Enhance the Qatar Airways check-in experience and save your time at the airport. While completing the check-in with Qatar Airways you can choose your seat. Print your boarding pass, and use the fast-bag-drop counters at the airport to check-in the luggage with ease.
Qatar Online check-in opens 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure. You may also check in at the airport 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
Qatar Airways check-in process is only applicable on the flight operated by Qatar Airways. Please note that the Qatar Airways web check-in service is not available for flights operated to/from Sarajevo.
Qatar Airways Flight Check-in Time
Qatar flight Check-In time varies online as well as offline. As the time limit is set to ensure the transfer time of the on-time operations of the flight.
As per the Qatar Airways guidelines, those who fail to complete the flight check in guidelines are not allowed to board the plane, a passenger may fully or partially lose the booking value.
Depending upon the fare rule or condition of the ticket, the passengers are liable to get a partial, full, or no refund.
Online Check-in Time
Qatar Airways web check-in feature may enhance the travel experience as it will help passengers save precious time arriving hours early at the airport or to stand in the long queue.
With online check-in, they can print the Qatar Airways boarding pass beforehand, and head straight to the baggage drop-off counter without standing in the long queues.
Qatar Airways web check-in is available up to 90 minutes before the scheduled departure starting –
- 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure for all the flights to/from the United States
- 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure for all the other flights
To complete Qatar Airways online web check-in, passengers need to retrieve the booking at the Qatar Airways booking portal using the booking confirmation code.
At the time of check-in, passengers may be asked to enter the following details – passport number, accommodation details, Privilege Club Reward Account (optional), and Advanced Passenger Information System (APIS).
They must obtain the Qatar Airways online check-in boarding pass in one of the following ways-
- Get it printed before arriving at the airport
- Via Qatar Airways boarding pass app
- Receive the boarding pass via registered email
Mobile App Check-in Time
Download the Qatar flight check-in app to your smartphone to experience a hassle-free journey at every step. Qatar Airways PNR check-in with one tap and touch log-ins to boarding gate alerts and seat upgrade offers, where passengers could experience the travel with ease.
They may choose the Qatar Airways flight check-in app and let it take care of the rest.
Passengers can breeze through Qatar international check-in via the app with these handy features –
- They can point their camera at their passport to complete Qatar check-in request
- Use Qatar Airways mobile boarding pass at the airport and add it to your wallet
- Deposit the luggage at the airport’s fast-bag-drop counters.
Qatar mobile check-in service is available up to 2 hours before for the international flights, and 1.5 hours prior to the scheduled departure for the flights within the Middle East.
Airport Check-in Time
Qatar Airways check-in at the airport is available on the Qatar Airways counters.
- For All Qatar Airways Domestic Flights Check-in Time – Qatar Airways self-check-in counters close 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Qatar Airways boarding gate closes 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. They are required to present at the boarding gate no later than the time specified by the airline when they check-in.
Qatar Airways recommends passengers must complete the airport check in 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure. Passengers’ journey would be smoother and hassle-free if they allow themselves ample time to comply with the Qatar Airways flight check-in time. Qatar Airways reserves the right to cancel the passenger’s boarding if he/she does not comply with the check in deadlines.
- For All Qatar International Flight Check-in Time– The check-in counters for Qatar international flights close 75 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Qatar Airways airport check-in starts 4 hours before the scheduled departure. Passengers need to present at the boarding gate no later than the time specified by the airline when they check-in.
Qatar international flight check-in time starts at 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure. Passengers’ journey would be smoother and hassle-free if they allow themselves ample time to comply with the Qatar Airways flight check-in time. Qatar Airways reserves the right to cancel the passenger’s boarding if he/she does not comply with the check in deadlines.
Qatar Airways Boarding Zones
Passengers may approach the Qatar Airways Check-in area which usually opens three hours prior to the flight departure time, and ends 60 minutes before the flight takes off.
Passengers are required to carry all the documents at the Qatar Airways boarding gate – Qatar Airways e-ticket, exit permit, passport, and destination visas.
Depending upon the ticket type and the class of service booked, the following are the ways that travelers reach the Qatar Airways boarding zone –
- If you’re flying with Qatar Airways as First Class or Business Class passenger, passengers need to enter the Departure via Gate 1
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club and one-world members, Qatar Airways airport check-in service would be available in row 3
- All the Economy Class passengers with Qatar Airways need to enter the Departure hall through Entry Gate 2 and 3.
- Passengers flying with any other airline and have Qatar Airways as the multiple segments, the easiest to enter the Departure Hall through Entry Gate 4.
Qatar Check-In Baggage
Take the advantage of the seamless world-class baggage check-in experience, as it will allow passengers to check baggage online, and can issue a baggage tag from the convenience of their home.
All you need to do is bring the printed tag and luggage to the ‘Qatar Airways Flight Check-in’ counter at the Hamad International Airport where a Qatar Airways flight executive will assist you.
