Have a change in plans? No worries! With Swiss Airlines flight change policy, you can have flexibility in your travel you could have never imagined. And all it takes is a minimal Swiss Airlines fee. In this post, we will comprehensively discuss everything about the alterations and cancellations with Swiss Airlines.
Before we discuss, let’s understand what reservations are eligible for Swiss Airlines flight changes :
- A Swiss Airlines e-ticket must start with 724
- A ticket must be paid or booked through a credit voucher
- Swiss Airlines flight booking must be active for your ticket.
- It is not possible to rebook open tickets or tickets without the corresponding flight segments online
- It is online possible to rebook one-way or round-trip tickets with single flight routes.
Reservations that are not eligible for Swiss Airlines flight changes :
- Swiss Airlines booking if clubbed with another flight segment
- Swiss Airlines reservations are not confirmed yet.
- Swiss Airlines ticket status must be something else other than O (open)
and A (available).
- Swiss Airlines tickets that are part of group bookings.
- Swiss Airlines’ change flight process would not be possible for tickets that do not display the tariff calculations.
- Swiss Airlines booking that contains special services such as transportation of an animal/medical equipment, etc
How to change flight with Swiss Airlines?
You can change flight with Swiss Airlines via online as offline methods
If you have the booking with Swiss Airlines and you wish to change the same, follow the steps that are listed below to change the flights :
- Launch the web browser and go to the official website of Swiss Air
- Click on the Swiss Airlines manage reservation tab.
- To change flight with Swiss Airlines, enter your six-digit booking reference along with the last name of the passenger.
- Click on ‘Edit Booking’m to proceed.
- Select the flights that need to be altered, and click on the ‘Change flight’ button.
- Choose a new date and time.
- Review your new Swiss Airlines itinerary.
- Pay the required fee and fare difference, if applicable.
- You will receive Swiss Airlines change flight date confirmation on your registered email.
You can initiate Swiss Airlines change bookings by calling one of our travel support members at our Swiss Airlines phone number at +1-855-568-1951. Over the phone we serve you with the following service :
- Swiss international Airlines change flight
- Swiss Airlines cancellation
- Swiss Airlines reservations check
- Swiss Airlines change seat
- Swiss Airlines same day flight change
- Helping passengers with Swiss Airlines refund
Swiss Airlines Change Flight Fee
Times have changed, and so has the way we plan our trip. All around the world, countries are changing their prevention measures and entry requirements from one day to another. That’s why Swiss Airlines flight change policy offers you the following options :
- You can bow rebook or reschedule the date and destinations in all fare categories, and a class of services, both on short-haul and long-haul flights. This applies to all new and existing Swiss Airlines bookings until February 2021.
- As per Swiss Airlines cancellation policy, all the bookings can be canceled for a refund up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- After February 2021, passengers will pay a 200 USD as Swiss Airlines flight change fee.
- Within 24 hours from purchase, there is no fee to change flight with Swiss Airlines.
- Swiss Airlines change flight fee would be 200 USD, regardless of the fare type and class of service selected.
Swiss Airlines Same Day Flight Change
To promote flexible travel, Swiss Airlines recently introduced the same day flight change policy. Some of the highlights include :
- Travelers flying or Flexible Economy and Business Class categories are allowed to reschedule their flights on an earlier or later flight on the same day without any charge
- Under the Swiss Airlines policy, passengers will no longer face an additional surcharge or Swiss Airlines flight change fee, even if the originally selected fare type is no longer available.
- Swiss Airlines change booking can only be initiated on the day flight is scheduled, only if the seats are available in the selected class of service.
- Swiss Airlines flight changes for the same day can be done by calling us on +1-855-568-1951 or via Swiss Airlines’ change my booking tab online.
- Swiss Airlines same day flight change would not be valid on the codeshare flights or for those who already completed the check-in process or purchased essentials travel services such as extra baggage, meals, etc
How to change Swiss Airlines flight for free?
Like our life, we can’t take our travel plans for granted. It requires alterations and cancellations, which may cost a fortune sometimes. It costs as much as we bought the tickets for. Under the Swiss Airlines flight change policy, there are certain ways that help you get the modifications done to your flight without paying a single dime. Here’s how:
- Use the 24-hour window – Swiss Airlines change booking can be accomplished for free if passengers get the alterations done within 24 hours from purchase. As per Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines, all flights which originate to/from the U.S, Canada, and Europe can be canceled or modified within 24 hours of booking without incurring the Swiss Airlines flight change fee. However, passengers may need to pay a fare difference, if applicable.
- Swiss Airlines’ same-day flight change policy – Travelers flying or Flexible Economy and Business Class categories are allowed to reschedule their flights on an earlier or later flight on the same day without any charge. Swiss Airlines change booking can only be initiated on the day flight is scheduled, only if the seats are available in the selected class of service.
- Root for a refundable fare – If you want to add flexibility to your travel plans, always go for refundable fares with a Swiss Airlines reservations. Swiss Airlines’ refundable fares are generally 20% higher than its non-refundable counterpart and also offer a 100% Swiss Airlines flight refund if you cancel anytime before departure.
