While booking your flight tickets, going through a tedious change process is the last thing a passenger has in their minds. An airline is recognised by its exceptional set of rules, Austrian Airlines flight change policy is exclusively crafted for the comfort of its passengers.
So if you are wondering about changing your aisle seat to window one or make the meal alteration as per your taste bud, read along. Ditch the hassle of surfing through different websites to find the change related issue. We have mentioned Austrian Airlines flight change policy in detail to save you from any trouble.
Austrian Airlines Ticket Change Policy: Key Highlights
A trip is meant to rejuvenate your mind and not suck out the fun by involving the nuisance of running here and there for making any alterations. Austrian Airlines has taken the steps to make the change procedure as smooth as possible.
- According to the Austrian Airlines flight change policy, the passengers can make all the changes within 24 hours for free. However, the ticket booking must be done at least a week prior to the departure date.
- There are a myriad of ways in which the changes can be done but the passengers must make the changes via the point of booking. Swapping the change procedure is strictly not allowed.
- If the passengers fail to abide by the time span set by the airline, they would have to pay a small fee to make the changes.
- In case of group bookings, the passengers can separate the name and PNR number of the ticket they wish to change and inform the airline. The charges would be on the individual ticket and not on the entire group tickets.
- If the price of the previous flight is lower than the new flight, the passengers would have to cover the difference to make the modifications.
- If the price for the new flight is lower than the old one, the airline would send the remaining amount in the form of a voucher. The voucher or the travel points can be used later.
- If any complimentary class upgrade is provided by the airline, changing the flight may not include the same service. The passengers do not have any right to claim a complimentary class upgrade.
- The airline does not charge any rebooking fee for infants (under two years).
Austrian Airlines Same Day Flight Change Policy
- The ultra-flexible Austrian Airlines same day flight change policy allows the passengers to make any relevant changes to their tickets without charging a penny if the changes have been made within the same day as the booking day.
- The tickets must be booked at least 7 days before the departure date so that the airline has enough time to accommodate the changes as demanded by its passengers.
- If you are changing the ticket after the free window, the passengers would have to pay a small fee as decided by the airline.
- All the tickets would not be allowed to avail of a same day flight change rule. 24 hours change window immensely depends on the airfare.
How To Change Austrian Airlines Flight Ticket?
Austrian Airlines has one aim which is to provide a timeless experience to its passengers. There are a number of ways in which you can make the changes in any way that suits you the most.
Change Your Austrian Airlines Ticket Online
There is no battle when it comes to one of the easiest ways to make the change. Change your tickets from the comfort of your couch with a tap. You would not have to pay any service charge while changing your ticket online.
- Visit the official website of Austrian Airlines. https://www.austrian.com
- On the top right side, you would be able to see a language option. Change the language to your native language.
- Click on the login option and enter the info to fetch flight details.
- Go to the Manage Booking section on the homepage of the airline.
- You can now enter your PNR number and Surname as per the ticket.
- Click on the continue option and go to the change/modify option.
- You can then make any desired change you want in the date/seat/meal etc.
- Save the changes you have made with Austrian Airlines.
- The airline will send you the new ticket with the changes that you have made. The ticket would be sent to your mail ID.
Change Your Austrian Airlines Ticket Via A Call
Not willing to make the changes online? Do not worry. You can now take professional help from Austrian Airlines’ customer care representative.
- Call the local office of Austrian Airlines.
- You would be assisted by a customer care representative. Make sure to elaborate on the change that you are willing to make.
- The representative would ask for your PNR number and flight number to fetch your flight details.
- They will check your eligibility as per the Austrian Airlines flight change policy.
- You will have to pay the change charge or the difference in the amount of your flight fare.
- As soon as you have made the payment, the airline would release a new ticket with new changes. A small service charge would be applied along with the change fee.
Change Your Austrian Airline Flight Ticket At The Airport
Make the changes in the old style way by walking down the airport. If you are someone who likes to take the reliable road, you can get face to face help from Austrian Airlines.
- When you have checked in at the airport, visit the ticket office of Austrian Airline.
- Wait till a representative approaches you to assist you in the change procedure.
- They would ask you for the information related to the flight to gain relevant information.
