When it comes to air travel, understanding an airlin’s cancellation policy is crucial for flexibility and peace of mind. In this article, we explore Egyptair’s cancellation policy, shedding light on guidelines, procedures, refund eligibility, penalties, and alternatives.
- What are the Egyptair Flight Cancellation Policy Highlights?
- What is EgyptAir Cancellation Policy According to Your Fare?
- What is Egyptair 24-Hour Cancellation Policy?
- How does the EgyptAir Cancellation work for Covid 19 restrictions?
- What is EgyptAir No Show Cancelation Policy?
- How to cancel the flight with Egyptair?
- How much are the Egyptair Cancellation Fees?
- What is the Egyptair Refund Policy?
- What are the passenger rights on EgyptAir Boarding Denial?
- What are the passenger rights if EgyptAir Cancels flights?
- What are the passenger rights if EgyptAir Delays Flight?
What are the Egyptair Flight Cancellation Policy Highlights?
Here are the important considerations from the Egyptair cancelation policy –
- Flight cancellations and disruption – if your flight gets canceled, delayed, or disrupted for any reason which is under the airline’s control, the airline offers you the following alternatives –
- Accept the next available flight at no additional fees.
- Extend the validity of your ticket and travel at a later date.
- Opt for an alternate flight from other airlines, subject to availability.
- Request a full refund on the unused portion of the ticket
- 24-Hour Window – If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of purchase, you are entitled to a full refund without any penalties. Please note –
- Flight must be booked directly with EgyptAir
- Flight must originate to and from the US
- Delays of 5 Hours or more – If your Egyptair flight is delayed for 5 hours or more, you have the following options –
- Receive a full refund for the unused portion of your ticket within 7 days.
- You can change the point of departure at no additional cost
- Cancellation due to Bereavement – If an immediate family member passes away within 90 days before your trip, you can cancel your ticket and receive a full refund, provided –
- You need to provide a valid death certificate
- Refunds would be issued to the passenger’s estate through the original;l form of payment.
- You do not need to pay EgyptAir cancellation charges if you successfully submit the flight cancellation form during the risk-free period.
What is EgyptAir Cancellation Policy According to Your Fare?
EgyptAir offers three fares that cater to the comfort and flexibility of passengers – Economy Good Deal, Economy Flex, and Business Platinum
|Fare Class||Economy Good Deal||Economy Flex||Business Platinum|
|Cancellation||Allowed with restrictions||Allowed with restrictions||Allowed with restrictions|
|Refund Eligibility||No refund||Eligible for refund||Eligible for refund|
|Ticket Changes||Not allowed||Allowed with restrictions||Allowed with restrictions|
|Rebooking Policy||Not applicable||Allowed with restrictions||Allowed with restrictions|
What is Egyptair 24-Hour Cancellation Policy?
You can receive a full refund if you cancel your booking within 24 hours of making the reservation. Make sure –
- Flight must originate to/from the US.
- Flight must be issued with ticket stock number 077.
- Make sure to request the cancellation at least seven days before the scheduled departure to get eligible for a full refund.
- For refundable and non-refundable fares –
- Both refundable and non-refundable tickets are covered by Egyptair cancellation policy 24 hour.
- Non-refundable fares are eligible for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase.
- Exclusions for Last-Minute Bookings –
- Please note that the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply to tickets booked within six days prior to the scheduled departure.
- Also, any ticket which is booked on the same day as departure is not covered under EgyptAir 24 hour cancellation policy.
How does the EgyptAir Cancellation work for Covid 19 restrictions?
Here’s what you need to know about EgyptAir flight cancellation options in relation to COVID-19 restrictions:
- If you were booked on an international flight from March 19, 2020, until June 30th, EgyptAir has introduced new options to provide you with flexibility.
- Instead of requesting a refund, you have the option to choose a “Travel Voucher.”
- You can also use the voucher to pay for other services offered by EgyptAir.
What is EgyptAir No Show Cancelation Policy?