Add to that, there is also a dedicated Q-Tag counter located at the check-in row 4 alongside the ‘Qatar web check-in bag drop’ counter.
Passengers can use the check-in baggage tag you fly for a hassle-free airport experience. Here are the important considerations related to the check-in baggage tag –
- Passengers need to deposit the luggage at least 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time and your baggage must be within the assigned allowance
- Each passenger can print a maximum of 3 check-in baggage tags for one sector.
- The check-in baggage tags are not available for the connecting flights as well as for the flights with stopovers at multiple destinations.
Here are the steps to check in baggage with Qatar Airways –
- Use the Qatar Airways check-in tab at the airline’s portal using your reservation confirmation
- Once the check-in request is completed, the ‘Confirmation Page’ appears. Select ‘More Options’ and ‘Enter baggage details. Add a number of checked bags to confirm, and click ‘print check-in baggage Qatar’ Pass.
- Preview and print your Qatar check-in baggage tag, and fold it to insert into the reusable plastic wallet found at the Qatar Airways flight check-in counter at the departure airport.
- Attach the baggage tag and approach the ‘Qatar Airways online check-in bag drop’ counter to deposit your luggage.
Qatar Airways Check-In Baggage Dimension
The following information will help passengers determine the number of bags and weight of the checked bag they are allowed to carry during their flight with Qatar Airways.
The airline’s check-in baggage allowance may vary depending on the route type and the class of service selected. Here are the Qatar check-in baggage dimensions that you need to understand before boarding the flight –
- As per Qatar Airways baggage policy, the length, width, and height of the check in luggage must not exceed 158 cm.
- Each piece of luggage at the time of check-in must not exceed more than 32 kg.
- Charges will be applied if exceed the check-in baggage size.
Here’s the overview of the Qatar check-in baggage allowance according to the class of service, and the travel route –
|Economy Classic||Economy Convenience||Economy Comfort|
|To and from all international destinations||1 piece (25 kg)||1 piece (30 kg)||1 piece (35 kg)|
|To and from the Middle East, and Africa||2 pieces (23 kg each)||2 pieces (23 kg each)||2 pieces (23 kg each)|
|Carry-on baggage allowance||1 piece (7 kg)||1 piece (7 kg)||1 piece (7 kg)|
|Business Classic||Business Comfort||Business Elite|
|To and from all international destinations||1 piece (40 kg)||1 piece (40 kg)||1 piece (40 kg)|
|To and from the Middle East, and Africa||2 pieces (32 kg each)||2 pieces (32 kg each)||2 pieces (32 kg each)|
|Carry-on baggage allowance||2 pieces (15 kg total)||2 pieces (15 kg total)||2 pieces (15 kg total)|
|To and from all international destinations||1 piece (50 kg)|
|To and from the Middle East, and Africa||2 pieces (32 kg each)|
|Carry-on baggage allowance||2 pieces (15 kg total)|
How to Check-in on Qatar Airways?
Passengers can complete the Qatar airways check-in request online via web or mobile app, as well as through customer service number. Let’s understand the step-by-step procedure as how passengers can complete the check-in request using the following methods –
Qatar Airways Web Check-in
Follow these steps to complete the Qatar Airways web check-in request –
- Visit qatarairways.com, and click on the Check-in tab on the homepage
- Enter the six-digit booking reference alongside the surname of the passenger in the required field, and click on the ‘Check-in’ button to retrieve your booking
- Qatar Airways web check-in initiates between 24 hours and 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure
- A seat map will pop up, select the seat, and click on proceed to request the meal service for your flight.
- At last, click on the ‘Confirm’ button to issue the Qatar airways boarding pass. You can print it right away or save the link in your registered email address to print it later.
The following passengers are not eligible for the Qatar Airways online check-in –
- Passengers who booked the Qatar Airways unaccompanied minor service.
- Passengers who like to place a Qatar Airways special service request such as a wheelchair or any request that requires special attention for the passenger.
Qatar Airways Mobile App Check-in
Passengers can check in for their Qatar Airways flight on the go. All you need to do is download the Qatar Airways staff check in mobile app from the iOS PlayStore or the Google PlayStore. After that, follow these steps to complete the Qatar Airways flight check-in via mobile app –
- Launch the Qatar Airways app and tap on the Check in link to proceed
- Enter the e-ticket number or booking reference along with the last name of the passenger to retrieve the booking
- On the next page, select the seat for your scheduled flight via the seat map displayed on your mobile screen. Also add the meal request alongside a special service request, if any.
- Click on the ‘Confirm’ button to generate the boarding pass. Click on the download button to save the mobile boarding pass on your smartphone device.
Qatar Airways Check-in Phone Number
If you’re not internet savvy, you can seek assistance from the Qatar flight executive over the phone to complete your flight check-in request. All you need to do is –
- Dial the Qatar Airways customer service number and wait for the flight executive to get connected.
- Ask the agent to complete the check-in request. It is recommended to complete the flight check-in up to 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Provide the Qatar Airways reservation details that allow flight executives to retrieve the booking.
