Azul Airlines allows passengers to complete check in online through the airline’s website and mobile app. Passengers can also request Azul Airlines check in through self-service kiosks and ticket counters at the airport.
In this article, we will discuss all the check in methods provided by Azul Air, the Azul check in timeline, how to process check in Azul, how to access boarding passes, and more.
Azul Airlines Check In Methods
For flights within Brazil, passengers can request Azul check in process through the following ways –
- Online check in – You can complete the boarding process through the Azul Airlines website. After you complete the check in, you can print the boarding pass.
- Azul Airlines check-in English app – Through Azul’s mobile app, you can request a check in on the go. You don’t need to print the board. Simply generate an e-boarding pass and flash your mobile screen at the security checkpoint.
- Self-service kiosk check in – They are located at select airports in Brazil. This way, you can print your boarding pass at the airport.
- Airport check in – This is the most traditional way, especially for Azul Airlines international check in, where passengers need to arrive at the check in desk within 2 hours before departure. You can seek assistance for check in with Azul Airlines’ representative.
Azul Airlines Online Check-In
Passengers can check in online for domestic flights within Brazil between 72 hours and up to 90 minutes before the scheduled departure. Passengers will receive the boarding pass link through email. You can access online Azul check-in if –
- You have an e-ticket.
- Passengers can access reservations through booking reference, e-ticket number, or TudoAzul frequent flyer membership.
- Passengers who do not need to request any special assistance, such as pet travel, unaccompanied minor service, wheelchairs, etc.
How to request Azul Brazilian Airlines check-in online –
Follow these steps to complete the online Azul check in process-
- Visit the official Azul Airlines website, and navigate to the Check in tab.
- Enter the booking reference, ticket number, or frequent flyer number alongside the passenger’s last name in the required field.
- Click on ‘Search’ to continue.
- Select the flight segment you wish to check in.
- Select the seats, and add baggage or meals for your flight.
- Review the flight details and click on ‘check in’ to finish the process.
- At the checkout page, you have the e-boarding pass link, which you send to your email or print the boarding pass right away.
Azul Check In App
Passengers can check in with Azul Airlines through mobile devices by downloading the mobile app.
Timeline – Passengers can complete the Azul Airlines check in online between 72 hours and 90 minutes before departure.
How to check in Azul Airlines through the mobile App –
Follow these steps to complete the boarding process through the Azul Airlines check-in app –
- Visit the Google or iOS PlayStore on your smartphone.
- Download the Azul Airlines app for Android or the Azul check in app for iOS.
- Launch the app and navigate to the check in tab.
- Enter the booking reference or e-ticket number and the last name in the required field.
- Select the flight that you wish to check in for.
- At the next screen, select the seats and add baggage/meals as per your travel preference.
- Tap on the ‘Confirm’ button to complete the check in.
- On the review page, the app will generate the e-boarding pass. You can download it and save it on your mobile device.
Also Read: Azul Airlines Cancellation Policy
Azul Airlines Self-Service Kiosk Check In
Passengers can check in for an Azul (AD) flight at the airport up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure and receive the boarding pass. Follow these steps –
- Find the self-service kiosks at the airport. Azul Airlines check in kiosks are available at select international airports in Brazil.
- Now enter your booking reference or e-ticket number to access your reservation.
- Select your flights and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select seats, and add luggage to issue the baggage tags.
- After completing the process, the kiosk will print the boarding pass.
Note – Passengers who are flying with checked luggage need to issue the baggage tags from the Azul check in self-service kiosk and attach them to the luggage, and drop them at the baggage counter.
Azul Check In At The Airport
Passengers who are flying within Brazil must complete the check in at the airport within 1 hour. For international travel, passengers need to complete Azul check in up to 2 hours prior to scheduled departure.
How to check in Azul Airlines at Airport-
Follow the steps to complete check in Azul Brazilian Airlines at the airport desk –
- Visit the Azul Airlines counter and approach the airline’s representative.
- Provide the confirmation email or the booking reference/e-ticket number for your flight.
- While completing the check in process, ask them to add seats or metals on your behalf.
- If you carry luggage, the airline’s representative will issue the baggage tags.
- For international travel, the airline will also ask for the passport and other visa-related documents.
- After the process is complete, the airline will issue the boarding pass for your flight.
- From there, you can proceed to the security checkpoint.
Passengers who need to check in at the airport –
The following passengers have restrictions for Azul Airlines online check in. Hence, they need to check in at the airport.
- Passengers who require Azul Airlines pet travel service
- Unaccompanied minors
- Group passengers (Reservation that includes 10 or more passengers in the same itinerary)
- Passengers are seeking special assistance.
These are the aforementioned methods for Azul Airlines check in. Passengers have the convenience of check in via the airline’s website or through the mobile app. Besides, passengers who prefer to check in at the airport can access self-service check in kiosks. To request Azul Airlines international check in, you can seek assistance from the airline’s representative at the airport, provided you arrive at the airport 2-3 hours before scheduled departure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can we check Azul Flights?
You can complete the Azul check in through the official website or mobile app or contact Azul Airlines Customer Service.
Is Azul Airlines on Time?
As per Cirium’s On-Time Performance Report for 2022, the airline has been named Latin America’s most punctual airline in domestic and international travel circuits.