Icelandair is one of the best airlines you can consider traveling with. With that said, if you have already made Icelandair Bookings, you would be curious to know Icelandair Baggage Policy. The airline has framed a very simple, and comprehensive baggage policy. The Icelandair baggage amount will depend upon the class of your booking. Continue reading the entire posts to find information about Icelandair baggage limit and other questions related to the Icelandair baggage rules and restrictions.
Important Highlights Regarding Icelandair Baggage Policy
There are different requirements for check-in and carry-on baggage. Also, the number of bags that you can bring totally depends upon the type of fare you have booked with the airline. Most of the fare that is booked with the airline generally gets 1 checked-in bag, and 1 carry-on. On the other hand, the saga class passengers get 2 checked bags. Check out the important highlights.
- Icelandair Excess Baggage Fee is non-refundable.
- If you have connecting flights, extra baggage must be purchased at the airport.
- Passengers can purchase 3 additional checked-in bags in advance. If the passengers want to travel with more than 3 bags, he/she can purchase them at the airport. A passenger can buy a maximum of 10 checked bags.
- The airline has a special rule for sports equipment and musical instruments. Depending upon the size and weight of musical instruments, the airline will determine whether they can be carried on as a checked-in bag or carry-on.
Well, if you still have any queries about Icelandair Baggage Policy, you can dial to speak to representatives. In addition to that, you can get information about Icelandair Flight Cancellation Policy.
Icelandair Carry On Baggage Policy
Icelandair Carry-n baggage Policy differs from Icelandair Checked-in baggage policy. Also, the airline permits passengers to carry bags depending upon the fare booked by them. Take a look at how many bags you can carry according to the Icelandair Carry-on baggage policy.
- Saga Class Passengers – 2 Bags + 1 Personal Item
- Economy Comfort Class Passengers – 2 Bags + 1 Personal Item
- Economy Class Passenger – 1 Bag + 1 Personal Item
Icelandair Checked Baggage Policy
- Icelandair Saga Class Baggage Allowance states that passengers are entitled to checked bags. However, the weight of the bags must not exceed the prescribed Icelandair checked baggage size.
- Economy comfort class passengers can carry two checked baggage according to Icelandair Baggage Policy. The restrictions on weight and size are imposed by the airline.
- One checked-in baggage is permitted for passengers traveling in Economy Class.
Icelandair Baggage International Allowance
|Classes of Service||Checked Baggage||Carry-on Baggage|
|Economy Light||None||1 bag (22 lbs / 10 kg) + 1 personal item|
|Economy Standard||1 bag (50 lbs / 23 kg)||1 bag (22 lbs / 10 kg) + 1 personal item|
|Economy Flex||1 bag (50 lbs / 23 kg)||1 bag (22 lbs / 10 kg) + 1 personal item|
|Saga Premium||2 bags (70 lbs / 32 kg each)||1 bag (22 lbs / 10 kg) + 1 personal item|
|Saga Premium Flex||2 bags (70 lbs / 32 kg each)||2 bags (22 lbs / 10 kg each) + 1 personal item|
Icelandair Baggage Rules
Icelandair has prescribed some Icelandair Baggage rules for check-in and carry-on allowances. Icelandair Baggage Size limits differ for both check-in baggage and carry-on baggage. Take a look at the Icelandair Baggage Rules and regulations that the passengers must abide by:
Icelandair Checked Baggage Rules
- Saga Class Service – Passengers are permitted to carry checked-in baggage. The weight of their bags must not exceed 32 kgs/70lbs each. The total dimensions of the bag must not surpass 62 in/158 cm. The dimensions include length, breadth, and height.
- Economy Comfort Class – The airline restricts that the weight of the baggage should not be more than 23 kgs each/ 50 lbs. Also, the dimensions of the bags should be less or equivalent to 158cm but not more than that.
- Economy Class – The weight of baggage must not exceed 23kgs/ 50 lbs. Also, regarding the dimensions of the bag, the total should not be more than 158 cm.
- Infants – Infants who are not entitled to a seat, Icelandair Infant Baggage Allowance Policy states that they are allowed for one carry-on or check-in collapsible stroller.
