Lufthansa check-in services help passengers complete the boarding process, online as well as at the airport before they can actually reach the airport to board their scheduled flight.
Lufthansa flight check-in helps you save time and energy as passengers do not have to stand in the long queue to get their boarding pass.
With Lufthansa flight check-in, passengers can print their Lufthansa boarding pass at their pace. They can also get their boarding pass sent to their registered email address and phone number. All they need to do is drop off their baggage while arriving at the airport. In this post, you can find more about check-in services –
- Lufthansa Airlines Web Check-in – Lufthansa online web check-in starts 23 hours prior to the scheduled departure, choose their seat, request special service, and issue their boarding pass or have it sent on the email address provided at the time of booking.
- Lufthansa Online Check-in Baggage Drop-offs – By doing a Lufthansa e check-in, 90% of the job is done. Keep your Lufthansa online check-in boarding pass handy, visit the Lufthansa check-in counter at the airport, and drop your luggage. Once the airlines accept and tag your luggage, move to the security checkpoint to proceed.
- Web Check-in Restrictions – unaccompanied minors or passengers who have visual or hearing impairments need to complete Lufthansa flight check-in at the airport only. Add to that, passengers requested for the wheelchair, stretcher or any other special services need to check-in at the airport only.
Lufthansa Check-in Time & Deadline
For Lufthansa flight passengers it is crucial to arrive at the airport well in advance in order to board the flight, so they must have plenty of time to complete the check-in, drop off their baggage and go through the security clearance desk to board the flight
Deadline – To avoid delay at the airport it is important to complete the boarding process 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure using the Lufthansa app check-in or online. Passengers can also complete the boarding request at the airport, they need to arrive well before the Lufthansa airlines check-in deadline looms.
Baggage Check-in Lufthansa Counter – Passengers must ensure to arrive and check their luggage on time as passengers cannot check bags after the deadline. Extra weight or oversize luggage may take a little longer than the usual time to check-in, as passengers need to arrive airport much before time to avoid the peak rush.
At times, the boarding process at the airport is longer than usual, it is important to respect and adhere to the following deadline for your itinerary –
|Itinerary||When to Arrive at the Airport||Check-in & Baggage Drop off Deadline||Boarding Gate Deadline||Boarding Gate Closes|
|Within Europe||90 minutes||45 minutes||30 minutes||15 minutes|
|To/From the U.S.||120 minutes||60 minutes||30 minutes||15 minutes|
|International (Other than Europe, US, and North America)||180 minutes|
From international airports:240 minutes(4 hours)
|60 minutes||45 minutes||30 minutes|
Lufthansa Flight Check-In Options
With one click, passengers can request Lufthansa ticket number check-in to their final destination as they can conveniently complete the request online or at the airport – whatever suits your best. It is simply a matter of a few clicks are all it takes, as passengers receive a boarding pass in an instant. Let’s understand what all it takes to complete a Lufthansa check-in request via the following options –
Lufthansa Online Check-in
With Lufthansa, passengers can conveniently check-in right from the comfort of wherever they are. Passengers can complete the request 23 hours prior to the scheduled departure, as they can choose their desired seat, print out an online boarding pass, or have it sent to the registered email address or mobile number. Lufthansa flight web check-in is available for –
- Lufthansa worldwide
- Austrian Airlines for all the flights to/from Germany and Austria
- LOT Polish departure flight to/from Poland and Germany
- Croatia Airlines for departure to/from Germany and Croatia
- Scandinavian Airlines for departure from Frankfurt and Munich to all Scandinavian countries
How to Check-in Online on Lufthansa Airlines?
In order to complete the request online for your Lufthansa Airlines reservation, passengers must have their six-digit booking reference along with the passport number handy, if you’re on an international flight. Lufthansa online check-in allows no earlier than 23 hours prior to the scheduled flight arrival. Here’s how you can access Deutsche Lufthansa web check-in –
- Visit Lufthansa.com, and head to the ‘Manage Booking’ section
- Click on the ‘Lufthansa online check-in’ tab to proceed.
- Enter the six-digit PNR code along with the passenger’s surname who needs to be checked in
- Select the seats and add checked baggage for your reservation. You can also add any special request such as a Wheelchair, extra legroom seats, and many more at the time of Lufthansa web check-in request.
- You have now completed the Lufthansa check-in service. You need to save the Lufthansa boarding pass or you can print it right away to keep a copy handy.
Lufthansa Airlines online check-in is not available for departure from
Passengers cannot complete Lufthansa com check in online for flights operated by all other airlines specified here, or code-share or interline agreement partner flights. Passengers are not allowed to complete the Lufthansa web check-in online request if the flights are operated by other airlines but booked on the Lufthansa flight number.
Mobile Lufthansa Check-In
Extremely convenient: Lufthansa mobile check-in requests can be completed via smartphone or tablet, as passengers can complete the said request from wherever they are; from the convenience of their mobile device, and download their boarding pass.
Passengers need to complete the request as early as 23 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure as they can complete Lufthansa online check-in requests with their smartphone, reserve the seat, and get the boarding pass issued right on their smartphone. All you need to do is enter lufthansa.com in your mobile phone browser or use the Lufthansa mobile check-in app.
Lufthansa App Boarding Pass – After completing the Lufthansa mobile check-in request, passengers will receive the Lufthansa app boarding pass. Passengers will receive the ‘You’re checked in’ confirmation, thereby receiving the Lufthansa boarding pass as an in-app directly via email or SMS link sent straight to your registered phone number.
