When a child travels alone, the Saudi Airlines unaccompanied minor policy takes every step to ensure the child’s safety, comfort and positive travel experience.
Explore the Saudi unaccompanied minor service which offers features like trackable device, complimentary lounge access for the kids, priority boarding and check-out, and Saudi escort for your child through the travel.
In this post, we will understand what are the age restrictions, parent’s and airline’s liabilities, documents and services fee requirements before booking an unaccompanied minor travel service on Saudi Airlines.
- Age Restrictions for Minors Traveling Alone with Saudi Airlines
- Saudi Airlines’ Responsibilities Under the Unaccompanied Minor Service
- Parents Responsibilities Under the Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Required Documents for Traveling Alone on Saudi Airlines
- How to Book a Reservation for Unaccompanied Minors with Saudi Airlines?
- Unaccompanied Minor Fee for Saudi Airlines
- FAQs Related to Saudi Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Age Restrictions for Minors Traveling Alone with Saudi Airlines
Saudi Airlines minor policy says that children who are traveling alone and have turned 5 but have not yet turned 12 or who are not being accompanied by a traveler who is at least 16 years old. The other age restriction include –
- Children under the age of five who are unaccompanied will never be allowed to travel.
- Children from 5 to 12 are not permitted unless they are accompanied by an adult who is at least 16 years old.
Saudi Airlines’ Responsibilities Under the Unaccompanied Minor Service
The number of airline’s staff on any given flight operated by a Saudi Arabian airline may not be exceeded by the maximum number of unaccompanied children transported on the same flight. IN addition –
- All unaccompanied minors flying with Saudi Arabian Airlines must have written permission to travel from their parents or legal guardians.
- Before flying with interline or codeshare airlines, the consent from the participating carrier must be obtained.
- When there is a substantial chance that an unaccompanied child holding reservations won’t make a flight connection and will need to stay the night because of schedule anomalies, Saudi Arabian Airlines may not allow the unaccompanied minor to travel.
- As soon as the Unaccompanied minor is handed over to the airline’s staff, the airline assumes complete responsibility for him or her.
- An airline’s staff will personally lead the unaccompanied minor to the aircraft in order to guarantee that they will be safely passed to one of the flight attendants.
- The aircraft attendant will deliver the UM to the contracted ground handling upon arrival. This staff will look after the unaccompanied minor until the appropriate escort/parents designated on the Saudi Airlines unaccompanied minor form it up.
Parents Responsibilities Under the Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Unaccompanied Minor will be accompanied to the airport of departure by the parents or legal guardians. The parents who would be dropping off or picking, their name must be mentioned in the unaccompanied minor form. In addition –
- The parents/legal guardian provides all travel-related documentation to the handling or supervisor agent in question. After the child is already departed, one of the parents must remain at the airport for at least 20 minutes.
- After the flight arrives at the destination point, the child is handed over to the greeting parents/legal guardians whose name is mentioned on the form.
Required Documents for Traveling Alone on Saudi Airlines
As per the Saudi Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, a child traveling alone must produce the following documents –
- For the child to travel to and from Saudi Arabia, a proof of permission from one or both of his or her parents or legal guardians must be provided in the form of a letter or affidavit.
- A letter from the greeting parent/legal guardian receiving the minor in Saudi Arabia, providing his or her residential address and contact details where the child would be residing.
- A copy of the identity or valid passport along with visa or permanent residence permit of the individual.
- Contact information for the child’s legal guardian or parents.
How to Book a Reservation for Unaccompanied Minors with Saudi Airlines?
To determine the eligibility and book a reservation for the unaccompanied minor, you must contact the Saudi Airlines customer service. You need to request the Saudi unaccompanied minor travel up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
When you book a flight over the phone make sure to pay the Saudi Airlines unaccompanied minor fee, and the reference number will be provided. This reference number is needed to make any change or cancellation to the Saudi Airlines reservation.
Unaccompanied Minor Fee for Saudi Airlines
Saudi Airlines unaccompanied minor fee of 250 USD each way per child would be levied for travel within Saudi Arabia and outside. The fee would be applied in addition to the adult ticketed fare –
- A 250 USD fee is mandatory for children aged between 5 and 12 years of age.
- Parents whose child is between 12 and 15 years of age may choose to enroll in the program.
- A fee can be paid one-way or round-trip depending upon the travel. It can be paid in advance at the time of booking over the phone or at the time of check-in.
Here’s is the overview of the Saudi unaccompanied minor travel cost for each age group –
|Children age at the time of unaccompanied travel||Travel permitted/restricted||Fees (in USD)|
|4 years and younger||May not travel alone, must be accompanied by 16 year old adult||Not applicable|
|5-12 years||Travel on direct as well as connecting flights||250 each way per child|
|13-15 years (optional)||Travel on direct as well as connecting flights||250 each way per child|
The journey of your beloved child with Saudi Airlines will be smooth and pleasant by availing the unaccompanied minor service. Take a printout of the documents checklist and have it prepared to hand over to the airline representative at the airport. The Saudi Airlines unaccompanied minor service is available on all sectors which includes the Saudia domestic flights too. It is only applicable to the children below 12 years of age who have successfully completed their compulsory immunization and are not exceeding the 7-year limit as per health requirements.
FAQs Related to Saudi Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
A Saudi Airlines flight attendant will escort your child on board before general boarding begins. This will allow –
Introduce child to the crew staff
Give a tour to your child in the cockpit.
Take your child to his/her seat and assist them with the hand luggage.
Educate your child with the safety features of the aircraft.
Give a tour to your child of the lavatory location.
Pro trip – When the plane lands, tell your child to stay in their seat because a flight attendant will come escort them when it’s time to disembark.
No. Since only ticketed passengers are permitted admission, you will be requested to say goodbye in the terminal. In the case that the flight returns to the gate, we do ask that you remain in the gate area until the child’s plane takes off.
Your child will be accompanied by the flight attendant. If your child has a quick connection, the airline personnel will take them straight to the connecting departure.
If your child has a longer layover, the staff member will take him or her to a secure area like the Saudi Business lounge before handing over to the next Saudi Airlines staff member until it’s time to board the connecting flight.
Yes, Saudi Airlines unaccompanied minor policy has been resumed for the flights outside Saudi Arabia. However, there are certain restrictions on travel and are subject to individual country requirements or travel with codeshare airlines.