Scheduled a trip with the Qatar Airways? However, due to unanticipated events you had to cancel the scheduled journey. What to do next? How to save money from cancellation charges? Many questions arise in your mind when you miss or cancel the flight. For dealing with such a situation you must know Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy. When you ascertain the policies, you are able to save your effort and energy.
Main highlights of Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy
Qatar Airways keeps on introducing new features and modifications in its cancellation policy at regular intervals to help its passengers get the best services. The airline offers flexibility in its cancellation policies that help its passengers save money on all types of cancellations.
- The passenger will get a full refund according to the cancellation policy, if he or she cancels the ticket within 24 hours of reservation.
- After the 24 hours of booking, no refund initiated if the passenger booked a non-refundable ticket.
- The passenger traveling with refundable tickets will get a refund but he or she needs to pay the cancellation fee as per the Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy.
- When a passenger fails to complete the check-in process in stipulated time then No-show fees are charged against them.
- A full refund is allotted to each passenger when the flight is delayed for more than three hours.
- If the flight got canceled by the airline for any reason (technical or corporates) then Qatar Airways will grant a full refund to each passenger.
- No refund to a passenger traveling with an Award ticket.
- As per the Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy, a full refund to each passenger if the cancellation reason as follows:-
- Bereavement of passengers
- Loss of Passport or Visa
- Judiciary judgment
- Military orders
- Government orders
How to gain a full refund if the passenger booked a non-refundable ticket?
If you booked a non-refundable ticket the only way to get a full refund is by cancelling the ticket as per the Qatar Airways 24 Hour Cancellation Policy. After the 24 hour window, no refund is initiated to passengers if they hold a non-refundable ticket.
What is Qatar Airways 24 Hour Cancellation Policy?
- No cancellation fee is imposed by the airline if the passenger is canceling the ticket within 24 hours of booking.
- Under the Qatar Airways 24 Hour Cancellation Policy, the airline will offer a full refund to each passenger without imposing any hidden clause.
- Both types of tickets (refundable and non-refundable tickets) qualify for the full refund under this policy.
- With the Qatar Airways 24 Hour Cancellation Policy, all the passengers get a chance to undo their mistakes for free of cost.
- As per this policy, if you are looking for a full refund then the departure date must be one week away from the date of reservation.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy is only valid for passengers traveling to or from the US, Canada and passengers with a US passport.
- Qatar Airways 24 Hour Cancellation offers a full refund to those tickets which are booked directly from Qatar Airways.
- This 24-hour cancellation policy does not cover those tickets which are booked from third party agents.
- For grabbing refund the passenger needs to wait 7 to 21 days from the claim date.
Types of Qatar Airways Cancellation
When the passenger cancels a scheduled ticket for unforeseen circumstances, it comes under the Voluntary Cancellation. In the voluntary cancellation, the airline will not offer any type of compensation to passengers. The passenger will get some amount as a refund but as per the Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy. The passenger with a non-refundable or basic fare ticket will only get a government tax portion as a refund.
If the flight got canceled by the Qatar Airways then it comes under Involuntary Cancellation. As per the cancellation policy, the airline will not charge cancellation fees if the flight is canceled by Qatar Airways. The cancellation reasons may come under the personal or corporate factors but the passenger will get a full refund. In case the flight is delayed for one to two hours then the airline will offer free meals, vouchers, and many more as compensation. However, if the flight gets canceled or delayed for more than 3 hours then the passenger will receive a full refund from the airline as compensation.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Fee
- No-show fees are charged against the passenger, if the tickets are canceled after the departure period.
- The Qatar Airways Cancellation Fee is derived by considering the ways of tickets.
- The passenger will need to pay 175 USD as cancellation charges, if an outbound flight is canceled by them. The airline charges both cancellation fees and No-show fees against the passengers with the outbound flight ticket.
- For the inbound flight, only the cancellation fee is charged. They need to pay 50 USD for retaining a refund.
- No Qatar Airways Cancellation Fee is charged if the cancellation is made on the same day of reservation.
- The passenger with a refundable ticket can only perform cancellation. However, for earning a refund he or she is required to pay a cancellation fee as per the routes, date of booking and many more.
- According to the cancellation policy, passengers with Platinum or Gold membership do not require to pay Qatar Airways Cancellation Fee.
- Full ticket fare is charged as cancellation charges, if you hold a non-refundable ticket.
- No cancellation fee is charged against the passenger when the airline makes changes in the departure timing.
What is the Qatar Airways Ticket Cancellation Fee for non-refundable tickets?
- According to the Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy, the airline will not charge a cancellation fee if the ticket is canceled on the same day of booking even if the ticket nature is non-refundable.
- After the lapse of risk-free time frame, the airline will charge total ticket value as the Qatar Airways Ticket Cancellation Fee. No refund is initiated for them.