In the unfortunate event of a no-show, EgyptAir imposes additional fees, and as a result, your onward and/or return trip will be canceled.
EgyptAir flight changes are not applicable to any domestic or international flight after the scheduled departure.
How to cancel the flight with Egyptair?
Passengers can cancel EgyptAir flight cancellation online, by phone as well as at the airport. Here are the steps –
- Egypt Air Online Cancelation – Follow these steps to navigate the EgyptAir flight cancellation online –
- Visit the official EgyptAir website.
- Look for the “My Booking” section on the homepage.
- Enter the booking reference and the passenger’s last name in the required field.
- Once your booking is retrieved, select the flight segment and click “Cancel” to proceed with the cancelation process.
- Review the EgyptAir cancellation policy and any applicable fees that may be associated with your booking.
- Follow the prompts to complete the cancellation process.
- After confirming the cancellation, you should receive a cancellation confirmation email.
- Cancel Flight Via Customer Service Number – If you’re not eligible to request EgyptAir flight cancelation online, you can approach the airline’s customer service –
- Dial the EgyptAir customer service number.
- Set up the interaction language and get connected with the officials.
- Request the agent to fill out the EgyptAir flight cancellation form on your behalf.
- To fill out the EgyptAir cancellation form, you will need to share details about the passenger’s name, age, booking number, and all other required details.
- With the assistance of the customer service team recheck the form and submit it.
- You will not be charged any EgyptAir flight cancellation charges as they’ll be deducted from the refund amount. Once the cancellation procedure is complete, the airline will send you a confirmation email.
- Visit an EgyptAir Ticket Office – Locate the nearest EgyptAir ticket office to your location. You can find the office addresses on the EgyptAir website or through customer service.
- Visit the ticket office during their working hours.
- Approach the EgyptAir representative and explain that you need to request the flight cancellation.
- Provide your booking details, including the booking reference or e-ticket number.
- Check to see with the EgyptAir customer service executive if you are eligible for the refund, or what would be the applicable fee for your reservation.
- If you agree with the refund amount, ask the agent to initiate the flight cancelation process.
- Ask for a cancellation receipt or confirmation from the ticket office.
How much are the Egyptair Cancellation Fees?
When it comes to cancellation charges for EgyptAir, the airline does not provide a comprehensive overview on their website. The associated fees may vary depending on the ticket type, and the travel route.
EgyptAir recommends reaching out to their dedicated customer service team for specific details regarding your cancellation and EgyptAir ticket cancelation fees.
What is the Egyptair Refund Policy?
When it comes to refunds for your EgyptAir ticket, it’s important to understand the procedures and conditions. Here are the key points to keep in mind:
- Involuntary Refunds
- If EgyptAir cancels your flight, fails to operate it according to schedule, or causes you to miss a connecting flight, you are entitled to a refund.
- Voluntary Refunds
- If you are eligible for a refund due to reasons other than those mentioned above, you can cancel the flight and request a refund.
- Lost Ticket Refunds
- If you lose your ticket or a portion of it, you can request a refund by providing satisfactory proof of the loss.
- Right to Refuse Refund
- No Refund is applicable if the ticket’s validity has expired, as per EgyptAir refund policy.
- Currency and Refund Process
- Refunds will be made in the same currency used for the ticket purchase.
- Refunds for tickets paid with credit cards will be credited back to the original credit card
- EgyptAir Refund Online – If you’re looking to request an online refund for your EgyptAir ticket. Here are the key points to keep in mind –
- Auto Online Refund
- Cancel your EgyptAir online check-in, before initiating the refund request.
- If you want to refund only 1 passenger on a multi-seater booking, call the nearest EgyptAir ticket office to split your reservation.
- If you participated in a bid through E-upgrade, cancel your offer before requesting a ticket refund. Learn about EgyptAir Business Class Upgrade.
- Online Refund Form
- If you have multiple bookings, submit separate forms for each booking refund request.
- The refund request will be handled in accordance with the EgyptAir cancelation policy applied to your booking.