- Travel insurance – Paying an extra protection premium to your Swiss Airlines flight booking will cover flexible changes and cancellations. For all the unforeseen circumstances that affect your travel plans, an insurance cover will help you get the change or cancellation done for free and may help you with the additional compensations.
Swiss Airlines Cancellation Policy
Here are the important highlights that you may need to know before making Swiss Airlines cancellation :
- As per Swiss Air cancellation policy, passengers can claim a full refund if voided within 24 hours from the date of purchase.
- Swiss Airlines cancel booking policy varies for refundable and non-refundable fares.
- Swiss Airlines cancellation fee of 200 USD would be levied, regardless of fare type and a class of service selected.
- In the case of Swiss Airlines canceled flights circumstances, the affected passengers are entitled to get the due compensations and reimbursements.
- Passengers can initiate cancellation or changes to their reservation online via the Swiss Airlines manage reservation tab.
Swiss Airlines Cancelled Flight Policy
Swiss Airlines cancellation, if initiated by the Airlines itself, can help you claim the full refund, compensations, or both while upholding the passenger’s right in the event of delays or any other circumstances which are not under your control. Here are the Swiss Airlines canceled flight reasons that may help you claim your airfare and other benefits :
- Severe weather disruption that may affect the flight operations
- Security risks at the airports create hurdles for the airlines to continue their operation
- Technical failure
- Political unrest or riot-like situation
- Severe traffic that bars passengers to head to the airport
- Medical sickness of the passengers
- Death of the family member or co-passengers
- Airline’s bankruptcy
- Union strikes/Airport Personnel strikes
If you’re one of the whose flight has been affected by one of the reasons mentioned above, under the Swiss Airlines policy, you’re bound to receive :
- Complimentary meals vouchers up to 300 USD
- Free access to Swiss Airlines business lounge or any other airport lounges where the flight schedule is severely affected
- Hotel accommodation if that requires an overnight stay
- Partial or full Swiss Airlines flight refund
In addition, you’re also entitled to get the following compensation under the Swiss Airlines canceled flight rules :
- 500 USD travel credit voucher for Swiss Airlines flights. The distance must be within 1500 km from point A to point B
- 725 USD travel credit voucher for Swiss Airlines flights. The distance must be between 1500 – 3500 km from point A to point B
- 1100travel credit voucher for Swiss Airlines flights. If the distance exceeds 3500 km from point A to point B
Swiss Airlines Refund Policy
As per Swiss Airlines refund rules,
- The refund would be entitled to the person named on the flight ticket or the person who booked the flight ticket.
- Swiss Airlines flight refund, if booked via credit card, will only be credited to the same card holder’s account.
- In the case of Swiss Airlines canceled flight occurrence due to failure to operate flight as per schedule or fail to land at the final destinations or stopover point or cause passengers to miss the connecting flight for which you hold a confirmed reservation, the passengers would be eligible for Swiss Airlines refund.
- In the case of Swiss Airlines canceled flight occurrence and if the ticket is booked using the credit voucher, passengers will be eligible to get the voucher’s validity extended for three months from the date of cancellation.
- Swiss Airlines may refuse a refund if the passenger fails to apply for one after the validity of the concerned ticket has expired.
- Swiss Airlines make a refund in the same currency that was used at the time of booking.
Swiss Airlines Flight Change Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The changes processed on a Swiss Airlines booking portal are not just limited to flights. You can definitely make changes to your entire travel package provided that the other travel essentials must be booked with Swiss Air. It is our sole responsibility to process the flight change and to make sure that the other services that are part of a travel package must be changed as well. Feel free to reach our travel support desk at our Swiss Airlines phone number at +1-855-568-1951.
Unfortunately, passengers could not able to claim a Swiss Airlines refund for an unused ticket online. If you have bought a refundable fare and is still unused, please call our Swiss Airlines cancel booking helpline at +1-855-568-1951, and ask one of our executives to delete the flight segments in order to prevent a No-show status. Thereafter, your Swiss Airlines refund would be automatically processed.
For Swiss Airlines change flight date process, you can do so via the ‘Manage booking’ tab on the airline portal. If you’re making changes within 24 hours of purchase, you will get the waiver on Swiss Airlines change flight fee. Only fare difference would be applicable.
No, only Swiss Airlines tickets with ‘open’ status can be changed online. If you wish to rebook or reschedule the checked-in flight, feel; to reach us at our Swiss Airlines phone number at +1-855-568-1951. Our agents may ask you to provide your six-digit booking reference as part of the caller’s verification and to proceed with the changes on the flight.
The correct name of the passenger is a must for hassle-free travel with Swiss Air. Passenger’s first and last name must be exactly identical to the travel documents and must be entered correctly. There is also a file to add suffix and prefix to a name and also a middle if it is exactly mentioned in any government-issued photo ID.
Any subsequent name changes including the name correction to a ticket are not allowed once the ticket is confirmed or issued.
No, your six-digit booking reference or 13-digit e-ticket number will remain the same after the rebooking or rescheduling of your flight.