Gone are the days when we had to fuss over the flight cancellation and run for a refund. Serving a wide range of passengers worldwide, Vietnam Airlines has taken an extra step to provide an exemplary trip to its passengers. With a flexible Vietnam Airlines cancellation policy, you can make the cancellation in the snap of a finger.
The following guide consists of every detail related to Vietnam Airlines flight cancellation policy. Some key highlights of the flexible cancellation policy are mentioned below.
- Cancellation in Vietnam Airlines must be done via the source of booking to avoid any hassle. If the booking was done online, the cancellation has to be done online.
- As per Vietnam Airlines Cancellation Policy, the airline would only cancel the refundable tickets. If the passengers are buying non-refundable tickets, they would face a no show and cannot seek any reimbursement for the flight fare.
- If the passengers have done a group booking and wish to cancel out individual tickets, they can enter the relevant details for that ticket. The airline would refund the amount depending on the criteria and number of tickets cancelled.
- If the passengers are choosing any agents for booking their tickets, they can directly contact them to cancel the Vietnam Airlines ticket. The airline is not responsible to make the cancellations for those tickets.
- Vietnam Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
- Vietnam Airlines Cancellation Fees
- How To Cancel Vietnam Airlines Flight?
- Cancel Flight Ticket Vietnam Airlines Online
- Cancelling Vietnam Airlines Ticket Via The App
- Step By Step Instruction To Cancel Vietnam Airlines Ticket Via A Call
- Cancelling Vietnam Airlines Flight Ticket At The Airport
- Vietnam Airlines Cancellation Compensation
- Vietnam Airlines Refund Policy
Vietnam Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Getting a knock on your door from an emergency? Open the gate without any worries. Vietnam Airlines 24 hours cancellation policy sets the airline apart from several other airlines. Read along to find more about the minute details.
- Vietnam Airlines Cancellation Policy states that passengers may cancel their tickets without any charges within 24 hours of booking. The ticket has to be purchased at least 7 days before the departure date.
- In case of missing out on the free cancellation window, the passengers would have to pay the fee as per Vietnam Airlines cancellation policy. The charges would be calculated based on hours.
- The 24 hours policy does not apply to every ticket. In some cases, the airline does not provide free cancellation even if it is done within 24 hours.
Vietnam Airlines Cancellation Fees
If the passengers do not fill out the Vietnam Airlines cancellation form within a day they would have to pay a small fee. The cancellation fee is charged to maintain the smooth functioning of the airline.
- Missing out on the free cancellation span would require the passengers to pay a 4 per cent service charge on the ticket amount. The service charge is mandatory and would be applied per tickets.
- If the tickets have been done in a group, the charge would be applied on the cancelled ticket and not on the entire amount. The passengers must separate the ticket that needs to be cancelled.
Cancellation Fee For Domestic Flights
- If the passengers are cancelling the tickets 24 hours before the departure time, they would have to pay 30 USD. The airline has the right to apply a surcharge if the need be.
- If the cancellations are made 24 hours after the flight has departed, it would be considered as a no show and 50 USD would be charged. A surcharge fee would be applied in this case.
- Tickets bought under “Special Fare” is non-refundable. The entire amount for the ticket would be taken as a cancellation charge. Zero refund shall be initiated in this case.
- Tickets for children under 2 years of age can be cancelled by paying 10 percent of the ticket for adults. Age from 2-12 years is charged 75 per cent of the adult ticket price.
Cancellation Charges For International Flights
- The passengers will have to pay 50 USD if they wish to make the cancellations 24 hours before departure time. 50 USD is for the passengers who bought the ticket at the market fare.
- Passengers who bought the tickets under “Soto Fare” would be required to pay 60 USD to cancel their tickets. The tickets must be cancelled 24 hours before the standard time of departure.
- Cancelling the tickets 24 hours after the departure demands a fee of 75 USD. The cancellation fee is for the passengers who booked their tickets at the Market Fare.
- Passengers with a Soto Fare ticket would not be able to cancel their tickets after the flight has taken off. The entire ticket fare shall be taken as a penalty without the initiation of reimbursement.
How To Cancel Vietnam Airlines Flight?
Think of all the possibilities that an airline can provide to make the cancellation process hassle-free, Vietnam Airlines has it all. There are simply too many options to proceed with the cancellation. All you need to do is to go through the mentioned ways and find the perfect one for you.
Cancel Flight Ticket Vietnam Airlines Online
With the advent of digitisation, everything started appearing easier even booking and cancelling flight tickets. You can make the cancellations with a tap and save yourself from trouble. Online changes can be made in this way-
- Browse through the official website of Vietnam Airlines.
- You would be able to see a Manage Booking section in the centre of the homepage, click on it.
- You would have to enter the ticket number and last name as per your ticket.
- Click on the search button. A “cancel segment” option would pop up on your screen.
- You would be navigated to a different page. Read the terms and conditions before cancelling your ticket.