- The refund process may take up to 21 working days.
- If you did not purchase your ticket through www.egyptair.com, contact the nearest EgyptAir office for refund.
What are the passenger rights on EgyptAir Boarding Denial?
Denied boarding doesn’t just refer to cases of overbooking. It also covers situations where boarding is denied due to operational or safety reasons.
If the passenger volunteer to surrender their reservation, they are entitled to –
- Reimbursement of the ticket cost
- Re-routing to the final destination
- Return flight to the first point of departure.
Denied Boarding Compensation and Assistance – Passengers denied boarding receive entitlements which include –
- Meals, accommodation, transportation, and communication.
- Compensation for denied boarding
|Flight Distance||Compensation Amount|
|Less than 1500 km||EUR 250|
|between 1500 km and 3500 km||EUR 400|
|More than 3500 km||EUR 600|
What are the passenger rights if EgyptAir Cancels flights?
In the event that EgyptAir cancels the flight, passengers are offered an option to refund or arrange an alternate flight.
Also, passengers are entitled to Right To Care
- Meals and Refreshments.
- Communication Assistance
- Rerouting Accommodation
EgyptAir Flight Cancellation Compensation – Passengers who are eligible for compensation will receive the following amounts:
|Flight Distance||Compensation Amount|
|Less than 1500 km||EUR 250|
|between 1500 km and 3500 km||EUR 400|
|More than 3500 km||EUR 600|
Reduction in the EgyptAir canceled compensation amount – The airline will reduce the compensation by 50% if passengers are offered a rerouting on an alternate flight
- 2 hours later than the originally scheduled arrival time for flights up to 1500 kilometers.
- 3 hours later than the originally scheduled arrival time for intra-Community flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometers, as well as other flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometers.
- 4 hours later than the originally scheduled arrival time for flights not falling under the previous categories.
What are the passenger rights if EgyptAir Delays Flight?
When a flight is reasonably expected to be delayed beyond 2 hours from its scheduled departure time, the airline ensures that the passengers receive the necessary assistance based on the duration of the delay –
|Meals and Refreshments||Delays of 2 hours or more on flights of 1500 kilometers or less. Delays of 3 hours or more on flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometers|
|Communication assistance||Access to international calls and emails in relation to the duration of delay|
|Hotel Accommodation and Transportation||Expected departure time at least the day after the original scheduled departure. Stay of one or more nights becomes necessary|
|Airport Transfer||Transport between the airport and the place of accommodation (hotel or other)|
If there is a delay of 5 hours or more – In that case, passengers are entitled to
- Full refund on the affected flight segment within 7 days from the date of request.
- Return flight to the first point of departure at the earliest opportunity
Understanding EgyptAir Airlines cancellation policy is crucial for passengers. Reimbursement, re-routing, and assistance are provided in case of cancellations or delays. Also, passengers can make their travel plans flexible wif purchase the Business Platinum fares. It is always important to stay updated and contact customer service for guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
To get a full refund, you need to make sure you are filling the EgyptAir ticket cancellation form within twenty-four hours of booking. The airline may not offer a full refund if the booking is done within six days prior to departure. Once the risk-free period ends, the airline will impose cancellation fees based on fare types. You will not need to pay EgyptAir flight cancellation charges as they’ll be deducted from the refund amount. Once the cancellation procedure is complete, the airline will send you a confirmation email.
Yes. You can easily cancel your scheduled reservation. The EgyptAir cancellation policy states that the passenger who books tickets through the authorized portals can easily make cancellations on the official channels.
You can cancel the flight by following methods: Official website, Mobile app, Customer service number and airport counters.
To cancel EgyptAir’s ticket over the phone call, you will need to communicate with the officials. The representative will help you in the cancellation process. You may need to pay administration charges added to the EgyptAir cancellation charges.
You can cancel the scheduled journey whenever you wish by paying cancellation fees according to the EgyptAir booking cancellation policy.