Contour Airlines cancellation policy offers the most traveler-centric policy, this makes it easy for you to cancel the flight anytime after the purchase. Travelers who are prone to last-minute cancellations should also consider booking the flight directly with the airlines, which charges very less or no fees to cancel flights.
In this post, we will cover what it takes to cancel the Contour Airlines reservation, and what rules and guidelines you should know before requesting the flight cancellation.
- Contour Airlines Flight Cancellations
- Contour Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- How to Cancel a Contour Airlines Flight?
- Contour Airlines Refund Policy
- Contour Airlines Cancellation Fee
- Contour Airlines Ticket Cancellation – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Contour Airlines Flight Cancellations
As per the Contour Airlines cancellation policy, all flight tickets are non-refundable except the reservations purchased at ‘Refundable fare’ when canceled prior to the scheduled departure. The other rules that you should be aware of before making the flight cancellation –
- You must cancel the flight ticket within 24 hours of purchase to get a full refund. You must ensure that the flight was booked at least 1 week prior to the departure of the first flight segment in the itinerary.
- By canceling a non-refundable reservation, you may get eligible for the unused airport taxes and fees. The refund would be converted into flight credit for future use.
- Reservations purchased under certain fare classes may not be eligible for any cancellation and refund.
The cancellation rules that apply to each fare include –
Super Saver Fare and Standard Fare
- This is a non-refundable fare.
- The airline process the refund value in the form of a future travel voucher.
- A cancellation fee of 75 USD will be charged upfront.
- The remaining balance would be applied towards future use in the form of travel credit and remains valid for 1 year from the date of booking.
- You need to cancel the flight booking up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure.
- This is a refundable fare.
- The airline charges a cancellation fee of 100 USD upfront at the time of cancellation.
- The passenger will get the refund amount credited back to the original method of payment.
- The airline allows cancellation after departure. You need to pay 150 USD as a no-show cancellation fee.
Contour Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per the Contour Airlines cancellation policy, you can claim a full refund on your flight, regardless of any fare type, if you cancel the reservation within 24 hours of purchase. To claim a full refund, you need to adhere to the following guidelines –
- The departure date must be booked at least 168 hours before the scheduled departure.
- The flight must be booked online via contourairlines.com.
- You cannot cancel the booking that is already rescheduled.
- The booking must not include more than 9 passengers.
- If you need to cancel the flight for 1 passenger in the booking where multiple passengers are included, you need to call Contour Airlines ticket cancellation phone number.
How to Cancel a Contour Airlines Flight?
You can use the online option (contourairlines.com) to cancel the entire booking via My Trips. Alternatively, you can also speak directly to the airlines via Contour Airlines reservations phone number.
Cancel Contour Airlines Flight Ticket Online
You can easily cancel the entire booking via the My Trips section. A booking cancellation option is available in the booking overview at the bottom of the homepage. This allows you to cancel the entire reservation, including all flights and people. A confirmation email will be sent to the passenger to confirm the cancellation. The steps include –
- Visit contourairlines.com and navigate to the My Trip section at the top-right corner.
- Enter the booking credentials to retrieve the reservation.
- Select the flight to cancel the reservation.
- To cancel the flight, a cancellation fee would be charged upfront and is to be levied from the original method of payment.
- A refund would be processed either in the form of cash or travel credit depending upon the fare type you have purchased.
Cancel Flight Ticket via Customer Service
If you need to cancel part of your bookings such as one of the flight segments or one of the passengers, feel free to reach Contour Airlines cancel flight phone number.
Contour Airlines Refund Policy
As per the Contour Airlines cancellation policy, the refund can be claimed on the unused portion of the flight segment or itinerary. In addition –
- Any Contour Airlines reservation canceled within 24 hours from the date of original purchase, will be refunded in full in the original method of payment.
- Depending upon the fare type, the refund would be offered in the form of future travel credit and remains valid for 1 year from the date of original purchase less any cancellation fees.
- For any reservation canceled outside the 24 hours of purchase, the refund will be made in accordance with the fare rule.
- The airline will process the refunds for the eligible flight booking within 7 days after the request for refund is made for credit card purchase.
- A refund is made to the person who paid for the flight reservation.
- The reservation issued in the name of a minor would be refunded to the parents, guardian, or any third-party who purchased the flight booking.
Contour Airlines Cancellation Fee
As per the Contour Airlines cancellation policy, the airline penalty would be charged to all fares, refundable as well as non-refundable. The airline charges a cancellation fee outside the 24 hours of flight purchase.
|Fare Types||Super Saver Fare||Standard Fare||Flexible Fare|
|Cancellation Fee (in USD)||75||75||100|
|Refund as Future Credit||Yes||Yes||No|
|Refund as cash||No||No||Yes|
|No-show cancellation (in USD)||Not permitted||Not permitted||Permitted. 150|
As you can clearly see, Contour Airlines cancels the flight at no charge and is one of the reasons why it is being preferred among air travelers. Also, if you have already made a reservation through Contour Airlines, then you should try contacting the airline and reschedule your flight as soon as possible. This will allow you to avoid cancellation penalties.