Air France allows passengers to check-in 48 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure. Passengers may simply select a seat, order the current dietary options available with Air France, as well as can take the advantage of the last-minute Air France upgrade at check in. Add to that, all the passengers still need to go through Air France check-in at the airport, so that the airline can verify the travel documents and issue a boarding pass.
Here’s the passenger’s journey through the Air France international check in –
Passengers need to arrive at the airport wearing a mask and fulfill all other PPE required at their destination airport.
To reduce human contact and execute safety measures, the hand luggage with Air France is limited to a laptop, hand luggage, a small briefcase, and other essential infant items. All the other items require luggage check in at the airport. Passengers need to apply extra time for their airport journey.
- 3 hours – As passengers will get to the airport no later than 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure
- 60 minutes – Passengers can go through the screening no later than 60 minutes before the scheduled departure
- 45 minutes – Air France boarding process starts 45 minutes before the scheduled departure, and the gate closes 20 minutes before the scheduled departure
Air France Check-In Arrival Process
Follow the Air France express check in time guideline below to understand the check in process –
Air France Check-in at the airport arrival time – It is strongly recommended that passengers arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure in order to drop off their baggage and go through the security checkpoints without any hassles. Additionally, passengers will find the recommended arrival time, as calculated specifically for their flight, on their boarding pass.
Air France Check-In Time
The deadline for the flight check in depends upon the passenger’s final destination or stopover. To find out the Air France airlines check in deadline for your flight, here are the following point of departure –
- Check in Air France Paris – 40 minutes before scheduled departure for flights from Europe to Paris – Charles De Gaulle
- Check- n Air France Paris – 40 minutes before scheduled departure for flights from Europe to Paris Orly Airport
- Check in flight Air France Europe to French regional cities – 30 minutes before scheduled departure
- Air France Check-in within Europe – 40 minutes before scheduled departure
- Air France UK Check In Heathrow – 30 minutes before scheduled departure if traveling without any checked luggage
- Air France Brussels Midi Check in – 30 minutes before scheduled departure if traveling without any checked luggage
- Air France check-in Mexico – 90 minutes before scheduled departure
- Air France flight check in Dublin airport – 2 hours before scheduled departure
- Air France airlines check in Zürich – 40 minutes before scheduled departure
- Air France Israel check in – 40 minutes before scheduled departure for flights from anywhere in Europe
- Check in flight Air France Canada – 180 minutes before scheduled departure if traveling with any checked luggage
- Check in flight Air France Dubai – 2 hours before the scheduled departure
- Check-in flight Air France Argentina – 2 hours before the scheduled departure
- Check in flight Air France Geneva airport – 60 minutes before the scheduled departure
- Air France US Check in – 2 hours before scheduled departure
- Air France Canada check in – 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure for flights within Canada
Air France Boarding Pass Check-In Deadline
Keeping the boarding deadline in mind, it is that particular moment from where it is no longer possible to enter the aircraft –
- 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time between Paris Orly and metropolitan French destination
- 20 minutes before the departure time, for all other destinations outside France
Air France Flight Check-In Options
Starting from 30 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure, passengers save time with Air France web check in; request check in seat selection, and get issued Air France online boarding pass. It is essential for boarding the aircraft.
Please note for all Air France flight check in requests, the check in request would be available 24 hours before scheduled flight departure for all the Delta flights departing from the United States. The same applies to the Air France flights departing from its primary hubs of Atlanta International airport (ATL) and Detroit International Airport (DTW)
Here are the following options that allow passengers to check in for their Air France operated flights –
- Online Check-in (Web check in or mobile app check in)
- Airport check-in (Kiosk or counter check in)
- Air France Check-in over the phone
Online Check-in (Web Check-in or Mobile App Check-in)
Passengers can check in via the Air France portal or through the Air France mobile app. Let’s understand the step-by-step methods that allow passengers to complete the Air France online check in –
Air France App Check-in
Experience Air France on the go! As passengers can complete Air France mobile check in requests through the mobile app
Air France app check in via mobile is available 48 hours prior and closes 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure time for domestic flights
Air France app check in via mobile is available 48 hours prior and closes 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for international flights
Check in Air France app is restricted for –
- Unaccompanied minors and infants as passengers flying with Air France
- If passengers have any special service request such as a wheelchair, extra legroom seats
- For passengers with visual and hearing impairment
- For Air France staff travel, upgraded flight vouchers, and agent discounted or consolidated fare tickets
- International credit/debit card where the payee’s verification is required at the airport
- For a group of more than 9 passengers on the same booking
Check-in Air France app for domestic and international travel –
- Passengers are not allowed to cancel any pre-existing seat booking through Air France mobile check in
- If passengers are carrying check in baggage, it is recommended to report at the Air France Baggage Drop counter at least 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Passengers need to present a photo ID while checking their luggage for validation
- Passengers need to present at the boarding gate with a valid ID at least 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
- All the extra legroom and emergency exit seats are not covered under Air France.
