For passengers planning a trip with Tui Airways, it’s important to know their cancellation policy. Whether you need to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances or simply change your travel plans, understanding the rules and regulations can help you avoid any unnecessary fees or complications on flight cancellation.
We’ll take a closer look at Tui Airways’ cancellation policy and provide you with all the information you need to make informed decisions about your travel plans.
- What are the Key Pointers For TUI Cancellation Policy?
- How Does Free Cancellation Work With Tui Flex?
- Does Tui Airways Allow 24-Hour Cancellations?
- What is Tui Airways No Show Cancelation Policy?
- How does the cancellation work for the Tui Holiday Package?
- How Does Tui Airways Cancellation Works For All Packages Offered?
- How to Request Tui Cancellation?
- How does Tui Airways handle cancellations, flight delays, and denied boarding?
- What are the Guidelines Under TUI Refund Policy?
- How much are the TUI Cancellation Charges?
What are the Key Pointers For TUI Cancellation Policy?
There are no refunds available if any ticket holder misses or cancels their flight, as per Tui flight only cancellation policy. The other terms and conditions include –
- If a traveler decides to cancel their booking or fails to show up for their scheduled flight, they will be responsible for paying the full price of the booked trip. In such cases, no refund will be provided to the passenger.
- Passengers can cancel their holiday and receive a cash refund equivalent to the amount they paid in the form of travel credit.
- TUI reserves the right to cancel flights due to unforeseen circumstances. For instance, if the flight gets canceled due to unforeseen circumstances including staff shortages, technical failure, and adverse weather conditions.
- If you choose not to use your outbound flight, it will not automatically result in the cancellation of your inbound flight. However, you need to inform Tui Airways if you will not be using the inbound flight.
- In the event that you fail to check in on time, the airline has the right to cancel your booking and deny boarding. In such cases, you will not be eligible for a refund.
How Does Free Cancellation Work With Tui Flex?
Passengers booking a vacation package will be able to request the Tui Flex cancellation for free. No tui cancellation fees would be levied, provided –
- Your holiday must include TUI Airways flights.
If you are unable to proceed with your holiday, TUI Flex allows you to cancel your booking. Provided the cancellation is made up to 28 days before your scheduled departure date.
- TUI Flex extends its coverage to all passengers included in the booking.
- Besides, passengers can also request –
- Free Tui Airways Flight Change. Only one change is allowed.
- Request Tui Airways name change for free.
- TUI Flex can be booked alongside your holiday if you are scheduled to travel between 1st November 2022 and 31st October 2024.
Note – TUI Flex can be added to your booking if your departure date is more than 90 days away from the date of booking.
Does Tui Airways Allow 24-Hour Cancellations?
No. The airlines haven’t mentioned anywhere about flight cancellations within 24 hours of purchase. For more updated information, contact Tui Airways Customer Service.
What is Tui Airways No Show Cancelation Policy?
According to TUI Airways’ cancellation policy, if a passenger fails to show up for their booked flight, the price of the booked trip is payable and no refund will be paid.
How does the cancellation work for the Tui Holiday Package?
In order to cancel your vacation, it is important to notify Tui Airways promptly.
Cancellation entails a termination fee, which includes the airline’s administrative expenses. The fee is determined by the timeframe in which you inform the airlines about the cancellation relative to your holiday’s start date.
Tui cancellation fees would be levied in the form of a percentage of the overall cost of your vacation booking.
|How long before your holiday you cancel||Percentage of Your Holiday Price|
|70 days or more||Loss of deposit|
|69 – 63 days||30%|
|62 – 49 days||50%|
|48 – 29 days||70%|
|28 – 15 days||90%|
|14 – 0 days||100%|
If the airline cancels holiday – If Tui Airways cancels a holiday, the passenger has the option to receive a refund or accept an alternate holiday package of similar services and cost.
How Does Tui Airways Cancellation Works For All Packages Offered?
Below is the overview of Tui Cancelation Policy for all the flights and holiday packages provided by the airlines –
|Type of Holiday||Cancellation Policy|
|Tui Holiday Package||Tui cooling off period up to 14 days prior to departure where no cancellation fees would be levied.|
|Lakes & Mountains holidays||Tui cooling off period up to 14 days prior to departure where no cancellation fees would be levied.|
|Twin center holidays||Tui cooling off period up to 14 days prior to departure where no cancellation fees would be levied.|
|Group bookings||Passengers need to call the airline directly for cancellation policy details.|
|Weddings abroad||Passengers need to call the airline directly for cancellation policy details.|
|Merella Cruise Holiday||If you cancel between 14 and 0 days before your holiday, a termination fee of 100% of the total holiday price will be charged, meaning you will have to pay the full amount without any refund.|
|Flight Only Booking||Tui cooling off period up to 14 days prior to departure where no cancellation fees would be levied.|
How to Request Tui Cancellation?
