Headquartered in Olbia, Sardinia, Air Italy was a privately owned airline in Italy. Initially started with a small base, in the year 2019, the airline was reported to be the second most preferred airline in the country and 40th best airline in Europe. The airline is known for its exemplary services and its laid back rules, the best out of which is the Air Italy cancellation policy.
If you are tired of scrolling through the web to search for cancellation related details, do not worry. We will try to walk you through the Air Italy cancellation policy details so make sure to run through the pointers in detail.
Air Italy Flight Cancellation Policy: Key Highlights
Cancelling a flight is the only nightmare while planning for a trip. However, if the passengers are booking a trip with Air Italy, they do not have to be worried about anything. The airline has prepared the easiest and most comfortable way out for the passengers in case of any emergency.
- As per the Air Italy cancellation policy, the passengers can cancel their tickets within 24 hours for free. The tickets must be booked at least a week before the standard time of departure.
- Air Italy refund would be initiated if the passengers have cancelled the tickets within 24 hours. If they fail to cancel the tickets within the given time frame, they would have to pay a small fee as demanded by the airline.
- Air Italy cancel flights can take place in any way but the passengers must always try to cancel the source of booking. The cancellation process is usually smooth when it takes place in the same way as booking.
- If the passengers have made dual bookings, the airline would allow them to cancel the booking with lower airfare for free. The cancellation can take place up to 72 hours before the departure of the flight.
- Air Italy refund shall only be made if the passengers have purchased a refundable ticket. In the case of non-refundable tickets, the passengers must contact the airline for the best solution possible.
- As per the Air Italy flight cancellation policy, if the passengers are involving any agents in the process, they must directly reach out to the agents to make any cancellations.
Air Italy 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Imagine how hard it would be without any 24 hours cancellation policy. Sounds scary, doesn’t it? The 24 hours cancellation policy is quite literally the savior for passengers. If you are someone who isn’t sure about taking the flight, do not worry. You can take the help of this policy to make any cancellations without any issues.
- Air Italy cancellation policy takes the 24 hours cancellation rule under its umbrella. The passengers can make free cancellations within 24 hours for free.
- The bookings must be done at least 7 days before so that the airline has enough time to accommodate the modification. If the passengers have not made the booking a week prior, they might not be able to apply for a complete refund.
- The 24 hours policy depends on the type of tickets purchased. If a passenger has bought insurance, they do not need to worry about the 24 hours risk-free cancellation policy.
Air Italy Refund Policy
Air Italy cancellation policy does not cause any discomfort to the passengers who are cancelling their tickets. The refund process is quick and ensures a smooth experience even while emergencies. If you are making cancellations, make sure to check out these pointers for refund related issues.
- The passengers are entitled to claim a 100 percent refund if they are cancelling their tickets within 24 hours when the ticket is booked at least 7 days before the departure date.
- Passengers who have booked their tickets online can directly make the cancellations for free. However, if the passengers are booking their tickets offline, they would have to pay an administrative fee of 20 USD.
- The passengers must fill out the refund form right after cancelling their tickets. Although the airline does provide a window of 1 year from the booking date to fill out the refund request.
- The refund usually takes around 7 to 12 business days to reflect in the accounts of the passengers.
- The refund amount is reflected in the source account of the passengers. Meaning, if the passengers have paid via a credit card, the amount would reflect in the credit card itself.
- Please note that if the amount was paid via cash or cheques, the airline would reach out to you to know about your bank account.
- The refund shall only be made for the refundable tickets. In any non-refundable ticket involvement scene, it is advised to reach out to the airline for the best options available.
Air Italy Cancellation Fee
It would not be appropriate to only expect leverages without any limitations, would it? Although Air Italy tries its level best to stretch its rules to as convenient as possible. However, if the passengers try to violate the rules, they would have to face proper consequences for it.
- If the cancellation is not made within the risk-free cancellation period, the Air Italy cancellation fee would be implied per ticket.
- The cancellation fee varies with different factors such as the time of cancellation, the mode of cancellation, the destination and type of tickets purchased (that is, domestic or international)
- The airline charges an administrative fee of 20 USD to make the cancellations offline. A handling fee of 20 USD might be applied to the tickets as well.
- If the passengers have insured their tickets they would not have to pay any fee even while cancelling their tickets at the end moment. If you wish to know about the insurance amount, you can reach out to the help centre of Air Italy.
Different Ways To Cancel Flight on Air Italy
At the end of the day, we all want comfort while travelling. The more options the airline provides, the more the passenger base is seen to be. Air Italy provides three ways to cancel your tickets.
