Qatar Airways cancellation policy offers the most flexible and affordable flight cancellation that helps passengers save money anytime during travel.
This post contains all the information about the guidelines, and rules that you should keep in mind before requesting a cancellation.
In addition, you will also get all the information related to cancellation which is attributed directly to the airlines. Check all the detailed information about the cancellation, flight cancellations compensation, 24-hour cancellation policy, refund policy, and much more.
Main Highlights of Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy
You can request Qatar Airways flight cancellation up to 3 hours before scheduled departure for international flights. The request can be made 90 minutes before for domestic flights.
Just like the above, there are other rules and guidelines you should know before making a hassle-free cancellation request –
- Any flight reservation purchased with reward points or miles does not cover cancellation as per the airline’s policy.
- Passengers canceling the reservation after 24 hours of purchase can avail of a refund. This is for the unused portion of the ticket minus the applicable cancellation fees.
- Certain fare rules associated with your flight booking do not allow cancellation after the scheduled departure. The entire booking value may be forfeited. No refund can be claimed by the passenger, under any circumstances.
- Considering that the fare is non-refundable then no part of the fare is eligible for a refund upon cancellation.
- The most restrictive Qatar Airways cancellation policy would be applicable when the booking includes two or multiple fare conditions.
- In some cases, the passenger may be denied boarding for not having a valid travel document or permit. Then an applicable Qatar cancellation fee and no-show fee would be collected.
- Sometimes a passenger may make multiple demands for Qatar Airways flight change request on the booking. Then the most restricted or highest cancellation fee might be applicable among all the reissued fares.
- No cancellation request would be applicable when the request on the booking is made after 12 months from the date of scheduled departure.
- In certain fares, both non-show and cancellation fees would be applicable.
Qatar Cancellation Policy 24 Hours
Under the Qatar Airways 24 Hour Cancellation Policy, the airline will offer a full refund to each passenger. In addition, no cancellation fee would be applied provided that the scheduled departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of cancellation.
You need to keep certain points in mind before making a cancelation of your booking within 24 hours of purchase –
- Refundable and non-refundable tickets qualify for the full refund under this policy, regardless of the trip type and the class of service booked.
- Qatar Airways 24 Hour Cancellation policy offers a full refund to those tickets which are booked directly with the airlines.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy is only valid for passengers traveling to or from the US, Canada, and passengers with a US passport.
- The said policy is not applicable on the flight reservation booked with Future Travel Credit, eGift vouchers, and Electronic Gift Certificates.
- Reservations booked with frequent flyer rewards or mileage are not covered under Qatar Airways 24 hours cancellation.
- Any PNR or booking reference that contains more than 9 passengers is not eligible for cancellation under 24 hours.
Qatar Airways Free Cancellation
You can also request a free cancellation with the airline. No cancellation fee would be collected. Here are the following scenarios that help you
- Passenger requesting the cancellation within 24 hours of purchase.
- In case of a death of an immediate family member, passengers may request cancelling anytime before the scheduled departure. You need to submit the death certification as proof of validation.
- Any flight that is delayed for 5 or more hours, passengers can claim a refund on the unused portion of the ticket in case they refuse to opt for an alternative flight.
- The flight is cancelled by the airlines and the flight disruption was directly under the airline control, then cancellation may be free.
Different Procedures to Cancel Qatar Airways Ticket
Qatar Airways flight can be cancelled online, through mobile app, through Customer Service phone number as well as at the airport. To –
Cancel Qatar Airways Ticket Online – Flights that are booked on qatarairways.com can be called via Manage Booking section. The said request is subject to airline penalty and surcharges that need to be paid online. Here’s how you can navigate the cancellation request online –
- Visit the site and retrieve the booking using the “Manage My Trip“.
- Enter the booking credential in the relevant field to proceed.
- Choose the light segment that you would like to cancel.
- Confirm the selection with a reading consent page.
- The refund amount will be displayed on your screen.
- Complete the cancellation process by submitting the Qatar Airways online refund request form.
- You will receive a confirmation mail from the airline on your registered credentials (mobile number and Email ID).
Cancel Qatar Airways Ticket via Call – In some cases, the passenger may face issues in canceling tickets online. So, the airline cancellation via Customer Service phone number at +1-844-673-0381 is available. For canceling tickets with the airline’s executive over the phone, you have to pay the airline penalty and other service fees over the phone.
