Freebird Airlines cancellation policy allows passengers to cancel the flight smoothly and efficiently and charges a very low cancellation penalty.
In this article, we will offer a comprehensive view of the airline’s cancellation rules, the refund request, the airline;’s penalty, and all important things that you should know before canceling the flight ticket.
- Freebird Airlines Flight Cancellations
- Freebird Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- How to Cancel a Freebird Airlines Flight?
- Freebird Airlines Refund Policy
- Freebird Airlines Cancellation Compensation
- Freebird Airlines Cancellation Fees
Freebird Airlines Flight Cancellations
As per the Freebird Airlines cancellation policy, the airline’s cancellation would be applicable on all fare types, and the class of booking reserved. The other cancellation rules include –
- The airline does not allow cancellation less than 24 hours before the scheduled departure. The cancellation request will lead to the forfeiture of the entire booking amount.
- The airline does not allow cancellation for Eco fare outside 24 hours of booking and does not permit any refund.
- All involuntary flight cancellation offers a full refund on the unused portion of the flight ticket.
- The Premium and Business Class allows flight cancellation after the scheduled, and levies a no-show cancellation fee.
- Eco fare does not allow any refund or travel credit for cancellation.
Freebird Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per the Freebird Airlines cancellation policy, the airline allows flight booking to be held for 24 hours after the flight is purchased. In this time frame, you can change or cancel the flight provided that the departure date must be selected at least 7 days or more at the time of the request. The terms and conditions include –
- The booking must be made through freebirdairlines.com or through the airline’s customer service phone number.
- The flight must be operated by Freebird Airlines.
- Contains no more than 9 passengers in the single PNR.
- The departure date must be booked 1 week or more in advance.
How to Cancel a Freebird Airlines Flight?
You need to cancel your flight through the original point of purchase, as each airline’s vendor has their own booking system that Freebird Airlines don’t have access to.
Cancel Freebird Airlines Flight Ticket Online
You have the option to cancel your reservation online if:
- Your flight was originally booked on the airline’s website and requesting the flight cancellation 2 hours before it’s scheduled to leave.
- You’ve decided to cancel the reward booking.
If you made your reservation directly with Freebird Airlines, you can cancel it online by going to My Reservation and following the steps –
- Click on My Booking tab and access your flight booking by entering the reservation code and the last name of the passenger.
- If your flight is eligible for a refund, click on the ‘Cancel’ flight button.
- Confirm your cancellation on the next page.
- You will receive the automatic cancellation of the booking via email.
- The refund amount would be processed back to the original method of payment in 7-10 business days.
Cancel Freebird Airlines Flight Ticket over the Phone
You can cancel the flight by dialing the Freebird Airlines flight cancellation phone number. The airline cancellation fee and the additional service cost may apply.
Freebird Airlines Refund Policy
As per the Freebird Airlines cancellation policy, the ticket refund is subject to the fare rules. The airline will offer a refund to the eligible flight booking only and according to the following conditions –
- All other travel essentials are non-refundable, except for some exclusions.
- If the ticket is non-refundable, passengers can claim unused airport taxes and fees in the form of travel credit.
- Full utilized tickets are non-refundable.
- Partially utilized bookings are refundable after adjusting the used flight ticket with the cancellation fee.
- If the flight is canceled or delayed for 4 or more hours, the reservation is eligible for a refund.
- The airline will process the refund in the same currency as originally booked.
- The passenger can request a refund on the flight booking up to the ticket validity period.
- In the event of a passenger’s death or death of an immediate family, Freebird Airlines will issue a refund in accordance with the applicable fare rule. its present policy. A copy of the death certificate of the passenger holding the ticket must be presented in all situations.
Freebird Airlines Cancellation Compensation
As per the Freebird Airlines cancellation policy if your flight gets canceled by the airlines after you have already arrived at the airport you are not only entitled to a refund but also for personal care and canceled flight compensation. However, passengers are entitled to a canceled flight compensation if –
- If the airline fails to inform you about flight cancellation or delay less than 14 days prior to the scheduled departure.’
- You must have completed the flight check-in.
The chart below offers a complete description of the situations in which air passengers may be eligible to compensation for canceled flights:
|Notification prior to departure||Alternative flight lands at the destination||Right to compensation|
|More than 14 days before||Irrespective of departure and arrival schedule||No|
|7 -14 days before||Departs no more than 2 hours earlier/arrives less than 4 hours later||No|
|7 -14 days before||Departs more than 2 hours earlier/arrives more than 4 hours later||Yes|
|Less than 7 days before||Departs no more than 1 hour earlier/arrives less than 2 hours later||No|
|Less than 7 days before||Departs more than 1 hour earlier/arrives more than 2 hours later||Yes|
|Less than 14 days before||No alternative flight offered||Yes|
If the flight is disrupted or canceled, you are entitled to the following compensation –
- Flight distance up to 1500 km, passengers are entitled to 150 USD as compensation.
- Flight distance between 1500 and 3500 km, passengers are entitled to 225 USD as compensation.
- More than 3500 km, passengers will receive 350 USD as compensation.
Freebird Airlines Cancellation Fees
As per the Freebird Airlines cancellation policy, the airline charges a cancellation penalty outside the 24 hours of booking.
|Freebird Eco||Freebird Eco-Flex||Freebird Premium||Freebird Business|
|Cancellation Fee (in USD)||Not Applicable||65||100||150|
|Cancellation within 24 Hours||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Cancellation after departure (in USD)||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||200||300|
The policy may vary depending on the reason for cancellation and if any of the conditions mentioned above. However, one thing is certain; passengers have the right to cancel their tickets before departure. Thus, you do not need to earnestly suffer through a flight which you are no longer interested in, or if something comes up. These factors can be crucial and help in making the decision. Always call and check with the airline if your case falls under any of these reasons for cancellation before you book your next flight.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Theairlines charge the cancellation penalty outside 24 hours of booking. The Freebird’s Eco-Flex charges 65 USD per passenger per ticket. The Premium and Business fare charges 100 USD and 150 USD respectively.
On the other hand, the airline charges the no-show cancellation fee for the Premium and Business fare for 200 USD and 300 USD respectively.
If you made your reservation directly with Freebird Airlines, you can cancel it online by going to My Reservation. Besides that, you can cancel the flight by dialing the Freebird Airlines flight cancellation phone number. The airline cancellation fee and the additional service cost may apply.
If the flight is canceled or delayed for 4 or more hours, the reservation is eligible for a refund. In that case, you would be eligible for three options –
Flight refund on the unused part of the ticket.
Rescheduling the flight to another date.
Converting the refund amount into travel credit and re-use it to book a new flight up to
1 year from the date of cancellation.
The airline allows flight booking to be held for 24 hours after the flight is purchased. In this time frame, you can change or cancel the flight provided that the departure date must be selected at least 7 days or more at the time of the request.