Regarded as Malaysia’s largest carrier, AirAsia serves over 165 destinations in 25 countries around the world with a host of exclusive offers and in-flight services for its passengers. If you too are planning to fly with the airline, it is time to get familiar with AirAsia flight change policy inside out in case any change in plans crop up. Here we go:
AirAsia Fight Change Policy: Key Highlights
- According to the AirAsia flight change rule, the carrier will charge the full ticket fare as a change fee for bookings made through an unauthorized portal.
- Passengers carrying Low Fare and Value Pack tickets need to pay a ticket change fee for making changes after the risk-free period.
- The AirAsia flight change policy states that all unused portions will be refunded and can be used for future flights. The remaining part of the trip will be used by the passenger for one year from the date of the journey.
- No refund is generated for passengers with non-refundable tickets. The whole ticket value will be charged as the AirAsia change flight fee.
- The passenger with Premium Flex and Premium Flatbed ticket can make modifications for free even when the risk-free period has lapsed.
- Passengers are eligible for a full refund with an option to reschedule the trip for free if AirAsia cancels a flight for technical reasons. For refunds passengers can choose any available form. The money will be refunded to the original method of payment.
AirAsia Flight Change Policy for Passenger With Low Fare and Value Pack Ticket
- According to AirAsia flight change rules, if the risk-free time expires, the passenger with the Low Fare and Value Pack ticket must pay the AirAsia change flight fee.
- Unlike other carriers, AirAsia’s flight change policy is quite simple. It has several provisions to protect loyal flyers from expensive change fees.
- Passengers with the Low Fare and Value Pack ticket have to pay Zero change fee if the booking date is the same as the change date.
AirAsia Flight Change Rules for Passenger With Premium Flex and Premium Flatbed Ticket
- Passengers with Premium Flex and Premium Flatbed tickets can change their tickets for free several times.
- According to the AirAsia flight change policy, Premium Flex ticket holders are entitled to two free changes to their scheduled ticket, while Premium Flatbed ticket holders are entitled to an infinite number of free changes.
- When passengers change their AirAsia booking via any offline mode, they must pay service fees in addition to the AirAsia change flight fee.
- With Premium Flex and Premium Flatbed tickets, the passenger does not need to pay AirAsia change flight date charges even if they make modifications after the risk-free period.
How to Make AirAsia Flights Change?
There are two ideal ways to make AirAsia flights change. We have discussed them both below:
AirAsia does not charge change any fee if the changes are made within the risk-free period. So, be wise, and always opt for Premium Flex and Premium Flatbed tickets. To make AirAsia flight change, a passenger has multiple online methods:
Go to the Big the BIG Member login page on the official AirAsia website https://www.airasia.com/
Log in with your credentials and go the My Bookings section.
Choose the flight and make changes. If required, change the date of the journey then select the new flight date as per the availability.
Select the new date and if required you may change the flight. Once you are done, check the add-ons. The in-flight add-on services are subjected to the laws of the airline or rules imposed by the airline.
Pay the AirAsia flight date change fee or pay the fare difference. You can pay the change fees via debit card, credit card, PayPal wallet, etc.
Once the payment is done, you will get the message of successful transaction on your system screen.
Open the AirAsia mobile app. Use your account credentials to complete the BIG Member login procedure.
Use a confirmation code with the passenger’s last name. Choose the flight and make changes as per your requirement (date, time, flight, cabin class, etc).
For modifications, tap on the Edit icon and perform the required changes.
- Pay the AirAsia change flight fee, you can pay the change fees via debit card, credit card, PayPal wallet, etc.
- AirAsia change flight date charges(if you are changing the date of the scheduled flight)
- AirAsia name change flight fee(if you are changing the name of the passengers)
- AirAsia change flight fee(if you are changing the date of the scheduled flight)
Once the payment is done, you will get the confirmation mail on your registered ID.
The airline will charge a service fee excluding the AirAsia change flight fee, even if the modifications are made within the risk-free period. However, if you are unsure about the journey, then always opt for Premium Flex and Premium Flatbed tickets as both tickets offer zero change fee features. To make AirAsia flight change, a passenger has multiple offline methods:
Go to the AirAsia counter, share your BIG Member login credentials.
Ask the agent to make modifications as per your requirement.
The agent will ask you to fill the change form.
Fill in the form with all the required details.
The agent will check for the availability and request you to pay the AirAsia change flight fee.
Pay the change fee to collect your ticket.
Customer Service Number +1-844-673-0381
Dial the toll-free number, set the language, select the option from the dropdown.
Ask the agent to make modifications on your behalf. For this offer all the required credentials, and make modifications as per your requirement (date, time, flight, cabin class, routes).
The agent will fill the form, and ask you to pay the change fee and gain your e-ticket on your registered ID.
AirAsia Flight Change Policy – FAQs
To change the destination of AirAsia booking over the call, you need to dial the customer service number +1-844-673-0381 and ask the agent to change the destination of your scheduled journey. For this, you need to pay the AirAsia change flight fee as per the airline’s rules.
Yes. You can change seats after web check-in. However, for that, you need to communicate with the AirAsia officials. For making changes, you need to pay 20 to 30% as AirAsia change flight fee.
Before the Pandemic: Passengers needed to pay 20% to 30% as AirAsia change flight fee.
After the Pandemic: No need to pay any amount as AirAsia change flight fee. Each passenger whose journey date falls between the covid duration is eligible for a zero change scheme from the airline.
Yes. You can change your AirAsia itinerary after booking. For more details, communicate with the officials through the customer service number +1-844-673-0381, live chat feature, or by visiting the official outlets near you.
To change the date of birth on the AirAsia flight, you need to communicate with the officials through the customer service number +1-844-673-0381
You can change flights with AirAsia premium flex tickets via the online and offline method.