All You Need To Know About Brussels Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
Regarded as the flag carrier of Belgium, Brussels Airlines earns a reputation for a host of services including policies designed to help passengers make their journeys unforgettable for a lifetime. The following guide brings to you Brussels Airlines cancellation policy in case you wish to shelve your plans due to any reason. So read along to avail cancellation benefits and earn rewards.
Brussels Airlines Cancellation Policy: Key Highlights
Emergencies can crop up out of blue. Considering this, Brussels Airlines has created its cancellation policy quite wisely to avoid any loss to its passengers. Some of the highlights have been given below:
- As per the Brussels Airlines cancellation policy, the passengers can cancel their bookings for free up to 24 hours from booking.
- The passengers can cancel the tickets both online as well as offline. However, they must make sure that the cancellations must be done via the source of booking.
- Missing out on the free cancellation window would result in paying a small fine to Brussels Airlines. The cancellation charges immensely depend on the cancellation hour.
- If the passengers have got travel insurance, they can cancel their tickets up to 24 hours before the departure of the flight. The airline would not charge a penny from them.
- In case of a group booking, the passengers need to contact the group booking department of Brussels Airlines.
- Brussels Airlines refund only applies to the ticket rate. If you have paid for an upgrade and then willing to cancel the ticket, the airline may or may not initiate a refund for the upgrade.
- If the passengers are booking their tickets via an agent, they can only cancel their tickets by contacting the agents or the agency. The airline does not take any responsibility for cancellation in this case.
- If the passengers have unknowingly booked two tickets and wish to cancel one, they may cancel the ticket with lower airfare.
- Admin fee applies on every ticket that is cancelled via social media, service centre or the airport.
Brussels Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Ditch the regret by enjoying the easy policies set by the airline. Thinking about making cancellations? Here’s how you can do it without bearing any loss.
- Brussels Airlines 24 hours cancellation policy gives you the leverage to cancel your ticket for free within a given span. If in some cases, you miss out on the free window, you would not experience the generosity of free cancellation.
- The policy majorly relies on the fare type, some tickets would not be allowed for free cancellation and refund even if it is cancelled within the given span.
- Check the type of ticket during the time of purchase to prevent any last-minute trouble. If you are buying it from agents, ask them about the 24 hours policy.
Ways To Cancel Brussels Airlines Flight Ticket
Pampering the passengers in a myriad of ways, Brussels Airlines have tried to keep its cancellation ways diversified. You can find several ways to cancel their tickets in any way that suits them the most. So what are you waiting for? Read along and find a perfect way for yourself.
Cancelling Brussels Airlines Flight Ticket online
Making online cancellations is a piece of a cake. In this fast moving world, we want things to be done in a tap. You can now enjoy cancelling the tickets from the comfort of your couch. These are the steps in which you can make the cancellations via the web.
- Visit the official website of the airline. https://www.brusselsairlines.com/
- You would have the option to select any language, tap on the Save button.
- You can then click on the “My Booking” option displayed on the homepage of the website.
- Enter your booking reference number and last name. Click on the go to my booking option.
- The flight details will be shown on the screen. You can click on the cancellation option.
- The airline would inform you about your eligibility and then proceed with the cancellation. Make sure to fill out the refund form right away.
- Your tickets would be cancelled in a jiffy. You would be notified about the cancellation on your email ID and contact number.
Brussels Airlines Flight Change Via A Call
Sometimes the internet can be cut off and we are left with a limited time to make the free cancellation. Well, in that case, the airline has provided its next cancellation option via a call. With a professional approach and hassle-free cancellation, this way is widely opted by passengers all around the world.
Here’s how you can make your changes via a call:
- Call the service centre of Brussels Airlines at +1-855-284-6735.
- Get in touch with a customer support executive to seek help in the ticket cancellation.
- Tell them the PNR number and your name to find the relevant flight and proceed with the cancellations.
- Be descriptive about why do you want to make the cancellation. Provide proper documentation for better support for your cancellation.
- They would check your eligibility and make the cancellations accordingly. The refund would be initiated as per Brussels Airlines cancellation policy.
- As soon as the cancellations are done, the airline would notify you about the same.
Changing Brussels Airlines Flight Ticket At The Airport
Willing to walk down and take an old school approach for the cancellation? Walk down to a ticket centre of the airline. You can make the end minute cancellations of your ticket as per Brussels Airline cancellation policy easily.
- Visit the ticket centre of Brussels Airlines at the airport.
- Find an executive to help you out in the cancellation process.
- Make sure to elaborate on why would you like to cancel your ticket. Carry the documents if possible.
- The executive would check your eligibility and inform you about the same.
- Ask the executives to fill out the refund form and tell them how would you like to receive the refund.
- The cancellations would be confirmed via mail from Brussels Airlines.