- Press on the cancellation button. Fill out the refund form if you want to avoid the last-minute hassle.
- Make sure to attach documentation to support the cancellation.
- You would receive a cancellation update on your email ID and contact number.
Cancelling Vietnam Airlines Ticket Via The App
If you have booked your tickets online, you probably have the app for the airline. This is the easiest way to cancel your ticket with a tap. Follow through to find out how.
- Download the app for Vietnam Airlines.
- Log In using your email address and password.
- Tap on the “My Bookings” section click on the cancellation button.
- Enter a valid reason for cancellation and fill out the refund request at the same time.
- Your cancellation would be made and a refund would be initiated right away.
Step By Step Instruction To Cancel Vietnam Airlines Ticket Via A Call
Satisfaction comes differently to different people. If you are someone who wants to take professional help, no worries. Vietnam Airlines cancellation policy allows you to dial the office and get your ticket cancelled.
- Give a call at Vietnam Airlines office.
- Speak to an executive regarding the reason for cancellation. Be as elaborative as possible.
- Tell your PNR number and name to the executive to fetch the flight details.
- The executive would check the eligibility and inform you whether you can make the cancellations or not.
- If you pass the eligibility, you would have to pay a small service fee to make the cancellation.
- Ask the representative to help you with the refund right away.
Cancelling Vietnam Airlines Flight Ticket At The Airport
Nothing beats the old school approach for making the bookings and cancellation. Run along the process to cancel your ticket directly at the airport.
- Visit the ticket centre of Vietnam Airlines at the airport.
- Look out for an executive who will assist you throughout the cancellation.
- Provide your flight information to the customer support executives.
- If you have taken any document to support the cancellation, give it to the executive. They would tell you about Vietnam Airlines cancellation charges if any.
- Request them to make the cancellation and fill out the refund form.
Cancelling the ticket in this way would require you to pay an amount of 30 USD regardless of the free cancellation span.
Vietnam Airlines Cancellation Compensation
Do not worry if the airline is cancelling your ticket due to some reason. The cancellation compensation is amazing and would not upset you at any cost.
- If the flights are cancelled by the airline, the passengers can seek a complete refund or opt for the next alternative flight. If the flight is delayed by more than one hour, you would get a free drink and beverage.
- If the airline is delaying the flights between 2 to 6 hours, you would get a free meal and as many drinks as you desire. If the flight delay lasts more than 6 hours, you would get accommodation from the airline.
- The airline would try to notify you about any delay or cancellation at least 24 hours before the departure time. In case of any sudden cancellation, you can claim the amount of your ticket and opt for the next flight.
- If the delay is made due to any reason that cannot be controlled by the airline, you cannot seek compensation. However, you can enjoy free drinks, meals and the next flight.
Vietnam Airlines Refund Policy
Having a limited refund policy is nothing less than a nightmare. Vietnam Airlines has tried to walk an extra mile and provide as much flexibility in the refund process as possible.
- As per Vietnam Airlines cancellation policy, the passengers can seek a full refund if the tickets are cancelled within 24 hours of booking. The bookings must be made at least 7 days before the date of the flight.
- The refund can be sought in several ways, both online as well as offline. You can either visit the official website or cancel it via the app, online. Offline cancellations can be made either by calling or by visiting the ticket centre.
- Vietnam Airline refund request form must be filled along with proper documentation to support the reason for cancellation.
- Tickets bought at “Special Fare” is non-refundable. The passengers would not be able to cancel their tickets and receive a refund for that. Soto Fare can be refunded however charges may apply.
- If the cancellations are made after 24 hours, the cancellation charge would be deducted from the refund. The charges are calculated per hour, it will keep increasing with every passing date.
- The refund would reflect in the bank account within 7 to 20 business days as per the type of ticket. Domestic refunds are usually made faster than international refunds.
- Payments made via credit card would receive the refund in the same way. If the passengers booked their tickets via cash or cheques, the airline would approach them for the refund initiation.
- Cancellation and refund depending on the time of cancellation. The passengers would not receive any refund if they have cancelled their tickets after the flight has departed.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Free cancellation depends on Vietnam Airlines cancellation policy. If you are making the changes within 24 hours of booking, you can do it for free. The cancellation charge would start from the 25th hour of booking the ticket.
If the airline cancels your flight, you can either opt for a full refund or take the next alternative flight as sent by the airline. The airline will constantly provide you with meals and beverages to compensate for the trouble.
If your flight has been delayed by more than 6 hours, the airline would also give you free accommodation.
The cancellation charge depends on the fare type, the destination and the time of cancellation. Usually, the airline levies a fee of 30 to 60 USD depending on the condition.
Yes. Vietnam Airlines is one of those airlines that values your health and safety over anything. Frequent sanitisation and social distancing are followed to keep the deadly virus at bay.
The passengers have to have a COVID test 2 days before travelling to take the flight. Sanitisers and masks are mandatory, the airline also provides face shields for protection.