Rest assured, you can still embark on your journey using your ticket, as long as you follow the Emirates name change on the ticket. It is unnecessary to cancel your current reservation with Emirates Airlines, seek a refund, and rebook another flight with the accurate name.
Passengers are allowed to make name correction requests for their existing flight booking with Emirates, ensuring a smooth travel experience. We will now explore the challenges and complexities associated with Emirates Name Correction Policy regarding changes to passenger names.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Emirates Name Change Service?
As per Emirates name change on ticket guidelines, passengers must meet the following guidelines –
- Passengers can request corrections to their names with Emirates, allowing changes of up to 4 characters in the first, middle, or last name.
- Emirates name change on the ticket must be completed up to 2 hours before the flight
- The airlines prohibit the swapping of passengers on a ticket, meaning that changing the ownership of a ticket is not allowed.
- Under certain legal circumstances like marriage, legal name change, or divorce, Emirates permits passengers to change their first or last name.
- When using the Skywards Frequent Flyer Reward account to book tickets, name changes are not permitted under any circumstances.
- After processing a name change request for an Emirates ticket, the corrected name will be updated in the existing Passenger Name Record (PNR).
- Each passenger will be subject to an Emirates name change fee, as well as any applicable fare difference.
- Once the name correction is completed, passengers will need to go through the Emirates flight check-in process and select their seats again.
- To avoid being considered a no-show and to claim a full refund for the unused portion of the ticket, all flight segments associated with the incorrect name must be canceled prior to the scheduled departure, as per Emirates name change passenger name rule.
Changes to the details of the ticket – You have the option to change the name on your ticket by paying a fee. This can be done up to 2 hours before your flight’s departure (or 8 hours for bookings made through a travel agent or non-Emirates website) –
- You need to rectify a genuine error in your name.
- Your name has changed due to marriage, divorce, or a legal name change
What kinds of Emirates Name Correction Requests Accepted?
Here are the following guidelines that will apply while applying for an Emirates name change on the ticket procedure –
|Name Change Scenario||Guidelines||Fee|
|Emirates Name Correction||Correct up to 4 characters in first, middle, or last name, on Emirates-operated flights.||Emirates name change fee applicable.|
|Emirates Middle Name Change||Add or eliminate middle name. Flight rebooking in same or higher class, subject to availability.||Emirates name change fee and fare difference, if applicable.|
|Altering Passenger’s First Name||Change allowed only for legally changed names. Name must match government-issued ID.||Emirates name change fee and fare difference, if applicable.|
|Adding Title/Suffix/Prefix to Name||Add title/suffix/prefix to name, matching government-issued ID.||Domestic: Emirates name change fee. International: Emirates name change fee and fare difference.|
|Emirates Skywards Name Change||Swap first or last name for Skywards members, under legal considerations.||Emirates name change fee and fare difference may apply.|
|Name Change Under Legal Obligation||Change due to marriage, divorce, or legal name change. Flight operated by Emirates only.||Emirates name change fee.|
How to Request a Name Change on Emirates Airlines?
Passengers have the option to request a correction to their name on Emirates tickets either online or by phone. The following step-by-step processes outline how passengers can change their name on an Emirates reservation:
Emirates Name Change Online – Here is the step-by-step process that allows passengers to correct/change the name on their Emirates Airlines reservation online –
- Go to Emirates.com and go to the ‘Manage Your Booking’ section. Enter the six-digit booking reference and the passenger’s last name.
- Click on Retrieve Booking to proceed.
- Click on the ‘Emirates name correction’ tab to proceed.
- Enter the correct name exactly as it appears on the passenger’s government-issued photo ID.
- Pay the required Emirates name change fee and any fare difference at the checkout page.
- After completing the name correction request, your Emirates booking will be sent to the sender for issuance in a similar or higher class of service, subject to availability.
- Within 4 hours, you will receive a new e-ticket with the corrected name sent to your registered email.
Emirates Name Change Phone Number – Here is the step-by-step process that will allow passengers to correct/change the name on the Emirates Airlines reservation over the phone –
- Dial the Emirates name correction phone number at +1-855-568-1951 and wait for a flight executive to connect with you.
- Provide the Emirates airline reservation details and ask the agent to correct the name on your booking.
- Similar to the online process, Emirates allows passengers to correct up to 4 characters in the first name, middle name, or last name. Remember that the 4 characters refer to the total number and not for each name component.
- The Emirates flight executive will add the correct name of the passenger, requiring validation through a passport or government-issued photo ID.
- After completing the Emirates name correction request, you will receive a new e-ticket with the corrected name, matching the government-issued photo ID.
How much is the Emirates Flight Name Change Fee?
Below is the overview of the Emirates name correction fee according to the following destinations –
|Destination||Name Change Fee (in USD)||Name Change permitted Up to|
|All (excluding UK, India, Brazil)||USD 30 per ticket||Up to 24 hours before departure|
|UK||No charges apply if the point of origin of the flight is Brazil.||Up to 24 hours before departure|
|Brazil||No charges apply if the point of origin of flight is Brazil.||Up to 24 hours before departure|
|India||No charges apply if the point of origin of flight is India||Up to 24 hours before departure|
Whether it’s through the online method or by contacting the dedicated phone number, Emirates ensures a smooth process for passengers to update their information. By following the step-by-step instructions and adhering to the guidelines provided, passengers can easily make the necessary corrections and receive a new e-ticket with the correct name.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Yes, as per Emirates name correction policy, the airline passengers can correct up to 4 characters on the first, middle, or last name. The 4 character conditions shall not be misunderstood as each for first, middle, and last name. Add to that, passengers are also allowed to swap their first name or last name under legal considerations such as marriage, legal name change, or divorce.
Definitely not! As per Emirates name change policy, passengers need to have the correct name ticketed as it must exactly match what appears on the passport or government-issued photo ID. This is to ensure that all the passengers have been screened against the government or aviation authority watchlist and are approved to fly. Emirates airlines reserve the right to allow or deny flight access to the passengers.
Yes, beyond 24 hours from the date of booking, passengers are allowed to apply for the Emirates name change/correction where passengers would be asked to pay the Emirates name change fee. The fee ranges between 200 – 250 USD as it varies with the ticket type and the class of service booked.
Yes, as per Emirates name change policy, the airline does not allow swapping of passengers on the ticket. In other words, Emirates airlines do not permit the change in ownership of the ticket. In such circumstances, passengers need to cancel their existing flight booking, process a refund on the booking value, and then rebook the same Emirates flight itinerary with the correct passengers.
Yes, as per Emirates name correction policy, under legal circumstances such as marriage, divorce, or any other legal name change, passengers can change/correct the name against the name change fee provided that they need to submit the government-issued photo ID for validation, as the name must appear exactly on the government-issued photo-ID.
No, providing that passengers are following Emirates name correction policy and meeting all the requirements for the name correction, a waiver code is not required.
Yes, passengers can change/correct the name on the Emirates airlines reservation within 24 hours of the date of purchase, as passengers are not required to pay Emirates flight name change fee. Only fare difference would be applicable as tickets need to be reissued on the same or higher class of service, subject to availability.