There are several ways in which you can cancel. Whether you want to do it from the comfort of your home, or you want to visit the airport to get it done by a professional.
TUI Flight Cancellation Online
One out of three options, canceling the tickets online is probably the easiest way to go about it. If you are someone who does not rely on others to make the changes, we highly recommend you cancel in this way. The airline has crafted the easiest way possible for the passengers.
- Visit the official website of the airline at https://www.tui.co.uk/flight/
- On the top right side of the page, you can see the “Manage My Booking” section. Select the ‘My Booking’ page.
- Enter your Departure date, booking reference number, and last name to fetch your flight details.
- Press on the “Login to your booking” section.
- The airline would display your flight. You can look out for the cancel booking option as soon as you are navigated to the new page.
- If you are sure about the cancellation, press the “cancel my booking” button.
- As soon as you save the modifications, the cancellations would be confirmed. You would receive a confirmation regarding the same.
- Make sure to fill out the refund form right after the cancellation. TUI would proceed with the refund as per the TUI cancellation policy.
TUI Flight Cancellation Via A Call
If making the cancellations online isn’t your cup of tea, you can opt for making them offline via call. You would receive professional help from the executives to make the cancellations in a hassle-free way. If you are thinking to proceed with this procedure, here’s how you can go about it-
- Dial the global contact center of TUI Airlines.
- An executive would be assigned to you who will help you out in the cancellation process.
- Tell them your PNR number, departure date, and name so that they can fetch the flight details.
- They would check your cancellation and refund eligibility and tell you about the same.
- As soon as you approve, the cancellation would be made as per the TUI cancellation policy.
- Request your executive to fill out the refund form as soon as the cancellation is done.
Cancel TUI Flights At The Airport
Time travel might not be possible but a timeless experience sure is. While taking a flight with TUI Airlines, the passengers would always feel it. In case you did not find the above-mentioned ways comfortable, you can also visit the airport to cancel your tickets. Just go through the steps mentioned below to proceed with airport cancellation.
- Visit the ticket center of TUI at the standard airport.
- Look out for an executive who would assist you in the cancellation process.
- Mention your details so that the executives would help you out in the best way possible.
- Carry a document to support the cancellation if possible. The executives would cross-check the details and find the best possible solution for you.
- They would re-check if you wish to make the cancellations. If you have agreed to it, the cancellation would be made in a snap.
- Request the executives to fill out the refund form as per the TUI cancellation policy.
How does Tui Airways handle cancellations, flight delays, and denied boarding?
As per Tui flights cancellation policy, If Tui Airways cancels a flight, fails to operate it as scheduled, misses the destination stop, or discontinues a route, the airline offers the following options:
- Alternative flight at no additional cost, along with extending the validity of their ticket if necessary. If the fare for the new route is lower, the price difference will be refunded.
- Provide a full refund of the ticket cost.
- Arrange a return flight to the initial point of departure at the earliest opportunity.
Denied boarding – In case of denied boarding where previously confirmed space is unavailable, Tui Airways will compensate passengers according to applicable laws.
Flight delay – Depending on the circumstances where your flight schedule is delayed for 3 hours or more, you may be eligible for Tui Airways flight delay compensation.
Below is the overview of the flight delay compensation. The amount is calculated based on the length of the delay and the flight distance from point A to point B.
|Flight Distance Category||Compensation Amount|
|For flights under 1,500 km||£220 or 250 Euros|
|For flights distance between 1,500-3,500 km||£350 or 400 Euros|
|For flights distances between 1,500-3,500 km||£520 or 600 Euros|
How do you claim flight delay compensation – To claim flight delay compensation, you can follow these steps –
- Before requesting the claim, you need to keep copies of your boarding pass, e-ticket, or any other relevant documents as proof of travel.
- Reach out to Tui Airways directly to inform them about the flight delay and your intention to claim compensation.
- Fill out Tui Airways’ compensation claim form. The form is available on the website or you can simply click this link. Include all relevant information, including your flight details and reasons for the claim
- Maintain a record of all communication with Tui Airways regarding your claim.
If there are any further delays or issues in processing your claim, follow up with the airline to inquire about the status.
What are the Guidelines Under TUI Refund Policy?
As per the Tui flight refund policy, the following conditions will apply –
- All tickets issued for flights operated by our airline are non-refundable. In other words, no refunds are available if any ticket holder misses or cancels their flight.
