To Cancel an Air Mauritius Ticket?
Cancelling Air Mauritius can be done in a number of ways now. Whether you want to make the cancellation online in a tap or you want to dial the office and seek help. You can make the changes in any way you wish to.
Cancelling Air Mauritius Tickets Online
- Browse through the official website, Air Mauritius Homepage.
- On the top right of the page, you can notice a login option. Make sure to log in before making any cancellations.
- Tap on the ‘Manage My Bookings’ section displayed on the homepage.
- Enter your PNR number and last name along with the ID number. Click on the continue button.
- The airline would fetch your details. You can click on the cancellation option and confirm your cancellation.
- As soon as you have made the cancellation, make sure to fill out the refund form.
- When the cancellations are made, you would receive a notification regarding the cancellation and refund on your email ID.
Cancel Your Air Mauritius Ticket Via A Call
- Call the help centre of Hainan Airlines at .
- Get in touch with a representative who would be assisting you with your cancellations.
- Tell your PNR number and last name to the executive. Elaborate on why you are cancelling the tickets.
- The executive would check your eligibility and inform you regarding the cancellation refund following the Air Mauritius flight cancellation policy.
- They would then cancel your tickets. You can ask them to initiate a refund at the time of cancellation.
Air Mauritius Refund Policy
Air Mauritius refund policy is one of the reasons why the airline has been people’s favourite. If you are planning to cancel your ticket with Air Mauritius, sit back and enjoy the laid back refund policy.
- If your ticket is booked by some other person, the airline would only make the refund to the person who booked the ticket.
- The airline shall also proceed with a refund if the flight has been cancelled/delayed or any change in destination takes place.
- If you do not show up for your flight, the airline would consider it as a no show and no refund shall be initiated in that case.
- The refund usually takes 7 to 12 business days to reflect in the bank account. If you have paid via a credit card, the airline would make the refund in the same way.
- If you have paid via cash or cheques, the airline would reach out to you to know about your preferred refund mode.
- The airline has the complete right to deny a refund if you apply for it after the validity period. If your tickets are cancelled under unusual circumstances, for example, if the country denies the via, the airline shall grant you a full refund.
- The refund would only be made for refundable tickets. If you are booking a non-refundable ticket, you cannot seek any refund from the airline.
- In case you have booked and cancelled your tickets via an agent, the airline would only make the refund if the agents are authorised and registered.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Yes. The airline provides the facility of both online as well as offline cancellations. Go to the official website of the airline and make the cancellations accordingly.
As per the Air Mauritius flight cancellation policy, if the airline cancels your flight you are left with two options. You can either take the next alternative flight sent by the airline or ask for a refund.
Yes. Air Mauritius is taking all the preventive measures to assure the safety of the passengers during the COVID. The passengers would have to take the RT PCR report while on boarding. Social distancing and frequent sanitisation are followed.
Yes. The passengers can cancel their tickets for free if the cancellations are done within 24 hours from booking. The free cancellation window differs with the class of the ticket. In some cases, the passengers are allowed to cancel their tickets at the last minute.