Intercaribbean Airways cancellation policy is pretty straightforward and breeds flexibility, as you can get your refunds or retain the booking value through various methods.
You can find in this post the airline’s cancellation rules, the refund guidelines, the airline’s penalty, and much more.
Intercaribbean Airways Flight Cancellation Rules
As per the Intercaribbean Airways cancellation policy, the airlines do not allow cancellation outside the period of validity. The fares offered by Intercaribbean Airways remain valid for 90, 180, 365 days. Follow this post, as we have covered the cancellation policy for each fare –
- This is a refundable fare and remains valid for 365 days.
- The airline offers a 100 % refund on the booking value minus the cancellation fee before the scheduled departure.
- The airline charges a no-show cancellation if it cancels the flight after the scheduled departure.
- The airlines charge a no-show fee of 100 USD for international flights and 60 USD for domestic flights.
- This is a non-refundable fare and remains valid for 180 days.
- The airline allows cancellation within 24 hours of purchase only.
- The cancellation is not applicable outside the 24 hours.
- This is a non-refundable fare and the fare remains valid for 90 days.
- You can cancel the flight and claim a full refund within 24 hours of booking.
- The airlines charge 100 % of the booking value as a cancellation fee after the scheduled departure.
Intercaribbean Airways 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per the Intercaribbean Airways cancellation policy, you can effortlessly modify or cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking without paying any additional fee, and claim a full refund. The terms and conditions include –
- The policy is applicable for the flights booked at intercaribbean.com.
- The promo fares, complimentary flight tickets, and reservations booked through frequent flyers points are not covered.
- Intercaribbean Airways flight change or cancellation requests need to be completed within 24 hours of booking the flight.
- The departure date must be selected at least 1 week in advance.
- You can cancel the flight through the My Booking section or call the airline’s customer service.
- All fare classes are covered in this service.
- The service is applicable for travel within the Caribbean as well as the United States.
How to Cancel an Intercaribbean Airways Flight?
To cancel your current flight booking, you can call Intercaribbean Airways customer service or access your reservation online. Here’s how you can cancel it –
Cancel Flight Ticket Online
Only FLEX fares are qualified for cancellation if you purchased the reservation online through Intercaribbean Airways’ official website. Also, other fares can be canceled online if flight cancellation is made within 24 hours of purchase. The steps include –
- Go to intercaribbean.com and access your booking through the My Booking section.
- Enter the six-digit booking reference and the passenger’s surname to access the booking.
- Keep in mind you can make changes up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Select the flight you like to cancel.
- On the checkout page, you can see the refund summary of your booking.
- Once you confirm your selection, the airline will process the refund in 7-15 business days.
Cancel Flight Ticket over the Phone
You can seek the assistance of the airline’s executive by calling Intercaribbean Airways cancel flight phone number. The cancellation penalty may apply.
Intercaribbean Airways Refund Policy
As per the Intercaribbean Airways cancellation policy, to cancel your flight and receive a refund, your flight booking must –
- Have been booked at intercaribbean.com, Intercaribbean Airways reservation phone number, or through an Intercaribbean airport ticket counter.
- Contain a Flex fare that can be canceled outside 24 hours of purchase.
- Must not be military, rescue, or government fare.
- The reservation does not include a hotel and/or car rental booking.
- The reservation must be paid in US dollars.
- The booking should not include unaccompanied minors.
Intercaribbean Airways reservation meeting the above-mentioned criteria would be refunded in the original form of payment.
Best fare and Saver fare need to be canceled within 24 hours of purchase to claim a full refund. The departure date needs to be booked at least 7 days away while claiming a full refund.
If you purchased a flight booking through a credit card, the refunded amount would be reflected on the card within 2 weeks from processing the request. Reservations purchased in cash would be issued a cheque as a refund within 7 days from the date of cancellation.
Intercaribbean Airways Cancellation Compensation
As per the Intercaribbean Airways cancellation policy, if you’re voluntary denied boarding by the airline on the confirmed booking or your flight is canceled or delayed for 4 or more hours, you are entitled to the compensation of the following amounts –
- 125 USD if the flight distance from point A to B is less than 3500 km
- 250 USD if the flight distance is more than 3500 km
The airline will offer 50% of the compensation if you opt for the alternate flight and the arrival time of such re-routed flights does not exceed the arrival time of the original flight booked.
- By 3 hours if the flight distance between point A and point B is less than 3500 km
- By 4 hours if the flight distance between point A and point B is more than 3500 km
Right to care – Besides the Intercaribbean Airways cancellation compensation, you are also entitled to have –
- Meals and refreshment vouchers in relation to the passenger’s waiting time.
- Access to communication as well as the internet
- Hotel accommodations and the airport transfer if the affected flights require an overnight stay.
Intercaribbean Airways Cancellation Fee
As per the Intercaribbean Airways cancellation policy, the Flex fare qualifies for the cancellation, and the airline penalty is applicable before and after the scheduled departure.
|Saver Fare||Best Fare||Flex Fare|
|Cancellation Fee (in USD)||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||50|
|Cancel within 24 hours||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|No-show cancellation||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||100|
One should note that the airlines have the right to deny any refund requests that it may deem as unreasonable. But, Intercaribbean Airways usually have a very fair cancellation policy and one can apply for the same by following the above-mentioned steps and guidelines.
Thus, Intercaribbean Airways cancellation rules give you a lot of flexibility to cancel your booking at any time. Once you are assured that you can rebook the flight and that is flexible enough for you. It is important to note here that the airline does not offer any refund option to its customers.