You’re pretty excited to book that flight for the family vacation. You fill out all the information you need, you hit the purchase button. Voila! You have an Iberia flight ticket to your dream destination. But, hey? Did you check whether you put the correct names of the passengers on the reservation? Chances are you didn’t. But, you’re not alone. After all, we don’t care to see if our names appear exactly on our photo IDs. Iberia Airlines name change policy has a clear warning that the name used for booking your tickets must exactly match your government-issued photo ID. Since your IDs carry all the essential credentials that your name has.
The bottom line is you shouldn’t be a cause of worry to request an Iberia change name on the booking. Here are the steps you can take with your Iberia Airlines reservation to avoid such issues –
- Always try to add your middle name, or any other suffix and prefix to your name to match what it appears on your government-issued ID
- In case you forgot to do it, no problem. Immediately access your reservation via the ‘Manage Booking’ section, and verify the correct name.
- If you’re flying on the Iberia Airlines flight that has multiple flight segments with airlines involved, access your reservation on each airline’s portal, and update all the relevant information
- Also, try to have a frequent flyer account with Iberia Airlines that fill up the secure passenger information to your profile. So, next time when you book a flight with Iberia and add your frequent flyer number, the correct passenger’s information would be automatically updated and saves you from any Iberia Airlines name change requests.
Iberia Airlines Name Change Rules
Let’s understand, if you have inserted an incorrect name, what are your options, and how you can still make your flight hassle-free. Here are the important rules and considerations from Iberia Airlines names change policy –
- As per Iberia Airlines name correction policy, the airline offers a grace period usually 24 hours in which passengers have the opportunity to correct their misspelled name for free. In this case, the tickets would be sent to reissuance. Thereby, passengers may be responsible for the fare difference, if there is any.
- As per Iberia Airlines change name policy, the airline only allows the passengers to correct their first, middle, or last name up to three characters. Please note, the count of these characters shall not be misunderstood as three characters each for the first, middle, and last name.
- The ticket must be issued with the Iberia Airlines (IB) only, and have the ticket stock number with 075, and the flight itinerary must be operated by the Iberia Airlines only.
- As per Iberia Airlines name change policy, a passenger cannot change the name on the ticket to another passenger. The airline restricts the change in ownership of the reservation. In such circumstances, passengers may have to cancel their existing reservation, claim a refund, and then rebook the same itinerary for the different passengers. Iberia Airlines cancellation fee may be applied.
- Iberia change name on ticket request would be applicable where the immediate payment isn’t required.
- All the package booking that involves a car rental and a hotel booking, the Iberia name change request can be completed by calling us on Iberia Airlines customer service number.
Iberia Airlines Name Change Fee
Iberia name change fee would be applied as per the fare rules or conditions mentioned below –
|Fare Conditions||Iberia name change fee|
|Can only make changes if you booked with the Iberia Airlines||125 USD|
|You’ll need to visit one of their offices and request the re-ticketing option.||150 USD|
|Iberia Airlines change up to 3 letters||125 USD|
|Can only correct tickets on flights operated by Iberia Airlines, can’t if other airlines are involved||125 USD|
|Iberia Airlines name correction only for special cases and requires the airline approval||75 USD|
|Iberia Airlines change the passenger name to another ticket||200 USD|
|Iberia Airlines name change in a genuine case of typo errors||50 USD|
|Iberia Airlines name change requests for Europe bound flights||200 USD|
Check the Conditions Concerning Iberia Name Change
Before any passenger take action to request Iberia Airlines name change, they need to check the fare conditions, and the same has been received with the booking receipt, as well as can be found on the booking confirmation
For all the Iberia Airlines fares and flight tickets, certain fare conditions may apply. In some situations, the airline allows Iberia name change requests till a certain period prior to the scheduled departure.
Check the Iberia Name Correction Fee Concerning Changes
In the fare condition associated with the Iberia change booking, not only is it mentioned whether the Iberia Airline name change is allowed, but also whether an Iberia Airline name change fee will apply. Iberia name change fee calculated in various ways –
- A one time Iberia airlines name correction fee
- Iberia name change fee per passenger, per flight segment
- Iberia name change fee per passenger, per flight segment alongside any applicable fare difference
How to Change Name on Iberia Flight Ticket?