- Provide the seat selection, as well as meal requests to complete the check-in for the Qatar flight.
- Once the request is completed, the Qatar Airways boarding status along with the pass would be sent to your registered email address. You can print it right away or save the link to print it later.
Qatar Airways Boarding pass
You have numerous options to access the Qatar Airways boarding pass after checking in online for your flight with Qatar Airways:
- Print your boarding pass – Once the online check-in procedure is finished, you can print your boarding pass if you have access to a printer.
- Get your boarding pass via email – Qatar Airways, may provide you the choice of getting your boarding card by email. The airline will email you a link to your boarding pass once you’ve finished the online check-in process.
- Receive your boarding pass via mobile app – You can access your boarding pass directly from the Qatar Airways mobile app after completing the online check-in process.
Documents required to complete the Qatar Airways check-in at the airport
To complete the Qatar Airways checkin at the airport, you will need the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Printed or digital copy of your flight itinerary
- Valid identification documents
- Negative PCR test certificate or proof of vaccination.
- Visa and other immigration documents
- Baggage tag
Qatar Airways offers a convenient and efficient check-in process for its passengers. With a variety of check-in options available, including online check-in, mobile check-in, and airport kiosks, travelers can easily check in for their flights in advance or upon arrival at the airport.
Additionally, the airline provides a dedicated check-in area for premium passengers, ensuring a seamless and personalized experience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This may vary depending on the passenger’s airport of departure. The Qatar check-in counter typically opens 3 hours before the scheduled departure and closes 1 hour before. Qatar Airways recommends passengers arrive 3-4 hours before the scheduled departure to avoid peak hours.
Just complete the Qatar Airways check-in via mobile app. Complete the flight check-in and receive the boarding pass on the mobile screen. Once you arrive at the airport, flash the boarding pass at the airport counter and proceed to the security checkpoint to board the flight.
The check-in request is available on the Qatar-operated flights between 48 hours and 90 minutes before scheduled flight departure. Qatar Airways online check in in the USA opens 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
Yes, in order to board the flight passengers need to complete the check in, as per Qatar Airways check-in guidelines. Unable to complete the check-in up to 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure prompts the airline to not allow passengers to board the flight. Add to that, failure to check-in also leads to the forfeiture of the entire booking value of the existing fare.
At the airport, passengers can simply visit the Qatar Airways check-in counter and ask one of the flight executives to cancel the check in. Unless it is not a non-restricted fare, passengers would not be entitled to any refund. Passengers can also cancel the Qatar flight check in by calling at Qatar Airways customer service number.
Once the passenger has checked in online with Qatar Airways, they can either print a boarding pass or send it to their mobile phone or email address.
Yes, passengers can carry a soft copy of the Qatar Airways boarding pass and bag tag, and proceed directly to the security checkpoint if they are not traveling with the checked baggage.
Retrieve the booking – Visit qatarairways.com and enter the booking reference along with the passenger’s surname to access the booking.
Confirm the check-in – Review the flight details and click on the ‘Confirm’ button to check-in. Now email your Qatar Airways boarding pass to your registered email address. You can also send the boarding pass to your registered mobile number.
Select seats – Confirm the details of the passengers on your booking and select the desired seats.
With the Flight Tracker feature available on the Qatar Airways homepage, passengers can track the real-time status of their scheduled departure flight. Add to that, it will display the scheduled and estimated departure and arrival times. The real-time GPS tracking feature of Qatar Airways enables travellers and customers to have the minute-by-minute information of the flights.
The check-in request is available on the Qatar-operated flights between 48 hours and 90 minutes before scheduled flight departure. Qatar Airways online check-in in the USA opens 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
To check in for the flight, visit the Qatar Airways portal 24-hour prior to the scheduled departure. Use the fight confirmation number to check in. Passengers need to select their seats and confirm their seating preferences to complete the check-in. Passengers will receive the Qatar Airways check-in boarding pass that can be printed right away or can be sent to the passenger’s registered email address to print it later.
The airlines’ check in service starts 24 hours prior and closes 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure for international flights and 90 minutes before for domestic flights.
The airlines’ check-in service starts 24 hours prior and closes 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure for international flights and 90 minutes before for domestic flights.
The length of a flight to Qatar will depend on the departure location and the specific airport in Qatar that you are flying into.
It means that Qatar Airways is the airline that is responsible for operating the flight. This includes providing the aircraft, crew, and in-flight services for the flight.
You can request Qatar Airways check in online on the website or mobile app between 48 hours and 90 minutes before your flight departure time.
A flight from New York City to Doha, which is the capital city of Qatar, typically takes around 13-14 hours.
Qatar Airways JFK operates from Terminal 8 at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City.
The online check-in window opens 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
If you have bags to check in or to request any special service, passengers arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure time for international flights.
In this case, you may not be allowed to board the flight.
It’s possible that the passenger in question has a separate booking or reservation, even if they’re traveling with you.