The Air France cancellation policy is something that helps to make your flight booking flexible. Any cancellation request can be so affordable, as you have never imagined.
In this post, we will cover the guidelines, rules, penalties, and everything you need to know about the cancellation which is attributed directly to you or by the airlines.
Air France ticket cancellation policy
The airlines offer flexible tickets that are changeable and refundable, subject to cancellation penalties and surcharges.
The Air France cancellation policy would be applicable on refundable as well as non-refundable fares. Like this, there are several other guidelines that you should know before making the actual cancellation. The guidelines are segregated for refundable fares as well as non-refundable fares.
Air France cancellation policy for non-refundable tickets
- Air France cancellation is applicable on the unused or unflown segment only.
- For any fare that is restricted or non-refundable, passengers can apply for cancellation and receive future credit voucher.
- For non-refundable fares, the voucher is the sum of booking value applied to the unused portion minus the cancellation fee.
- The future credit voucher remains valid for one year from the date of cancellation and can be used to purchase new flights.
- If the residual value of the new fare is higher than the actual value of the travel voucher, passengers need to pay the fare difference.
- In case of a lower fare difference, there is no refund to be applied to the remaining balance, as per Air France cancellation policy.
- A ticket refund will be offered in the event of death, and due to injury or illness to immediate family members.
Air France cancellation policy for refundable tickets
- The refundable fares are said to have a flexible Air France cancellation policy.
- It can be requested for cancellation up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure for international flights.
- Domestic flights within France can be canceled up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
- In case of a no-show, passengers can choose Air France cancel flight ticket option and claim a refund after departure.
- Passenngers are subject to a no-show fee alongside airlines’ cancellation fees.
- No cancellation fee waiver would be offered under any circumstances.
How to cancel Air France tickets?
While making a reservation with the airline please ensure that the ticket issued begins with a ticket number starting with the digit 057. Under the Air France cancellation policy passengers can request flight cancellations online as well as over the phone. We have highlighted the actual steps and navigation that help with the Air France flight cancellation request –
Cancel flight ticket online
You need a 13-digit ticket number or 6-digit booking reference number to void your flight booking. You would be asked to pay an upfront Air France cancellation fee while making the request.
After the request is completed, you will receive a confirmation email that mentions the refund or credit voucher details. Follow these steps to cancel your flight reservation –
- Now go to the website of Air France Airlines and then log into the account.
- Make a selection on the tab that says “Booking” “My Bookings” or “My Trip”.
- Once you make a selection on the option of my trips a list of reservations will be there on the screen and you will have to make a selection on the trip that you wish to cancel.
- After selecting the trip for cancellation a pop-up message will arrive on the screen where you will have to confirm whether you are sure you wish to cancel the selected trip.
- Make sure to select the option of “Yes” if you wish to cancel the trip you have selected.
- On hitting the confirmation button, the selected trip will be canceled officially.
- A message will be sent by the airline to the registered number regarding the cancellation initiated.
- Fill up the refund claim form and then the refund will be credited to the same account through which the reservation was made.
- The refund will be back after 10 business days after the deduction of the cancellation fee (if any).
Cancel ticket over the phone
If you’re not internet-savvy or holding a restricted fate that does not support online cancellation, feel free to reach the airline’s executive at Air France cancellation phone number. After the request is completed, you will receive an email confirmation that mentions the refund or credit voucher details.
Cancel ticket at the airport
You can vouch for this option if you are making a last-minute cancellation, and you are at your departure airport. To request flight cancellations at the airport, the airlines allow cancellation up to 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure for international flights, and 2 hours before for domestic flights. Simply approach the agent at the Air France check-in agent.
Air France 24 hour cancellation policy
As per the Air France cancellation policy, passengers who are willing to cancel their tickets within the first 24 hours of the reservations made with the airline will not have to pay any cancellation charge.
It is important to note that the passengers who attempt to cancel their reservations on the same day but before midnight accounts will not be debited with the amount.
On the other hand, the passengers who are canceling the reservations within 24 hours of the purchase along with the condition after midnight will get the amount of refund credited without the deduction of the cancellation charges.
Certain points passengers can consider before requesting 24-hour cancellation –
- The date of departure must be 7 days or more from the time of cancellation to claim a full refund.
- The 24-hour cancellation is not applicable for the Frequent Flyer member.
- Passengers having a group reservation for 10 or more passengers are eligible for 24-hour cancellation and are subject to a group contract.
- Air France flight changes are allowed within 24 hours of booking the flight. No penalty would be levied.
- Any reservation booked with a travel credit voucher is not covered.
- Under 24-hour cancellation, no Air France cancellation fee is to be paid by the passenger.
Air France cancellation fee
A non-refundable airline penalty will apply if passengers request a voluntary refund on their booking. However, no fees would be applicable if the passenger requests to cancel within 24 hours of purchase. Also, the Air France ticket cancellation fees vary online, by phone as well as at the airport.
The overview of the fee mentioned below is as per the Air France cancellation policy –
|Time Limit||Online Cancellation (in USD)||Phone Cancellation (in USD)||Airport Cancellation (in USD)|
|Outside 24 hours||200||250||200|
|Within 24 hours||Free||Free||Not Allowed|
Please Note: The aforementioned Air France cancellation fee is not accurate and may vary. It is advised to contact the airline for the most up-to-date information.
Air France cancelled flights compensation
As per the Air France cancellation policy, passengers having a delayed or canceled flight is entitled to receive a refund, canceled flight compensation, or both.
Let’s understand each and every flight circumstance and what you can do in such a situation –
Air France delay compensation
If the airline delayed the flight, approach the airline counter at the airport and ask for the reason for the delay. Follow the other steps –
- Have written documents with the airlines citing the actual reasons for the delay.