In this post, we would be sharing the procedure to change name on Iberia flight. Follow this thread to learn more –
Contact Iberia Airlines Customer Service
Now that you may know about the Iberia Airlines name change possibilities and the concerned fee associated, it is time to contact the Iberia Airlines
If you want to avoid any additional costs, you may request the name change via the Iberia Airlines phone number.
It is important to contact Iberia Airlines, if the reservation is made via them because your travel details are linked to the airline booking system and can only be accessed by the airline.
While contacting us, and in order to prevent that not everyone accesses each other’s reservation, the Iberia Airlines name change representative may ask you some security questions. It is therefore advisable that only the ticketed passenger contact the Iberia Airlines customer service. You would be asked the security question, as the employees will assist you.
Explain what is wrong with the name on your flight ticket
Our Iberia Airlines executive may advise you and help, and clearly explain to you what is wrong with your Iberia Airlines name change request. The executive will make you aware of how your name is stated in the machine-readable strip at the bottom of your passport, and in which way is misspelled or does not match the name on your Iberia Airlines booking.
Based on this, the agent will determine what type of Iberia name change is necessary, which fare condition may apply, and what possible solution may be offered to the passenger.
Let the Iberia Airlines executive provide you a solution
When you know what the options and Iberia Airlines name change fee are for having your name changed, it is sometimes tempting to indicate during the customer service conversation that you’ve read that the Iberia Airlines name correction is possible at a certain cost.
Nevertheless, it is sometimes better to let an Iberia Airlines executive come up with a solution. Sometimes, the airline may offer you a cheaper option or a solution that you have not read yet or thought about yourself.
At times, it appears that, in addition to the Iberia Airlines name change fee, you may have to pay the difference. Or sometimes, it might be cheaper to cancel an existing reservation and book a new flight with the correct passenger name.
Confirm the Iberia Airlines name change on the correct name
If you agree with the Iberia name change request, it is very crucial to spell your name correctly to avoid any misunderstanding over the phone. A possible action is here to spell the name by using the army/aviation alphabets. This is very commonly used while making flight bookings over the phone.
Before the Iberia Airlines misspelled name request is completed, it is advisable to go over the fare rules, Iberia Airlines name change fee, and the correct name of the passenger again. This ensures everything is right from both the side – the Iberia Airlines as well as the customer.
Check your new e-ticket
Ater the Iberia Airlines name correction request is completed, you will receive a confirmation including the new e-ticket, and if necessary please be on the phone while you wait for the email confirmation to check. If it is not possible, take a note of the Iberia Airlines representative. In this way you can thank the executive for his cooperation, and when something went wrong, you can approach the Iberia Airlines customer service number and refer to the same executive again.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
As per Iberia Airlines name change policy, changes on the name ticket are not allowed after the reservation is ticketed. Only name correction is possible for up to three characters. For this reason, passengers need to pay special attention while writing the first name and last name of the passenger and must coincide with the documentation they present at the airport at the time of boarding the plane.
Yes, if you have a middle name in your photo ID. While you are making a booking, always try to add a middle name to your reservation, only if there is a middle name mentioned in your ID, as the Iberia Airline always tries to match the ticketed name with your government-issued photo ID.
When you arrive at the airport at the check-in desk, and the name on the flight ticket does not match with the name on the government-issued photo ID or does not match in accordance with your passport, the Iberia airline will not allow passengers to board the flight, in accordance with the rules and guidelines mentioned by the Department of Transportation.
To avoid being refused on your flight or having any trouble during the trip, feel free to reach our Iberia Airlines customer phone number as it is always advisable to change the wrong name on your flight ticket.
As per Iberia Airlines name change policy, the airlines call this a change in ownership and is only possible if the fare condition or rule associated with your flight booking allows it. At times, it is possible to change the name with Iberia Airlines if you have not been checked.
Iberia name change fee varies with the flight route, seasonality, and the mode of alteration chosen by the passengers. The Iberia Airlines name change fee varies between 125 and 200 USD, as the overview of the change fee and costs is mentioned above in this post.