It is always recommended that the passengers should check on individual fares rules when requesting a flight cancellation. This is how you should know how flexible your reservation is. With Tarom Airlines cancellation policy, you would be offered the proper cancellation procedures before canceling your flight.
In this post, we will cover all the regulations and guidelines that help you before a new reservation with the airline. If you’re an existing traveler, this also helps you find the refund policies, the cancellation fee, and much more.
Tarom Airlines Flight Cancellation Rules
As per the Tarom Airlines cancellation policy, except for the flight booked within 168 hours, all flight tickets can be voided and you can claim a full refund up to 24 hours after you booked the flight. The other cancellation rules you should know before requesting the flight cancellation –
- You can cancel your flight via the My Trip section or by calling Tarom Airlines reservation phone number.
- if it has been more than 24 hours since you booked your travel, you can change and cancel it online or call Tarom Airlines customer service which is subject to cancellation penalty.
- If you purchase the travel insurance, you may visit the airline’s website and cancel your flight without any fee. The unused portion of the booking value would be converted into the travel credit and can be used within 6 months from the date of cancellation to purchase a new flight ticket.
- If you cancel your booking, you will retain the booking value for 180 days in the form of single-use travel credit.
- No residual value can be retained by you after you purchased a new flight, and the price of the new flight fare is lower than the existing booking value.
- You need to cancel the ticket prior to the scheduled departure in order to retain the value.
Tarom Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per the Tarom Airlines cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their flights and claim a 100% refund within 24 hours of purchase provided that the departure date must be booked at least 1 week away while requesting the cancellation. You need to meet the following conditions to get eligible for the full refund –
- Only applies to the ticket booked via taromairlines.com, the airline’s ticket centers, the airport counter, or through customer service phone numbers.
- The 24-hour time frame begins when the 13-digit ticket number is issued.
- The policy does not apply to the group reservation and is subject to group contract.
- Re-issued bookings and any reservations booked with travel certificates are not eligible under the 24-hour cancellation rule.
How to Cancel Tarom Airlines Flight Booking?
You can cancel the Tarom Airlines reservation via the airline’s official website or through the customer service phone number.
Cancel Flight Ticket Online
You can access your booking online and cancel your reservation. The airline’s penalty may apply. The refund would be processed in 7-15 business days. Follow these steps to know more –
- Visit taromairlines.com and navigate to the My Trip section.
- Enter the booking confirmation details (booking reference and passenger’s last name) to retrieve the booking.
- Select the flight that you like to cancel. The actual refund amount would be displayed on your screen.
- You do not have to pay the cancellation fee upfront, rather adjusted from your booking value.
- After you hit the cancellation button, the airline will process the refund amount and is to be credited within 1 or 2 weeks from the date of cancellation.
Cancel Flight Ticket over the Phone
You can also take the help of the airline’s team by approaching them via Tarom Airlines reservation phone number, and cancel your booking. The airline’s cancellation fee will apply.
Tarom Airlines Refund Policy
As per the Tarom Airlines cancellation policy, you can only claim the refund on the unused part of the ticket. In addition, –
- The refund can be claimed by the person who is named on the ticket or the person who paid for the reservation.
- In case of a restricted fare, a refund is to be provided to the person who paid for the ticket.
- If the airlines cancel a flight or fail to operate a flight as per the schedule, you have the right to claim the refund on the unused portion.
- The airline is entitled to refuse a refund on your booking if the application is made later than 6 months after the expiry of the validity of the ticket.
- The refund is only applicable on the flight operated and marketed by Tarom Airlines only.
- If the reservation was booked with a credit or debit card, the refund would be credited in the original method in 1 or 2 billing cycles.
- The airline will pay a full refund of the booking value if the flight is canceled within 24 hours of purchase.
Tarom Airlines Cancellation Fee
As per the Tarom Airlines cancellation policy, all cancellation requests are subject to the airline’s penalty. However, the airline does not charge a cancellation fee if you cancel within 24 hours from the date of purchase. Outside 24 hours, the cancellation would be applicable on all fares offered by Tarom Airlines such as –
|Refundable within 24 hours of purchase
|Refundable up to 1 hour before departure
|Cancellation within 60 days of departure
|Cancellation outside 60 days before departure
The most important aspect of Tarom Airlines cancellation policy is that the passengers are offered a full refund for the canceled flights. Ultimately, this helps most travelers to resolve their issues without any doubt. However, the airline offers a few extensions and flexible policies for the passengers in case they need it on short notice.
We have tried to cover all the information you can possibly need before reserving a ticket. We hope that this will help you build an idea of what your reservation should look like. Tarom Airlines is among the most affordable low-cost airlines and there is no reason to avoid it entirely.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
How to cancel a flight on Tarom Airlines?
You can cancel the flight through the airline’s website or simply call the Tarom Airlines cancel flight phone number. Passengers would be liable for the airline’s cancellation.
Is there a cancellation fee for Tarom Airlines?
Yes, Tarom Airlines charges the airline’s penalty to cancel a reservation. However, the cancellation fee varies with the fare types as well the timeframe by which the passenger is canceling the reservation.
How to check if the flight is canceled with Tarom Airlines?
You can simply check the status of your booking and the scheduled departure under the My Trip section by logging in to your account on Tarom Airlines’ official website.
Can I cancel my Tarom Airlines flight within 24 hours?
Absolutely, passengers can cancel their flights and claim a 100% refund within 24 hours of purchase provided that the departure date must be booked at least 1 week away while requesting the cancellation.