Research the CityJet cancellation policy when you are about to book your travel. This will help you in saving an ample amount of money and time for booking your trip hassle-free.
In this guide, we will provide comprehensive details about all the rules that need to be known before canceling your flights, the refund guidelines, the cancelled flight compensation, and much more.
CityJet Flight Cancellation Rules
As per the CityJet cancellation policy, the guidelines vary with the refundable and non-refundable fares.
Refundable Fares – CityJet GoPro, Plus Pro, and Business Pro.
- If you cancel a refundable fare, you will refund the amount equivalent to the fare paid minus the CityJet cancellation fee.
- You can cancel the flight after the scheduled departure. No show penalty will be applicable.
Non-refundable Fares – CityJet Go Light and Go Smart.
- If you cancel a non-refundable fare, only airport taxes and fees will be refunded on the unused part of the ticket.
- In case you want to claim a full refund, you need to cancel your booking within 24 hours.
CityJet 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per CityJet’s cancellation policy, the airline’s 24-hour flexible booking policy allows passengers to void the booking within 24 hours of the purchase at zero charges. You can claim a refund on your booking under the following conditions –
- Regardless of the fare category, if you booked your trip with Cityjey, your ticket is refundable within 24 hours of purchase.
- For instance, if you booked your trip at 9 p.m., you can cancel it until 9 p.m. the following day, no matter if you choose the departure date more than 24 hours in advance.
- The ticket is refundable up to 12 hours only if you have a scheduled departure date of fewer than 24 hours from the date of booking.
- For instance, if you purchase a flight ticket at 7 p.m for an 11 a.m flight the next day, in order to get the full refund you need to cancel the flight up to 7 a.m. the next day.
- The booking must not include more than 9 passengers in a single PNR.
How to Cancel a CityJet Flight Ticket?
To cancel the CityJet flight you need to visit the airline’s website and request the cancellation. Alternatively, you can also cancel the flight by calling CityJet’s flight executive.
Method 1: Cancel Flight Online
All you need to do is access your booking online and request the flight cancellation. Your refund request gets processed immediately and credited back to your account in 7 business days. Follow these steps to know more –
- Visit CityJet.com and go to the ‘My Booking’ section.
- Enter the flight confirmation number and the last name of the passenger.
- Once the booking is retrieved, select the flight that you need to cancel.
- The refund amount will be reflected on the screen.
- Confirm your selection and the trip will be cancelled and all the refundable components will be credited to your account in 7-15 business days.
- To cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking, you can cancel in a similar way.
Methods 2: Cancel Flight over the Phone
You can simply dial the CityJet ticket cancellation phone number and request flight cancellation. The airline’s cancellation penalty and the handling fee may apply.
CityJet Cancelled Flight Compensation
As per CityJet cancellation policy, all the flight delays, disruption and boarding denial must fall under the compliance of European Union aviation regulation. Such events entitles passengers to be cancelled flight compensation except when –
- You are notified of flight disruption, or cancellation at least 2 weeks in advance from the date of departure.
- You are informed of flight cancellation or any disruption less than 7 days and are offered alternative flights. And, that departs no more than 1 hour before the scheduled departure reaches the final destination less than 2 hours after the originally scheduled arrival.
If you were denied boarding or your flight is cancelled and the reason for cancellation is attributed directly with the airlines, you’re entitled to receive the cancelled flight compensation –
- 125 USD in respect of flights less than 1500 km
- 200 USD for flight distance from point A to point B is between 1500 and 3500 km
- 250 USD as compensation for the distance more than 3500 km.
CityJet Refund Policy
As per the CityJet cancellation policy, the airlines offer a refund on the unused portion of the ticket. Just like that, there are rules that you should know before claiming a refund for your flight booking –
- The refund is entitled to a person ticketed in the reservation or the person who paid for the booking. This can be claimed upon the presentation of satisfactory proof of payment.
- The refund can only be claimed before the scheduled departure. Passengers are not entitled to get any refund after the flight has departed.
- The ticket remains valid for 1 year from the date of purchase. Passengers can claim the refund within the period of validity.
CityJet Cancellation Fee
As per the CityJet cancellation fee, the airline does not charge any penalty if passengers decide to cancel within 24 hours of booking. Outside 24 hours, the cancellation fee would be –
|Go Light||Go Smart||GoPro||Plus Pro||Business Pro|
|Cancellation Fee (in USD)||Not applicable||Not applicable||125||150||200|
As a budget airline, CityJet has its own rules and regulations regarding ticketing and cancellations. Always make sure you’re aware of these terms and conditions before booking your flights with this airline. Save time and money by applying for CityJet deals as soon as possible.
If you truly want to travel and explore the world, it is vital to book your flight tickets in advance. However, if something unexpected comes up and you no longer want to go on your trip, this is the right place to find more information regarding the CityJet cancellation policy. We have already provided important details about their website and how you can go about canceling your reservation.