Air Italy Cancel Flight Online
Making cancellations is as simple as tapping on your screen and there it is, done! Sounds easy, right? Well, yes. The passengers can enjoy booking and cancelling their tickets from the comfort of their couch. Below is how one can proceed with the cancellations via the web.
- Open any server of your choice and visit the official website of Air Italy https://www.airitaly.com/.
- You can choose the language which you like
- You can now see a “My Bookings” section on the top part of the home page.
- Now that you have clicked on the flight option, enter your booking reference number and your last name.
- Click on the search button.
- You would be able to see your flight details on the screen.
- You can now cancel your tickets when you have finally logged in.
- Fill out the refund form if you want to get the amount for the unused trip.
- Voila! The cancellation would be made in these simple steps, you would receive a notification on your email ID and contact number regarding the same.
Cancel Flight On Air Italy Via Call
Time travel might not be on the list but timeless experience most definitely is. If making the cancellations online is not your cup of tea, the Air Italy cancellation policy works equally great in this way too.
- The airline is known for its executives who excel in their problem-solving skills.
- The passengers need to give a call at +1-855-284-6735 and talk to an executive about the cancellation process.
- They would need to tell the booking reference number and last name to the executives.
- The executive would then check the eligibility of the passengers before proceeding with the cancellation. They would also tell the passengers about their status to confirm the cancellation process.
- After the passengers have confirmed the cancellation, the executives would make it. Make sure to request the executives to fill out the refund form right after the cancellation process.
- Voila! The cancellation would be made and a new ticket would be released to your given mail ID or any other contact details.
- The passengers would have to pay a little administrative fee when the changes are made with the assistance of an executive.
Cancel Your Air Italy Ticket At The Airport
Offline cancellations can be made in two ways, the other way is by walking down to the airport. If you like to book and modify your ticket in the most reliable way possible, this is the best way to move forward with it.
- Walk down to the ticket centre and seek help from an executive.
- The executive would ask you for your booking reference number and name to retrieve the flight details.
- Explain the reason for the cancellation to your executive before you forward the cancellations. Carry a document if possible.
- The executives would go through your eligibility and tell you about the cancellation charges and the refund. You can mark the confirmation if you want to move forward with the cancellation.
- The cancellation would be made and the refund shall be initiated by the airline as per Air Italy cancellation policy.
Air Italy Flight Compensation
The best part about this airline is that it takes the end moment cancellation seriously. No matter if it’s from the side of the airline itself. If the airline is cancelling or delaying the flight at the end moment, it would compensate at its best to the passengers.
- As per Air Italy cancellation policy, if the flights are cancelled by more than 3 hours, the passengers have two options. They can either make cancellations and demand a refund or they can onboard in the next alternative flight of Air Italy.
- The airline would continuously provide food and beverages to compensate for the loss caused to the passengers. In some cases, the passengers can even ask the airline to provide them with accommodation at the airport.
- The airline would not compensate if the cancellations have been caused due to any natural reasons or reasons beyond the control of the airline.
- You can contact the airline to know more about the compensation on your ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Italy Cancellation Policy
Yes. As per the Air Italy cancellation policy, you can cancel your ticket if you have bought a refundable one. In case of non-refundable ticket cancellation, the passengers are requested to contact the airline to seek a refund.
Although the airline provides immensely relaxed policies, the passengers are not allowed to cancel their tickets in any way they want to. In order to cancel your tickets successfully, you must cancel them via the source of booking. Meaning, if you have booked your tickets offline, you can only cancel them offline. Passengers who bought their tickets online have the leverage to cancel their tickets both online as well as offline.
The Air Italy cancellation policy reads that in case of any third party involvement, the passengers must directly try to contact the source of booking. Although they can make the changes offline, they would be charged for the same.
Wanting to cancel your Air Italy ticket online? It’s quite simple. You need to visit the official website of Air Italy> sign in > visit the manage booking section > enter your booking reference number and name > click on ‘cancel my booking’ option > save the cancellation.
The Air Italy refund request must be made immediately after cancelling the tickets.
According to the Air Italy cancellation policy, you can cancel their tickets to Air Italy in two ways, if willing to do it offline. You can either call the contact centre of Air Italy at +1-855-284-6735 or they can directly visit the ticket centre at the airport.
Air Italy refund usually takes somewhere around 7 to 12 business days to reflect in your account. The refund would be initiated as soon as you make the cancellation and fill out the refund form. But the reflection depends on the type of ticket you have purchased.
Although causing discomfort to the passengers is the last thing the airline wants, sometimes the situation gets out of control. The passengers have two options in this case. They can either cancel their ticket and apply for a refund or they can simply wait for the next alternative flight as sent by the airline.
You would also provide you with food and beverages to compensate for the loss. In some cases, the passengers can also seek accommodation at the airport hotels.