Last-minute situations do not give any notification before knocking on your door. If you are oscillating between taking the flight or not, go through the flexible Malindo Air cancellation policy. The rules are crafted to save you from trouble while cancelling any flight and feature the best solution for a refund. Why surfing through the internet when you can find all your cancellation related queries in one place? This guide will walk you through the Malindo Air cancellation policy in a crisp and short way.
Malindo Ticket Cancellation Policy
If need be, the passengers can cancel their flight ticket in Malindo Air without any hesitation. Summing up the basic rules for ticket cancellation below:
- Malindo Air cancellation policy is way more flexible than several other airlines. The passengers have the liberty to cancel their tickets for a small fee if the cancellations are made within 72 hours from the departure of the flight.
- Passengers who have bought tickets under Promotional Fares would not be able to cancel their ticket and claim a refund. However, the passengers can make a claim for a tax refund which shall be made by the airline.
- Tickets bought in Economy Value, Economy Flexi, Business Promo and Business Flexi can be refunded with a minute cancellation fee. Restrictive fare rules might be applied by the airline.
- In case of bookings done in a group, the airline demands the passengers to enter the PNR number and name of the passenger whose ticket has to be cancelled. A small Malindo Air cancellation fee would be levied on the cancelled ticket.
- If a passenger has taken travel insurance, they can attach the insurance policy to cancel their tickets for free. The booking of the flight must be done at least 7 days before departure.
- Tickets purchased from agents cannot be cancelled via the official website of Malindo Air. The passengers must contact the agents for any cancellation related issues.
Malindo Air Cancellation Fees
Malindo Air flight cancellation charges are subjected to the passengers who miss out on the free cancellation window. Passengers are charged differently as per their type of destination (domestic or international).
Cancellation Fees For International Flights-
- Tickets bought to/from Malaysia can be cancelled by paying 300 RM, the cancellation has to be made at least 72 hours from the departing time.
- Passengers travelling to Vietnam can cancel their tickets by paying a small fee of 60 USD if the cancellation is made 72 hours before the departure.
- Passengers travelling to/from Thailand have the liberty to cancel their tickets by paying a small fee of 2000 THB per ticket. The cancellation must be made 72 hours before the departing time.
- Tickets for/to Taiwan can be cancelled by paying a small amount of 3000 TWD per ticket, the cancellation must be made 72 hours before the departure of the flight.
- Sri Lanka
- Passengers travelling to/from Sri Lanka can cancel their tickets at a small fee of 56 USD per ticket. The cancellation must be made within the span set by the airline that is, 72 hours before the departure.
- Tickets bought for/from Singapore can be cancelled at a fee of 100 SGD for every ticket. The passengers must try to make the cancellations within 72 hours.
- Passengers holding a valid ticket to/from Pakistan can cancel their tickets by paying 63 USD to the airline.
- The tickets have to be cancelled at least 72 hours before the departure of the flight.
- Tickets bought for/to Nepal can be cancelled by paying a small sum of 10000 NPR to the airline, the cancellations must be made 72 hours from the departure time.
- Cancellations for Myanmar tickets can be done in 60 USD, the time span for cancellation still remains 72 hours from the departing hours.
- Passengers willing to cancel their tickets to/from Japan would be levied a fee of 10,000 JPY if the tickets are cancelled before 72 hours of departure.
- Tickets bought for/to Indonesia can be cancelled by paying 600,000 IDR per ticket.
- Passengers flying to/from India can make the cancellations by paying 6000 INR if the cancellations are made within the given span of 72 hours.
- Hong Kong
- Tickets for/to Hong Kong can be cancelled at a small rate of 600 HKD for every cancellation. A refund would be initiated only if the tickets are cancelled 72 hours from the departure of the flight.
- Cancellations for/to China are allowed at a fee of 600 CNY, the tickets must be cancelled at least 72 hours before the flight departs.
- Passengers travelling to/from Cambodia can make the cancellations by paying 60 USD to the airline, cancellations have to be made 72 hours before the flight takes off.
- Tickets to/from Bangladesh can be cancelled by paying 60 USD to Malindo Air. The airline has set a strict policy of 72 hours cancellations which every passenger must abide by.
- Passengers flying to/from Australia can cancel their tickets by paying 150 AUD per ticket.
Cancellation Fees For Domestic Flights
- Passengers buying a ticket in Business, Flexi or Value class can cancel their tickets by paying a small fee of 300 RM for every cancellation made.
- Tickets bought in Shuttle can be cancelled by paying a mere 150 RM per cancellations.
- Any ticket under the Super Saver class would not proceed forward for a refund. The passengers cannot cancel a ticket bought under this class.
Malindo Ticket Air Refund Policy
Missing out on the flight fare refund is practically the greatest nightmare for travellers. The airline is aware of the value of money and has jotted down the best Malindo Air cancellation policy for refunds.
- If the passengers have completed the procedure of “Online check-in” they are not eligible to have any refund from Malindo Air. The airline would provide the refund in 30-90 working days.
- Refunds for every ticket would be initiated as per the class of travel, the type of travel, destination travelled and the date at which the ticket is cancelled.
