Formally referred to as Thomson Airways, TUI is an airline providing services from the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom to North America, Asia, Africa and Europe. Seen to be one of the finest charter Airlines in the world, TUI carried approximately 11.8 million passengers in the year 2019. Headquartered in Luton, Bedfordshire, the airline has become people’s favourite due to its exemplary policy. TUI cancellation policy is quite easy and allows the passengers to make the modifications in the snap of a finger.
Apart from the world-class facilities and top-notch amenities, the airline has also taken over due to its relaxed rules. If you want to know more about TUI flight cancellation, go through the guide in detail.
Key Pointers For TUI Cancellation Policy
You can cancel your tickets in a jiffy while taking a flight with TUI Airlines. Unlike many other airlines, TUI makes sure to take an extra step for passenger comfort. So if you have booked your tickets with this airline, go through the highlights mentioned below to know more about it.
- According to the TUI cancellation policy, the passengers can make free cancellations to the tickets within 24 hours of purchase. The tickets must be purchased a significant time before the departure i.e 2-7 days.
- If the passengers fail to show up for their flight, the airline would take the entire amount as a TUI cancellation charge.
- If the passengers have purchased a non-refundable ticket, the airline would not allow the cancellation. The passengers would only get the tax imposed by the government and the airport.
- The passengers are advised to insure themselves against the financial consequences or in a condition where no-show applies. In this way, the airline would make some refund.
- Cancel TUI flights can be done in a number of ways. But if the passengers are looking for a laid back cancellation process, they must make the cancellation via the point of purchase.
- Ticket cancellations can be done up to 10 minutes before the departure of the flight. However, the airline would charge you for the same.
TUI 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Gone are the days when you had to worry about losing all your money while cancelling the tickets. You can simply make the cancellations and get all your hard money in a tap. TUI cancellation policy takes the 24 hours cancellation policy under its umbrella, providing leverage to the passengers.
- According to the 24 hours cancellation policy, the passengers can make free cancellations in the given span. The airline would not charge you a penny to do so.
- The 24 hours policy is different on every ticket. In some cases, the passengers can make free cancellations even before the departure of the flight. While in the other cases, the passengers cannot make free cancellations even within 24 hours.
- To apply for free TUI flight cancellation, the passengers must make the booking at least a week prior to the departure date.
TUI Cancellation Charges
If you failed to abide by the protocols set by the airline, you would have to bear the penalty as set by TUI. The cancellation charges are usually different for every ticket. The fee depends on the time of cancellation, destination etc.
- If the passengers are making cancellations after 24 hours, they would have to pay a TUI cancellation fee of 35 EUR per ticket.
- The airline would also impose a processing charge of 15 EUR in certain circumstances. The passengers would have to pay the fee without any fail.
- Please note that the fee might range between 15 EUR to 35 EUR, depending on the tickets. You can only get to know about your cancellation fee during the time of cancellation.
- TUI cancellation charges for international flights are usually higher than the cancellation charges for domestic flights.
- If you have insured your ticket, you can make a free cancellation up to 10 minutes before the standard time of departure.
TUI Cancellation Refund
All the sweat that we give for cancellation is eventually for the refund, isn’t it? Well, in the case of TUI, the passengers can leave the worry station behind and onboard the hassle-free flight.
- TUI cancellation policy mentions that if the passengers make any cancellation on time, they are entitled to a 100 percent refund.
- TUI flight refund is only initiated when the passengers have filled out the refund form after making the cancellation. The refund form can be filled out up to a year from the date of booking.
- As per the TUI refund policy, the passengers would receive their refunds somewhere around 7 to 14 business days. The airline would automatically process the refund.
- The reimbursement would be made in the same way a passenger purchased his/her flight tickets. If the payment was made via a credit card, the amount would reflect in the same way.
- Any ticket purchased via cash or cheque can take some time. In this scenario, the passengers would be approached by the airline to give their desired bank details.
- Please note that the refund would only be made on the refundable tickets. If the passengers are purchasing non-refundable tickets, only the tax amount would be refunded to them.
How to Cancel TUI Flights In Different Ways?
The huge passenger base has made TUI one of the most giving airlines of all time. There are several ways in which you can cancel. Whether you want to do it from the comfort of your home, or you want to visit the airport to get it done by a professional. Check out the different ways to make the cancellations without any hassle.
TUI Flight Cancellation Online
One out of three options, cancelling the tickets online is probably the easiest way to go about it. If you are someone who does not rely on others to make the changes, we highly recommend you cancel in this way. The airline has crafted the easiest way possible for the passengers.
