Latam Airlines offers various upgrade options to passengers, Whether you’re interested in securing an instant upgrade, bidding for a premium cabin, or exploring the exclusive upgrade with segments, the Latam upgrade service has got you covered to make your journey more comfortable, and tailored to your needs.
What are the key points to consider for Latam Upgrade?
To be eligible for the Latam Airlines upgrade to business class
- Economy Class – Passengers must have fully paid for their Economy Class ticket to be eligible for upgrades.
- Restrictions – Passengers traveling on discounted fares, traveling with children under 2 years of age, Latam Airlines pet travel program, or special cabin baggage like musical instruments are not permitted to access Latam cabin upgrades.
- No refund – Latam cabin upgrades are non-redeemable and non-refundable.
- Flight cancellation or delay – In the case of Latam Airlines flight cancellations or delays that are under the control of the airlines, passengers can request a refund for the total amount paid.
- Additional information – The Latam Business class upgrades are exclusively available for Latam Premium Economy or Premium Business cabin.
- Perks and amenities – Regardless of the method you choose, you’ll gain access to a range of benefits, including VIP lounge access, an increased cabin baggage allowance, and priority boarding.
What are the eligibility criteria for Latam upgrade?
Passengers cannot request Latam Cabin upgrade under the following conditions –
- Passengers whose reservation is not confirmed and ticketed yet.
- Passengers paid for the Basic fare.
- Passengers opted for the Latam Airlines pet travel service.
- Passengers traveling with service dogs or emotional support animals
- Passengers traveling with special baggage such as sports or musical instruments.
What are the methods to get Latam seat upgrade?
You can get a seat upgrade on Latam Airlines using various methods, these are –
- Latam Airlines bid for upgrade
- Instant upgrade
- Upgrade with segments
What is the Latam bid upgrade?
You can initiate the bidding for an upgrade from the moment you purchase your Economy Class ticket until 12 hours before your flight departure.
- Notification – You’ll receive an email notification regarding the status of your upgrade bid between 12 and 2 hours prior to your flight.
- Group travel – if you’re traveling with multiple passengers under the same booking reference, the Latam Airlines bid for an upgrade would be applicable to all.
- Payments – Payment for bids can be made in USD or Euros, with additional charges applied for international reservations.
- Offer acceptance – The acceptance or rejection of the Latam upgrade bid option will be at the sole discretion of the airlines.
Latam upgrade bidding process
If you prefer the Latam Airlines bid for upgrade, here’s a step-by-step guide to make it happen –
- Log into your My Trips account.]
- Click on Manage your trips.
- Search your trip by entering the order number or the reservation code alongside the last name of the passenger.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button to proceed.
- Look for the option that says “Bid for Cabin Upgrade.” Click on it to initiate the bidding process.
- Decide how much you’re willing to pay for the chance to upgrade to business class.
- After submitting your bid, you’ll receive an email from the airline confirming that your bid is accepted.
- The airline will only charge your card when the Latam Business class upgrade bid is accepted.
Please Note – If you need to cancel or change your bid, you can do so up to 12 hours before scheduled departure.
How to get an instant Latam upgrade?
You can buy Latam Airlines instant upgrade starting 14 days before your flight up to 48 hours before departure.
- Confirmation – Your upgrade will be confirmed as soon as the passengers make the purchase.
- Group travel – Latam Airlines instant upgrades would be applicable to all passengers under the same booking reference.
- Payment – For Latamcabin upgrade under instant upgrade, the airline will only accept credit cards.
Step to get instant upgrade
Passengers have the flexibility to purchase an instant upgrade from 45 days up to just 12 hours before the flight. Follow these steps –
- Go to the Latam Airline’s website and navigate to “My Trips”.
- Under the manage your trip tab, enter the booking reference and the last name in the required field.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button to continue. This will retrieve your reservation.
- Look for the option that reads “Bid for Cabin Upgrade.”
- Under the “Bid for Cabin Upgrade” section, you’ll find the Instant Upgrade option.
- Select the flight that you wish to upgrade.
- Pay the required Latamupgrade fee alongside any applicable fare difference.
- Once you purchase the instant upgrade, cancellations and refund requests are not possible.
What are Latam seat upgrade coupons?
Latam upgrade coupons (now called courtesy segments) allow passengers to utilize the segments they earn based on their membership status.
Steps for seat upgrade with coupons
In order to apply for Latam Business class upgrade through coupons, you can request the bid up to 48 hours before departure.
- Find out if the seats are available in the first class.
- Check your place on the upgrade list on the application page.
- You can gain insights into the category, date, and time for fellow travelers who have applied for a similar upgrade with Latam Airlines.
Traveling with infants – You can request a Courtesy Segment upgrade for the infants traveling on the lap within the upgraded cabin. You can request the upgrade through the airline’s customer service.
Criteria – Passengers must hold an Elite category Latam Pass membership or possess a WorldMember or WorldMember Limited Santander Latam Pass credit card.
Fare type – For flights outside of South America, upgrade requests are accepted with Plus and Top fares. On regional flights within South America and domestic flights, you can make a request with Light, Plus, and Top fares.
Eligibility upgrade with coupons
The following passengers are not eligible for courtesy segment upgrade –
- Passengers traveling with pets (PET)
- Tickets obtained through concessions
- Courtesy flight tickets
- Discounted fare tickets
- Companion tickets
- Charter flight tickets
- Tickets with a discount for travel agents or airline industry employees
- Tickets purchased for articles that occupy a seat
- Tickets with unpublished fares
Courtesy segments needed for Latam seat upgrade
Based on the tier status you must have the following segments –
|Membership Level||Upgrade Coupons|
|Gold Plus||4 coupons|
|Black and Black Signature||Unlimited|
To upgrade with Latam, the required courtesy segments vary with the domestic and international travel –
With South America
|Membership Level||Within South America|
|Gold Plus||6 Segments|
|Black and Black Signature||Unlimited|
|Membership Level||Outside South America|
|Black Signature||10 Segments|
With options catering to various needs and preferences, LATAM Airlines ensures that you not only reach your destination but arrive in comfort. So, the next time you plan your journey, consider the possibilities of a Latam Business class upgrade and elevate your travel experience to a new level.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Yes, Latam Airlines offers passengers the opportunity for upgrades. You can choose from different upgrade options, including bidding for an upgrade or purchasing an instant upgrade.
Log into your My Trips account on the Latam Airlines website. From there, you can select the appropriate upgrade option, and make your bid or purchase.
Free upgrades are not available. To increase your chances of receiving complimentary upgrades, consider joining Latam’s frequent flyer program and accumulating miles to achieve elite status.
To get an accurate cost for a seat upgrade, call the airline’s customer service at 00 56 2 2687 2400. The bidding for an upgrade and instant upgrades may have different pricing structures.
Latam Airlines primarily offers upgrades to Business Class rather than First Class.