Availability of the Lufthansa Online Check-in Boarding Pass – Passengers can access the Lufthansa app boarding pass from anywhere across the globe as it is offered from international destinations worldwide. After receiving the Lufthansa boarding pass, passengers can manage and use this offline via the Lufthansa app.
Faster Access to Flight Boarding – Passengers can save valuable time with a Lufthansa boarding pass if traveling with a checked bag, where they can save time by simply moving to the security checkpoint and proceed to the boarding gate.
How to Check-in with Lufthansa Mobile App?
Lufthansa offers its passengers a more convenient boarding process as travelers can get their Lufthansa boarding pass issued directly on their smartphone while completing the request. Lufthansa app check-in offers the QR codes of the paper certificates that can now be scanned and checked quickly and conveniently from the convenience of your Android and iOS device. Follow these steps to complete the Lufthansa check-in request via mobile –
- Open the Lufthansa app and click on the check in link and enter the six-digit confirmation number or 13-digit e-ticket number and the passenger’s last name in the designated field.
- Complete the Lufthansa online check-in seat selection, and add the checked bags, only if you’re carrying
- Click on the ‘Confirm’ button to print the boarding pass. Passengers have the option to print the boarding pass right away or you can save the boarding pass link to print it later.
Lufthansa Automatic Check-In
With Lufthansa check-in automat Frankfurt, passengers can save valuable time and enjoy more relaxed travel as they will receive Lufthansa boarding pass easily by text or email directly to the mobile phone 23 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
Here are the important points to consider with the Lufthansa automatic check-in –
- Lufthansa Miles & More members can now enjoy more relaxed access to automated boarding process for all the flight which has been booked 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure, as they will automatically receive the boarding pass 23 hours before the scheduled departure on the email address or mobile phone provided at the time of booking
- Miles & More members would receive the Lufthansa mobile check in boarding pass as a text or on their registered email address
- Lufthansa self-check-in services would also offer seat selection, baggage tag, and other special services.
- Passengers can disable Lufthansa automated self-check-in in their customer profile at any time
- Lufthansa automated check in cannot be availed for the flight operated out of the Schengen Area. In such instances, passengers will receive a separate Lufthansa pre-flight check in invitation as usual.
If, after Lufthansa automated check in, passengers wish to cancel, it can be requested via the link in the Lufthansa mobile boarding pass. Passengers can rebook in the Lufthansa app or on Lufthansa.com under the ‘My Booking’ section provided that the reservation’s fare rules permit rebooking.
How to Complete Lufthansa Airport Check-in Requests?
When you arrive at the departure airport, you can arrive in the following ways –
Lufthansa Self Check-in – Follow these steps to complete your request –
- Passengers need to visit a self-service kiosk within 30 minutes to 30 hours prior to the scheduled departure and purchase their travel option such as additional baggage, seat selection, class of service upgrade, special service and many among others.
- Passengers need to insert their 13 digit e-ticket number in order to complete the request and can print their Lufthansa boarding pass right away or have it sent their boarding pass to their mobile number or email address.
- Passengers need to tag their checked bags and proceed to Lufthansa airlines check-in baggage drop-off counter.
See a Lufthansa flight representative at the counter -Here is how you can complete the flight boarding process by visiting the airport counter –
- Provide your 13-digit e-ticket number or 6 digit booking reference to the Lufthansa flight representative
- Ask the agent to complete the Lufthansa airlines check-in request.
- Provide your seat preference as well as other travel option such as additional baggage, class of service upgrade, special service, etc to proceed
- Submit your luggage for the tags and proceed to security clearance to board the flight.
Late Night Check-in Lufthansa
Lufthansa check-in during late-night is especially meant for tour groups and travelers with small children or a passenger traveling with a lot of suitcases.
With Lufthansa’s late-night check-in, your baggage is in the safe hands, so you can head start your travel the next day relaxed and hassle-free.
Let’s Understand How Lufthansa Check-in at Late Night Works – Lufthansa late night check in service, in general, is available for all the flights operated by Lufthansa or a Lufthansa Regional partner and is available at Lufthansa’s primary and secondary airport hubs across the globe.
On the eve of your scheduled departure – no earlier than 23 hours prior to the scheduled departure – apply for the check in Lufthansa service, you can drop off your luggage at the counter, choose your seat, and much more. You would be issued a Lufthansa boarding pass right away, and the next day you can proceed directly with the flight at the relevant departure gate.
Please note that Economy Class check in, Lufthansa service is permitted under exceptional circumstances for late-night boarding.
Late Night Check-in Lufthansa for USA, Canada, and Mexico – Lufthansa late-night check in kiosk located at all airports in USA, Canada, and Mexico, and is available for both connecting as well as direct flights.
Please note that check in for late night with Lufthansa is not available for flights within Canada and Mexico
Lufthansa Late Night Check-in for Groups – Lufthansa group check in for groups during late-night is possible with the help of Lufthansa Airlines as your tour operator.
How Can I Do Lufthansa Check-in via Telephone Number?
If you’re not internet savvy you can seek assistance from the Lufthansa flight representative to complete the check in request. To complete your boarding request follow these steps
- Access your Lufthansa Airlines reservation by providing details like PNR/Reservation Code, ad the last name of the passenger
- Ask the Lufthansa flight executive to complete your boarding request
- Give your preference for the seat selection, and is subject to availability
- Once the Lufthansa flight check in request is completed, you can download, print or email your boarding pass
If you wish to change your flight details then you can go through Lufthansa flight change policy.