Our travel cancellations prevail as frequently as our flight booking. Thanks to our rapidly- changing-modern-world life, where we can’t take everything for granted. So, when we make travel plans, we unintentionally break them too. To keep in mind the flexibility every traveler needs to handle the trivialities of our modern world, you can bank upon the Swiss Air cancellation policy. Because Swiss Air helps you make cancellations or change in booking anytime at a much more reasonable cost than its counterpart. Let’s understand Swiss Air cancellations in detail –
Swiss Air Cancellation Policy
Here’s the complete overview of the Swiss Air flight cancellation policy –
- Swiss Air ticket cancellation policy would only be applicable on the reservation made via the Swiss Air booking portal, Swiss Air customer service number, and Swiss Air airport counter.
- Swiss Air cancellation refund would be applied on one-way, round-trip, multi-trip, and open-jaw fares.
- Swiss Air cancellation policy to be applied refundable as well as non-refundable fares, regardless of the fare rules applied on your flight ticket.
- Swiss Air cancellation refund would only be eligible for the confirmed tickets starting with 724.
Swiss Air 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
Swiss Air allows flight cancellation for free within the stipulated time only for the flights originating to/from the USA, Canada, and Europe. Here are the following highlights from the Swiss Air 24 hour cancellation policy –
- If you purchase your ticket through Swiss Air in the last 24 hours and if you’re making a cancellation request one week or more before the original scheduled departure, it may qualify for the waiver on the Swiss Air cancellation fee.
- Swiss Air 24 hour cancellation allows passengers to claim a full refund of their booking value
- Swiss Air 24 hour cancellation policy would be applicable on Basic Economy fare where passengers are not allowed to make changes but are eligible for a full refund
- Swiss Air cancel 24-hour rule would not be applicable on group fares, and reward tickets.
Swiss Air Cancellation Fee
Swiss Air cancellation fee of 200 USD would be charged for each passenger, regardless of the fare type and the class of service booked.
How to Cancel Swiss Air Ticket?
If you have reserved the flight ticket with Swiss Air, and want to request a cancellation, due to some urgency or in case you changed your mind, here are the following methods that help you with Swiss Air cancel booking –
Swiss Air cancel booking online
Here are the following step-by-step guide that helps you with the cancellation –
- Visit Swiss Air booking homepage https://www.swiss.com/ch/en.
- On the booking widget, enter the first and last name of the passenger, along with the six-digit reservation number. Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- As per the Swiss Air cancellation policy, you must enter the correct booking credentials in order to retrieve the booking.
- Review your flight itinerary, and hit the ‘Cancel’ button. Once you hit the “Cancel’ button, you will get all the information related to the fare rule. In addition, you will get to know whether the booking is refundable or not.
- Hit the ‘Confirm’ button to request Swiss Air cancellations on your booking.
- Check your mail as you would be receiving the Swiss Air cancellation confirmation on the email address provided at the time of booking.
Swiss Air cancel booking over the phone
You can cancel your flight via Swiss Air cancel booking helpline at +1-855-568-1951. Here’s the step-by-step procedure you can follow –
- Dial Swiss booking cancellation and keep your six-digit booking reference handy.
- Ask the travel executive to cancel your flight tickets.
- Check your Swiss Air cancellation refund options. In addition, you will get to know whether the booking is refundable or not.
- Check the refund status with the agent, as the refundable value would be credited back to your original method of payment.
Swiss Air cancel booking at Airport
You can do Swiss Air cancellation at the airport on the same day of travel, keeping in mind that you can request cancellation 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure at the latest.
- Visit the departure airport on the day of travel, and head to the Swiss Air booking counter
- Keep your six-digit booking reference handy, and ask the executive to cancel the booking
- Check the refund options on your Swiss Air reservation before you confirm the request
- If you have purchased the Swiss Air booking with cash, then you would be issued a cheque or you can opt for a money transfer on the passenger’s account.
Swiss Air Cancelled Flight Compensation In case of Delayed Flights
In case of involuntary cancellation where Swiss Air fails to operate a flight or fails to reach your final destination or stopover or causes you to miss connecting flight, you would be entitled to receive a Swiss Air cancellation refund along with the Swiss Air canceled flight compensation.
Eligibility for Swiss Air canceled flight compensation
The most important factors where you can claim Swiss Air cancellation compensation –
- You arrived at the final destination later than three hours
- Swiss Air cancellation or delay was not due to extraordinary circumstances
- If you were denied boarding due to overbooking
|Claim amount||Route distance||Length of delay|
|300 USD||less than 1500 km||2+ hours|
|475 USD||between 1500 km to 3500 km||3+ hours|
|725 USD||more than 3500 km||4+ hours|
Swiss Air Ticket Refund Policy
Here are the important highlights from the Swiss Air ticket refund policy –
- If your ticket is eligible, then you can visit the Swiss Air booking homepage; on the booking widget, you can enter your booking credential and retrieve your booking to cancel and receive a refund.
- Swiss Air cancellation policy will apply based on the country or the region of the booking.
- All Swiss Air refunds on the credit card will be processed within seven business days.
- Swiss Air cancellation refund which you will receive depends upon several variables. For instance, Swiss Air tickets that are partially flown will be calculated on a prorated basis, based on the fare rules.
- Swiss Air cancellation fees will be refunded during certain circumstances, if applicable.
- Swiss Air cancellation refund will be credited back to the original form of payment.
Swiss Air Cancellation Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you have reserved the flight ticket with Swiss Air, and want to request a cancellation, due to some urgency or in case you changed your mind, you can do it online at the Swiss Air booking portal as well as over the phone.
You are eligible for Swiss Air free cancellation If you purchase your ticket through Swiss Air in the last 24 hours and if you’re requesting a cancellation one week or more before the original scheduled departure, it may qualify for the waiver on the Swiss Air cancellation fee.
Under the Swiss Airlines flight change policy, you can request a rebooking at no charge within 24 hours of purchase.
It is not possible to get the unused portion of the ticket as a refund online. However, you can reach our travel executives at Swiss Air cancel flight phone number at +1-855-568-1951 If you’ve bought a refundable fare, then only you would be entitled to receive a Swiss Air cancellation refund. In case of non-refundable fare, you would get taxes and fees as a refund.