- If the passenger traveling with non-refundable tickets fails to complete the journey due to invalid documents then both cancellation fees and No-show fees charged on them(passenger).
- When the flight got canceled by Qatar Airways then no cancellation fee was charged to the passengers with non-refundable tickets.
- The airline charges 100 USD to 200 USD as the cancellation fees for the passenger traveling to International routes.
Qatar Airways Refund and Compensation
Cancellation by the Qatar Airways
1- Due to bad weather
When Qatar Airways canceled the flight due to bad weather, they offer following benefits to each passenger:-
1- Free meals
2- Complimentary drinks
3- Travel vouchers
4- Free fax and calls
5- Full refund(not mandatory)
2- Due to corporate factors
If the ticket is canceled by the airline due to corporate reasons then the passenger will get a full refund with free meals, drinks and travel vouchers for future plans. The airline will not charge cancellation fee and the refund amount will be processed within 20 business days.
Cancellation by the passenger
1- Refundable ticket holder
The ticket must be canceled within 24 hours of booking. After the end of the risk-free period, the passenger with a refundable ticket is required to pay a cancellation fee for gaining a refund. The airline will not grant any refund if the ticket cancellation date is the same as the departure date.
2- Non-refundable ticket holder
The passenger with a non-refundable ticket will not get a refund if the 24-hour risk-free period lapses. Qatar Airways will offer a refund if the ticket canceled within the same date of booking and departure date is one week away.
What is the compensation offered if the flight is delayed by the airline?
1- For one to two hours
The airline offers some portion of ticket fare as compensation with free meals and drinks.
2- More than 3 hours
Qatar Airways will offer a full refund if the flight got delayed for more than 3 hours or free accommodation with transportation.
Different procedure to cancel Qatar Airways ticket
Qatar Airways offer multiple portals to cancel tickets and reduce the stress of passengers. All the passengers have several options to cancel tickets as per the availability. Following are the ways by which passenger can easily cancel their tickets:
1- Official Website
To cancel tickets on the official website you need to follow simple steps which are mentioned below-
- Visit the site and complete the login procedure with User credentials.
- After sign in, “go to the Manage My Trip section”.
- Enter the confirmation code as per the e-ticket with your or passenger’s last name.
- Choose the tickets and click on continue.
- Write the reason for the cancellation.
- Confirm the selection with a reading consent page.
- The refund amount will be displayed on your screen.
- Complete the cancellation process by submitting your refund request form.
- At the end of the cancellation process you will receive a confirmation mail from the airline on your registered credentials (mobile number and Email ID).
2- Mobile App
The cancellation process is similar to website cancellation. The main benefit of canceling tickets on Mobile App is that you do not require to visit the airport. The cancellation steps are as follow:-
- Download the official mobile app.
- Open the app and complete the sign-in process.
- Visit to manage my trip section and search the ticket by entering the reservation code with the passenger’s last name.
- Choose the reason from the available drop-down.
- Match the refund amount with your calculation.
- Submit the claim form by reading the consent page and accepting the terms and conditions.
- After submission, Qatar Airways will send you a confirmation mail on your registered email ID or mobile number.
1- Reservation Number
In some cases, the passenger may face issues in canceling tickets online so the Qatar Airways offer cancellation through Reservation numbers. You just need to dial +1-888-434-6454 and cancel your ticket within 15 minutes. For canceling tickets offline you need to pay service charges extra. To cancel a ticket you need to present the confirmation code and cancellation reasons in front of travel agents.
2- At the Airport counter or city ticket center
When you choose to cancel a ticket at the airport counter or city ticket center then you need to pay a service fee excluding the cancellation charges. The airline will refund your amount after deducting both service fees and cancellation fees. After deduction, the rest of the amount will be transferred to your account within 1 to 3 weeks.
FAQs related to Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy
The Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy USA states that they (airline) will not charge cancellation charges if the ticket is canceled due to Covid-19. As the World Health Organisation declared Covid-19 as a pandemic, so the airline will not charge any cancellation fee if you are canceling a ticket. This policy is applicable all over the world including the USA.
If you are wishing to cancel tickets without paying a cancellation fee then you must cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking. When a zero cancellation period lapse then the airline will charge a cancellation fee according to the Qatar Airways Cancellation policy.
To connect with customer service you simply need to dial Qatar Airways toll-free number +1-888-434-6454. This number is toll-free for the passenger holding the USA or Canadian Passport. The number is dedicated to passengers traveling to the USA or Canada and the toll-free number is in many languages.
When you cancel tickets on the same day of departure then you will not get any amount as a refund. Qatar Airways allows you to cancel the booking before three days from the departure date and after that, you will not be able to secure a refund. The full ticket fare will be forfeited as the Qatar Airways flight cancellation fees.