Somon Air cancellation policy offers you the most reliable service when you decide to cancel your booking. The airline has straightforward cancellation rules that help you retain the value of the fare through a number of methods.
In this post, you can find out more about the airline’s cancellation rules, the refund restrictions, airline’s cancellation penalty, and much more.
Somon Air Flight Cancellation Guidelines
As per the Somon Air cancellation policy, the airline does not offer any cancellation, or refunds on any booking after the scheduled departure. The cancellation policy vary with the fare rules such as –
Somon Air Fly fare
- This is a non-refundable fare, and allows a cancellation within 24 hours of cancellation.
- Cancellation is applicable on the unused airport taxes, and administrative surcharges.
- The airline does not offer any refund except under the following circumstances –
- Death of a passenger.
- Medical reasons.
- Schedule change or flight delay for 4 hours or more.
Somon Air Fly Flex fare
- The airline allows flight cancellation up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- No cancellation is permitted after the scheduled departure.
Somon Air Flex fare
- In the event of flight disruption which is under the airline’s control, you may be able to change your flight or claim a refund on the unused portion of the flight booking.
- Passengers can cancel the flight up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure, and are subject to the airline’s cancellation fee.
Somon Air Plus fare
- It is the refundable fare that allows the flight cancellation before or after the light departure, and is subject to the airline’s cancellation penalty.
Somon Air 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per the Somon Air cancellation policy, the airlines can cancel the flight and claim a full refund if you cancel the flight within 24 hours from the date of booking. To claim a full refund, you need to fulfil the following conditions –
- The flight must be operated by Somon Air.
- The reservation must be booked through Somon Air’s official website, the airline’s customer service phone number, or through the airline’s booking counter at the airport.
- The departure must be selected 7 days or more in advance to get eligible for full refund.
How to Cancel a Somon Air Flight?
You can cancel the flight either by visiting the airline’s official reservation portal or through the airline’s customer service.
Cancel Somon Air Flight Ticket Online
In the event where you are holding a refundable fare or need to cancel the flight within 24 hours of purchase, you can cancel the flight online. The steps include –
- Visit somonair.com, and navigate to the My Trips section.
- Enter the six-digit booking reference alongside the last name of the passenger.
- After you access the reservation, select the flight that you like to cancel and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Once you cancel the flight, an auto-confirmation mail would be sent to your registered email. The refund would be issued in 20 business days.
Cancel Somon Air Flight Ticket through Phone
Any flight reservation that was purchased through offline channels or your flight has been cancelled by the airlines you can reach the executives of Somon Air via phone.
Somon Air Cancel Flight Compensation
As per the Somon Air cancellation policy, passengers are entitled for the rights in the following circumstances –
- When you’re denied boarding.
- Or , your flight is cancelled.
- Or, your flight is delayed, and operates later than the scheduled time.
Here is the overview of the passenger’s right due to cancelled or delayed flight –
|Complimentary Services and Compensation Rights||Between 15 Minutes and 1 Hour||Between 1 and 2 Hours||Between 2 and 3 Hours||Between 3 and 5 Hours||5 Hours and Over|
|Information about possible alternative travel options||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free phone calls with no time limitation||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Breakfast or meal in relation to the passenger’s waiting time||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
Passengers are entitled to claim the Somon Air cancel flight compensation amount below which is calculated according to the flight distance, and the trip type.
The below-mentioned table also includes the reduced compensation. The Somon Air flight cancellation compensation is reduced by 50% with respect to the actual arrival time at the final destination/stopover and the planned scheduled arrival time –
|Flights||Full Compensation (in USD)||Reduced Compensation flight duration||Reduced Compensation Amount (in USD)|
|International flights of 1,500 km or less||200||Flight arrives within 2 hours||100|
|International flights between 1,500 km and 3,500 km||300||Flight arrives within 3 hours||150|
|International flights between of over 3,500 km||500||Flight arrives within 3 hours||250|
|Flights within Tajikistan||100||Flight arrives within 2 hours||50|
Somon Air Refund Policy
As per the Somon Air cancellation policy, the refunds for unused e-tickets purchased on the airline’s website would be made exclusively to the cardholder’s account. The other refund guidelines include –
- The amount of the refund is determined by the fare conditions that are associated with the flight reservation.
- Full refund is applicable on all fare types and the class of service if made cancellation within 24 hours of booking.
- The eligible refundable amount will be remitted to the cardholder’s account within 3 to 20 business days after the flight cancellation request is processed.
- Refunds are granted at the point of purchase, whether through the airline’s ticket office or through the third-party travel agency.
- In the event of flight cancellation, delay or disruption, passengers have the right to claim the refund on the unused part of the booking as well as the compensation in relation to the passenger’s waiting time.
Somon Air Cancellation Fee
As per the Somon Air cancellation policy, the airline levies a flight cancellation outside the 24 hours of purchase, and is applicable as follows –
|Somon Air Fly fare||Somon Air Fly Flex fare||Somon Air Flex fare||Somon Air Plus fare|
|Cancellation outside 24 hours of purchase (in USD)||Not Allowed||100||50||Free|
|Cancellation within 24 hours of booking (in USD)||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Cancellation after the scheduled departure (in USD)||Not Allowed||Not Allowed||100||100|
What we can infer from the Somon Air cancellation policy is that if you have a change of heart after booking your flight, you do not have to cancel it. The airline will simply refund the amount to you. This seems lenient, especially when compared with other airlines in the world.
If you keep the tips in mind, then you can avoid the frustration of finding yourself with a cancelled trip.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Any flight reservation that was purchased through offline channels or your flight has been cancelled by the airlines you can reach the executives at Somon Air cancel flight phone number. In the event where you are holding a refundable fare or need to cancel the flight within 24 hours of purchase, you can cancel the flight online.
The airlines can cancel the flight and claim a full refund if you cancel the flight within 24 hours from the date of booking. To claim a full refund, the departure must be selected 7 days or more in advance to get eligible for full refund.
Somon Air Fly Flex and Somon Air Flex fare allows flight cancellation anytime before the scheduled departure. If you’re holding the Fly Flex fare, the cancellation fee would be 100 USD. The Flex fare cancellation charges would be 50 USD.
In the event of flight cancellation, delay or disruption, passengers have the right to claim the refund on the unused part of the booking as well as the compensation. In such circumstances, teh airline offer you three options –
Full refund or convert the amount into the future credit coucher.
Choose the alternate flight on the same day or anytime within 6 months from the date of cancellation.