There’s only one thing more heartbreaking than cancelling a trip and that is not getting any refund for your ticket. While seeking an escape with Austrian Airlines, we always like to keep a backup plan, for those situations you can enjoy the hassle-free Austrian Airlines cancellation policy.
Forget about any trouble and pack your bags for the best trip ahead as the airline has crafted golden policies for you. This is a thorough guide consisting of every detail regarding Austrian Airlines cancellation policy. So grab a notebook and jot down all the dos and don’ts to avoid any last minute trouble in your way.
Austrian Airlines Ticket Cancellation Policy
If any mishap knocks on your door, you can knock down the worry of cancellation and refund with an easy Austrian Airlines cancellation policy. Cancel your ticket in the blink of an eye, we have tried to sum up the entire cancellation related points in the easiest way possible.
- Flexibility is assured to the passengers while booking a flight with Austrian Airlines. Austrian Airlines cancellation policy gives the leverage to cancel any valid ticket for free within 24 hours of booking.
- Austrian Airlines refund shall only be initiated for the refundable tickets. If a passenger is cancelling a non-refundable ticket, they would not be reimbursed even if the cancellation is done within the given time slot.
- The tickets must be booked at least 7 days before the departure of the flight so that the airline has an ample amount of time to deal with the alterations.
- The passengers should avoid swapping the way for cancelling their tickets. Cancellations must be made via the point of purchase to ditch any trouble.
- Making mistakes is inevitable as long as we are humans. In case of double booking, the passengers can cancel one ticket, the airline would refund the amount of the ticket with the lower price.
- The airline does not provide any infant or pet discount on the cancellation charge. You would have to pay the entire amount to receive the refund.
Austrian Airlines Cancellation 24 Hours
Under the umbrella of Austrian Airlines cancellation policy, the 24 hours window provides the comfort of risk-free cancellation to its passengers.
- The airline gives a free cancellation window of 24 hours to the passengers. Any cancellation made within this time would be appreciated by the airline in the form of a full refund.
- The 24 hours policy does not apply to every ticket. The cancellation depends immensely on the fare type of the passengers. While some fare would allow you to make the changes at the last minute, some tickets would not allow free cancellation even within 24 hours.
- In order to avail of the 24 hours free cancellation window, the passengers must book their tickets at least a week before the standard date of departure.
How To Cancel Austrian Airlines Flight?
Provided with an ocean of options, the passengers can cancel their Austrian Airlines ticket in several ways. Read along to find out about all the options to cancel your ticket.
Step By Step Guide To Cancel Your Austrian Airlines Ticket Online
- Browse through the official website of Austrian Airlines.
- On the extreme right of the page, you can see the language option which will allow you to choose your native language.
- Login by entering your PNR number and name
- Now that the flight details are fetched, you can click on the “Manage Booking” section.
- Go to the “Flight Cancellation” option if you want to proceed forward with the cancellation.
- The airline would display the cancellation charge at the time of cancellation. Make sure to fill out the refund form in order to receive a refund from the airline.
- Cancellations would be made and a notification would be sent to your email ID and contact number regarding the same.
Cancelling Your Austrian Airlines Flight Via A Call
Not willing to make the changes online? No hurry! You can cancel your tickets by calling the help centre of Austrian Airline. Follow these simple steps to cancel your ticket like a pro.
- Dial at the local help centre of the airline to get assistance in your local language.
- An executive would be assigned to you who would help you in the cancellation process.
- The representative would ask you for the flight number and the PNR number to know about the flight. Describe the reason for making the cancellation.
- They would then check your eligibility and inform you about the cancellation charges (if any).
- If the payment has been done, the representative would successfully make the cancellations and fill out the refund form for you.
Cancel Your Austrian Airlines Flight Ticket At The Airport
Didn’t find the above mentioned ways convenient? Well, there’s always the last option to walk down to the airport and cancel your ticket in the most assured way possible.
- Visit the ticket centre of Austrian Airlines at the Airport.
- Wait till a customer support executive approaches you to assist you with the cancellation.
- Tell them your name and PNR number, make sure to explain the reason for the cancellation. You can even take the documents to support the cause.
- The executive would go through the situation and let you know about the charges implied for cancellation.
- As soon as you clear the eligibility, the airline would cancel your ticket and initiate a refund right away. You would have to pay a small service fee while taking professional help.
Austrian Airline Cancellation Charges
Austrian Airline is one of the most budget-friendly airlines with a tad lot of flexible policies. The airline takes every extra step for its passengers and expects the same in return. Failing to abide by Austrian Airlines cancellation policy would result in a small fine.