- Try to be very precise with the desired changes in order to avoid any trouble.
Changes would be made as per your eligibility. You might have to pay a change fee along with a service fee as mentioned in the Austrian Airlines flight change policy.
Austrian Airlines Ticket Change Fee
Every set of amazing leverages are backed by some rules that help in smooth functioning. Any changes made in the time other than the free change window demand a small fee.
- If you miss out on the 24 hours policy, you would have to pay the fee as demanded by the airline to make any relevant change.
- All the tickets would be charged a small fee of 30 EUR for rebooking along with the remaining amount between two flight fares.
- If you have bought a non-refundable ticket, you would not be able to make any changes. In this case, you would have to cancel your ticket and rebook a new flight.
- The cancellation charges depend on the destination, the type of travel (domestic or international), class of the ticket and several other factors which would be determined as per the situation.
- If you are taking the help of a customer service executive to make the changes, you would have to pay a small service charge. The service fee ranges between 10 to 20 EUR.
- If you have rebooked a ticket and willing to cancel it, the airline would not initiate any refund for the same. The condition would be considered as a show and the entire amount would be nullified.
- The change fee has to be paid in the same way in which you paid for ticket booking. Requesting the airline would allow you to pay in some other mode.
- Austrian Airlines domestic flight change fee is usually lesser than the international flights.
Austrian Airlines Date Change Policy
- The passengers are allowed to change the date on their tickets while travelling with Austrian Airlines. Date changes must be made at least 7 days before the departure date so that the airline can accommodate the request.
- Austrian Airlines change flight date fee would be applicable if the passengers miss out on the free change window. The difference in amount is charged along with the change fee.
- Date changes are only allowed if the airline has some seats left for the passengers. If the entire flight ticket is booked out, the changes would not be entertained.
- If the airline provided some complimentary facility of food and beverages for the previous flight, it can be cancelled while changing the dates. The passengers cannot demand the airline to provide the same facility.
Austrian Airline Name Change Policy
- Austrian Airlines flight change policy allows the passengers to change their names in case of any typing error. Changing the identity on the ticket and reselling it would not be possible.
- In order to change the name on a ticket, the passengers would have to send proper documentation to the airlines along with a letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Austrian Airlines passenger name change is not allowed for every ticket, the passengers need to check whether they are eligible to proceed with the alterations or not.
- The airline would not provide any discount for a name change. The charges levied on the passengers would have to be paid to make the changes.
Austrian Airlines Seat Change Policy
Changing the seat in Austrian Airlines is a piece of a cake. If you are someone who is very picky about the seating arrangement, do not wait up. Follow through the pointers to know more about seat change.
- The airline will provide you with the liberty to choose your seat at the time of booking. If not, you can even book your seat in advance at some other time before the departure.
- Austrian Airlines change ticket for a seat can be made both online as well as offline. You can reach out to the ground staff and ask them for a seat of your choice. However, the seats shall be provided as per the availability.
- You can only make changes in your seat once if you want to do it for free. If the changes are done twice or more times, you would have to pay a small amount for it.
- Some seats are exclusively meant for special passengers. The airline would not allow you to choose the emergency seats for differently-abled passengers.
Frequently Asked Questions: Austrian Airlines Flight Change Policy
Yes. If you are making the changes within 24 hours of booking you can do it for free. The airline has a wide variety of cuisine, choosing the meals depends on airfare.
Not all the tickets have the liberty to choose their meals as per their desire. In some cases, the airline does not entertain any change. You can check the meals at the time of booking.
If your flight has been cancelled by the airline, you would be provided with two options. You can either cancel your ticket right away and seek a full refund or you can opt to fly in the next alternate flight arranged by the airline.
If you have bought any meal or opted for any accommodation during the delay or cancellation, you can send the receipt and ask the airline to reimburse you for the same.
Yes. You can change the source and destination as per your wish. However, in order to change the destination, you will have to pay a small fee regardless of the free change window.
Austrian Airlines name change can be made at least 2 hours before the estimated time of departure. After those hours, the airline would not accommodate any change and you would have to cancel the ticket to make the changes.
The best way is to change your ticket within 24 hours of booking if you want to avoid any extra charges levied by the airline.