Smartwings cancellation policy is considered to be the most flexible in case of cancellations, especially considering that a minimum penalty is levied and you get your money back without any hassle.
This article gets you to know the important considerations and guidelines before you request the cancellation, the airline’s penalty for all fare types, how you can claim the refund on your existing reservation, and much more.
Smartwings Ticket Cancellation Rules
As per Smartwings cancellation policy, the cancellation is governed by the terms of the fare types in which they are purchased. Similarly, you should know the following cancellation guidelines before making the flight cancellation –
- Smartwings’s LITE and fares are non-refundable outside 24 hours of purchase. No refund is permitted if you have purchased any travel essentials with the booking. Only unused airport taxes and surcharges are refundable.
- FLEX fare is refundable after adjusting the 150 USD as a cancellation fee for flight segments that are unflown.
- If you have purchased a ticket other than the Smartwings and like to cancel your flight, you need to contact the original point of purchase for a refund.
- Smartwings cancellation will be governed by the terms and conditions agreed upon when purchasing the vacation package.
Smartwings 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per Smartwings cancellation policy, you have the right to claim a full refund without paying any airline’s penalty if –
- You request flight cancellation within 24 hours of purchase.
- And, the scheduled departure date must be at least 7 days ahead of the date of cancellation
- The reservation shall not contain more than 9 passengers
- The flight must not be purchased with the discount coupon, eGift card, reward miles, or any credit voucher.
Please note: Within 24 hours of purchase, you can also request a Smartwings flight change. Only the fare difference applies.
How to Cancel a Smartwings Flight?
The airline allows cancellation online by simply submitting the form. In addition, you can also cancel your flight by calling the customer service phone number.
Method 1: Cancel Flight Online
The airlines offer the facility to cancel the flight online without any hassles. All you need to do is fill out the refund request form by clicking here or through Smartwing’s official website. Once the form is completed, the airline will approach you at the registered contact number and proceed with the cancellation of your booking. A cancellation fee may apply.
Method 2: Cancel Flight over the Phone
You can simply call the airline’s representative through the Smartwings cancel flight phone number. An additional service fee alongside a cancellation fee would be applicable.
Method 3: At the Airport
You can also visit the Smartwings airline’s airport counter and cancel up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure. The airline does not allow cancellation after the departure of the flight.
Smartwings Refund Policy
As per Smartwings cancellation policy if the airlines cancel the flight, you will get the reimbursement of the amount equal to the ticket cost, if the ticket is not used. The other rules related to the Smartwings refund policy include –
- If the airlines cancel the flight and the ticket was partially used, you will get the reimbursement of the amount equal to the difference between the total ticket price and the fare for which the ticket is used.
- In the event of the death of the immediate family member, the airlines will refund the amount of ticket price without charging any additional fees.
- The airline is entitled to make a refund to the person who was named in the ticket or the person who paid for the ticket.
- You will get the refund in the same currency in which the ticket was booked.
- The airlines may refuse to provide the refund until the passenger or concerned person who paid for the ticket provides proof of payment.
Smartwings Cancellation Fee
The airline’s cancellation fee varies with the fare type. LITE and PLUS are restricted for cancellation. Thereby passengers can only request cancellation on these fares within 24 hours of purchase.
As per Smartwings cancellation policy, the airline does not allow cancellation after the scheduled departure, regardless of the fare type.
|Cancellation fee (in USD)||Not applicable||Not applicable||150 USD|
Smartwings cancellation policy is the most flexible in case of cancellations and according to the lowest cancellation penalty levied. You can claim your refund with total ease. As per the carrier’s cancellation policy, you can get your refund if you search for another flight that suits you and get confirmed on it. Also, if your departure time is changed, then also you can claim your refund.