- Visit the official website of the airline at https://www.tui.co.uk/flight/
- On the top right side of the page, you can see the “accounts & booking” section. Enter your booking details.
- Click on the “change booking” option once you’ve allowed the airline to retrieve passenger details.
- Enter your Departure date, booking reference number and last name to fetch your flight details.
- Press on the “Login to your booking” section.
- The airline would display your flight. You can look out for the cancel booking option as soon as you are navigated to the new page.
- If you are sure about the cancellation, press the “cancel my booking” button.
- As soon as you save the modifications, the cancellations would be confirmed. You would receive a confirmation regarding the same.
- Make sure to fill out the refund form right after the cancellation. TUI would proceed with the refund as per the TUI cancellation policy.
TUI Flight Cancellation Via A Call
If making the cancellations online isn’t your cup of tea, you can opt for making them offline via calling. You would receive professional help from the executives to make the cancellations in a hassle-free way. If you are thinking to proceed with this procedure, here’s how you can go about it-
- Dial the global contact centre of TUI Airlines at +1-844-673-0381.
- An executive would be assigned to you who will help you out in the cancellation process.
- Tell your PNR number, departure date and name so that they can fetch the flight details.
- They would check your cancellation and refund eligibility and tell you about the same.
- As soon as you approve, the cancellation would be made as per the TUI cancellation policy.
- Request your executive to fill out the refund form as soon as the cancellation is done.
Cancel TUI Flights At The Airport
Time travel might not be possible but a timeless experience sure is. While taking a flight with TUI Airlines, the passengers would always feel it. In case you did not find the above-mentioned ways comfortable, you can also visit the airport to cancel your tickets. Just go through the steps mentioned below to proceed with airport cancellation.
- Visit the ticket centre of TUI at the standard airport.
- Look out for an executive who would assist you in the cancellation process.
- Mention your details so that the executives would help you out in the best way possible.
- Carry a document to support the cancellation if possible. The executives would cross-check the details and find the best possible solution for you.
- They would re-check if you wish to make the cancellations. If you have agreed to it, the cancellation would be made in a snap.
- Request the executives to fill out the refund form as per the TUI cancellation policy.
TUI Flight Cancellation Compensation
Breaking the rules is going to levy some penalty on the passengers as well as the airline. In any case, the airline does not wish to bring discomfort to its passengers. However, some conditions are not in the hands of TUI and might call for an emergency situation. The airline takes care of the passengers and compensates for the inconvenience.
- If the TUI flight cancellation takes place within 14 days from the standard date of departure, the passengers can claim up to 600 EUR per ticket.
- However, if the flight is replaced by the same flight arriving at the same flight and destination, the passengers are not entitled to demand any compensation.
- If the cancellations are made due to some extraordinary circumstances that are not in the airline’s hand, no compensation shall be made. The special conditions might include bad weather, incidents at the airport etc.
- The passengers would be provided with food and beverages to keep passengers happy. In some cases, the airline also provides accommodation at the airport for the passengers.
- In any case of delay or cancellation, the passengers usually have 2 possible options. They can either cancel the ticket and take a 100 percent refund right away or take the next alternative flight arranged by TUI Airlines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): TUI Cancellation Policy
Yes. As per the TUI cancellation policy, the passengers can make free cancellation to their tickets within 24 hours of booking. In some cases when the passengers have purchased a non-refundable ticket, it might not be possible for the airline to allow the cancellation. Make sure to contact the airline to find the best solution possible.
Although causing any discomfort is the last thing on the list of TUI Airlines, however sometimes the situation gets out of hand. In this case, the passengers would be compensated in the best way possible.
TUI flights cancelled as a result of bad weather or some airport incident. If the airline cancels a flight on its own, it’d compensate in the best way possible.
TUI refund policy mentions that the passengers would get the refund within 7 to 14 days of the cancellation. In some cases, the passengers might receive their refunds early while in others, the process might take a bit of time.
Make sure to fill out the refund form right after you have made the cancellations. The refund would only be initiated when the passengers have filled out the refund form.
If the airline cancels the flight within 14 days from the date of departure, the passengers can claim up to 600 EUR for the inconvenience caused to them. According to the TUI cancellation policy, if the flights are cancelled due to some extraordinary reason, no compensation would be made.
The cancellation charges differ in TUI Airlines. The fee mainly depends on factors such as the destination, type of tickets and the time of cancellation. If you wish to know your accurate cancellation fee, you must directly reach out to the airline for the same.