Rwandair cancellation policy makes it easier for the passenger to cancel the flight, thus helping passengers to retain the value of the ticket.
In this post, we will guide you with the cancellation rules that you need to know before booking the Rwandair flight. If you’re holding an existing reservation, we have covered the refund guidelines, the cancellation fees, and what it takes to cancel the Rwandair booking.
Rwandair Flight Cancellation Policy
As per the Rwandair cancellation policy, the cancellation request is applicable on all fare types, and class of service booked. Add to that, the other cancellation rules include –
- Within 24 hours of purchase, cancellation is permitted for a full refund.
- In the event of flight cancellation or any disruption, you can reschedule a flight to a new travel date, or destination or claim a refund on the unused part of the booking.
- The airline permits the flight cancellation up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Some fares are not eligible for cancellation under any circumstances, such as Military fare, promotional fares, discounted fares, etc.
- If passengers cancel the flight 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure, 25% of the booking value and a minimum of 50 USD each way would be charged.
- If cancelling the flight from 72 to 24 hours before departure, 25% of the booking value and a minimum of 100 USD each way would be charged.
- The airline cancellation fee remains the same for all fare types, and the class of service selected.
Rwandair 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per the Rwandair cancellation policy, the airline gives you a flexibility to cancel the flight within 24 hours of purchase provided that the departure date must be selected 168 hours in advance. This is how its works –
- You can change or cancel the flight booking by visiting the official airline’s page.
- When you cancel your flight the first 24 hours, here is what you need to know –
- If you cancel the flight, the airline will refund you the cost of unused tickets.
- If you change your flight, you need to pay any applicable fare difference. No cancellation fee will apply.
- The 24-hour cancellation applies to the tickets issued 24 hours from the date of booking.
- The airline will process the refund within 15 days and is refined in the same method of payment as originally used.
- The flight must be booked and is operated by Rwandair.
How to Cancel a Rwandair Flight Ticket?
You can cancel the flight either by visiting the airline’s website or by calling the airline’s customer service.
Cancel Rwandair Flight Online
You can cancel the flight booking through the Manage Booking section. Reservations that are purchased through the airline’s website are eligible for the online cancellation. The steps include –
- Visit rwandair.com, and go to the Manage Booking section to log into the flight confirmation page.
- Select the flight itinerary that you like to cancel.
- The airline charges a cancellation fee as per the fare rule, and is adjusted into the final refund balance.
- At the checkout page you will see the refund amount on the screen.
- Confirm your selection, and the airlines will process the cancellation.
- The auto-confirmation will be sent to the registered email address. The airline will process the refund within 15 business days in the original method of payment.
Cancel Rwandair Flight over the Phone
If you purchased the flight ticket through the airline’s ticket counter or through the reservation phone number, you can cancel over the call by contacting officials of Rwandair. A cancellation fee may apply.
Rwandair Refund Policy
As per the Rwandair cancellation policy, the passengers will get the refund either in the form of credit vouchers or through the same mode of payment that the reservation was purchased for. The other policies include –
- Reservations booked with miles will be credited back to the miles, and are subject to Rwandair cancellation fees. No taxes and fees will be refunded.
- According to Rwandair refund policy, passengers are not permitted to claim any refund if flight reservation is cancelled outside the validity period.
- You can re-route the flight date at least 7 days to departure. The fare difference between the old and new route, plus any tax differences are applicable. However if the cost of the new flight is lower than the previous one, no refund shall be claimed.
- Reservations purchased with a credit card will be processed back in the 7 business days and reflected in the card statement. Reservations made with cash or any other form of payment will be issued a cheque to the person who paid for the reservation.
- Rwandair flight cancellations for the Business Class reservation is permitted after the scheduled departure. The airline will charge 50% of the booking value as cancellation fee alongside the surcharge of 100 USD per person as the cancellation fee.
Rwandair Cancellation Fee
As per the Rwandair cancellation policy, the airline’s penalty is applicable on all fare types, and varies with the scheduled departure date, such as –
|72 hours before departure||25% of the booking value and a minimum of 50 USD each way||25% of the booking value and a minimum of 50 USD each way|
|72 to 24 hours before departure||25% of the booking value and a minimum of 100 USD each way||25% of the booking value and a minimum of 100 USD each way|
|Cancellation after the scheduled departure||Not Permitted||50% of the booking value and a minimum of 100 USD each way|
We all have a reason to change our plans at some point in time. If you discover that your plans have changed, then it is best to contact the airline as soon as possible. The airline may offer to return the ticket back to you and also refund the airfare. Rwandair has a very flexible cancellation policy, but it is not as easy as it sounds. There are certain rules of which you must be aware before you book your flights with this airline.