It is never challenging to cancel a ticket with GoAir. There is a lot of leeway with the cancellation policy. You can cancel your reservation anytime to ensure a refund. Take a look at the GoAir flight cancellation policy to save the hassle of having to cancel your ticket.
Brief Highlights: GoAir Flight Cancellation Policy
Flying with GoAir gives you peace of mind. If you have to cancel your reservation due to unforeseen circumstances, you do not have to count on anyone. Take a quick glimpse at GoAir flight cancellation policy brief highlights:
- According to the GoAir cancellation policy, when the flight is cancelled after booking the passenger has to pay a portion of the ticket fare as cancellation fees.
- No penalty will be charged by the airline if the flight is cancelled for the following reasons:
- Natural Calamities
- Technical failure
- Government laws
- Free cancellation is permitted for tickets purchased after the 21st of March 2020. However, since this initiative is strictly subjected to airline regulations, please contact the authorities before making a cancellation.
- Passengers who are cancelling tickets for a medical emergency will gain some portion of ticket fare as a refund after submitting a medical report.
- There are no cancellation fees on tickets cancelled due to the death of a passenger’s immediate family member.
- No refund is initiated to passengers traveling with basic or discounted fare tickets.
- The airline will forfeit the whole ticket fare as the cancellation fee when the booking is cancelled after the flight departure.
- Passengers must cancel the ticket at the authorized platform for a refund.
- As per the GoAir flight cancellation policy, passengers with non-refundable tickets will only gain a tax portion of the ticket fare as a refund.
- No show fee will be charged on passengers traveling with invalid tickets.
- The airline will not accept a refund request if the flight is cancelled after the allotted period.
GoAir Flight Cancellation Charges
If the passenger cancels the flight after making the reservation, GoAir will charge a certain amount as cancellation fees. To figure out how much you have to pay to cancel your domestic and international flights, go through the following:
GoAir domestic cancellation charges for bookings made on or before the 17th Oct 2019
- According to the GoAir flight cancellation policy, if a flight is cancelled two or more hours before its scheduled departure time the airline will charge the base fare plus a fuel surcharge or INR 3000 as GoAir domestic cancellation charges.
- When a flight is cancelled within 2 or fewer hours of departure, the whole ticket fee will be charged by GoAir as cancellation fees.
- Cancellation of flights after the check-in is not permitted. If the flight has to be cancelled, the airline can only refund the tax portion.
- The airline would not charge a single penny for the cancellation of an infant ticket.
GoAir domestic cancellation charges for bookings made on or after the 17th Oct 2019
- According to the GoAir flight cancellation policy, a passenger flying within India must pay a domestic cancellation charge of INR 3500 if the flight is cancelled within three days of departure.
- Domestic flight passengers who cancel their tickets more than three days before departure must pay INR 3000 as GoAir domestic cancellation charges.
GoAir international cancellation charges for bookings made on or after the 17th Oct 2019
- Passengers traveling with an international flight ticket need to pay INR 5000 if the flight is cancelled within three days of departure.
- When a passenger with an overseas ticket cancels the flight, they must pay INR 4500 if the ticket cancellation is done more than three days before the departure of the flight.
- The airline would not charge a single penny for the cancellation of an infant ticket for both domestic and international flights.
GoAir Flight Cancellation Refund Policy
- As per the GoAir flight cancellation refund policy, a passenger will gain the full amount as a refund if the airline cancelled the flight.
- The airline will charge full ticket fare as cancellation fees if the booking is made on unofficial outlets.
- Passengers traveling with an insurance plan will gain a full refund within two to three business weeks.
- If the passenger has a medical emergency, he or she is entitled to free cancellation.
- The passenger traveling with basic or non-refundable tickets will only gain the government tax portion as a refund.
- A full refund is allocated to the passenger account only if the flight is cancelled due to an act of god.
- To claim a refund a passenger must fill the refund form within the same day of cancellation.
- If the flight is delayed for more than five hours then the airline will offer you the following benefits:
- Trip reschedule
- Travel voucher
- Full refund
- According to the GoAir flight cancellation refund policy, a passenger making a cancellation via the assistance of a third-party agent will not gain a refund.
- The refund process will be initiated by the airline within 15 working days from the claim date.
Methods for Cancelling a GoAir Flight
GoAir understands that each passenger prefers a certain method for cancelling their reservation. As a result, the airline offers flight cancellation services both online and offline. Read on to find out how to cancel your GoAir reservation in a matter of minutes:
GoAir Flight Cancellation Online
Cancellations made through the online portal are simple to carry out from the convenience of your own home. Keep rolling on the following points to easily cancel your reservation:
Ticket cancellation on the official website
- To begin the GoAir flight cancellation online process, go to the official page and complete the login process.
- On the homepage, click on the Manage booking tab.
- Now, enter your booking details, such as last name, email, and record locator, in the relevant field to find out your scheduled flight.
- Select the name of passengers with mentioning the reason for cancellation.
- Submit the cancellation request by tapping on the confirm tab.
- The system will auto calculate the cancellation charges according to the GoAir flight cancellation policy.
- You do not need to pay cancellation charges as they will be deducted from the total fare.
- You will get a confirmation mail from the airline with all details about the refund.
GoAir Flight Cancellation Offline
The majority of passengers favor the offline methods for cancelling their flights. For them, the airline has formed a team of professionals to assist travelers with booking and cancellation queries.
You have two options for cancelling your booking offline, both of which are listed below:
Ticket cancellation through the customer service number
- Reach the officials at GoAir customer service number.
- Set up language and select cancellation option from the available options.
- The available agent will assist you within two to three minutes.
- The agent will ask you to share details about the trip and the reason for cancellation.
- Share all the required details.
- The agent will gather all the information and fill the GoAir flight cancellation refund request form on your behalf.
- You may need to pay an extra amount as service fees excluding cancellation charges.
- Once the payment process completes, you will get the confirmation mail on your registered number and email address.
Ticket cancellation at the GoAir center
- Visit the GoAir center.
- Ask the agent to offer you the GoAir flight cancellation refund request form.
- Fill the form mentioning confirmation code, passenger name, the reason for cancellation, and all other required information.
- Check the input and present it to the available agent.
- The agent will review the form and start the refund calculation process.
- The agent will deduct service fees and cancellation charges from the total fare and ask you to choose a refund mode.
- Select the refund mode.
- Your request will be recorded by the agent, and the refund will be processed at the same time.
Frequently Asked Questions – GoAir Flight Cancellation Policy
You have a plethora of options for canceling your flight with GoAir. You can cancel your booking through the following methods:
• GoAir official website
• Mobile App
• Customer service phone number
• GoAir center
To cancel your GoAir ticket online, you need to visit the official website and implement the following steps:
• Complete the account authentication process.
• Visit the Manage booking page.
• Enter confirmation code/ PNR number with passenger’s last name.
• Choose the cancellation reason.
• Pay the cancellation charges.
• Receive confirmation mail on your registered ID.
Yes. You can cancel your GoAir ticket over the call. However, the airline may charge a service fee extra excluding GoAir cancellation charges.
Yes. The GoAir flight is safe for travel during the current pandemic. The airline adheres to all COVID protocols and pledges to ensure that you enjoy quality travel whilst protecting your health.
Yes. The cancellation facility is available for basic fare ticket holders. For this, they need to pay cancellation charges according to the GoAir cancellation policy.
You need to pay the following amount for canceling tickets on the day of departure:
• 0 to 2 hours before departure: Full ticket fare plus additional service charges
• 2 to more hours from departure: Base fare plus a fuel surcharge or INR 3000