- It is essential to present a physical boarding pass for security clearance as well as boarding. Passengers can collect a physical Air France boarding pass by providing a valid photo ID at least 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
– Follow these steps to complete the mobile Air France app check in request –
- Download the check in Air France app from the Google PlayStore
- Login using the Air France rapid rewards number or six-digit booking reference as a guest.
- Tap the check in button to proceed. Select the passenger(s) to complete the Air France flight check in request
- Complete the seat selection request. Add to that, passengers need to compete to declare their health status online by submitting the Covid vaccine certificate online
- Passengers have the option to print the Air France online boarding pass right away or they can save the digital boarding pass on their android/iOS device.
Air France Web Check-in
Passengers can complete the check in online via the Air France desktop portal, as they need to follow these simple steps to complete the check in –
- Visit www.airfrance.com, and click on the Check In tab to proceed
- Enter the six-digit booking reference along with the last name of the passenger to initiate Air France internet web check in request
- Select the passengers that need to be checked in. Air France may ask you to enter Secure Flight Passenger Details (SFPD) if required by the destination point.
- Passengers need to complete the online check in seat selection, as they will be issued an e-boarding pass for each passenger
- Passengers have the option to print the Air France online boarding pass right away or they can send and save the boarding pass for their upcoming trip.
Airport check-in (Kiosk or Counter Check-in)
Air France Check-In at the airport kiosk: Passengers can check in at the airport on the day of scheduled departure until the deadline occurs as per prescribed in the flight booking details.
At the airport, passengers can check in and print the boarding pass at Air France hop check in kiosks. All they need to do is enter the booking reference, choose the seats, and issue the Air France hop check in boarding pass.
With the Air France KLM check in kiosks, passengers can also change or cancel the flights, and can also purchase Air France travel essentials. Here’s how you can check in through the Air France check-in kiosk –
Air France early check in kiosk is the convenient way for passengers to check in using the Air France kiosk located at the airport where Air France has the primary as well as secondary hubs. The check in kiosk will allow passengers to select their seats and issue the airline boarding pass. Air France kiosk check in is available from 24 hours until one hour prior to the scheduled departure.
Air France check-in kiosk is the convenient way for passengers to check in using the Air France kiosk located at the airport where Air France has the primary as well as secondary hubs. The check in kiosk will allow passengers to select their seats and issue the airline boarding pass. Air France kiosk check in is available from 24 hours until one hour prior to the scheduled departure. All you need to do is –
- Enter the Air France reservation reference along with the last name of the passenger
- Now, select the preferred seat for your Air France scheduled flight
- You need to agree with the terms and conditions set up for the dangerous goods and restricted articles
- Collect your Air France boarding pass and head to the security checkpoint to proceed with the boarding formalities.
Flight Check-in Over the Phone
Passengers can simply complete the flight check in request through the Air France customer service phone number. Here’s the step-by-step method to complete the Air France flight check in over the phone
- While you are connected to the Air France flight executive, provide the booking confirmation details along with the name of the passenger who needs to apply for the Air France check-in request.
- As per Air France express check in policy, passengers need to complete the check in for their flight booking up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Provide the seat selection request, as you can also request special services such as Exit Row seats, Extra legroom seats, wheelchair, dietary requests, and much more.
- You can request the Air France boarding pass right away on your registered email. You can print it right away or can save it for the latter purpose.
Air France Boarding Zones
Air France boarding zones help you spend less time waiting to board your flight and more time planning your travel while at the airport before you are scheduled to take off.
Air France boarding procedure improves the entire boarding and travel experience by predefining when the passengers will board the plane, resulting in lesser congestion at the airport, and shortening the waiting time.
Air France improves the entire boarding process by assessing the actual time it will take from entering the airport until the passenger boards the plane. Passengers are placed in the predetermined Air France boarding zones and are only invited when their zone number is called. The Air France boarding process is determined by travel class, status, and product type.
Passengers flying with Platinum and Gold memberships would always continue to take advantage of the Air France early check in. For instance –
- Platinum and Gold frequent flyer members in Business and First Class will retain Air France automatic check in process, as they would be allotted Air France boarding zone number 1.
- Platinum and Gold frequent flyer members in Economy and Premium Economy will retain Air France early check in, as they would be asked to board the plane from boarding zone number 2.
- Air France Silver members will board the plane from boarding zone number 3.
- All other passengers will board the plane from Air France boarding zone number 4 and onwards.