A smart passenger always goes through the cancellation policy before booking tickets. So if you are soon going to fly on Icelandair Airline, the following guide on the Icelandair cancellation policy will come in very handy for you.
Main Highlights of Icelandair Cancellation Policy
- If the reservation is made on the official site of Icelandair, no service fees will be charged to passengers.
- According to the Icelandair cancellation policy, all the refundable tickets do not draw cancellation charges, if the ticket cancels within 24 hours.
- After the departure of the flight, the ticket fare will be forfeited by the airline, no refund will be allotted to passengers.
- For non-refundable tickets, the Icelandair cancellation policy slightly differs. The ticket must be canceled within 24 hours of booking, after the sustained period the airline will deduct the whole amount as cancellation charges.
- No cancellation fee charged on the passengers if the ticket is canceled by the airline.
- Under the Icelandair Cancellation Policy, The passengers with Award tickets are not allowed to cancel the trip. If he or she does the cancellation no refund is allotted to them.
- The passenger can cancel the booking until 24 hours before departure.
- After canceling a ticket, it takes 20 business days to reflect the refund amount in the passenger bank account.
- If the airline awards a travel voucher, the voucher must be used within one year from the date of issue. The value of the travel voucher is equal to the total ticket fare.
Icelandair Ticket Cancellation Policy for Flight delayed
- The Icelandair Ticket cancellation policy is slightly different than the standard policy. You do not require to pay cancellation if the flight is delayed for more than 4 hours.
- If the airline fails to complete the ride within the scheduled time, then the airline will offer the following benefits to passengers:-
- According to the Icelandair Ticket Cancellation Policy, the airline will offer full refund, accommodation, transport if required, food, call, etc for free of cost.
- For grabbing benefits, passengers need to communicate with the airline customer service team within 14 days from the departure date.
- The compensation value is decided after evaluating the routes distance, class of tickets, and many more factors.
- Both Refundable & Non-refundable ticket holders are eligible for a full refund. The Icelandair ticket cancellation policy does not implement if the flight is delayed for more than 5 hours. All the passengers will get compensation with free services.
- When the flight is postponed or suspended for climatic factors, then the airline may not offer compensation. In such cases, the airline will notify passengers in advance. Passengers can trace all the regular updates of their flight on the official site of Icelandair.
- For initiating the cancellation process the passengers have many options to choose from. But the recommended method will be the online cancellation process. As the online portals do not charge service fees.
Icelandair Cancellation Protection plan
Icelandair cancellation policy states that passengers who are entitled to the Cancellation protection plan will get refunds even if the 24 hours time period lapses.
The plan must be purchased at the time of booking. After reservation, the passenger will not be able to add the Icelandair Cancellation Protection plan. The main benefit of this plan is that the airline will not charge any other service charges.
The Icelandair Cancellation Protection plan does not cover the car rental, hotel expenses, and other personal expenses. If the passenger is canceling tickets for the death of relatives, no cancellation charges inflicted on them.
The passenger needs to visit the official website (https://www.icelandair.com) to claim compensation. All those passengers who booked tickets from a third-party travel agent will not be benefitted from this plan.
Icelandair charges additional fees for purchasing the protection plan.It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those passengers who are doubtful about the journey.
When a passenger purchases the protection plan and he or she travels with an infant, then the protection plan automatically covers the infant. The passengers do not require to pay for it.
Icelandair 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per the Icelandair 24 Hour Cancellation policy, a passenger will receive the full amount without any deduction, if the ticket is canceled within the same day of booking.
Under this policy, for seizing full refund passengers must book tickets on the official site of Icelandair. The rule is valid for all the passengers even if he or she lives in Canada. They can also avail the same benefit under the Icelandair 24 Hour Cancellation Canada Policy.
No cancellation fee will be charged to the passenger holding a non-refundable ticket, if they succeed to cancel the ticket within the 24 hours of reservation.
After 24 hours, if passengers wish to cancel the booking, they need to pay a cancellation fee as per their destinations. The non-refundable ticket holder will receive a tax portion as a refund.
A passenger with a protection plan will get a refund even if they cancel the ticket after the 24-hour window. With the Icelandair Cancellation Protection plan passenger is able to save 30% more as compared to standard cancellation plans. But this protection plan is not available in non-refundable tickets.
According to the Icelandair 24 Hour cancellation policy, the class of cabins, type of tickets, routes of the passenger have no role in deciding the cancellation fee. All the passenger is eligible for a refund, the only condition implies:
- The ticket must cancel 168 hours before departure and on the same day of booking.
Icelandair Cancellation Fees
The ticket cancellation fees depend on various factors such as days of cancellation, the time of cancellation, passenger routes and many more.
Icelandair Cancellation fees are charged to the passengers after the completion of risk-free period. The passenger with Economy Lite tickets requires to pay 70% on ticket fare as the cancellation charges.
The passenger who purchased the protection plan by paying 27 USD, does not require to pay cancellation fees. They will obtain a refund from the airline within one to three weeks.
The passenger without any plan will not get a full refund after the completion of the risk-free period. When non-refundable ticket holders cancel tickets after the lapse of the 24-hour window, they are required to pay Icelandair cancellation fees for obtaining a refund.
Icelandair Cancellation Policy: FAQs
When the airline cancels the flight, then the passenger will get free accommodation, food, transportation from the airport to the hotel, free calls, etc. According to the EU law, the airline is bound to offer compensation if the flight is delayed or canceled by the airline for controllable reasons.
The compensation value depends on two factors: time and reason. The passenger will get 250 EUROs to 600 EUROs as per the on-time performance table. For compensation, the passenger needs to inform the customer service team within 14 days from the departure date.
If the flight gets postponed by the airline for more than four hours, then the passenger has a chance to cancel the trip without charging cancellation fees.
The airline will grant you a seat on the next flight but if you are not satisfied with the resolution then you can claim compensation and reschedule your trip free of cost. The only condition applies “the flight must be from the same source city to the same destination city”.
1- If the ticket is canceled within 24 hours: No cancellation fee
2- If the ticket is canceled after the 24 hours of booking: Cancellation fee applies
3- Canceling ticket with protection plan: The passenger will get the refund without any deduction
When you cancel ticket online, you will be benefited with two things:
A- You are saving effort and time from long queues.
B- Saving service fees.
Passenger need to have a stable Internet connection and requires to follow some basic steps mentioned below:
1- For starting the cancellation process, open the web browser and search the official site of Icelandair
2- By filling the User email ID and password, you will be on the homepage of Icelandair
3- Visit the Manage Booking section and Enter your booking ID with your last name
4- Select the cancel tab with the reason for cancellation
5- A refund amount will be displayed as per the Icelandair cancellation policy
6- End the cancellation process by submitting the refund form
7- After submission, a confirmation mail will be received on your registered mobile and on Email ID
1- No cancellation fee is charged even if passengers fail to complete the journey.
2- The passenger does not require to purchase the Icelandair Cancellation Protection plan additionally if the infant age is less than 2 years.
3- To cover the entire journey at a very affordable price, passengers just need to 27 USD to secure their refund value.
4- With the Icelandair Cancellation Protection plan, the passenger will receive a full refund without any hidden clause.
Yes, even if you are holding a non-refundable ticket. The type of ticket does not matter if the Icelandair flight is canceled due to bad weather.
Yes, the airline will offer you compensation if the flight is canceled due to hurricanes. You need to contact customer service for requesting a refund. The refund amount will be processed within 20 business days.
The refund amount depends on two factors:
If canceled by the airline: Full refund with compensation
If canceled by the passenger: Ticket fare will be relinquished as No Show Fees