Knowing the precise cancellation guidelines in advance might help you avoid unnecessary expenses and minimize any potential hardship. Let’s explore all the aspects of Frontier cancellation policy, including their guidelines for canceling a reservation, refund eligibility, fees, and options for rebooking.
- What are the Key Highlights of Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy?
- What is Frontier Airlines cancellation policy for reservations booked with miles?
- What is Frontier Airlines cancellation policy regarding death or illness?
- How does Frontier Airlines handle cancellations due to weather?
- What is Frontier Airlines policy regarding delays and cancellations?
- What should you know about Frontier Airlines cancellation policy within 24 hours?
- What happens if a passenger fails to board a Frontier Airlines flight without prior notification or cancellation?
- What is “The Works Bundle” Plan?
- What is Frontier Cancellation Fee?
- How to request flight cancellation with Frontier Airlines?
- How can I gain a clear understanding of Frontier’s flight refund policy?
- How to use a Frontier Airlines flight credit?
What are the Key Highlights of Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy?
Frontier Airlines has specific guidelines in place for requesting flight cancellation. Here are the following requirements for canceling your booking.
- Frontier Airlines 24-hour cancellation – Passengers can cancel the flight and claim a refund at no cost if requested within 24 hours of purchase as long as you book the flight 7 days before scheduled departure.
- Canceling a paid reservation – There would be more cancellation fees when your travel moves closer to your scheduled departure date.
- Free cancellation – There is no cancellation fee if you request flight cancelation 60 days or more prior to departure. There are other conditions where the passenger is eligible for a free refund as per Frontier Airlines cancellation policy
- Your flight is canceled by the airline.
- If the flight schedule is disrupted due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Tickets are refundable if you purchase the WORKS.
- Passengers canceled an award ticket 180 days before the scheduled departure
- In case of extraordinary circumstances, such as the unfortunate event of a passenger or close family member’s death, serious illness, jury duty, and other similar situations
What is Frontier Airlines cancellation policy for reservations booked with miles?
- As per Frontier Airlines cancellation policy, if you request to cancel your flight booked with miles, there would be a 75 USD cancellation fee. In addition –
- The unused miles would be redeposited to your account.
- You must cancel your reservation prior to the scheduled departure time of your flight in order to be eligible for the redeposit of your miles.
What is Frontier Airlines cancellation policy regarding death or illness?
The frontier cancellation policy allows for rescheduling and cancellations in the event of serious illness or the death of a close family member. You would be required –
- Submit a death certificate to support the cancellation request.
- The reservation must be ticketed and operated by Frontier Airlines.
Frontier Airlines may offer flexibility and options for affected passengers in such situations, which may include rescheduling the flight or issuing a refund.
How does Frontier Airlines handle cancellations due to weather?
In the event of severe weather, such as storms or natural disasters, Frontier Airlines may proactively cancel or delay flights to prioritize passenger safety. Here are some general points to consider –
- Passengers affected by weather-related cancellations are offered to reschedule their flights or receive a refund for the affected flight segment.
- In case of requesting Frontier Airlines flight change, no rebooking fee or other additional cost would be charged.
- In such cases, passengers are not entitled to compensation for any possible scheduling, delay or flight disruption.
What is Frontier Airlines policy regarding delays and cancellations?
Frontier Airlines understands that flight delays and cancellations can be inconvenient for passengers, and they strive to provide appropriate support and compensation in such situations. Here’s what you need to know as per Frontier cancelation policy –
- Flight Delay Compensation – If your Frontier Airlines flight experiences a delay of more than 3 hours, you may be eligible for compensation. The specific compensation amount may vary based on various factors, such as the length of the delay and the distance of the flight.
- Right To Care – Frontier Airlines are committed to providing necessary assistance and care to affected passengers. This may include offering meals, refreshments, accommodation (in case of an overnight delay), and transfer between the airport and hotel.
- Refunds for Flight Cancellations – In the event of a flight cancellation, Frontier Airlines generally offers the option to reschedule the flight or receive a refund. The refund is applicable on the affected flight only.
What should you know about Frontier Airlines cancellation policy within 24 hours?
If you cancel Frontier flight within 24-hour window, the airline will provide a full refund of the ticket fare, and no cancellation fee will be levied, as per Frontier flight cancellation policy. Provided –
- The policy is applicable only on standard fares.
- Reservations booked through reward fares are not eligible for a full refund within 24 hours.
- The Frontier 24-hour cancellation period starts from the time of your original booking and ends before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
- The travel date must be booked at least 168 hours ahead of the time of requesting cancellation.
What happens if a passenger fails to board a Frontier Airlines flight without prior notification or cancellation?
There are consequences if the passenger fails to board the flight,
- When a passenger is a no-show, passengers are likely to lose the full value of the ticket, as per Frontier no show policy.
- Passengers must always approach the airline and reschedule the flight to a later date.
What is “The Works Bundle” Plan?
Introduced by Frontier Airlines, the Works bundle plan is a pricing strategy aimed at helping travelers save money and avail flexibility. Such as
- You can simply cancel your flight without paying a cancellation fee.