Cancel Ticket at the Airport Counter – When you choose to cancel a ticket at the airport counter, it can be done at your departure airport. You can do so up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure. The airline will refund your amount after deducting both service fees and cancellation fees. After deduction, the rest of the amount will be transferred to your account within 1 to 3 weeks.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Fee
The airline may not impose any cancellation fee within 24 hours of making the booking. Outside this duration, the airline’s penalty would be:
|Fare Component||Cancellation Fee (In USD)||No-show cancellation (in USD)|
|Discounted Fare||250||Does not Apply|
Qatar Airways Cancels Flights
Though airline strive to not cancel or delay the flight, but sometimes it may happen for reasons –
- Beyond the control of Qatar
- Within the airline’s control
Beyond the Control of Qatar – Your flight may be cancelled or delayed due to reasons outside the airline’s control. For instance, a bird strike may have delayed the flight schedule. Sometimes, guests need to be disembarked due to the medical emergency. Or, weather events like snowstorms may create a huddle.
When the airline delayed a flight for 3 or more hours. As per the Qatar Airways cancellation policy, the airline will –
- Provide an alternate flight for no additional charge.
- If the flight is not available, the airline will offer the flight with another airline for the same destination as booked.
Within the Airline’s control – Your flight can be cancelled for delays for reasons within the airline’s control.
Assuming that the flight is cancelled or delayed for 3 or more hours and is under the airline’s control –
- Provide an alternate flight for no additional charge.
- In case the flight is not available, the airline will offer the flight with another airline for the same destination as booked.
- Failure to offer the same class of service by the airline would result in offering the higher class of service to the passenger.
- Passengers can deny the alternate option and claim for a refund on the unused portion of the ticket.
Qatar Airways Flight Cancellations Compensation
As per Qatar Airways cancellation policy, sometimes you may be denied boarding or your flight is delayed. In other instances, it may get cancelled for at least 3 hours. Then you may be entitled to certain compensation.
Compensating for Flight Delay
In several instances, the passenger is informed of cancellation or delay less than 14 days prior to the scheduled departure. The Qatar Airways flight cancellation compensation will be provided as follows –
|Length of Delay||Amount of Compensation (In USD)|
|3 to 6 hours||400|
|6 to 9 hours||700|
|9 hours or more||1000|
Standard of treatment – Owing to certain reasons, there may be any flight delay where passengers have been informed less than 12 hours before the departure. They may have waited for 2 hours or more. The airlines will offer meals and refreshments and access to communication, in relation to the length of the flight delay. Passengers will also get –
- Hotel and other accommodation
- Airport transfer, to and from accommodation
Flight Cancellation Compensation
The flight cancellation compensation depends upon the route distance, and the number of days when they were informed about it.
If informed of flight cancellation 0 to 7 days before departure – The passenger may have been informed between 0 to 7 days before the scheduled departure. The airline offered alternative transportation, and reached the final destination with a delay of more than 2 hours. The compensation would look like –
|Route Distance||Length of Delay||Amount of Compensation (USD)|
|Less than 1,500 km||Departure at least 1 hour early and Arrival up to 2 hours later||125|
|Arrival at least 2 hours later||250|
|1,500 km – 3,500 km||Departure at least 1 hour earlier and Arrival up to 3 hours later||200|
|Arrival at least 3 hours later||400|
|3,500 km or more||Departure at least 1 hour earlier & Arrival up to 4 hours later||300|
|Arrival at least 4 hours later||600|
Qatar Airways Refund Policy
As per Qatar refund policy, the said refund would be offered on the unused portion of the ticket, and must be in accordance with the following condition –
- Upon presentation of satisfactory proof of payment, the refund will be made to either the passenger named on the ticket or the person who paid for it.
- In a situation wherein the ticket was purchased by someone other than the passenger named on the ticket and the ticket specifies a refund restriction, the airline will offer the refund to the person who purchased it.
- Sometimes there may be a case of flight cancellation or the airline may fail to operate a flight according to the timetable. There can be a delay of more than 2 hours for a long-term irregularity or more than 5 hours for a short-term irregularity. Then the passenger is entitled to a refund.
- Amount equal to the airfare paid minus the Qatar Airways cancellation fee would be offered as refund. This is given when you have not used any portion of the ticket, as per Qatar Airways cancellation policy.
- According to the Qatar Airways refund policy, the airline refuses to refund for the said booking when the cancellation request is made later than 12 months after the expiry of the validity of the ticket.
- Qatar Airways cancellation refund would be credited back in the same currency as purchased. The currency conversion charges may apply.