- If the delay extends to 3 or more hours, you are entitled to get the meals and refreshments alongside Air France flight compensation.
- In case of a delay of more than 3 hours, you can claim a refund on the unused portion of the ticket.
Passengers have been denied boarding
At times, the airlines denied boarding to the passengers due to overbooking. Passengers have rights –
- To cancel the booking and claim a full refund on the booking.
- Passengers are also entitled to the ‘right to care if the alternate flight requires an overnight stay.
- In case of a connection, where a passenger has to catch another flight, additional Air France flight compensation would be provided to the passenger.
Air France cancellation compensation
If the airline doesn’t notify passengers about the cancellation and does not offer you any additional flight, you are eligible for cancellation compensation along with a refund.
The Air France flight cancellation compensation ranges from 250 to 600 USD. The compensation amount varies depending upon the –
- The flight distance between points A and B.
- The length of the delay.
- Whether you have been offered an alternative flight.
Air France flight is delayed
Passengers are entitled to a flight delay that varies according to the flight distance –
- If the flight distance between point A and point B is less than 1500 km, the compensation amount would be 250 USD.
- The said distance between point A and point B is between 1500 and 3500 km, the compensation amount would be 400 USD.
- The same travel distance between point A and point B is more than 3500 km, the compensation amount would be 6000 USD.
The following cases deserve some special mention –
- For a flight distance longer than 3500 km where the flight is delayed by 3 or more hours, you are entitled to 600 USD as compensation.
- If the delay of the flight is longer than 3500 km and is less than 3 hours, the cancellation flight compensation amount would be reduced by 50%. So passengers are entitled to receive only 300 USD.
Here is the tabular overview of the same as discussed above –
|Delay Length||Flight Distance From Point A to Point B||Compensation Amount (in USD)|
|3 hours or more||Less than 1500 km||250|
|3 hours or more||Between 1500 and 3500 km||400|
|3-4 hours||More than 3500 km||300|
|4 hours or more||More than 3500 km||600|
Air France cancelled flights
If the passenger has the confirmed booking and is canceled by airlines less than 14 days from the scheduled departure, the compensation would be –
|Flight Length||Compensation Amount (in USD)|
|Less than 1500 km||250|
|Between 1500 and 3500 km||400|
|More than 3500 km||300|
Air France Refund Policy
Air France flight cancellations refund would be made available to the person who paid for the ticket or the passenger who is ticketed upon the submission of the valid travel document.
In addition, the refund amount you receive relies on certain variables. For instance, for any partially used ticket, the refund would be calculated for the unused flight segment on a prorated basis (based on the fare rules of the ticket) minus the Air France cancellation fees.
Air France refund policy additional guidelines
As per the Air France cancellation refund policy, there are several other guidelines you need to know before claiming a refund for your flight booking –
- Under Air France cancellation policy, any ticket purchased within 24 hours and you completed your purchase one week or more before the scheduled departure, may qualify for a full refund.
- Air France’s Basic Economy tickets are not eligible for refund, under any circumstances. Only 24-hour cancellation is allowed.
- If flight booking qualifies for cancellation, go to the Manage Booking section to cancel and claim a refund.
- Different Air France cancellation refund policies will apply based on the country or region of purchase.
- If any passenger experiences flight disruption or cancellation and has been denied a refund, please contact Air France customer service. A refund request form would be provided. The airline will review to determine whether you’re eligible for a refund.
- All trip types and classes of service, regardless of the fare rules are eligible for voluntary refunds.
- The cancellation refund would be made available either in the form of cash or travel credit.
- The said refund would be processed in the original method of payment.
- A credit card refund would be processed within 7-10 business days. Debit cards and other forms of payments may take 15-20 business days.
Air France has specific guidelines and procedures in place to accommodate passenger needs and provide flexibility in case of cancellations. By familiarizing themselves with the airline’s cancellation policy, passengers can be better prepared and aware of their options in case they need to cancel or modify their flights.
Frequently Asked Questions – (FAQs)
If the flight has been canceled the mealns, drinks, accomodation and transportation to hotel will be provided as prescribed in the Air France cancellation policy.
If Air France cancelled flights then the passengers of that flight will get a monetary refund. The compensation amount can be up to $540 as per the Air France cancellation policy.
You can cancel through the My Booking section on the airline’s website. You can also cancel via the Air France flight cancellation phone number.
The airlines will offer you the option to rebook another flight. You can choose three days before or after the actual date of scheduled departure without any Air France flight change fee.
Follow these steps to cancel your flight online by visiting Air France’s official webiste and following the process of Air France ticket cancellation online..
As per the Air France cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their flights within 24 hours of booking. Provided that the scheduled departure must be 7 or more days at the time of requesting a flight cancellation. This is how passengers can claim a full refund without paying any cancellation fees.
To file a claim, passengers need to contact the airline’s customer relations team at the airport or over the phone.
Different Air France refund policy will apply based on the country or region from where passengers have purchased the flight. All trip types and classes of service, regardless of the fare rules are eligible for voluntary refunds.
A credit card refund would be processed within 7-10 business days. Debit cards and other forms of payments may take 15-20 business days.
Air France business class tickets are 100% changeable and refundable, regardless of the trip type and cabin class. However, there are certain fare rules associated with refundable and non-refundable business-class tickets. The refund policy for the business class flight varies with domestic and international booking.
Yes. Passengers can cancel their reservation within 24 hours of booking without incurring any cancellation fees, provided that the booking was made at least 7 days before the flight departure.
Award tickets are valid for one year from the date of issue. It is recommended to review the specific terms and conditions of the award ticket at the time of booking.