- If a Contingency Business Order (CBO) is issued to you while you have existing travel arrangements booked, the airline will process Tui cancel flight and provide a refund of any payments made.
- In the event where airline cancels a flight or fails to operate a flight according to the scheduled time, or discontinues a particular route, the airline will offer –
- If no portion of the ticket has been used, we will refund an amount equal to the fare originally paid.
- If a portion of the ticket has been used, the refund will be calculated as the difference between the fare paid and the fare applicable to the segments already flown.
- Refunds will be issued using the same payment method and currency that was used for purchasing the ticket.
How to request a refund with TUI? – To request a refund with TUI Airways, follow these steps –
- Visit the TUI Airways website or refer to your booking confirmation to understand the airline’s refund policy.
- Reach out to TUI Airways customer service directly to initiate your refund request.
- Provide the required information about your booking and reasons for requesting a refund.
- Explain clearly why you are entitled to get the refund.
- Provide any supporting documentation, such as medical certificates or travel insurance claims.
Make sure to keep copies of all communication, including emails, reference numbers, and receipts.
How to check the refund status with Tui Airways? – Navigate to “Manage My Booking”. Enter the booking details. Once you have accessed your booking, look for a specific section related to refunds or the status of your refund. Alternatively, you can also speak to the TUI Airways customer service representative.
How much are the TUI Cancellation Charges?
As per Tui flights cancellation policy, the airline charges the entire booking amount as a cancellation fee.
Passengers who decide to cancel their booking or fail to show up for their scheduled flight, are obligated to pay the full price of the flight booking. A 100 % of the booking cost would be levied as Tui cancellation fees. However, only taxes would be refunded –
- Taxes can be reimbursed upon the traveler’s written request, within a maximum of three months from the date of cancellation or no-show.
- A fixed administrative cost of €35 would be deducted from the claimed taxes as a refund.
Note – The aforementioned Tui Flight cancellation policy and fees would be applicable only for Tui Fly Belgium Route.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Yes. As per the TUI cancellation policy, the passengers can make free cancellations to their tickets within 24 hours of booking. In some cases when the passengers have purchased a non-refundable ticket, it might not be possible for the airline to allow the cancellation. Make sure to contact the airline to find the best solution possible.
Although causing any discomfort is the last thing on the list of TUI Airlines, however sometimes the situation gets out of hand. In this case, the passengers would be compensated in the best way possible.
TUI flights cancelled as a result of bad weather or some airport incident. If the airline cancels a flight on its own, it’d compensate in the best way possible.
TUI refund policy mentions that the passengers would get the refund within 7 to 14 days of the cancellation. In some cases, the passengers might receive their refunds early while in others, the process might take a bit of time.
Make sure to fill out the refund form right after you have made the cancellations. The refund would only be initiated when the passengers have filled out the refund form.
If the airline cancels the flight within 14 days from the date of departure, the passengers can claim up to 600 EUR for the inconvenience caused to them. According to the TUI cancellation policy, if the flights are canceled due to some extraordinary reason, no compensation would be made.
The cancellation charges differ in TUI Airlines. The fee mainly depends on factors such as the destination, the type of ticket, and the time of cancellation. If you wish to know your accurate cancellation fee, you must directly reach out to the airline for the same.
If you do not show up for your scheduled flight without prior notice, you will typically lose the entire value of your ticket.
It is recommended to contact Tui Airways directly in order to claim the refund for your booking.
The Tui Airlines website doesn’t specify anywhere about the Tui 24-hour cancellation policy. It is advisable to contact Tui Airways for precise information.
If you miss a Tui flight, you may not be entitled to a refund or compensation.
You should reach out to Tui Airways’ customer service and explain your situation. They will provide you with the necessary documentation acknowledging your non-appearance for the flight.
It is recommended to contact Tui Airways directly to understand their cancellation process and any applicable fees.
The time it takes for Tui Airways to pay compensation for flight delays or cancellations can vary. Depending on your case, it may take weeks or months. It is advisable to reach out to Tui Airways’ customer service.
The policy outlines the terms and conditions regarding canceling flights, holidays, or other travel bookings.
To check if your Tui flight is canceled, you can visit Tui Airways’ official website and enter your flight details in the “Manage My Booking” section.
If you cancel your TUI holiday package, you may lose a percentage of your flight ticket cost. Tui cooling off period up to 14 days prior to departure where no cancellation fees would be levied.
The duration may vary. It is recommended to contact Tui Airways’ customer service for specific information regarding their refund timeline.
Tui Airways’ amendment fee may vary depending on the nature of the changes and the specific booking.
Access your booking through Tui Airways’ official website and navigate to “Manage My Booking” to manage your vacation package booking.