Asiana Airlines strives to provide its customers peace of mind by implementing a thorough cancellation policy that guarantees a hassle-free experience at every stage of your travel. This article delves into the specifics of Asiana Airlines cancellation policy, illuminating the guidelines, procedures, and fees that passengers can expect to encounter.
- What are the prerequisites for requesting a flight cancellation from Asiana Airlines?
- What is Asiana Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy?
- What are Asiana Airlines Free Cancellation Policy?
- Is the Flights Awards reservation refundable?
- How much is the Asiana Airlines Cancellation Fee?
- How to cancel airline tickets with Asiana Airlines?
- Asiana Airlines ticket cancellation online
- Asiana Airlines ticket cancellation over the phone
- Asiana Airlines ticket cancellation at the airport counter
- What is Asiana Airlines Refund Policy?
What are the prerequisites for requesting a flight cancellation from Asiana Airlines?
Here are some common prerequisites for requesting Asiana flight cancellation:
- Booking Confirmation – You must have a confirmed booking and the flight must be operated by Asiana Airlines.
- Time limit – The limit for requesting refunds for domestic flights is the same as the expiry date of the flight ticket. For international flight, passengers can avail refunds until 30 after the scheduled departure.
- Extenuating circumstances – No more Asiana Airline cancellation fee would be applicable in case of any extenuating circumstances such as the death of a passenger, co-passenger, or a family member.
- Direct sales channel – Asiana Airline cancellation policy would be applicable on all flight tickets booked via the Asiana Airline reservation page, Asiana Airlines customer service number as well at the airline’s booking counter at the airport.
- Hold Booking – Asiana will permit one’s reservation to be held at the quoted fare without payment if issued through the Asiana Reservation Call Centre, via http://us.flyasiana.com, or at an airport ticket counter. It can be canceled without fee if issued one week or more before a flight’s departure.
- Restricted fare – Passengers are not allowed to cancel the non-refundable fares under any circumstances.
- Non-restricted fare – Passengers can cancel the non-restricted or refundable fare up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Discounted fares – Bonus tickets, reward fares and group booking are subject to separate guidelines.
What is Asiana Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy?
Here’s the complete overview of the Asiana Airline flight cancellation within 24 hours –
- Originate – All flights originating to and from the USA are eligible under Asiana Airline 24-hour cancellation.
- Time Limit – You have up to 24 hours from the ticket purchase to cancel the reservation and claim a full Asiana Airline flight refund on booking, provided you booked at least a week or more prior to the departure.
- Group booking – Asiana Airlines’ free cancellation within 24 hours is not applicable on group fares as well as reward tickets.
- Fare types – The 24-hour cancellation would be applicable on refundable as well as non-refundable fares, all Asiana Airlines fare rules, regardless of class of service selected.
What are Asiana Airlines Free Cancellation Policy?
Asiana cancellation can be done at no charge under the following circumstances –
- Bereavement – Death of passengers or an immediate family member
- Flight delay – If the flight is delayed for more than three hours, and passengers have been less than two weeks prior to the scheduled departure date.
- Severe weather – In case of severe weather where Asiana Airlines flights have been disrupted
- Travel insurance – If the Asiana Airline flight cancellation is covered under a travel protection plan
- Circumstances beyond airline’s control – If the Asiana Airline flight is disrupted due to state emergency, severe weather, technical failure, or bankruptcy.
- Timeframe – If you’re requesting Asiana Airline free cancellation within 24 hours of the date of purchase provided you booked at least a week or more prior to the scheduled departure.
Is the Flights Awards reservation refundable?
For passengers who have booked a flight using Flights Awards for their reservation, here are the key points to consider –
- The Asiana refund obtained for flight awards are valid for 1 year from the date of issuance.
- Refunds made after 1 year from the date of issuance would attract a cancellation fee of 10,000 KRW or 100 USD. The fee would be applicable for both domestic and international flights.
- This fee would be applied to passengers who failed to request flight cancellation prior to flight departure.
- The below-mentioned fee would not be applicable on cancellations within 24 hours of purchase.
- A mileage refund is only applicable on the unused portion of the ticket.
The fee mentioned below in the following table would be applied per passenger.
|Category||Refund Fee||change (reissuances) fee||No-Show Penalty|
|Domestic(Korea) Flights||500 miles or 50 USD||–||500 miles or50 USD|
|International Flights||All unused ticketsMileage for Upgrade Awards||Partiallyused tickets||30 USD||50 USD|
Here are the important highlights from the Asiana Airlines cancellation of the reward tickets –
- Flight reward tickets are valid for a year from the date of issuance and are not extendable.
