Seen to be headquartered in Vientiane, Lao Airlines is one of the leading Airlines in Laos. The airline operates both domestic as well as internationally and gives its services in China, Japan, South Korea, Thailand and Cambodia. Due to its passenger base in South East Asia, the airline has gained a lot of popularity amongst local tourists. The airline seems to provide promising services to its passengers. The world-class service is entwined with Lao Airlines cancellation policy, making it one of a kind.
If you are planning to fly with this airline, make sure to go through the following guide in detail. We have covered all the facts related to Laos flight cancellation in the easiest way possible.
- Key Highlights Of The Cancellation Rules
- Lao Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
- Lao Airlines Cancellation Charges
- Lao Airlines Refund Policy
- How To Cancel Lao Airlines Flight Ticket
- Lao Airlines Cancellation Compensation
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Lao Airlines Cancellation Policy
Key Highlights Of The Cancellation Rules
- According to Lao Airlines cancellation policy, the passengers can make free cancellations up to 24 hours within the booking. They must try to purchase the tickets at least a week before departure.
- If the tickets are not cancelled within 24 hours, the airline would impose a small cancellation charge that would be deducted from the refund.
- If the passengers are making a dual booking, they can cancel the tickets with lower airfare under usual circumstances. In other cases, the passengers must contact the airline during an emergency.
- Lao Airlines tickets can be cancelled in a number of ways both online and offline but the airline demands the passengers to do it via the point of purchase.
- If the passengers are involving any third party association such as agents or agencies, a special condition applies. The passengers can only make the cancellations by contacting the agents.
- The cancelled tickets can only be refunded at the Lao Airlines head office in Vientiane.
- In case of any group purchases, the passengers must write a mail mentioning the individual tickets they wish to cancel. Lao Airlines would only charge for the individual tickets and not the entire ticket.
Lao Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
- As per Lao Airlines 24 hours cancellation policy, the passengers would not be fined for making the cancellations within 24 hours. The airline keeps this period as a risk-free cancellation period.
- It is not important that every ticket would apply the 24 hours rule. In the case where a passenger has purchased a non-refundable ticket, the airline would not allow any free cancellation for them.
- The 24 hours period is strict and something every passenger should abide by. Even if the cancellation is made at the 25th hour, the airline would charge you for it.
Lao Airlines Cancellation Charges
- Lao Airlines cancellation charges are different for every ticket. Usually, the cancellation fee depends on factors like the time of cancellation, type of tickets and the destination.
- As per Lao Airlines cancellation policy, the passengers would not be charged even a penny if they cancel their tickets on time. However, a small fee of 50 USD will be charged for the cancellation of the issued e-ticket.
- If the passengers have opted for insurance, the airline would not deduct any amount from their refund. Last-minute cancellations are allowed for passengers with insurance.
Lao Airlines Refund Policy
- If the passengers are making the cancellations within 24 hours of booking, Lao Airlines would initiate a 100 percent refund to the passengers.
- In order to avail the refund, the passengers must try to book their tickets at least a week before the departing date. The airline needs some time to process the cancellation.
- In order to apply for a refund, the passengers must write a mail at and send it to the official mail id of the airlines. The details of cancellation and refund must be mentioned in the mail.
- The tickets once cancelled would be refunded in Vientiane itself, in the head office of Lao Airlines.
- The refund usually takes almost 7 to 14 days to reflect in the account of the passengers. Domestic refunds are usually initiated faster than the international ones.
- The refund shall be made in the same way of ticket purchasing. Meaning, if the passengers have bought their tickets via a credit card, the refund would be made in the same way.
- Passengers who have paid for their tickets via cash or cheques must wait for the airline to contact them. They can then provide their desired account for getting the refund.
- The refunds shall only be made for the refundable tickets. Non-refundable ticket owners can contact the airline.
How To Cancel Lao Airlines Flight Ticket
According to Lao Airlines cancellation policy, you can cancel in a myriad of ways. The airline makes sure to be as compatible as needed by the passengers. Every sort of passenger has their own way in which they can proceed with the cancellations. Here are the ways to go about the process-
Flight Ticket Cancellation Online
What’s better than handling your ticket in your own way. Imagine having the power to make cancellations anytime, anywhere. Sounds wonderful, doesn’t it? If you have purchased your tickets online, you are allowed to cancel them online.
- Go to your email and paste this email address in the “To” section. [email protected].
- In the subject area, type “Ticket Cancellation”.
- In the body of the mail, you can start with writing where you buy the ticket for. You must mention your PNR number and details to fetch your details.
- Make sure to give a strong reason for cancellation and attest a document to it, if possible. End the mail by requesting the airline to understand your situation and cancel the tickets.
- Please make sure to mention the refund in your mail right after you have requested for cancellation. The airline would go through your eligibility and proceed with the refund in the best way possible.
Flight Ticket Cancellation Offline
If you do not wish to make the cancellation via the mail, you can also opt to make them offline. There are two ways in which a passenger can proceed with offline cancellation via a call or by visiting the airport counter.
- You can seek an executive who is going to help you out in the cancellation process.
- Give them your flight details and elaborate on why you wish to cancel.
- The executives would go through your request and proceed with the cancellation as per Lao Airlines cancellation policy.
- Request them to fill out the refund form after the cancellations are done. You would receive a confirmation regarding the same by the executives.
Lao Airlines Cancellation Compensation
- If the airline delays the flight by more than 3 hours, the passengers can claim up to 600 EUR per ticket.
- In case of flight cancellation by Lao Airlines, the passengers can either cancel the ticket and demand a refund or they can opt for the next arranged flight by the airline.
- Lao Airlines would also provide food and beverage coupons to its passengers to compensate for the loss. In case the flight is delayed by more than 3 hours, one can also seek accommodation at the airport.
- It is to mention that if the flights are delayed due to some natural reason such as an airport incident, bad weather etc no compensation would be made.
- As per Lao Airlines cancellation policy, If the airline has sent the notice regarding the cancellation before 14 days of departure, it’s not subjected to any compensation.
- The compensation charges are not the same for every ticket. If you want to know about your compensation, you can do it by contacting the global support centre of Lao Airlines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Lao Airlines Cancellation Policy
Yes. As per Lao Airlines cancellation policy, the passengers can make any cancellations to their tickets without any trouble. If you have booked your tickets online, you can surely make the cancellations online.
Passengers who have bought non-refundable tickets need to contact the airline for the best solution possible. Although usually, the airline makes no refund but in some genuine cases, partial refunds are made.
The airline does not impose any cancellation charges if the cancellations are made within the risk-free period. However, the airline does impose a small fee of 50 USD if e-tickets are issued by the passengers.
If the passengers have missed the 24 hours window, the airline would impose a certain charge as per the situation. To know the exact amount, you must contact the airlines directly.
According to the Lao Airlines cancellation policy, if the airline cancels the flight it gives you 2 options. You can either cancel the flight and ask for a refund or you can take the next alternative flight as arranged by Lao Airlines.
The refund usually proceeds as soon as the passengers make the cancellations. It takes approximately 7 to 14 days to reflect the refund into the bank account. If you have made the payment via a credit card, the airline would initiate the refund right away.
If the tickets were purchased via cash or cheque, the airline would reach out to you to know about your desired mode of refund.