Blue Islands cancellation policy helps you easily decide whether you want to cancel your flight or not. Not everyone offers the chance to cancel the flight and claim a refund anytime. But flying with Blue Islands gives you that privilege.
If you are one of those who prefer to cancel your Blue Islands flight reservation or you are just about to book your flight, check out this article with details on how you can cancel your flight, the rules you need to follow at the time of cancellation and claiming the refund, the airline’s cancellation penalty and much more.
Blue Islands Flight Cancellation Policy
As per the Blue Islands cancellation policy, the flight cancellation depends upon the fare purchased, including whether the reservation was made through the airline’s website, a partner airline, or through the airline’s customer service phone number.
Similarly, you should take care of the following rules before requesting a flight cancellation with Blue Islands –
- For most of Blue Island’s fares, the cancellations received within 24 hours of purchase are subject to additional cancellation and administrative penalties.
- Non-refundable fare like Bly Fly, the cancellation may affect the eligibility to reuse the flight ticket or apply the booking value to purchase the future flight.
- For a refundable fare like Blue Plus, the cancellation is applicable on the unflown flight segments only.
- Cancellation made within 24 hours of scheduled departure is not considered for any refund.
- Reservations with travel insurance, regardless of the fare types, can be canceled within 24 and up to 2 hours prior to the flight departure. The cancellation fee will apply.
Blue Islands 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
Under the Blue Islands cancellation policy within 24 hours, the airlines give you the freedom to make changes or cancellations to the flights within 24 hours of ticketing, without being charged an airline penalty. Please ensure that the flight booked by you must have a departure at least 1 week in advance. This includes canceling your reservation and requesting a full refund of the ticket price. The terms and conditions include –
- The 24-hour cancellation applies to the reservation booked through blueislands.com, airport ticket counter, or through Blue Islands cancel flight phone number.
- The 24 hours time frame begins at the time you will be issued a 13-digit ticket number.
- The refund from the 24-hour cancellation service will be credited back to the original method of payment.
- The group reservation that includes 10 or more passengers has not been covered under Blue Islands 24 hour cancellation policy and is subject to the group contract.
- Reservations booked with e-travel certificates, travel credit vouchers, and reward mileage are excluded.
How to Cancel the Blue Islands Flight Ticket?
Your plans may have changed and now you want to cancel the flight. No issues. If you have made a flight booking through Blue Islands official website you can go to the My Booking section, and cancel your flight. Alternatively, you can also seek the assistance of Blue Islands customer care representative to cancel your flight.
Method 1: Cancel Flight Ticket Online – You can cancel only those flight bookings that are made within 24 hours of purchase or holding a Fly Plus fare. The steps include –
- Visit blueislands.com and go to the Manage My Booking link on the home page.
- Enter the booking details to retrieve your reservation.
- Select the flight that you need to cancel.
- Select the ‘Cancel’ tab. The cancellation fee would be adjusted from the booking value at the time of cancellation.
- The refund summary would be displayed on the screen. Confirm your selection to cancel your flight.
Method 2: Cancel Flight Ticket over the Phone – If you have multiple passengers on your booking, and you want to cancel the reservation for an individual, or you’re holding a non-refundable fare or calling to seek assistance from the airline, feel free to reach the Blue Islands flight cancellation phone number. The cancellation fee and the additional service charges may apply.
Blue Islands Cancellation Fee
As per the Blue Islands cancellation policy, the airline offers two fares – Blue Fly and Fly Plus. Blue Fly is a basic fare and does not support any cancellation and refund outside 24 hours of purchase. Fly Plus is a flexible fare that allows to cancel or request Blue Islands flight change and is subject to airline’s cancellation fee, that is –
|Fares||Blue Fly||Fly Plus|
|Cancellation Fee (In USD)||Not Applicable||100|
|Cancel within 24 hours of booking||Yes||Yes|
|Cancel within 24 hours of departure||Not Permitted||Permitted|
|Cancel after departure||Not Permitted||175|
Blue Islands Refund Policy
As per the Blue Islands cancellation policy, the Bly Fly fare is non-refundable. If mentioned within the fare rules, the airline will offer you a refund on your flight ticket. The taxes, fees, and other charges would be applicable to your booking. In addition –
- The refund can only be claimed by the person who paid for the ticket. The person needs to produce satisfactory proof of payment.
- If the airlines cancel a flight, fails to operate as per the schedule, denied you a boarding, made a significant change to the flight schedule which is not as per your travel needs, or fail to stop at your destination or connecting point, the airline will offer you a full refund on the unused portion of the booking.
- In case of Fly Plus fare, if you have not used the flight booking, the refund would be calculated after deducting the Blue Islands cancellation fee and any administrative taxes.
- You cannot apply for the refund after the expiry of the validity of your booking which is 1 year from the date of purchase.,
With all the useful information, it would be easier for you to decide whether you should cancel the flight or not. Not everyone has the chance to fly with airlines like Blue Islands. But flying with this airline assures you peace of mind as you have the freedom and flexibility to get refunded before flying. There are a few airlines that allow flight cancellation after the purchase and the chances to get money back is very bleak.