Check-in processes for KLM can be handled in a variety of ways. Check-in using internet portals is the easiest and most convenient way to secure a room early. KLM check-in procedures can be implemented through Mobile App, Website, Airport kiosk check-in counter, Airport desk check-in counter, SkyPriority check-in counters.
KLM Airlines Check-in Times
The airline enables passengers to check-in at least one day before their planned departure. The KLM check-in process is simple; simply go to the approved facilities or portals. The online check in time for KLM is somewhat sooner than the physical check-in time.
Refer to the following points for further information about check-in times and deadlines. The following are the authorized methods for completing the check-in at your convenience.
KLM Online Check-in
The online check-in process starts from
- Passengers can initiate the KLM online check in procedure
- KLM web check-in time for US flights is twenty-four hours to one hour before scheduled departure.
- KLM online check-in time for other destination flights is thirty hours to one hour before planned departure.
Exceptions: The KLM check-in time for flights to or from Mumbai, Ethiopia, Sudan, and Kenya is thirty hours to one hour before departure.
Note: To get the KLM boarding pass on mobile, you need to complete the check-in procedure at least 24 hours prior to departure for the U.S. Flights, and for other destination flights, KLM online check-in needs to be made at least 30 hours before departure.
KLM Self-Service Check-in Timing
KLM self-service check in can be done by being at the Kiosk tower. For European flights, passengers can begin the check-in procedure as early as two hours before planned departure. Passengers on intercontinental flights can initiate the check-in process three hours before the flight’s departure.
Note: Passengers must finish the check-in process at least 40 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
KLM Airport Check-in Time
Arrive at the outgoing airport at least two hours before the scheduled departure time to begin the check-in process. The KLM airport check in desks at Amsterdam Schiphol airport open at 04:30 a.m. sharp, and many airport counters are open 24 hours a day. Check-in at the airport counter will only allow you to get a boarding pass if your flight is scheduled to depart in two to three hours.
KLM Airport Check-in Start and End Times for Some Specific Airports
The KLM check-in time varies slightly depending on the airport. So, for a quick overview of KLM airport check in timing consider the following:
Check-in Start Time
- Osaka: 2 hours before scheduled departure
- Moscow: 2.5 hours before scheduled departure
- Split: 3 hours before scheduled departure
- Delhi: 4 hours before scheduled departure
- Lagos: 4 hours before scheduled departure
- Mexico City: 5 hours before scheduled departure
- Paramaribo: 5 hours before scheduled departure
KLM Airlines Check-in Deadline
- Amsterdam: 60 minutes before scheduled departure for non-Europe flights
- Istanbul: 60 minutes before scheduled departure
- Bonaire: 70 minutes before scheduled departure.
- Guayaquil: 70 minutes before scheduled departure
- Freetown: 80 minutes before scheduled departure
- Lagos: 90 minutes before scheduled departure
- Accra: 120 minutes before scheduled departure
- Paramaribo: 120 minutes before scheduled departure
- Check-in for European flights must be completed 40 minutes before the planned departure time.
- Check-in for Intercontinental flights must be completed one hour before the planned departure time.
Flying Blue Membership Benefits
The Flying Blue membership categories are in multiple tiers. The membership program consists of Explorer, Silver, Gold, Platinum.
- Savings on checked baggage allowance.
- Discounts on seat purchase.
- KLM silver priority check in desk.
- Comfortable check-in of baggage.
- Make required payments for overweight bags.
- Grab a boarding pass quite comfortably.
- Seat selection.
- Make changes to the seat selection.
- Priority lines for KLM check-in, baggage drop-off, and boarding.
- A free seat at the time of reservation or 50 percent discounts on other seats.
- Lounge benefits.
- Carry one extra bag.
- Free seat.
- Priority check-in counters.
- Excess to dedicated KLM bag check-in counters.
- Other benefits of Gold membership.
- Excess to premium lounges.
KLM Web Check-in Method
For check-in via online portals, you will need to implement the steps explained below:
- Visit the official website of KLM.
- Be on the KLM check-in page.
