Air Seychelles cancellation policy offers hassle-free rebooking and cancellation, thus allows you to retain the full value of the ticket, without spending too much on the flight cancellation.
In this post, we will cover the airline’s cancellation rules, the refund guidelines, how you can cancel the flight for free, and everything you need to know before cancelling the fight.
Air Seychelles Flight Cancellation Policy
As per the Air Seychelles cancellation policy, the cancellation varies with the fare rules associated with the Business Class and Economy Class booking, such as –
- The ‘Y’ and ‘M’ class in Economy cabin can be cancelled for free anytime before the scheduled departure.
- On the other hand, the ‘K’, ‘H’ and ‘L’ class in Economy cabin allow cancellation before scheduled departure for 200 USD.
- The other class of service in Economy Cabin i.e ‘V’, ‘S’, ‘G’, ‘Q’, ‘N’, ‘U’, ‘F’, ‘A’, ‘E’, and ‘O’ cannot be cancelled outside 24 hours of departure.
- The airline allows a no-show cancellation for all fare classes except ‘A’, ‘E’, and ‘O’. You can cancel the flight booking after the scheduled departure for 300 USD.
- The ‘J’ and ‘C’ class in Business cabin can be cancelled for free anytime before the scheduled departure.
- The ‘D’ class in the Business cabin allows cancellation before scheduled departure for 200 USD.
- The other class of service in Economy Cabin i.e ‘I’, and ‘P’ cannot be cancelled outside 24 hours of departure.
- Passengers can cancel the Business Class flight after the scheduled departure for 300 USD.
Air Seychelles 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per the Air Seychelles cancellation policy, except for the flight originating from Tel Aviv, the airlines allow flight cancellation for free within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket –
- The departure date must be booked at least 7 days in advance.
- The flight must be booked through book.airseychelles.com.
How to Cancel an Air Seychelles Flight Ticket?
For cancellation, passengers are requested to contact the Air Seychelles via the Manage Booking section or dial customer service phone number. For all reservation issued through travel agencies, passengers need to contact the original point of purchase.
Cancel Air Seychelles Flight Online – You simply need to log in to the airline’s website and cancel the flight through the My Trips section. The online cancellation is permitted for those who cancelled the flight ticket online. The steps include –
- Visit book.airseychelles.com and retrieve the flight booking through My Trips tab.
- Select the flight and follow the on-screen instructions for cancellation.
- Once you confirm your selection, the auto-generated email would be received on your registered email address.
- For all eligible refunds, the airline may take 15-20 days to process the refund.
Cancel Air Seychelles Flight through Phone – If you purchased the flight travel agency, or through the airline’s call centre, you can contact the Air Seychelles flight cancellation phone number at +1-844-673-0381.
Air Seychelles Free Cancellation
Air Seychelles cancellation policy also offers the travel protection plan that gets you a request for flight cancellation on the restricted fare. Also, the cancellation penalty would be discounted for all the refundable fares. The terms and conditions include –
- Free cancellation protection is available on the Air Seychelles official website and the mobile app.
- Available for purchase at the time of flight booking only. Cannot be purchased after the booking.
- Applicable for the flight within Seychelles only.
- The free cancellation protection plan will be applicable per passenger per flight segment basis.
- Applicable to all age groups of travellers.
- At the time of flight cancellation or disruption, passengers can claim upto 500 USD as reimbursement claim.
- Only applicable if the flight is cancelled 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
Air Seychelles Cancelled Flight Compensation
As per the Air Seychelles cancelation policy,
- If the flight is delayed at the final destination by more than 3 hours, and the reason that causes flight delay is within the airline’s control, or –
- If the airline informs you of a flight cancellation less than 14 days before the scheduled departure date.
Passengers are liable to get the cancelled flight compensation in the above mentioned situation. The level of compensation would be as follows –
- 100 USD for flight up to 1500 Km
- 150 USD for flights between 1500 and 3500 km.
- 225 USD for flight distance more than 3500 Km
The amount of Air Seychelles flight cancellation compensation would be reduced to 50% if passengers have been offered an alternate flight.
Air Seychelles Refund Policy
As per the Air Seychelles cancellation policy, if you’re holding the airline’s flight ticket, and the flight has been cancelled, you have the possibility of –
- Unlimited date change for free. Fare difference will apply.
- You can request a refund on the unused flight segment.
- Air Seychelles refund may take up to 6 months from the date of processing the request.
- Any voluntary refund for the flight would be applicable as per the fare rules.
- Due to the Covid guidelines, the refund will be permitted within 72 hours from the date of departure. The cancellation fee will be waived if the passenger has been tested positive or unable to travel due to Covid restriction.
- The airline will not charge any Air Seychelles change fee. Only fare differences will be applied.
- Any refund due to Covid restrictions can be submitted up to 7 days before the scheduled departure.
Air Seychelles Cancellation Fee
As per the Air Seychelles cancellation policy, the cancellation fee varies with the fare basis and the class of service booked such as –
Cancellation Fee for Business Class –
|Fare Basis for Business Class||J||C||D||I||P|
|Cancellation Fee (in USD)||Free||Free||200||Non-refundable||Non-refundable|
|No Show Fee (in USD)||300||300||300||300||300|
Cancellation Fee for Economy Class –
|Fare Basis for Economy Class||Y||M||K||H||L||Other Fare Basis|
|Cancellation Fee (in USD)||Free||Free||200||200||200||Non-refundable|
|No Show Fee (in USD)||300||300||300||300||300||Not Applicable|
(Please note: The other fare basis in Economy Class would be ‘V’, ‘S’, ‘G’, ‘Q’, ‘N’, ‘U’, ‘F’, ‘A’, ‘E’, and ‘O’)
In a nutshell, the Air Seychelles cancellation policy was built to help you in every step of planning your trip. This policy has been established after identifying the needs of the customers. We want to make sure that your trip gets cancelled at any stage.