- Asiana Airlines flight cancellations for the reward tickets are not eligible for cash refunds.
- Asiana Airlines cancellation fee of 30 USD is to be applied for refunds made within 12 months.
- For refunds to be processed after the 12 months of issuance are subject to 10,000 miles or 100 USD as Asiana Airlines flight cancellation fee
- No Asiana Airlines cancellation fee would be charged for the award tickets that are refunded on the same day of booking, provided that cancellation be made at least 7 or more days from the departure date.
- In the case of an Asiana Airlines refund for your entire or partial mileage ticket, you will get the refund excluding the mileage you redeemed during your travel.
Can Asiana Airlines cancel my flight during a no-show?
Yes. Passengers who fail to cancel the flight before the scheduled departure would be charged a no-show penalty. This also applies to the passengers who fail to show-up for the flight after they complete the check-in.
|No-show penalty (in USD)||International Flights(Flight originate in Korea)||Domestic Flights|
The aforementioned fee would be charged per passenger each way.
Below is the table for the no-show penalty fee for the passengers who booked Asiana Airlines for international travel –
|No-show penalty (in USD)||International Flights|
How much is the Asiana Airlines Cancellation Fee?
The Asiana Airlines cancellation fee varies with the travel route and time requested for cancelation
Below is the overview of the cancelation fee for international flights –
|Fare Rules||Routes||Refund penalty||All Unused Ticket (Refund requested date prior to departure date)||Partial refund||Before 91 days||90-61 days||60-41 days||40-21 days||20-11 days||Within 10 days||Anytime after partially used|
|J.C||Short haul||Free||Free (However, service charge 30,000 KRW will be charged.)||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|D.Z.U||Short haul||30,000 KRW||40,000 KRW||100,000 KRW||140,000 KRW||180,000 KRW||100,000 KRW|
|Medium haul||30,000 KRW||100,000 KRW||150,000 KRW||200,000 KRW||250,000 KRW||200,000 KRW|
|Long haul||30,000 KRW||220,000 KRW||300,000 KRW||360,000 KRW||420,000 KRW||300,000 KRW|
|Y||Short haul||Free (However, service charge 30,000 KRW will be charged.)||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|B.M||Short haul||30,000 KRW||30,000 KRW||30,000 KRW||50,000 KRW (Effective September 1, 2022, Ticketing date)||50,000 KRW|
|70,000 KRW (Effective September 1, 2022, Ticketing date)||70,000 KRW|
|90,000 KRW (Effective September 1, 2022, Ticketing date)||50,000 KRW|
|Medium haul||30,000 KRW||30,000 KRW||30,000 KRW||50,000 KRW (Effective September 1, 2022, Ticketing date)||70,000 KRW|
|90,000 KRW (Effective September 1, 2022, Ticketing date)||110,000 KRW||70,000 KRW|
|Long haul||30,000 KRW||30,000 KRW||50,000 KRW||130,000 KRW||210,000 KRW||150,000 KRW|
|H.E.Q||Short haul||30,000 KRW||30,000 KRW||50,000 KRW||70,000 KRW (Effective September 1, 2022|
|Medium haul||30,000 KRW||30,000 KRW||70,000 KRW||110,000 KRW||150,000 KRW||120,000 KRW|
|Long haul||30,000 KRW||70,000 KRW||150,000 KRW||220,000 KRW||290,000 KRW||200,000 KRW||120,000 KRW|
|Fare||Booking Class||Refund Charge|
|Tickets issued on or before Oct. 19, 2022||Tickets issued on or after Oct. 20, 2022|
|Business Class||C,U||KRW 2,000||KRW 3,000|
|Economy Class||Normal Fare||Y||KRW 2,000||KRW 3,000|
|Discounted Fare||A, B, M, H, E, Q, K, S, V||KRW 5,000||KRW 7,000|
|Special Fare||L, W, T, G, F, J, D, Z, O||KRW 8,000||KRW 9,000|
How to cancel airline tickets with Asiana Airlines?
You can cancel flights with Asiana Airlines anytime prior to the scheduled departure, as it can be requested via three following methods –
Asiana Airlines ticket cancellation online
Here’s how you can cancel flights with Asiana Airlines online –
- Visit the Asiana Airlines booking portal – https://flyasiana.com/
- Enter the six-digit booking reference along with the departure and arrival city, boarding date, and first and last name in the required field. Click on the ‘Find My Trip’ tab.
- You can access your booking with a Login ID tab. Enter the ID and password to retrieve the booking. You need to enter the membership number in the required field.
