With the JetBlue cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their flights hassle-free. Flight cancellation has become easier and more affordable with JetBlue, as you can access the cancellation penalty quicker. Instant cancellation option available for both Domestic and International flights with JetBlue. Here are the important highlights from the JetBlue cancel flight policy –
- JetBlue Refundable Tickets – Passengers may cancel the JetBlue flight online for a refund if purchased directly from the airline, on a refundable or non-restricted fare
- JetBlue non-refundable Tickets – As per JetBlue cancellation policy, if cancelling a non-refundable ticket, only taxes can be claimed for the refund.
- Cancel JetBlue Flight for Credit – In case of a refund which is claimed in the form of future travel credit after requesting the flight cancellation, the said travel credit would remain valid up to one year from the date of flight cancellation.
- JetBlue Flight Refund – All JetBlue refund requests will be credited back to the original form of payment such as the debit/credit card used to purchase the ticket.
- JetBlue Cancel Flight Fee – JetBlue cancellation charges would be applicable on the restricted as well as non-restricted fares, regardless of the fare type and the service class selected.
- JetBlue 24 Hour Cancellation – if purchased a flight ticket that originated to and from the USA, passengers may cancel within 24 hours and the JetBlue cancellation fee waiver would be applicable – as long as the flight reservation is made one week or more prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- JetBlue Cancel Anytime Travel Protection – in case of medical sickness where the passenger is not fit to fly as recommended by a doctor, or requires hospitalization, or have a traffic accident or in case of death of the passenger, co-passenger or family member, passengers are allowed to cancel a trip, and the JetBlue cancellation would be covered.
- JetBlue Cancellation Due to Weather – Weather may cause delay or at times disrupt the scheduled departure. As per JetBlue cancellation policy, passengers can cancel the flight and As per JetBlue cancellation fee waiver would be applicable, and the refund would be issued of the unused portion of the ticket in the form of a future travel credit.
- Cancelling JetBlue Award Flight – Mosaic reward members are subject to a JetBlue award cancellation fee when cancelling a non-refundable fare, and the refund would be issued in the form of future travel credit.
- JetBlue Bereavement Cancellation – In the event of the death of the passenger who has a confirmed reservation, a full refund for the JetBlue flight would be issued on the unused portion, and the copy of the death certificate must be submitted for validation within 14 of JetBlue flight cancellation request.
JetBlue Ticket Cancellation Rules
Here are the important consideration and highlights from the JetBlue cancellation rules –
- JetBlue Basic Cancellation – Blue Basic fare is non-refundable and is subject to a 200 USD cancellation fee per person wholly within the US, Mexico, Caribbean, or Central America.
- JetBlue Cancellation Over the Phone – A non-refundable 25 USD fee in addition to the JetBlue cancellation fee would be assessed if requested a cancellation over the phone
- Cancel JetBlue Credit Card – On all non-refundable fares that made a flight reservation through JetBlue Credit Card, a refund would be issued in the form of future travel credit.
- JetBlue Travel Bank Refund – All JetBlue cancellations requests applied on the non-refundable ticket would be issued a travel credit as a refund, and the said credit would be deposited in the JetBlue Travel Bank account. As per JetBlue Airways cancellation policy, there is no validity period on the travel credit deposited into the passenger’s JetBlue travel bank account and can be redeemed anytime to purchase the new flight.
- JetBlue Mosaic Cancellation – Mosaic reward members are subject to a JetBlue award cancellation fee when cancelling a non-refundable fare, and the refund would be issued in the form of future travel credit. In case of same-day cancellation, the JetBlue flight cancellation fee would be waived for Mosaic on all fares, as per the JetBlue flight cancellation policy. Ant travel essentials purchased would be refunded if cancelled before the scheduled departure.
- JetBlue Refundable Fares – As per JetBlue cancellation policy, a full refund would be permitted if cancelled prior to the scheduled departure and is subject to the JetBlue flight cancellation fee. Flight not cancelled prior to the scheduled departure are not eligible for refund, and the booking value would be converted into travel credit and is to be available for future use.
- JetBlue Non-Refundable Fares – Any JetBlue cancellation made for a restricted fare made prior to the scheduled departure, the claim refund would be issued in the form of travel credit and is subject to the JetBlue cancellation fee. The travel credit can be applied towards future travel on the flight operated by JetBlue only.
