Frontier Airlines is a good choice for your travel experience, but sometimes you may need to change your flight because of some unavoidable situation. For this, you should have knowledge of the frontier flight change policy. Passengers must know all the terms and conditions under the frontier airlines flight change policy for availing of the change services.
Read below to understand the frontier airlines flight change policy and terms and conditions in detail:
How do I change my flight on Frontier Airlines?
If you have this question “how do I change my flight on frontier airlines” in your mind, then its solution lies in the two options offered by frontier airlines. It provides online as well as offline method for changing and managing bookings with them. Passengers can choose any method according to his/her convenience.
Online Flight Change
- Visit the official website or mobile app of frontier airlines and log-in using your credentials.
- Now click on “my trip/check-in” tab and enter your confirmation code and the last name according to the original ticket.
- You will see the trip confirmation page, look for the “change flight ” option and click on it.
- Now you will see a pop-up on the right side of the screen which will read as “itinerary changes.” You can select single or multiple flights from your itinerary that you wish to change. Make a selection for all the flights you want to change and notice the option of changing the origin and destination airports with the flight departure date. After filling up all the new information click on the “change” button to proceed.
- After clicking on the “change” button, you will get the view of flights available. Passengers will be shown the new ticket price and the price difference on the next page. After all the steps, total fees according to the changes made will be displayed. Now confirm all your changes and you will get your new trip details.
Offline Flight Change
Many of the passengers prefer the offline way of making changes and amendments to their reservations. No worries, you also get this option of offline changes with Frontier Airlines. Passengers can call on frontier airlines change flight phone numbers or they can ask for changes through Frontier airline’s counter/kiosk. You can choose any way at your convenience.
Same-Day Flight Change Frontier Airlines
The same-day flight change frontier policy makes the process of changes and amendments very easy and convenient for a passenger. Frontier Airlines will provide the facility of same-day flight change if the seats are vacant.
- Economy ticket holders will be charged with a fee of $50 for the same-day flight changes.
- Classic plus (refundable) ticket holders enjoy free service of the same-day flight change.
- The Summit Level members of Early Returns also enjoy the free same-day change service.
Passengers can avail of the same-day flight change service by calling the frontier airline’s reservation department or visiting the frontier reservation counter/kiosk at the airport.
Through the same-day flight change, passengers can change their itinerary in all ways but there may b some restrictions. Visit the official website of the airlines for more details and information.
Frontier Change Flight within 24 Hours
If the passenger has purchased a ticket from the frontier at least seven days(168 hours) before the scheduled departure flight date, then the ticket is eligible to be changed free of cost within the 24-hours of purchase.
Frontier Airlines holds the passenger’s ticket for 24 hours and charges any fee only after the 24-hour window is up. The transaction will also be shown in your credit card statement post the 24- hours of ticket booking.
For the tickets purchased which have less than seven days (168 hours) before the scheduled flight date, No free change services are offered by Frontier Airlines.
The tickets booked through some third-party travel agencies will follow the 24-hour change policy of that travel agency only.
Frontier Flight Change Fee
Frontier airlines may charge a fee for different services offered. The Frontier Flight Change Fee depends on the ticket/fare type purchased by the passenger and the number of days left for the scheduled departure, every ticket has a different policy for different services. Recently the Frontier Airline’s change fee policy was updated and it is mentioned below:
- For the changes made after 90 days, no fee is charged.
- For the changes made between 14 to 89 days, a fee of $49 is charged.
- For any changes made in less than 13 days, a fee of $99 is charged.
Other than any flight change fee, passengers will also have to pay the difference in fare for the selected flights.
If you wish to be free from all change fees, you need to purchase a service called ” The Works ” at the time of reservation. The cost for availing this service is $57 to $83 each single way trip (cost on the round trip basis). Passengers will get the benefit of avoiding all change fees and free checked and carry-on baggage. With this service, your ticket will also be fully refundable (if canceled 24+ hours before the scheduled departure). Passengers also enjoy some exclusive benefits like the option to choose “best seat available” and priority Zone 1 boarding.
Frequently Asked Questions: Frontier Flight Change Policy
Yes, Frontier flight change policy allows the passengers to make any changes in their flights. The airline has a free change window of 24 hours, if the passengers are willing to make the changes after that span, they would have to pay for it.
Frontier Airlines change flight can be done both online as well as offline. If you wish to make the change online, you can visit the official website, click on the “Manage My Bookings” option and make the changes that you wish to. If you want to change it offline, you can either walk down to the ticket center or give a call at the customer center.
According to the Frontier flight change policy, if you have involved any agents in the booking process you can only make the changes by contacting them. The airline does not have any role in making the changes in this case.
Yes, If you have booked a round trip, you can change the flight date as per your wish without any trouble. Frontier flight change policy is quite hassle-free and gives you the liberty to make whatever modifications you wish to.
If you are making the changes within 24 hours of booking, you would not have to pay a single penny for that. However, if you miss out on the free change window, the airline would impose a fee ranging between 100 to 400 USD.
Frontier flight change policy clearly states that the cancellation fee varies as per the class of the ticket and the time of cancellation.