Cancellation charges during the summer season are as below-
- If you are cancelling your tickets a month before the departing date, the airline initiates a 100 percent refund without any cancellation charges.
- If the tickets are being cancelled 15 days before the departure, you would have to pay a 10 percent fine from the total airfare.
- If you are cancelling the ticket within a week or on the second day, you would be charged 20 percent of the fare.
- Cancelling the tickets on the same day or 1 day before departure would nullify the amount and create a no show. In this case, you would not receive any refund from the airline.
- The airline would charge 30 EUR if you have booked your ticket by availing of a discount at the time of booking. The cancellation charge would be subjected per segment regardless of the date of cancellation.
Cancellation charges for any other season not stated above-
- If you cancel the tickets a month before the given departure date, the airline would charge 10 percent of your fare.
- If you cancel your tickets 20 days before the flight departs, you would have to pay 25 per cent of the total fare including the taxes.
- Tickets cancelled on the 19th day or 10 days before departure would demand 50 percent of the total amount paid for the tickets.
- Tickets cancelled between the 9th to 4th days from the departure date subject to 65 percent of the ticket amount as cancellation charges.
- If you cancel the ticket 2 days before the departure date, you would have to pay 85 per cent of the ticket amount.
- If you are cancelling your tickets one day before the departure date, you would not receive any refund from the airline. Meaning a 100 per cent cancellation charge would apply.
Austrian Airlines Cancellation Compensation
Cancellation rules are strict for both the passengers as well as the airline. Austrian Airline cancellation policy is beneficial to the passengers in times of despair when the airline cancels a flight.
- If the airline cancels its flight by more than 4 hours, the passengers can claim a full refund by visiting the official website. Ground staffs are present to assist in case of any mishap.
- If the connecting flight has been cancelled by the airline, the passengers would get free accommodation, meals and a voucher for necessary items.
- The airline would also try to provide a free meal and class upgrade to the passengers who have faced cancellation of the previous flight.
- The passengers can seek reimbursement for the meals and accommodation if they have faced a delay in their long haul flight. Attach the receipt while seeking Austrian Airlines cancellation compensation, the airline will go through it and refund the amount.
- If the cancellation or delay is done due to some natural or unavoidable reason, the airline would not compensate any passengers.
Austrian Airlines Refund Policy
Making the cancellation in Austrian Airlines? Do it without worrying about any hesitation. The airline has a very laid-back refund policy and it values the hard-earned money of the passengers. Go through these points to further know the refunds.
- Austrian Airlines cancellation policy clearly states that you need to make the cancellations within 24 hours of booking to receive a 100 percent refund from the airline.
- If you have booked a round trip and are willing to cancel the ticket for one way, the airline would refund you the amount for one way and not for the round trip.
- Apart from the 24 hours policy, the refund also depends on the fare provision and the booking tariff.
- The refunds are made within 7 days if you have paid via a credit card. If you have paid via cash or cheques, you would have to wait for 20 days to receive the refund from the airline.
- Requesting for a refund can be done online as well as offline. You need to fill out a form and attach proper documentation supporting the cancellation to receive a refund.
Frequently Asked Questions: Austrian Airlines Cancellation Policy
Austrian Airlines cancellation policy gives you the liberty to cancel your ticket without paying any charges only when you have cancelled the ticket within 24 hours from booking.
Although the 24 hours policy is applicable for a wide range of audience, some tickets are not allowed to go through the cancellations at all. You can check the type of ticket during the time of booking.
If your flight has been cancelled by the airline, you would be provided with two options. You can either cancel your ticket right away and seek a full refund or you can opt to fly in the next alternate flight arranged by the airline.
If you have bought any meal or opted for any accommodation during the delay or cancellation, you can send the receipt and ask the airline to reimburse you for the same.
Yes. You can indubitably change your flight ticket while travelling with Austrian Airlines. The change policy is quite similar to the Austrian Airlines cancellation policy. Make sure to make the changes within 24 hours if you do not wish to pay for it.
Non-refundable tickets are not allowed to go through any change regardless of the free change window.
Initiation of the refund immensely depends on the source of payment. If you have paid via credit card, you would get the refund within 7 business days. If you have purchased an Austrian Airlines ticket via cash or cheque, you would have to wait for 20 days to receive the refund from the airline.
Yes. The airline is taking all the preventive measures to promote a safer flight during this disastrous time. Frequent sanitisation, social distancing and other procedures are followed to keep the spread of the virus at bay.