- JetBlue Free Cancellation – For all Government or Military fares, JetBlue ticket cancellation for a full refund is permitted on the unused portion of the ticket on all fare types. JetBlue cancellation fee may apply.
- JetBlue Flight Cancellation Policy in Case of a No-Show – In case of a JetBlue non-refundable fare that is not cancelled prior to the scheduled departure, the entire booking value would be forfeited, and no refund can be claimed under any circumstances.
JetBlue 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per JetBlue 24 hours cancellation policy, passengers are entitled to cancel their flight booking within 24 hours of booking and claim a full refund provided that the scheduled departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of cancellation. No JetBlue cancellation fee would apply. In addition –
- JetBlue 24 hour cancellation would not be applicable to the vacation packages
- JetBlue cancellation fee within 24 hours – Booking that has been altered are not eligible for refund and may be subject to a per-person cancellation fee depending on the fare booked, regardless of being within 24 hours of purchase
- JetBlue refund policy 24 hours – The JetBlue flight refund under 24 hours cancellation would be credited back to the original form of payment in 7-10 business days.
- JetBlue cancel within 24 hours would not be applicable to the flight booking that has more than 9 passengers, and is subject to JetBlue group cancellation policy.
- JetBlue 24hr cancellation to be performed on the airline’s website under the Manage Booking section or by contacting JetBlue cancel flight phone number.
JetBlue Covid Cancellation Policy
In the wake of the omicron variant and the prevailing Covid-19 pandemic, if passengers purchase the JetBlue flight after January 2021, they will be subject to a JetBlue cancellation fee. Passengers can cancel their reservation via jetblue.com under the ‘Manage Booking’ section. Depending upon the fare type and a class of service purchased, the passengers can either opt for a refund or receive a JetBlue travel bank credit which remains valid up to 365 days from the date of booking.
JetBlue Cancellation Fees
JetBlue charges a 25 USD non-refundable fee in addition to the cancellation of passengers made a cancellation request via JetBlue cancel flight phone number.
Passengers can save this 25 USD non-refundable fee per person if they request a JetBlue flight cancellation online.
All flight bookings made after January 2021 charged a cancellation fee –
|Blue Basic Fare||Flights within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America||Other International Routes|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||100 USD||200 USD|
|Blue Fare, Blue Plus Fare||Flights within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America||Other International Routes|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||75 USD||150 USD|
|Blue Extra Fare, Mint Fare||Flights within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America||Other International Routes|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||150 USD||200 USD|
JetBlue Cancellation Fee Waived
Here are the following circumstances where the JetBlue cancellation fee is waived –
- JetBlue cancellation fee waived circumstances would be applied when passengers cancel the reservation within 24 hours of booking.
- The cancellation fee waiver would be applied if the flight is delayed for 4 hours or more, and the passenger needs to cancel the flight to claim a JetBlue cancel flight refund.
- JetBlue cancellation waived policy would be applicable for all bereavement reasons.
- If the JetBlue flight is cancelled by the airline and the passenger holds a confirmed reservation at the time of cancellation, the JetBlue cancellation fee waived policy would be applied.
How to Cancel a JetBlue Flight?
Passengers are allowed to cancel their flight online as well as over the phone. Here are the following methods that help passengers cancel the JetBlue flight –
JetBlue Cancel Flight Online
Follow these steps to cancel JetBlue flight online –
- Visit jetblue.com, and navigate to the ‘Manage Booking’ section.
- Enter the six-digit confirmation code and the surname of the passenger to access the JetBlue reservation
- Select the flight itinerary and click on the cancel button.
- Depending on the fare type, the JetBlue cancellation refund would be offered either in the form of the original form of payment or as a travel credit.
- Click on the ‘Confirmation’ button to proceed to the flight cancellation
- Once cancellation is done, the cancellation confirmation would be sent to the passenger’s email address.
JetBlue Cancellation Via Phone
If it is a restricted fare, passengers can cancel the flight reservation over the phone by calling JetBlue.
- Keep your booking reference handy while you get connected to the next available JetBlue executive
- Ask the JetBlue flight executive to cancel the booking.
- Check to see the refund amount generated from the booking
- As per JetBlue cancellation policy, the flight booking may be subject to a cancellation fee and must be cancelled up to 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- If it is a restricted fare, passengers will receive the flight cancellation credit email on their registered email and the travel credit remains valid up to 365 days from the date of cancellation.
