Viva Air cancelation policy offers the most seamless and flexible cancellation and offers quality benefits as compared with the other airline.
In this post, we will cover the airline’s cancellation rules and guidelines that every passenger needs to consider before booking. Add to that, we have also covered the airline’s cancellation fee, the workflow that you need to follow when the airline cancels the flight, and much more.
Viva Air Cancellation Guidelines
As per the Viva Air cancelation policy, you can cancel the airline’s reservation online by contacting the Viva Air reservation desk, through an online reservation portal, and by visiting the nearest Viva Air ticket office in your city. Before cancelling your reservation or if you are purchasing a new booking, you should remember that –
- You can cancel your flight 24 hour from the date of purchase if you’re holding a basic fare. However, if you’re holding a Medium or Full fare, you can cancel up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- The Full fare allows flight cancellation after the scheduled departure and is subject to a no-show fee.
- You can cancel the domestic flight up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure and international flight up to 3 hours.
- The airline does not allow the cancellation after you have completed the check-in except for the Full fare.
- In case, you do not cancel the flight and do not travel, your ticket remains no longer valid, and you cannot claim any refund on the booking value.
- If your flight originated from Columbia, the airline does not offer online cancellation and needs to be canceled at the airport counter. The refund would be processed in the form of cash only.
Viva Air Cancellation 24 Hours
As per Viva Air cancelation policy, if you made a booking through vivaair.com, you can get a full refund if you cancel within 24 hours of purchase. The Viva Air 24 hour cancellation is only available on the airline’s website. All you need to do is –
- Enter the last name and booking reference on the airline’s website.
- Instead of using the standard refund form, use the 24-hour cancellation refund tab.
The other important information includes –
- If you wish to request the Viva Air flight change instead of cancellation, you can do so via the Manage Booking section.
- Please do not fill out the refund request form if you’re making a flight cancellation within 24 hours of purchase.
- In case, you cancel the flight outside 24 hours, the relevant Viva Air cancellation fee may apply.
How to Cancel a Viva Air Flight Ticket?
To cancel the flight, the airline does not offer online cancellation. Rather, you can cancel the flight through the airline’s call centre, the Viva Air counter, and the boarding gate.
Cancel Viva Air flight Ticket through Phone
You can cancel the flight by calling on the Viva Air flight cancellation phone number at +1-844-673-0381. A cancellation fee, as well as a handling fee, may apply.
Cancel Viva Air Flight through Counter
You can cancel your flight airline’s booking counter at the airport. You can cancel the flight upto 3 hours for international flights, and up to 2 hours for domestic flights.
Cancel at the Boarding Gate
Only Full fare tickets can be cancelled last minute and are subject to a 200 USD airline cancellation penalty per person per booking. In this case, you have to cancel the Viva Air check-in, and then ask the airline to change the ticket status to ‘Open’ to get eligible for flight changes or refund.
Viva Air Refund Policy
As per the Viva Air cancelation policy, you can request a full refund up to 24 hours after booking a flight, and the flight must originate to and from the United States. The scheduled departure date must be at least 7 days away at the time of cancellation, in order to get qualified for the full refund. The other refund guidelines include –
- In case of non-refundable fares, only airport taxes and fees would be refunded on the unused flight segment.
- If a reservation has more than one passenger, payments will be shared and a refund will be given to the passenger who demands it.
- A partial or full refund applies when a reservation is impacted by operational, or security reasons, due to causes attributable to our airline. A refund would be applicable to the unused portion of your flight booking.
- If the passenger or his/her companion traveller dies, the immediate relative/family members have the right to obtain a full refund by producing proof of a family connection.
- As per Viva Air refund policy, any refund for the bereavement reasons must be submitted within 30 days of the scheduled departure date.
- If you miss the flight connection, the airline offers a refund for the entire reservation, and not per route. In this case, the airline does not offer a refund on the administrative taxes and fees.
Viva Air Cancelled Flight Policy
As per the Viva Air cancelation policy, if your flight is delayed or cancelled, or you have denied boarding, you’re entitled to get the refund on the unused parts as well as the cancelled flight compensation. In addition –
Re-scheduling – If your flight is delayed for three or more hours, or has been cancelled, the airline offers to book an alternate flight to your destination, subject to availability.
Viva Air cancel flight refund – Your flight may get delayed for security reasons. However, if it gets delayed for 3 or more hours or cancelled, and you refuse to continue to travel, you have the right to claim a full refund on the unflown portion of the ticket, as per the Viva Air refund policy.
Entitlement to care – If you have been informed of flight delay or cancellation less than 12 hours before the departure time, and you have already waited 2 hours after the scheduled departure ta the airport, the airline will offer you the following –
- Meals and refreshment in relation to the passenger’s waiting time.
- Internet access and the free international calls
- Hotel accommodation if the affected flight has a red-eye schedule.
- Airport transfer
Viva Air Cancel Flight Compensation
As per the Viva Air cancellation policy, due to any situation which is within the airline’s control your flight is delayed for 3 or more hours or cancelled, you have a right to receive the Viva Air cancelled flight compensation unless –
- You are not holding a confirmed reservation
- You are informed of flight delay or cancellation at least 15 days before the scheduled departure.
- Your flight was delayed or cancelled due to safety purposes or government travel restrictions.
- If you have already offered an alternate flight and arrived at your final destination or stopover within 2 hours from the original arrival schedule.
- If you fail to submit the claim within 1 year of the flight delay or cancellation.
The Viva Air flight cancellation compensation is calculated based on your arrival time at the final destination or stopover.
- 200 USD for delays at arrival between 2 and 4 hours
- 325 USD for delays at arrival between 4 and 6 hours
- 500 USD for delays at arrival beyond 6 hours.
Viva Air Ticket Cancellation Fee
As per the Viva Air cancelation policy, the cancellation penalty varies with each fare type and is applicable outside the 24 hours of booking a flight.
|Base Fare||Medium Fare||Full Fare|
|Cancellation Fee||Not Applicable||100||150|
|No-Show cancellation||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||200|
In a nutshell, Viva Air cancelation policy is overall smooth and flexible. It closely followed the Aviation guidelines, which indicates that it is in line with government regulation. The airlines also offer benefits to their passengers, such as allowing them to change the flight time and date through rebooking fees.
For those who need to take a flight on Viva Air with a budget, it’s always a good idea to make sure that you are well informed about the airline’s cancellation policies and procedures. This way, you can have a smooth trip when everything is planned out in advance.