There are numerous classes available on EVA Airways including Business, First, Premium, and Economy. There are more benefits and luxuries accessible the higher the class. The convenience of treating them to the comfort and style of business class is available to passengers. Seats in business class can be upgraded from economy or premium economy. Additionally, there are numerous ways to request the upgrade for your flight reservation. This blog will provide you all the information you require to seek an Eva Air upgrade.
Ways To get An Upgrade with Eva Air
There are numerous ways for passengers to upgrade flight to the Premium Cabins:
Buy an upgrade
Passengers can purchase business class tickets and pay the cost and any applicable fare difference. They are, however, subject to availability. Passengers can choose to upgrade to business class in both economy and premium economy.
Upgrade on Eva Air with miles
Passengers can upgrade their class of service with Infinity MileageLands reward. EVA Air’s frequent flier programme is one of many that may be utilized to book Star Alliance flights. The Star Alliance affiliates of EVA Air are listed below:
|Adria Airways||Aegean Airlines||Air Canada||Air China|
|Air India||Air New Zealand||ANA||Asiana Airlines|
|Austrian||Avianca||Brussels Airlines||Copa Airlines|
|Croatia Airlines||Egypt Air||Ethiopian Airlines||Lufthansa|
|Polish Airlines||Scandinavian Airlines||Shenzhen Airlines||Singapore Airlines|
|South African Airways||Swiss Air Lines||TAP Portugal||Thai Airways|
|Turkish Airlines||United Airlines|
In general, you can book awards on all of these flights, albeit award availability is dependent on the inventory offered to EVA Air.
Cash & Miles
You may redeem points for business class tickets with Eva Air special awards for as little as 10,000 miles one way. In addition –
- It’s usually worthwhile to look through those as you can use cash as well as miles to request Eva Air upgrade to Premium Economy or Business Class. You may end up saving miles!
- The best airline for moving from economy to business class is Eva Air. Almost all booking classes in economy or premium economy are eligible for an upgrade. The only drawback is that you pay more miles for cheaper tickets.
- While a cheap ticket will cost around 45,000 one way, an upgraded full price Eva Air economy ticket between the USA and Europe may be purchased for just 15,000 points and 300 USD as Eva Air upgrade cost.
Eva Air Upgrade With Miles
Eligibility – When you request Business Class upgrade, the following class of services are eligible.
|Cabin||Class of Service|
|Premium Economy-Standard fare tickets||L, T|
|Premium Economy-Up fare tickets||K|
|Economy- Standard fare tickets||M, H, Q|
|Economy- Up fare tickets||Y, B|
Terms and conditions – When you request Eva Air seat upgrade, the following conditions will apply:
- Eva upgrade awards are available on international flights.
- Code-share flights and charter flights are not eligible for upgrade.
- An upgrade award to Royal Laurel/Premium Laurel/Business is available to holders of Y, B, M, H, and Q (Economy) tickets.
- Infant tickets must pay the upgrade cost and the fare difference in addition to their regular ticket price.
- It is no longer possible to request an upgrade award when checking in at the airport.
How many miles are needed to request the upgrade?
Below is the redemption of the Eva Air upgrade chart which redeems miles based on the origin and destination regions.
Economy Class Upgrade to Premium Fare Class
|Travel Route||Class: Q/H/M||Class: B/Y|
|Within Taiwan & Mainland China||8,000Miles||6,000Miles|
|Within Taiwan & Southeast Asia||10,000Miles||7,500Miles|
|Within Asia & Europe/America (Excludes Chicago, New York, Houston, Toronto)||25,000Miles||18,500Miles|
|Within Taiwan & Chicago, New York, Houston, Toronto||30,000Miles||22,500Miles|
Premium Economy Class Upgrade to Royal Laurel
|Travel Route||Class: L/T||Class: K|
|Within Taiwan & Mainland China||10,000Miles||8,000Miles|
|Within Taiwan & Southeast Asia||15,000Miles||13,500Miles|
|Within Asia & Europe/America (Excludes Chicago, New York, Houston, Toronto)||35,000Miles||31,500Miles|
|Within Taiwan & Chicago, New York, Houston, Toronto||40,000Miles||36,000Miles|
Economy class Upgrade to Royal Laurel
|Route||Class: Q/H/M||Class: B/Y|
|Within Taiwan & Mainland China||18,000Miles||14,000Miles|
|Within Taiwan & Southeast Asia||25,000Miles||21,000Miles|
|Within Asia & Europe/America (Excludes Chicago, New York, Houston, Toronto)||60,000 Miles||50,000Miles|
|Within Taiwan & Chicago, New York, Houston, Toronto||70,000Miles||58,500Miles|
How to upgrade on Eva Air with miles?
You may follow these steps to apply for upgrade –
- Visit a reservation office for EVA Air to make your arrangements.
- Select whether to use your personal miles, miles that have been transferred to you, or an electronic Eva Air upgrade certificate.
- Once you reserve a confirmed seat, the system will immediately withdraw miles or an electronic upgrade certificate earned under the same account number.
Eva Air Star Alliance Upgrade
Passengers are able to use the miles earned for Eva Air upgrade awards on many Star Alliance member airlines. One-cabin upgrades are possible with Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, which are good for one nonstop flight. Based on your origin and destination as well as your cabin of service, the mileage requirement for your Star Alliance Upgrade Award is calculated.
The upgrades are not always available and are not always guaranteed. Even if all the conditions listed below are satisfied, the availability of the Star Alliance Upgrade Award depends on each carrier’s upgrade capacity.
Terms and conditions – When requesting an EVA air seat upgrade, the following conditions will apply –
- Tickets issued under the infant, group, industry, agency, or award programmes cannot be used to redeem upgrade awards.
- The required mileage is the same for adults and children.
- Upgrade rewards are only available at the next higher class.
- The Suites Class on Singapore Airlines is not eligible for upgrade rewards.
- Please reserve your award for an upgrade at least 24 hours before departure.
- You need to have a reservation on a Star Alliance-affiliated operating carrier airline.
- Code-share flights are not eligible for flight upgrade awards.
How can you request an Eva Air Star Alliance upgrade?
Follow these steps to steps to upgrade seat –
- Enter your membership number and password to log in.
- Check the box next to either “You have companions in the same record” or “You have no companions”
- Enter your password and companion membership number to log in.
- Please fill out the “Carrier,” “Flight Number,” “Original Cabin,” “date,” and “Departure/Arrival Airport Code” fields with your flight information.
- To confirm your upgrade award, please select whether to use your own miles or the miles transferred to you in your account.
- Once your reservation is verified, the system will automatically take miles from your account. The entire miles needed for the upgrade must be valid until the day of departure.
Below is the Eva Air Redemption chart for Star Alliance members.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Eva Air Seat Upgrade
Currently, a business class travel between the United States and North Asia, which includes Taiwan, costs 75,000 Miles one-way. Stopovers are not permitted, and it will cost you 78,000 LifeMiles to fly to places like Thailand or India.
Passengers can upgrade Eva Air to Business Class online via the Manage Booking section. Alternatively, passengers can also upgrade flights through Airline’s contact center.
You can simply upgrade your seat on an EVA Air flight to business class online by going to the airline’s official website. You must select the “Manage Travel” button to do this.
You must select the “Upgrade my Seat” option from the bottom of the seat displayed when the reservation details are presented in front of you. You will get the last flight seat on the plane if you choose business class.
Eva Air offers a premium economy to business class upgrade. Additionally, users of the manage booking option can access the seat upgrade option to manage their flight bookings.