If you are making the cancellations in this way, you would have to pay a service fee of 25 EUR. Brussels Airlines cancellation policy clearly mentions that if you are taking the support of the executives, you would have to pay a service charge for the same.
Brussels Airlines Cancellation Fee
The airline levies a small cancellation fee on the passengers who miss out on the free cancellation window. The charges are merely for the smooth flow of the airline. You can find the cancellation charges below.
- If the passengers have reserved a seat in Basic fare for Economy Light, Economy Classic or Economic Saver, they can cancel their ticket for 70 EUR.
- The airline charges a small fee of 40 EUR if you are cancelling the ticket via social media, service centre or the ticket centre. An admin fee is implied on every cancelled ticket.
- If the passengers are taking an intercontinental flight, they would have to pay a fee of 100 to 300 EUR to do so.
- Cancellation charges are usually more for the international flight than the domestic flight. If you are cancelling the ticket for one way, you would have to pay 70 EUR as a cancellation fee.
- In case you wish to cancel the round ticket, you would have to pay a fee of 140 EUR. Non or Low Flex ticket holders would have to bear a no show. The airline would charge the entire amount as a cancellation fee.
- Passengers carrying a Max Flex ticket would not have to pay any amount for cancelling their tickets even up to 24 hours from the departure.
Brussels Airlines Refund Policy
The greatest fear of cancelling a ticket is the money loss, right? Well, not anymore! Brussels Airlines has crafted some of the most exemplary rules that take care of every passenger.
- You can apply for a Brussels Airlines ticket refund right after making the cancellation. The airline would provide you with a 100 percent refund if the cancellation is done within the free span.
- Refund shall only be initiated if you are booking refundable tickets. In case you are booking non-refundable tickets, no amount would be reimbursed by the airline.
- Brussels Airlines cancelled flight refund usually takes 7-20 business days. If you have paid via a credit card, you would get the refund in the same way.
- If you have done the payment via cash or cheque, the airline would get in touch with you and reimburse you in your desired way. Refunds made for cash or cheque bookings take a bit longer.
- Make sure to attest proper documentation in order to seek a refund. If an emergency has arrived, take the proof of it. For example, you can attach the doctor’s prescription in case of a medical emergency.
Brussels Airlines Cancellation Compensation
Last-minute cancellation implies a fine on both the passengers as well as the airline. If Brussels Airlines decides not to send a flight due to some unavoidable condition, it will have to compensate.
- According to Brussels Airlines cancellation policy, delay compensation starts from 1500 km and above. The duration of the flight starts from two hours and above.
- In case of any delay, the passengers have the right to cancel their tickets on the spot and apply for a 100 percent refund. They can also board the next alternative flight arranged by the airline.
- The ground staff would constantly supply food and beverages to the passengers on behalf of the airline. If the flight is delayed by more than 4 hours, the passengers can even seek accommodation.
- In case of a ticket for 1500 km, a passenger can seek a refund of 250 EUR if the airline cancels the flight. If the distance oscillates between 1500 to 3500 km, the passengers can seek compensation of 400 EUR.
- If the distance of the journey is more than 3500 km, the passengers can ask for a compensation of 600 EUR along with the refund. Food and beverage would also be provided to cover the loss.
- No compensation shall be provided if the airline has informed its passengers about the cancellations at least 14 days before the departure date.
- If the airline has arranged for an alternative flight at the same time, following the same itinerary, the passengers cannot seek any compensation. They can however get a refund in case they cancel their tickets.
- Brussels Airlines cancelled flight compensation can be filled online by visiting official website.
Brussels Airlines Cancellation Rules
Rules are required to maintain the smooth flow of Brussels Airlines. There are a set of terms and conditions that the passengers have to abide by. Failure of which would result in missing the flights and paying hefty cancellation charges.
- The cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the departure time. Cancellation charges would be levied as the airfare of the passengers.
- If the passengers are not showing up for their flight for one way, the airline would cancel their returning ticket in that case. Any right for refund would be lost by the passengers.
- If the airline has informed about the flight cancellation 14 days in advance, the passengers cannot seek compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions: Brussels Airlines Cancellation Policy
Although the airline gives the leverage of cancelling your tickets in numerous ways, the passengers have to cancel their tickets at the point of booking. Meaning, if you have booked your tickets online, you can only make the cancellations online.
If you have taken the help of an agent, you are not allowed to make the cancellations online. You can contact the customer service centre and cancel your ticket at a small service fee.
Yes. The airline allows you to cancel the tickets up to 24 hours after the departure. However, in many cases, the airline does not initiate a refund for the tickets cancelled after the departure of the flight.
Yes. If the airline decided to cancel the flights, the passengers have the complete right to seek a refund and claim compensation as well. The airline would also provide you with free food and beverage. Brussels Airlines cancellation policy also assures accommodation in case of long delays.