- Use required credentials to find the desired trip.
- For KLM Airways check-in, you will need to share information of booking code, flight number, Loyalty program ID, and other required details.
- Review the input and tap on the check-in tab.
- KLM seat selection can be done while checking in online. You can change or add a new seat, add baggage, and book a meal.
- Pay required charges such as KLM web check-in online fees(if any).
- In the end, you can download KLM online boarding pass from the registered email ID.
KLM Mobile Check-in Method
Passengers holding a KLM booking can initiate the check in from the official mobile app. To do this, they need to initiate the KLM mobile check in at least thirty hours to one hour before the scheduled departure time. For flights traveling to or from the US can initiate check-in 24 hours prior to scheduled departure. The mobile check-in steps are identical to the web check-in method. Passengers can save time, effort, and money by initiating the check-in through online portals.
Other Use of KLM Mobile App
- Book flights
- Purchase add on services
- Choose seat
- Add meals
- Purchase additional baggage
- Complete KLM check in
- Get the status of the booked flight
- Secure KLM boarding pass
- Cancel schedule reservation
- Receive important notifications
- Manage both KLM and Flying Blue account
- Be in touch with the officials of KLM through social media accounts
Note to consider while initiating the KLM online check-in process
- Some airports in the United States will not accept printed boarding passes (KLM online boarding passes), thus passengers must check-in at a self-service kiosk or airport counter.
- Reach the departure airport as early as possible to tackle the crowd.
- The KLM check-in luggage desk will be open during the same hours as the passenger check in counter.
- Passengers with a SkyPriority subscription can finish the check-in process at the airport more quickly.
- Passengers can qualify for SkyPriority by
- Regularly traveling with Business Class tickets.
- Subscribe to loyalty programs such as Flying Blue, Gold, or Platinum members.
- Travel with Flex ticket.
- For Europe, passengers can fly in Economy Class cabins.
- Be a member of SkyTeam Elite Plus level.
- Passengers who are unable to check-in online can initiate the KLM check-in at the airport in the following manner:
- For European Flights: 2 hours to40 minutes before departure.
- For Intercontinental Flights: 3 hours – 1 hour before departure.
- SkyPriority check-in offered to
- Business and First Class passengers
- Platinum and Flying Blue Gold members
- SkyTeam Elite Plus members
- KLM royal dutch web check-in can be done by using the following link www.klm.us/check-in. The online check-in method can be initiated from thirty hours to one hour before departure.
- Passengers traveling to or from the USA can initiate the KLM online check-in process 24 hours before departure.
- The KLM web check-in time will depend on ticket types, membership program, and departure country.
KLM Airport Check-in Method
Passengers who wish to complete check-in through old school techniques can visit departure airport within the specified time and implement the following steps:
- Reach the KLM airport check in counter.
- Present required documents such as passport, frequent-flyer card, ticket(physical or e-ticket).
- The agent will check the eligibility while reviewing the shared input.
- Initiate the check-in on your behalf.
- Pay the KLM airport check in fees on top of other essential charges.
- Take your boarding pass and use it to board the scheduled flight.
KLM Self-Sevice Check in Method
In the same manner, the KLM self-service check in method can be done. Visit the departure airport on the same day of scheduled departure. Carry passport, frequent-flyer card, the booking number. Reach the kiosk tower. Follow the on-screen commands. Add meal, baggage, select seat, special meal, baggage, or upgrade to business class at the time of check-in through kiosk tower. Pay all the required charges and you are ready to take a printout of the boarding pass.
Unaccompanied children, those traveling with pets, and passengers requiring special help are not eligible for KLM Self-Service check in at the Kiosk. Check-in must be done at least 40 minutes before departure for European flights and 60 minutes prior to departure for intercontinental flights.
Services offered at Kiosk
- Add bags
- Purchase a seat
- Upgrade cabin(if your ticket qualify)
- Print boarding pass
Note: You may need to pay KLM airport check in fees along with other applicable charges. On some destinations, the airline may charge a fee even if the check-in is made through online portals.