EgyptAir check in offers the most convenient and efficient way of completing your boarding formalities, ensuring that your journey starts off on the right foot. From airport counter check-ins to the convenience of online and mobile options, EgyptAir offers a range of services designed to make your check-in as seamless as possible.
What are EgyptAir check in options?
Here are the available options for EgyptAir check in –
- Online check-in – EgyptAir online check-in service is accessible through EgyptAir’s official website. Passengers can check in from any location with internet access.
- Mobile check-in – Download the EgyptAir web check in app on smartphones and tablets. The app offers the added convenience of completing the boarding and check-in process on the go. Passengers can complete the check-in through the mobile app up to 90 minutes before scheduled departure.
- Airport check-in – Passengers can check in at the airport by visiting the EgyptAir boarding check in desk. Airport check-in is suitable for those who need special assistance or have specific requirements, such as checking in baggage.
- Automated check-in – EgyptAir offers an automated check-in service for eligible passengers where passengers would be automatically checked in and the boarding pass would be sent to their email address 48 hours before departure.
How to access EgyptAir online check in?
EgyptAir web check in service is available for all passengers with ticketed reservations.
- Timing – EgyptAir check in through mobile app is available from 48 hours before your flight’s departure time up until 90 minutes before scheduled departure.
- Eligibility – The service is available for the confirmed flight ticket and must be operated by EgyptAir.
- Checked baggage – If carrying checked baggage, you must submit the luggage at the baggage drop counter up to 60 minutes before departure.
- Boarding time – Boarding gates close 30 minutes before your flight’s departure. Aim to arrive for the security checks and boarding 45 minutes before departure.
- Cancellation – if you need to request EgyptAir flight cancellation or need to cancel the check-in, you must call the airline’s customer service at 1717 or 090070000 at least 1 hour before departure.
Steps to request EgyptAir online check in
Follow these steps to request the EgyptAir online check-in –
- Open your internet browser and go to the official EgyptAir website.
- On the homepage, look for the “Check-in” button. Click on it to start the process.
- On the Web check-in page, click on the ‘Start online check-in’ tab to initiate the process.
- You can access the booking either through a Booking reference or through an e-ticket number.
- Enter the last name and the booking reference on the required field and click on ‘identify’ to access your flight booking.
- Alternatively, you can enter the e-ticket number alongside the last name to retrieve your
- Select all the passengers in the booking, if there’s more than 1 passenger.
- Select the flight segment that needs to be checked in. If there are multiple flight segments, each sector needs to be checked in one by one.
- Use the seat map provided to select your preferred seats.
- Add any other special requests such as meals, wheelchairs, etc.
- Review the information to ensure accuracy. Confirm your check-in.
- Your electronic boarding pass will be sent to the email address you provided during the booking process.
Airport restrictions for EgyptAir online check in
Certain airports has special requirements for EgyptAir online check in
- JFK (New York), YYZ (Toronto), and IAD (Washington) – Passengers must check in at counter for data verification, boarding pass issuance, and bag tag printing. E-boarding pass is not permitted.
- KWI (Kuwait) – EgyptAir online check in is not permitted. Passengers must visit the EgyptAir flight check-in and need to print the boarding pass.
- DMM (Dammam) and RUH (Riyadh) – Passengers flying from Dammam and Riyadh should bring 2 copies of the printed boarding pass EgyptAir
- Tunis City – Passengers departing from Tunis City should report to the check-in counter.
- Germany – Passengers traveling to Germany are required to sign their passport as part of the check-in EgyptAir process.
Exception to online check in
EgyptAir online check-in service is not available for departures from specific airports such as
- Erbil, Erbil International Airport (EBL), Iraq
- Baghdad, Baghdad International Airport (BGW), Iraq
- Juba, Juba Airport (JUB), South Sudan
The exception of EgyptAir web check in also applies to
- Passengers who availed EgyptAir pet travel service
- EgyptAir unaccompanied minor passengers.
- Passengers seeking wheelchair assistance or any other special assistance at the airport.
- Passengers traveling on a codeshare agreement flight
- Passengers traveling in a group of 10 or more passengers sharing the same Booking reference.
EgyptAir automated check-in service
EgyptAir automated Check-In service is available exclusively for confirmed flight bookings. The automated check-in starts 48 hours before scheduled departure. You will receive your egypt air boarding pass automatically in your inbox.
You need to request an EgyptAir flight change after automated check-in, navigate to the Check-in’ and select the ‘Cancel check-in’ option. Please note that the fare type must permit the changes on your booking.
What to know about EgyptAir mobile check in?
With EgyptAir check in mobile you can check in for your flight from anywhere using your via the airline’s official application. Passengers will receive the mobile boarding pass directly on your mobile device, eliminating the need for the paper version.
How to request mobile check in?
Follow this guide for the smooth Egypt Airlines check in through mobile application –
- Download the EgyptAir mobile app and select the “Check-in” option.
- Enter your name, and boarding code in the required field. Choose from your booking reference, electronic ticket number, or frequent flyer number to retrieve your booking.
- Select all the passengers under the reservation. Select the flight segments.
- Pick your preferred seats from the seat map.
- To complete the check-in process, you need to print your Egypt Air boarding pass.