- When you decide to cancel your flight with Frontier Airlines, the value of your ticket would be converted into a travel credit voucher.
- You can utilize the voucher within 1 year from the date of cancellation.
- In order to initiate a refund, you will be required to complete an online refund request form.
- Pricing – Here are the price details of the WORKS Bundle –
|Flight Type||Price Range (in USD)|
|Direct Flights||49 to 69 each way|
|Connecting Flights||57 to 83 each way|
- Benefits of The Works Bundle Plan Explained – Passengers with The WORKS bundle plan are eligible for the following:
- No deduction in the refund. Passengers will receive a full refund.
- Passengers can use travel points for future bookings.
- They can retain the ticket value for one year.
- The airline never imposes a No-Show fee on them.
- Free Frontier Airlines checked baggage allowance.
- Priority boarding
- Under the Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy, the passenger with The WORKS bundle plan is eligible for all the benefits and services offered by the airline.
What is Frontier Cancellation Fee?
After 24 hours, a cancellation fee may apply, and the amount varies depending on the timing of the cancellation request.
- Cancellation within 24 hours of purchase: No Frontier cancellation fee will be charged.
- Cancellation 60 or more days prior to departure: No cancellation fee will be charged.
- Cancellation between 59 and 7 days prior to departure: A cancellation fee of 49 USD will be applicable.
- Cancellation within 6 days or less prior to departure (including the same day): A cancellation fee of 79 USD will be applicable.
Below is the overview of the fee as per Frontier airline cancellation policy
|Cancellation Timeline||Cancellation Fee (in USD)|
|Less than 24 hours after purchase||Free|
|60+ days prior to departure||Free|
|59 to 7 days prior to departure||49|
|6 days or less prior to departure (including same day)||79|
|Cancelation after scheduled departure||No Refund|
How to request flight cancellation with Frontier Airlines?
Passengers holding tickets with Frontier Airlines have several convenient methods to request a flight cancellation. Whether you prefer online, phone, or in-person assistance, Frontier Airlines ensures flexibility to cater to different needs. Below are the steps for each method:
Online – Visit Frontier Airlines’ official website, and follow these steps –
- Navigate to the “My Trips” section.
- Enter the 6-digit confirmation code and the passenger’s last name to access your booking.
- Look for the option to modify or cancel your flight within your itinerary.
- Select the specific flight you wish to cancel and follow the prompts to complete the cancellation process.
Cancellation through Customer Support – When you navigate to the ‘Contact Us’ page, you can either chat or simply drop an email for the cancellation. To chat, follow this link.
- Follow the automated prompts or wait for a representative to chat.
- Provide your reservation details, including the confirmation number and passenger name.
- Inform the agent that you would like to cancel your flight and follow their instructions to complete the process.
- Take note of any confirmation number or reference provided for future reference.
Airport Cancellation – Arrive at the airport at least 120 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
- Proceed to the Frontier Airlines ticket counter or customer service desk.
- Present your identification and reservation details to the agent.
- Inform the agent that you want to cancel your flight and request assistance.
- Pay the required cancellation fee.
- Follow any additional instructions provided by the agent to complete the cancellation process.
How can I gain a clear understanding of Frontier’s flight refund policy?
- According to the Frontier refund policy, the airline will not refund any amount to the passenger after the departure of the flight.
- The passenger with The WORKS will get a full refund even if they cancel the ticket on the day of departure.
- The refund is reflected in the passenger’s account within one week if he or she uses their credit card for the payment.
- All the passengers will receive a full refund if they are able to cancel the ticket at least 60 days prior to the departure. Even if they bought a non-refundable ticket.
- The passenger canceling the ticket within 13 days before departure needs to pay 119 USD to claim a refund.
- The airline takes 20 to 30 business days to transfer the refund amount. For a refund, passengers must fill out the refund request form available in online and offline portals.
- If the passengers fail to board, the airline will charge 90% of the total ticket fare as the No-Show fee against them.
How to request a refund – If you wish to obtain a refund from Frontier Airlines, it is essential to initiate the refund process after canceling your ticket. You can request a refund through the following methods:
- Phone – Contact Frontier Airlines Reservations at +1-801-401-9000. and speak with their customer service representatives. They will guide you through the refund request process and provide any necessary assistance.
- Online – Access Frontier Airlines’ official website and navigate to the refund request form. Fill out the required details and submit the form online.
Remember, to ensure a smooth refund request, it is important to cancel your ticket before the scheduled departure.
Checking Frontier Airlines Refund Status – To check the status of your refund with Frontier Airlines, you have two options: online or by phone
- Visit FlyFrontier.com, the official website of Frontier Airlines.
- Click on the “My Trips” section.
- Enter your Last Name and Confirmation Code.
- Click the “Search” button to proceed.
On the next page, your refund status will be displayed, providing you with the most up-to-date information regarding the progress of your refund.
How to use a Frontier Airlines flight credit?
