There can be a situation where you may need to cancel or change your flight reservation with the airlines due to some unavoidable circumstances. For this kind of situation, Lufthansa Airlines is always ready to help and assist. The flight change policy facilitates the process of flight change and it describes all the important points which a passenger should keep in mind for changing flights.
Lufthansa Change Flight:
Need guidance regarding Lufthansa change flight? No worries, you get two options for making changes and amendments in your flight booking with Lufthansa Airlines. The first option is through online mode which means raising a request for changes and amendments on the official website or mobile app of the Lufthansa airlines. The second option is the offline mode of changes and amendments request.
How to change a Flight on Lufthansa?
As discussed above, Lufthansa Airlines provides its passengers with two options for changing flights with them. Read below and you will get all the answers for the question of “how to change a flight on Lufthansa?”. Both online and offline methods have been described below with all the steps for making changes and amendments in the flight reservation. Passenger can choose any method(online or offline) for the process of flight changes and amendments depending on his/her convenience and preference. You can find below the complete details regarding all aspects of the Lufthansa flight change policy.
Lufthansa change flight online:
This method is the easiest and convenient way of changing flights and reservations with Lufthansa Airlines. Passengers can amend and change their booking online while sitting at their homes, just a few clicks and the process is done. A passenger can book new tickets as well as manage his/her bookings with Lufthansa Airlines through the online method.
- Visit the official website of the airlines (https://www.lufthansa.com/) and find the triple lined icon placed beside the “Menu” option.
- Find and click on the “book and manage” option.
- Now click on the “view & amend flight details” button.
- After clicking on “view & amend flight details”, log in to your account with Lufthansa Airlines through your credentials, Miles or the booking code.
- For the option of booking code, You are required to enter the last name of the ticketed passenger as well and after that, click on the “submit” button.
- For the option of login through credentials, enter the registered email id and password of the same and click on the button of “Login”.
- After entering the id & password and logging in, make all the changes and amendments in your flight reservation which you want to.
- Choose your new flight for the reservation and pay the charges and difference in fares of the flights(if any).
- In the end, make sure to receive the confirmation for the new flight reservation through the mail or phone.
Lufthansa change flight offline:
Passengers can always choose the oldest traditional way of booking flights with an airlines company, Lufthansa airline also provides the facility of offline ticket booking through its booking centre/kiosk located at the nearest airport. A passenger can also book tickets by calling on the Lufthansa flight change phone number +1-855-284-6735. The dedicated representatives and staff members of the Lufthansa airlines will help and assist you at the airport as well as on the call for your flight change process or any other booking related query. The offline method for changing flights may be more convenient and preferable for some passengers.
Lufthansa Same Day Flight Change:
Passengers can enjoy and take benefit from the Lufthansa same day flight change service, they can make changes and amendments in their flight reservation on the original date of flight and these changes should be done before one hour of the originally scheduled flight. A smart passenger will always use this same day flight change service of Lufthansa airlines if he needs to make any changes in his/her flight reservation.
The new flight chosen by the passenger must fly on the same route and between the same airports as per the original flight booking.
Once a passenger completes the check-in process through any of the available modes(online or offline), he/she cannot choose for an earlier flight change service.
The Lufthansa airline’s same-day flight change service is not available with any of the long-haul/route flights and every passenger has to pay the applicable change fee charges and the difference amount in the fares of flights(if any) according to the terms and conditions of the Lufthansa airlines.
Lufthansa Flight Change Fee:
All of the flight bookings with Lufthansa airlines can be changed as long as the passenger’s purchased fare/ticket conditions allow. With Lufthansa, passengers can make changes up to one hour prior to the departure of the originally scheduled flight.
Lufthansa airline allows the route change sometimes, depending on the fare/ticket conditions. But when you change your flight route, there may be a difference in the fares of old and new tickets. This difference amount and any other change fee(if applicable) is charged with the new ticket price. The change fee and charges depend on your purchased fare/ticket type.
Below-mentioned is the Lufthansa airlines change fee structure depending on the different changes and conditions.
- Lufthansa change flight date cost:
- €50 EUR/70 CHF/$60 USD
- *€150/220 CHF for changing to a Same-Day Award fare type.
- Destination change cost – not allowed.
- Cancellation/Refund of Miles/Re-deposit cost:
- €50 EUR/70 CHF/$60 USD
- “Amount may vary or be waived for certain awards fare”
- Passengers cannot cancel or rebook the reduced flight awards.
- Close-in booking cost: Free