JetBlue Flight Delays and Cancellations
JetBlue always wants your travel experience to be as smooth and hassle-free, but there are times when things don’t go as planned. Let’s find out what to expect and what your options are when plans change –
JetBlue Weather Cancellation – Weather may sometimes cause delays with the flight or at the airport, and in those situations, JetBlue may have plans that help you continue your travel. In such cases,
- JetBlue cancellation fee waiver would be issued and the impacted passengers can cancel their flight without fee via the Manage Booking section on the airlines’ homepage or by contacting JetBlue.
- In the event of JetBlue cancellations due to weather, passengers would be asked to provide the details such as – flight confirmation number, flight number, date of travel, and passengers information such as full name, date of birth, and contact information.
- In case of JetBlue flight cancellation due to weather, the existing itinerary will not be reinstated.
JetBlue Cancelled My Flight – If the JetBlue flight is canceled by the airline and the passenger holds a confirmed reservation at the time of cancellation, the affected passengers are entitled to –
- Free rebooking on the next available scheduled departure
- Receive a JetBlue refund to your travel bank account
- Receive a refund to the original form of payment if passengers are not provided with an alternate flight within 4 hours.
- The affected passengers are also eligible for JetBlue cancellation compensation if the flight is cancelled within 4 hours of the scheduled departure, as per JetBlue cancellation policy.
JetBlue Itinerary Cancelled Voluntarily – if the passenger voluntarily cancelled the flight while the flight is still scheduled for departure, the reservation is subject to fare rules associated with it, including the receipt of a JetBlue Travel Bank Credit. In such a case –
Passengers can rebook the cancelled flight and have to pay JetBlue a non-refundable change fee alongside the fare difference if there is any. Passengers would be asked to provide the flight confirmation PNR, flight number, date of travel, and passenger’s information such as email address, date of birth, contact number, etc.
JetBlue Cancellation Compensation
If a passenger’s flight qualifies for JetBlue cancellation compensation, they will receive an email from the airline within seven days of scheduled flight departure. Passengers entitled to the JetBlue cancelled flight compensation would happen automatically.
For passengers who are flying with multiple airlines and the affected flight was booked with JetBlue, if qualifies for the cancellation compensation passengers need to contact JetBlue within seven days of the scheduled departure.
JetBlue Cancel Flight – For passengers whose flights were cancelled by JetBlue, they are entitled to receive a full refund on the unused portion of the fare or receive a rebooking on the next available JetBlue flight at no additional charge.
If JetBlue cancels the flight and alternate flights with a scheduled departure within one hour is unavailable, passengers are entitled to JetBlue cancellation compensation for future travel –
|JetBlue Ticket Cancellation||JetBlue Cancellation Compensation amount|
|Within 4 hours of flight:||150 USD Credit|
|After scheduled departure:||200 USD Credit|
JetBlue Flight Delays and Cancellation – Passengers whose flight is delayed are entitled to JetBlue cancellation compensation for future travel –
|JetBlue Flight Delay Time||JetBlue Cancellation Compensation Amount|
|More than 3 hours between less than 4 hours||50 USD Credit|
|More than 4 hours but less than 5 hours||100 USD Credit|
|More than 5 hours but less than 6 hours||150 USD Credit|
|6 or more hours||200 USD Credit|
Add to that, there are instances where a passenger’s flight gets delayed after the onboarding process. In such case, the JetBlue flight cancellation compensation would be –
|Delay time||Compensation Amount|
|More than 3 hours but less than 5 hours||100 USD credit|
|More than 5 hours but less than 6 hours||175 USD credit|
|6 or more hours||250 USD credit|
JetBlue Refund Policy
Our travel plans may change within a moment. If you have a change in travel plans and need to cancel your JetBlue flight reservation, your JetBlue refund eligibility depends upon your ticket. Here are the important highlights from the JetBlue cancellation refund policy –
- JetBlue Refund Policy 24 Hours – If a JetBlue reservation is purchased seven or more days prior to the scheduled departure, as per JetBlue cancellation policy, passengers have 24 hours from the time the ticket was purchased to cancel the reservation and claim a full refund.