- If you’re eligible for a mobile boarding pass, enter your email address and mobile number you need to finalize your boarding pass.
How to check in with EgyptAir at the airport?
In order to request the Egypt Air check in at the airport, passengers must arrive 3 hours prior to departure.
Special information for Cairo airport departures – Passengers departing from Cairo Airport and using EgyptAir online check-in should drop off their luggage at the drop-off counters.
Baggage drop off at Frankfurt airport – Passengers traveling with EgyptAir from Frankfurt airport have the following option –
|Automated Drop-off Counters
|Halls A and B
|A: 260-283, B: 453-461
|Normal Drop-off Counters
|Passengers with Reduced Mobility (UM)
|LH service area
|Business and Gold Member Check-In
|Gates 1 & 2
|Passengers with Pets in Hold
|LH special counter
|EgyptAir Service Counter
|Located at Counter 474
Steps for EgyptAir check in at the airport
Follow these steps –
- Arrive at the airport ample time before your departure.
- Proceed to the Egypt Air check in counter at the airport.
- Approach the check-in counter and ask the agent to complete the boarding process.
- Provide your booking reference and the required travel documents.
- Give your seat preference.
- If you have checked baggage, the airline staff will weigh your bags, attach the appropriate baggage tag
After successful check-in, you will receive your Egypt Air boarding pass. The boarding pass contains essential flight information, including your seat assignment and departure gate.
What is the EgyptAir check in time frame?
The EgyptAir check in for international flights is 3 hours before departure. Please note that the check-in counter for international flights closes 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
For domestic flights, we suggest checking in at least two hours up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
For any additional information or specific inquiries, call EgyptAir through local call centers –
- Landline – 090070000
- Mobile – 1717
Which destinations require Advanced Passenger Information (APIS)?
Advanced Passenger Information System is a system introduced by many countries to enhance national security and streamline immigration procedures.
Some important information regarding APIS
The following details must be required for APIS –
- Passport number
- Country of Issue
- Country of Citizenship
- Date of Birth
- The expiry date of the passport
- Name in the passport (must match the name on the ticket)
- Mobile and email address
Destinations that require APIS
APIS requirements apply to a variety of destinations such as
|Middle East & Africa
|Bahrain, Qatar, South Africa
|Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, Thailand, South Korea
|Austria, Denmark, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Romania, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Hungary, Russia, Turkey
|Canada, United States of America
Does EgyptAir offer a home print BagTag service?
A Home Print BagTag is a label for your luggage that you can print at home, allowing you to prepare your bags in advance for your flight. You can use Home Print BagTag 48 hours before your departure time.
Requirement – If your journey starts within the European Union, the Home Print BagTag must be printed in color.
Information – The Home Print BagTag must contain the following information – route, name, special conditions, and a barcode for easy identification.
Steps to get home print BagTAg
Follow these steps to get your Home Print BagTag:
- Check in online at EgyptAir official site.
- Select your seat.
- Indicate the number of bags you have. You can also do this for your return flight if applicable. You must also adhere to the checked baggage guidelines.
- Print out your boarding pass, passenger receipt, and the HomeTag for your suitcase.
- Attach the HomeTag to your luggage as instructed. You must ensure that the flight itinerary must be visible from both sides.
How to obtain EgyptAir boarding pass?
There are multiple ways to obtain EgyptAir boarding pass
- Online check-in – After completing the EgyptAir online check in process, you can obtain a boarding pass through email. Ensure that you have access to a printer to generate a hard copy.
- Mobile check-in – Instead of printing a physical boarding pass, you can choose to receive an Electronic Boarding Pass on your mobile device, thanks to the EgyptAir check in mobile app. You will receive the boarding card within the app with the QR code.
- Airport check-in – After check-in at the airport counter, you’ll receive a physical boarding pass.
EgyptAir understands the importance of a hassle-free check-in process. Whether you choose the online check-in or the personalized service at their counters EgyptAir ensures you have a smooth and hassle boarding process.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
How to check in with EgyptAir?
You can check in with EgyptAir via the official EgyptAir website or mobile app, at the airport check-in counters, or through the self-service kiosk (where available).
Can I check in online with EgyptAir?
Yes, EgyptAir offers an online check-in service, allowing passengers to check in for their flights through the airline’s website or mobile app.
When does EgyptAir online check in open?
EgyptAir online check-in service typically opens 48 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
What is the check-in time for EgyptAir?
For international flights, it is between 3 hours and 90 minutes before departure and 2 hours before the scheduled departure up until 30 minutes for domestic flights.
Do I need to print my boarding pass for EgyptAir flights?
It is not mandatory, EgyptAir offers electronic boarding passes (e-boarding passes) that can be displayed on your mobile device.
How do I print my boarding pass with EgyptAir?
Check-in online to print your boarding pass, or on the day of departure head to the airport to complete the check-in and you can request to print the boarding pass.
When should I check in for international flights with EgyptAir?
For international flights, it is recommended to check in 3 hours before the scheduled departure time.
What happens if I forget to print my EgyptAir boarding pass?
You can request assistance at the airport’s EgyptAir check in counter. They will assist you in obtaining a printed Egypt Air boarding pass.