The cancellation policy makes the management of uncertain circumstances a bit easier. There can be some situations in anybody’s life that may make them cancel some plans or events. Maximum airlines provide the cancellation policy to its passengers for such situations. The cancellation policy of Air France provides maximum flexibility to its passengers who wish to cancel their reservations made.
If you are also one of these passengers just go through the Air France cancellation policy to know the procedure as well as the rules and regulations of the airline.
- The travelers who are dropping their reservations with Air France Airlines will receive a settlement amount after the subtraction of the cancellation charge. The outstanding value of the refund will be credited to the account of the particular customer that s/he has used to make the reservations. The passengers who are canceling their tickets beyond the stipulated time frame of 24 hours within the purchase will be charged with a cancellation fee.
- The cancellation fee is not only determined by the type of fare but also the date of travel, the point of departure, the number of tickets and many other factors.
- In case the passenger has some genuine reason behind the cancellation and is able to give some official documents as proof then the airline may drop the cancellation fee.
- The passengers who have made the reservation two days before the departure of the particular flight and have canceled the reservations, the cancellation fee can be anywhere between $45 and $125.
- The passengers must go through the Air France cancellation policy in order to avoid any kind of confusion and misunderstanding in the case of the Air France cancellation process.
- The award ticket passengers cannot apply for a refund as the ticket is declared as a nonrefundable reservation.
- The airline itself advises its passengers to go for refundable tickets while making the reservations to avoid the wastage of money and disappointments.
Air France 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
The passengers who are willing to cancel their tickets within the first 24 hours of the reservations made with Air France Airlines will not have to pay any cancellation charge as per the Air France 24 hour cancellation policy.
It is important to note that the passengers who will attempt to cancel their reservations on the same day but before midnight their accounts will not be debited with the amount.
On the other hand, the passengers who are canceling the reservations within 24 hours of the purchase along with the condition of after midnight they will get the amount of refund credited without the deduction of the cancellation charges.
How to cancel Air France tickets online?
The passengers who do not know how to cancel Air France ticket online then they can follow the steps mentioned below:
- It is important to have access to an active internet connection in order to begin the Air France cancellation procedure.
- In the search box type the official Air France website and hit the enter button.
- Now go to the homepage of the Air France airlines and then login into the account that you must have created with Air France.
- Make a selection on the tab that says “Booking” or “My Bookings” or “My Trip”.
- Once you make a selection on the option of my trips a list of reservations will be reflected on the screen and you will have to make a selection on the trip that you wish to cancel.
- After selecting the trip for cancellation a pop-up message will arrive on the screen where you will have to confirm whether you are sure if you wish to cancel the selected trip.
- Make sure to select on the option of “Yes” if you wish to cancel the trip you have selected.
- On hitting the confirmation button, the selected trip will be canceled officially.
- A message will be sent by the airline to the registered number regarding the cancellation initiated
- Fill up the refund claim form and then the refund will be credited to the same account through which the reservation was made.
- The refund will be credited after 10 business days after the deduction of the cancellation fee (if any).
- To know more visit the official website of Air France Airlines.
While making a reservation with Air France Airlines please ensure that the ticket issued begins with a ticket number starting with the digits 057. The passengers who are making online reservations will be able to see the reservation number on the E-ticket.
What to do if Air France canceled my flight?
If the flight of Air France gets canceled by the airline then the passengers of that flight will get a monetary refund. The compensation amount can be up to $540 as per the Air France cancellation policy.
In case you are flying from Europe and your flight got canceled by Air France Airlines then you can claim for the refund till the first six years after the date of the particular flight. This condition is only applicable to the Air France flights that depart from Europe.
Air France cancellation refund conditions:
There are some rules and regulations for claiming a refund from Air France Airlines.
- The route of the flight: The flights that are managed by any European Airlines and are also destined or originated from Europe allow the passengers to claim for the refund till the time the flight takes off.
- Conditions: The rules of Air France and all the European guidelines declare that the refund applications can only be applied if the delay or cancellation of the flight is not because of any extraordinary reason.
- The stipulated time frame for applying the claim: The time frame of claiming for the refund is up to six years in the UK and Ireland.
- The flight of Air France that are covering a distance up to 1500 kilometers will make sure that the passenger gets €250.00
- The flight of Air France that is covering a distance between 1500 and 3500 kilometers will make sure that the passengers get €400.00
- The flight of Air France that is covering a distance more than 3500 kilometers will receive €600.00
The refund amount that has to be covered and compensated to the passenger are set by EC regulations 261/2004 is based on the itinerary of the flight along with the distance between the airport of departure as well as arrival. Please note that the rule applies to the entire journey including the connecting flights. In a nutshell, the distance between the final point of departure and initial departure will help the passenger to determine the value of the compensation.
Will I get any facility if Air France cancelled flights?
If the flight has been cancelled by Air France the following amenities will be provided to the passengers:
- Passengers can contact via call or email twice to people of their choice.
- Transportation from the hotel to the airport.
To know more visit the official website of Air France Airlines.