- Alternatively, non-membership passengers can browse their flight itinerary and enter the following details in the required field – through a 6-digit booking number, date of departure, Departure City, Arrival City, and passenger’s last name.
- Click on ‘Cancel my trip’ next to the flight itinerary.
- Select the flights that you need to cancel, and follow the on-screen instruction to process the cancellation.
- Check, if you’re eligible for a refund.
- You will get the Asiana Airlines flight cancellation confirmation at your registered email address.
Note – If you have already checked in for your flights, you need to cancel the Asiana Airlines check-in to be able to request cancellation.
Asiana Airlines ticket cancellation over the phone
Here’s how you can cancel flights with Asiana Airlines over the phone –
- Dial the Asiana Airlines reservation phone number to request the cancellation of your flight booking.
- Ask the executive to cancel your reservation. Check whether it is eligible for an Asiana Airlines refund or not.
- Once you seek the refund status, ask the agent to initiate cancellation.
- Pay the Asiana Airlines flight cancellation fee.
- Check the Asiana Airlines cancellation confirmation mail redirected to your registered email address.
Asiana Airlines ticket cancellation at the airport counter
Here’s how you can cancel flights with Asiana Airlines at the airport –
- Visit the Asiana Airlines check-in counter at your departure airport.
- You can cancel flights at least two hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Keep your six-digit Asiana Airlines booking reference handy, as it would let the representative retrieve your booking.
- Seek clarity on the Asiana Airlines cancellation refund status and the remaining guidelines associated with your fare.
- Check your further options with the agent, if you can also request Asiana Airlines flight change.
- This way you can get the idea of whether the cancellation part is cheaper or the other way round.
- Choose your options, based on your travel preference.
- Check to see whether you receive the confirmation for flight cancellation on your registered email.
What is Asiana Airlines Refund Policy?
Here are the guidelines under the Asiana refund policy –
- For reservations that are purchased in cash, a refund would be issued to the ticket holder.
- Flight bookings that are purchased with debit/credit cards, refunds in cash would not be possible rather the claimed refund amount would be credited back to the original method of payment.
- The duration of refund on the credit card depends on the processing cycle of the company.
- The airline offers a refund on the unused portion of the ticket.
Refund Guideline for Covid-19 –
Here are the important guidelines that passengers should be aware of –
If there are travel restrictions due to Covid-19,
- Passengers can apply for a waiver of the Asiana Airlines cancelation fee
- Passengers can avail waiver in case of reissue. The Asiana Airlines change fee would be waived.
Passengers who are not permitted to travel –
- Passengers and/or accompanying family members who test positive for COVID-19 and have a boarding date within 2 weeks from the confirmation date.
- The cancellation fee would be waived.
- The change fee would be waived if the passenger request a flight change.
Overall, familiarizing yourself with the intricacies of the Asiana Airlines cancelation policy is crucial for a hassle-free travel experience. By understanding these guidelines, the refund eligibility, fee, and rebooking options, you can get through any extenuating circumstances or change in travel plans with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In case of non-refundable fare, Asiana Airlines do not offer any refund except if the ticket is canceled within 24 hours of purchase or under the following circumstances –
1. If the flight is delayed for more than three hours, and passengers have been less than two weeks prior to the scheduled departure date.
2. In case of severe weather where Asiana Airlines flights have been disrupted
3. If the Asiana Airline flight cancellation is covered under a travel protection plan
4. If the Asiana Airline flight is disrupted due to state emergency, severe weather, technical failure, or bankruptcy.
Yes, you can apply the unused value of your trip towards future travel. After assessing the Asiana Airline cancellation fee you will be issued a travel voucher which will remain valid for one year from the date of issuance.
Go to your departure airport as you can only request Asiana Airlines cancellation at least two hours prior to the scheduled departure. Keep your six-digit Asiana Airlines booking reference handy, as it would help the airline representative retrieve your booking.
Before requesting the cancellation, check the Asiana Airlines cancellation refund status on your flight. Please note you would be asked to pay the Asiana Airlines flight cancellation fee of 200 USD as per the Asiana Airlines cancellation policy.
To request a refund from Asiana Airlines, contact them directly or the agency through which you purchased your ticket.
Yes, you can generally cancel your Asiana flight. It is recommended to review the fare rules and check your cancellation eligibility.
The cancellation ranges between 25 USD and goes up to 300 USD. It varies with the travel route and the class of service selected.
Yes. A full refund is applicable if you cancel within 24 hours of purchase or due to some extenuating circumstances.
If you have a refundable ticket, you may be eligible for a refund on the unused portion of the trip minus the cancellation fee.