- The tickets must be cancelled 72 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight in order to receive a refund from the airline.
- Passengers who do not board the flight after checking in would not be provided with any refund. In this situation, a no show will apply in which only the tax amount would be refunded in the form of travel vouchers.
- Refund requests made on medical grounds must have proper documents or medical reports attested. The medical certificate or letter must be given by a registered doctor.
- In case of double booking, the passengers can send proof of both the payments made to Malindo Air. After verification, the airline would refund the amount of lower flight fare. The request must be made within 24 hours of booking.
- The involvement of any third party clearly denies the role of Malindo Air in making the refunds. The passengers shall contact their agents directly.
- Passengers who have bought travel insurance can make Malindo Air ticket cancellation anytime they want without having to pay the cancellation fees.
- In order to apply for online refunds, the passengers can go to the official website dealing with cancellations and refunds.
How to Cancel Malindo Air Tickets
A good airline is known for taking care of its diverse passenger base. Every traveller is different and so is their desire to cancel the tickets which is why Malindo Air has a myriad of ways to cancel the tickets. Malindo Air cancellation policy requests to make the cancellation in the source of booking to ditch any hassle.
Malindo Air Online Cancellation
- Visit the official website of Malindo Air https://www.malindoair.com/
- Click on the manage booking option visible at the top left side of the homepage.
- You would be redirected to a new page dealing exclusively with cancellations.
- Enter your Reservation code (PNR Number), ticket number, name, contact details and reason for cancellation.
- The flight details would be fetched on the screen, providing a vivid term and condition column to go through.
- Now that you have gone through the rules and are still willing to make the cancellation, press on the “Cancel My Booking” option.
- Voila! The bookings would be cancelled. Make sure to fill out the refund form and attach the required documentation to support your cancellation reason.
- The airline would send you a cancellation confirmation along with the refund confirmation on your provided contact details.
Steps To Cancel Your Ticket Via A Call
Not willing to make the cancellation online? Do not worry as the airline has got more ways to cover you. Follow these simple steps to make the cancellations by calling Malindo Airline.
- Dial the Malindo Air service centre as per your location
- A customer support executive would be assigned to you who will help you out in the cancellation process.
- You must tell the reason for cancellation to your executive in detail.
- The executive would then check your eligibility for the cancellation and a refund. You must send the proof as suggested by the executive to seek a partial or a complete refund.
- Cancellations would be made in a jiffy when you have followed the Malindo Air cancellation policy. A small service charge would be applicable while taking assistance from the professionals.
Instant Cancellation At Malindo Air Ticket Centre
Running out of options is no more an option, especially while talking about cancellation ways in Malindo Air. If the given two ways does not seem like a piece of cake, cancelling the tickets face to face most definitely would.
- Walk down to the nearest Malindo Air ticket centre.
- Find an executive who would address your query and help you out.
- Describe the reason for cancellation, make sure to take the proof of certificate or any document that supports the cause.
- The executives would thoroughly go through the documents provided and check your eligibility for a refund.
- If you have cancelled the ticket by following Malindo Air cancellation policy, your refund would be initiated right after the cancellation.
Malindo Air Cancellation Rules
- Once you have marked your arrival by the “Online check-in” option, the airline would not initiate any refund even after the cancellation.
- If the airline delays its flight or cancels it, you can claim for a full refund or hop in the next alternate flight sent by the airline.
- No show fee comes into action when you fail to board a flight after successfully booking it. As per Malindo Air cancellation policy, you would not receive any refund in this case.
- Cancellation charges would be subjected as per the destination, time of cancellation and several other factors. Failure in paying the cancellation fee might result in a zero refund.
Frequently Asked Questions: Malindo Air Cancellation Policy
Yes. Following the Malindo Air cancellation policy, the passengers would be able to cancel their tickets for free if they are cancelling it before 72 hours from the scheduled departure of the flight.
The airline provides a number of ways for cancellation. If you wish to do it online, you can simply visit the official website and proceed with the cancellation. Offline cancellation is further done in two ways- via a call or by visiting the ticket counter of Malindo Air.
If you have bought your ticket from the agents, the airline is not responsible to make any cancellations in that case. You must directly approach your agent for any modification, cancellation or refund related issues.
If your flight has been cancelled by the airline, you do not need to worry about it. Malindo Air provides two options to in case of any delay or cancellation, you can either claim a 100 percent refund right away or take the next alternative flight sent by the airline.
You can also make a convenience claim in which the airline pays 500-750 USD for the trouble it has caused. If you are buying any food or accommodation at the airport, you can seek a reimbursement for that by sending in the bill or by contacting the ground staff.
Last minute cancellations are treated differently. Cancellation charges majorly depend on the air fare, while some tickets are allowed to be cancelled 2-3 hours before the flight departs, some cannot be cancelled at all.
You can check the type of ticket and read the terms and conditions while booking your tickets.
I buy return ticket from pakistan travelling to kuala lampur
I want already fly from pakistan but i wnat to change my return flight
I want to change the date after 2 month
Should i need to pay any charges
I have economy class ticket