Icelandair Carry on Baggage Rules
- Saga Class – Maximum weight of each carry-on should be 10 kgs/ 22 lbs each. The maximum dimension should not be more than 115 cm.
- Economy Comfort Class Passenger – The baggage weight for carry-on for passengers traveling in Economy Comfort Class should not exceed 10 Kgs. In terms of dimensions, the total of dimensions should not be more than 115 cm.
- Economy Class Passenger – The weight of carry-on must be restricted to 10 Kgs. The dimensions of the bags should not surpass 115 cm.
Icelandair Baggage Restrictions
Icelandair has put some restrictions on what products you can carry and what products you should keep at your home. Take a look at Icelandair Airline Baggage Restrictions:
Icelandair Carry On Baggage Restrictions
For safety reasons, the airline prohibits carrying a bunch of products as carry-ons. Check out carry-on Baggage Restrictions:
- Guns, firearms, and devices that discharge projectiles.
- Stun Devices
- Sharp and Blunt Objects
- Explosive Substances
Icelandair Checked Baggage Restrictions
The airline prohibits carrying of the below-listed products. Check out the list of products that passengers must not carry:
- Infectious substances
- Flammable Liquids, and solids
- Vape Pens
Icelandair Baggage Fees
In case, if you want to carry more baggage, you can do it by buying additional baggage. The airline will charge Icelandair Baggage Fee only when the baggage limit exceeds the Icelandair Free Baggage Allowance. Check out the Icelandair Excess Baggage Fee as prescribed by the airline:
Icelandair International Baggage Fee For Pieces Weighing Between 1 kg to 50 Kgs
If the excess piece weighs between 1 kg to 50 kgs, the airline will charge Icelandair International Baggage Fee each way for one piece. The Icelandair Excess Baggage Charges are as follows:
- For the flights within Europe, $46 for each way.
- For flights whose destination is between Iceland to USA/Canada, Extra Baggage Allowance To USA/ Canada will cost $120 each way.
- For flights between Europe & Canada, $132 will be charged for each way and each piece.
For Pieces Weighing More Than 50 Kgs
The baggage fee on Iceland air is different if the pieces you are carrying weigh more than 50 kgs. The Icelandair Excess Baggage Fee for Each piece, each way will be charged as per the following rules:
- For Flights within Europe, Icelandair International Baggage will be $40 each way for each bag.
- For flights operating between Iceland and the USA/Canada, the baggage fee will be $105 each way and each piece.
- For flights between Europe and the USA, the baggage fee will be $120 for each way, and for each piece.
These Icelandair Baggage Guidelines must be followed by passengers. On the other hand, if passengers want to change their flight, the Icelandair Flight Change Policy allows passengers to modify their flight tickets.
Overweight Bag Fee For Icelandair
In case, if the weight of the baggage exceeds the prescribed weight, Icelandair will charge an overweight bag fee. Icelandair overweight baggage fee will be charged as per the following rules:
- For Flights Traveling Within Europe – $50 will be charged.
- For Flights Operating Between Icelandair to the USA – $58
- For flights between Europe and the USA – $80
What Happens If Your Baggage Is Lost Or Destroyed?
If your baggage has been delayed or destroyed, the passengers immediately need to submit its report to the airlines. To request, Icelandair Baggage Damage Claim, the passengers will have to fill out the form, and the airline will get in touch with you.
On the other hand, if you have lost your baggage, you can track baggage with the help of Icelandair. You will find a link on the official website to track your baggage.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
The airline permits passengers to carry a certain amount of bags depending upon the fare booked by the person. There are measurement and weight restrictions imposed by the airlines.
Saga Class Passengers – 2 Bags + 1 Personal Item
Economy Comfort Class Passengers – 2 Bags + 1 Personal Item
Economy Class Passenger – 1 Bag+ 1 Personal Item
Icelandair does not offer any military discount. Icelandair is a European Airline which is why it does not offer any additional benefits to the US Military.
In case, if your baggage gets destroyed, you can ask for Icelandair Lost Baggage Compensation. To claim compensation, you will have to fill an online form.
If the weight of your baggage exceeds the prescribed, the airline will charge Icelandair extra baggage cost. Depending upon the additional weight you are carrying, the airline will charge a fee.