- JetBlue Vacation Refund Policy – JetBlue vacation packages are non-refundable and are subject to JetBlue cancellation fee, and the remaining amount will be held as future travel credit for one year from the date of cancellation and to be applied to the purchase of future JetBlue travel packages.
- JetBlue Refund for Cancelled Flight – As per JetBlue flight cancellation policy, any flight cancellation or disruption that is attributed directly to the airline, passengers are liable to get the full refund of the unused portion of the fare.
- JetBlue Delayed Flight Refund Policy – if the JetBlue flight is delayed for 4 or more hours, passengers may opt to cancel a reservation and the refund would be applied towards the unused portion of the ticket. No cancellation fee would be applicable.
- JetBlue Refund Status – After requesting the JetBlue ticket cancellation, the claimed refund would be credited back to the original method of payment in 7-10 business days.
- JetBlue Refund Credit – As per JetBlue cancellation policy, any refund issued in the form of future travel credit remains valid up to one year from the date of booking, and is to be used for future travel on the flight operated by JetBlue and its codeshare agreement partners.
- JetBlue Price Drop Refund – Any flight ticket purchased within 24 hours are eligible for the refund in the fare difference if the new fare for the same itinerary is reduced.
- JetBlue Bereavement Refund – In the event of the death of the passenger who has a confirmed reservation, a full refund for the JetBlue flight would be issued on the unused portion, and a copy of the death certificate must be submitted for validation within 14 of JetBlue flight cancellation request.
- JetBlue Refund for Partially Used Reservation – As per JetBlue Airlines cancellation policy, if a passenger wished to cancel the remaining portion of the travel, the JetBlue cancellation refund amount would be equivalent to the one-way fare for the portion of the trip cancelled.
- JetBlue Cancelled Flight Refund – In order to receive a refund to the original form of payment, passengers must cancel the flight prior to the scheduled departure. As per JetBlue cancellation policy in terms of a refundable fare, the said refund would be placed into a JetBlue Travel Bank credit for future travel.
I booked my ticket with Jet Blue approximately a month back. I had change in plans and eventually wanted to cancel the ticket due to an emergency situation. Being someone who relies on the customer support, I called the help centre and got in touch with the executive. They asked for my PNR number and last name, checked my eligibility and forwarded with the refund gradually. Loved the service, the refund was reasonable too, considering I had to make end minute changes.
My last experience with Jetblue was great. Although the flight was canceled and I was late by few hours. But, I must say the staff were prompt enough to inform us about the cancelation and offered us with Jetblue flight delayed compensation. In fact, class of my original ticket got upgraded to a higher class for the new flight. Awesome. Isnt it?
During the COVID times, I once canceled my basic class ticket absolutely for free. I received the full Jetblue cancellation refund covid. However, this time I had to pay an overwhelming amount of $200 for canceling my Mauritious trip. The airline should have mentioned about this prior to booking the ticket. What you guys think?
The jetblue cancel policy does not charge fees for all ticket types. However, it is only the basic blue fare that is not spared from the cancelation fee. So, passengers who are absolutely sure of their travel can risk buying tickets of the basic fare. Since, the time I have heard about it, I stopped purchasing tickets of this fare.
The Jetblue cancel reservation is absolutely apt for passengers who buy Jetblue mint or JetBlu Plus. One need not have to worry about cancelation fees for these tickets. These tickets also comes with a range of other facilities. So, for those who want to enjoy the luxury of Jetblue facilities, must buy tickets of premium classes.
It is easy to get refunds in the form of award points according to Jetblue cancellation policy. This is indeed great. If we clearly analyse, we will see that it comes with a double benefit. Basically, refunds in terms of money are not easy to obtain. On the other hand, the norms are quite realxed for award points refund. We can easily obtain them. Again, one will get ample time to ‘use thorse award points for future booking with the same airline. So why avoid awards? I deserve them.
Personally, i like traveling with Jetblue. But last month i had to cancel my ticket to Florida. This really came as a surprise, that it took more than 10 days to return my cancellation refund. That too after persistent calling and an episode of meltdown. i felt harassed and dejected. Next time I will think twice befor I book another flight.
I was not aware that refunds can easily be obtained if tickets are bought with award points. I found it to be worth sharing, so I am doing so. So, I have now decided that I will only use award points to booked tickets. Jetblue cancel flight bought with points looks perfect for me. The airline will refund ticket fare when canceled.