Nobody wishes to drop their plans for traveling at the last moment. However, some situations are not in our control and we end up doing things we would never want to do otherwise. However, airlines can alleviate our pain a bit with their cancellation policies. In this guide today, we are going to learn about the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy to help you make your ticket cancellation journey with the airline an easy experience.
Main Highlights of Spirit Cancellation Policy
For the last-minute cancellation, the airline will charge cancellation fees according to the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy.
If the airline cancels the ticket due to bad weather, no cancellation fee is charged.
Passengers are not required to pay a single penny if they cancel their tickets within 24 hours of the booking and the departure date is 7 or more days from the booking date.
After the risk-free period, you need to pay cancellation charges as per the airline policies.
When the airline cancels the flight on the same day of departure then the airline will offer free accommodation to passengers.
Passengers who have booked a non-refundable ticket are required to pay the cancellation fee after the risk-free period.
After the departure, all the passengers with the standard tickets need to pay the entire ticket fare as the cancellation charges.
According to the Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy, the airline will not charge any fee if the passenger cancels a ticket for the following reasons:
- Death of Relatives
- Theft of Passport
- Government orders
- Military or court orders
NOTE: The airline follows two different Spirit Flight Cancellation Policy as per the route preferred by the passenger. For international routes, the airline charges more cancellation fees than domestic routes. In some regions, the airline does not offer risk-free cancellation. So for detailed information, passengers must contact the airline customer support team.
Understanding Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy Due To Bad Weather
The Spirit cancellation policy due to bad weather slightly differs from the standard cancellation policy.
- As per the policy, the airline will not deduct any amount as a cancellation fee.
- If the flight is postponed, preponed or canceled by the airline then the airline will notify passengers in advance.
- After the cancellation, the airline will offer a seat on the next flight from the same departure and destination point.
- If passengers wish they can cancel, reschedule flights, and opt for a full refund.
- Generally, the airline offers compensation but passengers need to follow the Spirit Airlines flight cancellation policy for securing more benefits.
Spirit Flight Cancellation Policy Due To Death Explained
Some situations are beyond the control of passengers such as the death of the passenger or their relatives. For such circumstances, under the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy, the airline will not charge a cancellation fee. To secure a full refund, passengers need to submit a death certificate. The process is simple. Passengers just need to submit the certificate by filling out the refund form.
What is Spirit 24 Hour Cancellation Policy?
- If a passenger cancels the ticket on the same day of the reservation then the passenger is not required to pay additional fees. This policy is applicable if the flight departs after one week of reservation.
- Under this policy, the non-refundable ticket holders also qualify for a refund.
- The Spirit 24 Hour cancellation policy allows the passenger to secure a refund without any deduction and any hidden assessments.
- After a risk-free period, the passenger needs to pay 90 USD to 110 USD as a cancellation fee for securing a refund.
- The passenger needs to book a refundable ticket as after the risk-free period the non-refundable ticket does not qualify for a refund.
Key Highlights of Spirit Airlines Refund Policy
- No refund to passengers who have booked tickets from the unauthorized portals.
- A full refund is allotted if the ticket is canceled within 24 hours of purchase and the difference between departure and booking date is seven or more days.
- Canceling tickets online will save passengers 10 USD more on cancellation fees.
- The airline will initiate the refund amount within 7 days if the passenger used the credit card for the payment and 20 days if used other modes.
- Under the Spirit Airlines refund policy, a passenger does not require to pay a cancellation fee if the airline cancels the flight.
- Spirit Airlines may waive off the cancellation fees if the passenger is canceling the booking due to death in the family.
What is Spirit Airlines Cancellation Fee?
The Spirit flight cancellation fee is divided into three segments:
- Standard Ticket
- Flight Flex Ticket
- Award Ticket
Spirit Cancellation Fee for the Standard Ticket
The airline will not charge any cancellation fee if the cancellation is done within the same day of reservation.
If the cancellation is made on the online portals, the airline will charge 90 USD as the Spirit Airlines cancellation fee.
Spirit Airlines will offer the refund value as a travel point for future use. All the points can only be used in Spirit Airlines.
The airline will charge 100 USD as the Spirit cancellation fee if made on the offline portals.
Cancellation Fee for the Flight Flex Ticket
When a passenger cancels the Flight Flex ticket, they are required to pay a cancellation fee after the risk-free period.
90 USD is charged as the Spirit flight cancellation fee if passengers prefer an online portal for cancellation.
For canceling tickets on the offline portals, passengers need to pay 100 USD as the cancellation charges.
The only difference between Flight Flex and Standard Ticket is that no change fee is charged on Flight Flex ticket. But the cancellation is the same for both types of tickets.
Cancellation Fee for the Award Ticket
The passenger holding an award ticket does not require to pay cancellation if cancellation is performed within 24 hours of booking.
Outside the risk-free period, the airline will charge 110 USD as the Spirit Airlines cancellation fee.
After cancellation, the ticket value will be transferred to the travel card for future travel purposes.
FAQs Related to Spirit Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy