Worried about the last-minute cancellations in your travel plans? With the Korean Air change flight policy, you can be as flexible as you want, with affordable Korean Air change fees, simplistic change rules, and hassle-free procedure, you can get your flight changed without much ado. Let’s all the important considerations and highlights from the Korean Air change policy –
Korean Air Ticket Change Policy
Here’s the overview of the Korean Air change flight policy –
- As per the Korean Air ticket change policy, passengers are allowed to make a change request to the flight date, time, class of service, and the travel destination.
- Korean Air name change on the ticket rule says passengers are allowed to make name corrections on the ticket. Korean Air reservation does not allow tickets to be transferred to a whole new passenger. In such a case, the passenger needs to book a new ticket.
- Korean Air change cost includes a change fee as well as fare difference, if applicable.
- Korean Air change policy would be applicable on all ticket types, award tickets, class of service, published as well as consolidated fares.
- Korean Air ticket change would only be valid on the Korean Air operated flights. The airline only supports change requests for the booking made via the Korean Air reservation portal or the Korean Air customer desk at +1-855-284-6735.
- As per the Korean Air schedule change policy, no change fee or fare difference would be applicable if a passenger has been informed of the scheduled flight within 14 days of scheduled departure.
- If the itinerary involves the code-share or interline agreement flight, the Korean Air change fee would be applicable in addition to the other airline’s fee and charges.
Korean Air Ticket Change Policy within 24 Hours
Here’s how you avail of Korean Air flight change within 24 hours of booking –
- Korean Air change date fee would not be applicable if the flight booked within 24 hours of purchase. At the time of requesting changes, only fare difference applies.
- Korean Air change flight policy within 24 hours covers all published, consolidated, restricted as well as non-restricted fares.
- In case if the Korean Air reservation was booked by any third-party travel agency, online or offline, passengers would be charged a service fee of 35 USD only to make changes; no Korean Air change fee would be applicable within 24 hours of booking.
- The airline allows passengers to correct or change the name within 24 hours of purchase.
- As per Korean Air flight change policy, Korean Air’s reward and mileage tickets are not covered under the 24-hour rule.
Korean Air Change Fee
Here the complete overview of the Korean Air flight change fee as per each class of service selected –
|Class of Service/Fare Type||Saver Fare||Standard Fare||Flex Fare|
|Economy Class||150 USD||150 USD||Free|
|Prestige Class||Korean Air does not offer to save fare for Prestige Class||150 USD||Free|
|First Class||Korean Air First Class charges no change fee||Korean Air First Class charges no change fee||Korean Air First Class charges no change fee|
To offer better flexibility to travelers, the airline is waiving the Korean Air flight change fee for tickets booked between and October 31, 2021. If you request a change after purchasing a flight ticket, you would be exempted from the Korean Air change ticket fee. Passengers would still be paying the fare difference, if applicable.
Korean Air Change Seat Policy
Passengers flying with Korean Air can request their seating selection for free at the time of booking or while checking in online. In addition, selecting a regular seat beforehand would be done at no extra cost. Here are the important points to note before making a Korean Air change seat request –
- Korean Air offers free seat selection at the time of booking, except for the Super Saver fare where seat selection is not permitted.
- If the passenger needs to change a seat after check-in, it may incur a Korean Air seat change fee of 48 USD per passenger each way.
- Extra legroom seats, exit-row seats, and front-row seats may incur a Korean Air change fee.
- As per Korean Air change flight policy, after making the necessary changes to your flight itinerary, passengers need to place a fresh request for the seat selection.
How to Change Flight with Korean Air?
You can simply alter the travel dates, origin/destination, travel date, and flight time without any type of Korean Air reservation, regardless of the fare type and the class of service selected, provided that it must be a Korean Air-operated flight. You can change or alter your Korean Air reservation via two following ways –
Korean Air Flight Change Online
Here’s the step-by-step process that helps you make changes to your Korean Air booking online –
- Visit Korean Air.com and navigate to the ‘Manage Booking’ tab
- Enter the six-digit booking reference or 13-digit e-ticket number along with the last anime of the passenger. Hit the ‘continue’ to proceed to retrieve your Korean Air booking.
- On the booking confirmation page, click on the ‘Change flight’ tab, and select the new travel date, time, or destination, as per your travel need.
- Select from the list of new flights available, and click on the ‘Confirm my selection’ tab to proceed.
- Review the new flight itinerary here, and proceed to the payment section at the checkout page.
- For the Korean Air flight change process, you may need to pay the Korean Air ticket change fee and/or applicable fare difference.
- You can pay with a debit/credit card. Once the payment is successful, you will receive a new confirmation email at your registered email address.
Korean Air Flight Change Over the Phone
You can request a Korean Air flight change over the phone by seeking assistance with one of our customer executives via Korean Air flight change support desk at +1-855-284-6735. No extra fees will be incurred over the phone other than the Korean Air change flight fee and fare difference, if applicable. No Korean Air change date fee would be charged if booked First Class fare, Economy and Prestige Class’ flex fare. To request a Korean Air flight change for your reservation over the phone –
- Keep your six-digit booking or 13-digit e-ticket number handy while we help you get connected with one of our customer support executives.
- Request a flight change by giving new travel dates, flight times, or destinations.
- Keep a check on the fare rules, Korean Air change fee, and the fare difference, if applicable to your flight booking.
- You can pay Korean Air flight change charges via debit/credit card over the phone.
- Once the changes are confirmed, you will receive a new confirmation email along with the new flight itinerary at your registered email address.
Korean Air Flight Change Helpline
Reach out to us for the change as well as cancellation-related assistance on our Korean Air flight change helpline at +1-855-284-6735. As changes and cancellations to your booking would be committed in adherence to the Korean Air change flight policy, and no extra or additional service fee would be incurred other than the Korean Air change fee and fare difference if any. For all the assistance related to the Korean Air schedule change, reach out to us to rebook your flight within seven days from the day of original departure, if you’re not satisfied with the involuntary changes on your flight.
Korean Air Flight Change Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As per Korean Air change flight policy, one-way, round-trip, and the multi-destination ticket that is purchased or booked online can be changed online at Korean Air.com, regardless of the travel route, destination, and class of service.
Itineraries with Code-share agreements flights or itineraries where passengers have to upgrade the class of service cannot be altered online, and can only be requested via Korean Air change customer service number at +1-855-284-6735.
Yes, you may. All you need to do is select the passenger whose booking you need to alter, and a new booking PNR would be generated for the changed flight schedule. As per Korean Air change flight policy, the booking reference and the flight itinerary for the unselected passengers will remain unchanged.
As per the Korean Air change flight policy, all unpaid bookings do not allow changes. Hence a passenger needs to cancel the reservation in order to select the new travel dates.
You can pay with a different card from the originally used to book a flight for all the additional charges incurred at the time of requesting a Korean Air flight change. For refunds, the corresponding amount would be redirected to the original form of payment.