If you get the credit from the previously canceled flight you can conveniently apply it towards a new booking by following these steps:
- Visit FlyFrontier.com, the official website of Frontier Airlines.
- Proceed to book your new flight by entering your desired travel details, such as origin, destination, and dates.
- On the payment screen, look for the option labeled “Credit with Frontier” and select it.
- Enter your 6-digit confirmation code associated with your flight credit.
- Continue with the booking process, ensuring that the flight credit is applied to your new reservation.
Before redeeming credit to book Frontier Airlines reservation, here are the important points to consider –
- Flight credits cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The credit remains valid for 1 year from the date of issuance.
- If the credit amount is not sufficient, the remaining balance needs to be paid with a debit/credit card.
- Flight credit cannot be transferred to another passenger whose name is not listed on the reservation.
Understanding and adhering to Frontier cancellation policy is essential for passengers. It’s important to be aware of potential fees for cancellations and no-shows, as well as the limited refund options if a flight is missed.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
When Frontier Airlines cancels the flight, they offer the following benefits to each passenger:
1. The airline will offer a free transport facility from the airport to the hotel if required.
2. Free services like food, drinks, calls, fax, etc.
3. Free Accommodation (the seat must be as per the scheduled booking)
Frontier Airlines offers cancellation through two portals “Online and Offline”. Go through the below steps to answer How To Cancel Frontier Flight question:
Visit the official website of Frontier Airlines.
Fill the User ID with a password and complete the login process.
Visit the manage tab section and enter the reservation code with the passenger’s last name.
Select the trip you wish to cancel and click on the cancel booking tab.
Choose the reason for cancellation and if required pay the cancellation fee by using various cards accepted by the airline.
Go through the consent page and submit the refund form wisely. After submission, the airline will approve your refund request and send you a confirmation mail.
Note: If you booked the ticket with The WORKS bundle plan then you need to fill the online refund request form https://flyfrontier.custhelp.com/app/frontierairlines.
Frontier Airlines offers a cancellation process offline through three mediums:
1. By calling on the Customer service agent (accessible 24 x 7).
2. At the airport counter (availability as per airport permitted).
3. At the Frontier ticketing office (available as the working days).
1. No, if the airline cancels the flight.
2. Yes, if you are canceling the flight.
According to the Frontier cancellation policy, the airline will not charge a cancellation fee if the passenger cancels the ticket 60+ days before the departure.
Yes. You can cancel a Frontier flight within 24 hours of booking:
1. The airline will not charge a cancellation fee if the departure date is more than 7 days away.
2. If the departure date is less than 7 days then 119 USD is charged to you as Frontier Cancellation fee.
1. Yes, if you cancel after the risk-free period.
2. No, if the flight is canceled before 24 hours window lapses.
Passengers will gain a full refund from the airline if the flight gets canceled by Frontier Airlines. The airline will waive off cancellation fee for the flights canceled by them.
For canceling a ticket offline passengers need to follow some simple steps mentioned below:
Call on the customer service number.
Choose the preferred language.
Ask the agent to cancel your ongoing trip.
Offering a reservation code with the passenger’s name completes the cancellation process easily. Ask the travel agent about the refund amount and processing period.
After completing the cancellation process the airline will send you a confirmation mail on the registered email and mobile number.
For canceling tickets offline, passengers need to pay service fees extra.
Yes, Frontier Airlines may charge a fee. The fee would be on a higher side if you cancel close to the scheduled departure time. For instance, you need to pay 79 USD if you cancel within 6 days of travel. The fee would be 49 USD if you cancel between 59 and 7 days before departure.
Yes. Frontier charges the full value of the ticket amount as a no-show fee.
If you miss your Frontier flight, you are not eligible for a refund.
Yes. If your Frontier flight is canceled, the airline may offer you rebooking on the next available flight or provide a refund.
If Frontier Airlines cancels your flight, you may be eligible for a refund
Yes, Frontier Airlines may provide refunds within 24 hours provided that the scheduled departure must be at least 1 week away.
To check your Frontier refund status, you can contact their customer service or check the status online through their website.
The refund process for a Frontier flight ticket generally takes around 15-20 business days
I got late
We booked a flight for January 2022 and we wanted to cancel the reservation due to the uncertainty due to the Pandemic. We wanted to cancel under the Frontier cancellation policy that asses no cancellation fee or being issued a voucher, we just wanted a refund. No such kind of information was available on the website regarding any refund as per Frontier Airlines refund policy. We spoke to the rep, and she went the extra mile for us, canceled our flights, and offered us a full refund. She actually took the exemption for us, as none of the airlines in the US has offered us close to being generous as what Frontier Airlines has offered us. Kudos to that girl, and I forget her name but I rated five stars for her impeccable customer service.
Tried to cancel a flight, told there was a fee, so I told rep. I paid for cancelation insurance, tried to ask rep. for help because I didn’t know what to do and was hung up on. Great customer service
I have flown with Frontier Airlines for more than 25 years and I must say that it rates as one of the best airlines in the world. Not to say that I have never had any “complications” with this company, but it is still the best overall!