Discover how you can request ITA Airways check in using the airline’s website, mobile app, or at the airport, and explore additional services that can elevate your travel experience. ITA Airways is committed to delivering a quality travel experience from the moment you step into the airport, and it all begins with the hassle-free check-in process.
What are the methods for check-in with ITA Airways?
Here are the available methods for check-in with ITA Airways –
- Online check-in – Passengers can complete the check-in process by visiting the official airline’s website. Passengers can access the boarding pass from the comfort of their homes.
- Mobile app check-in Passengers can download the ITA Airways mobile app, complete the check-in, and generate the digital boarding pass.
- Airport check-in – Passengers who prefer to check in at the airport can do so by visiting the check-in counter at the main terminal.
How ITA Airways online check in work?
Passengers can request the ITA check in online through the mobile app or through the airline’s website.
Online Check-in Eligibility
Passengers with the following services/requests are not permitted to request the web check in ITA Airways –
- Wheelchair assistance
- Unaccompanied minor service
- Passengers traveling on an interline or codeshare agreement flight.
- More than 9 passengers on the same booking confirmation.
- ITA Airways pet travel service
- Passengers requested the last-minute flight upgrade at the airport.
- Passengers traveling with sports or musical instruments.
- Passengers traveling on connecting flights of any airline other than ITA Airways.
ITA Airways check in Online process
Follow these steps to request the ITA Airways check-in online through the airline’s website –
- Go to the ITA Airways official website and navigate the Check-in tab on the homepage.
- Hit the check-in button and enter the 6-digit Booking Code or e-ticket number alongside the last name of the passenger.
- Click on the “Search” button to continue.
- Select the flight segment in case there are multiple flight segments in the itinerary.
- Choose from additional services, such as seat selection and the ITA Airways checked baggage options.
- Choose one of the options to generate the ITA Airways boarding pass. You can either generate digitally or at the airport.
Please note – To add ITA Airways special assistance to your flight booking, you must notify the airline 24 hours prior to departure.
ITA Check in time for online process
Online check-in is available 48 hours before your flight’s departure, except for flights to/from the USA, where it opens 24 hours prior to departure. If you’re flying to or from the USA, you can initiate your online check-in 24 hours in advance.
Online check-in time for connecting flights
For connecting flights operated by KLM, Air France, Etihad, or Delta Air Lines, the online check-in opens 30 hours before departure.
Below is the overview of the online check-in time for the following destinations –
|Departure City||Online Check-In Timeframe|
|Geneva and Zurich||24 hours before departure|
|Amsterdam and Paris||30 hours before departure|
|Flights to/from the USA||24 hours before departure|
Passengers in the United States must arrive at the ITA Airways check in desk 3.5 hours before the flight departure for necessary document checks.
Closure time for online check-in
Passengers need to complete the check-in 90 minutes before for international flights and 45 minutes before for domestic flights.
Online check-in for a specific destination
For flights to London and to/from Cairo, Brazil, Argentina, Japan, or the United State make sure to enter your passport or ID card details to complete the online check-in process.
Airport restrictions – Passengers traveling to and from the following destination are not permitted to request the ITA Airways check in online
- Palma de Mallorca
Online check in Seat selection
At the time of making ITA Airways check in online request you can select your preferred seat. Below is the overview of the seat selection fee –
- Seat selection is complimentary for Economy Classic Plus.
- It is chargeable for Flex Fare passengers.
Please Note – You can request for the ITA Airways flight cancellation after you have completed the web check-in, but you may not be eligible for refunds..
How does ITA Airways mobile check in works?
ITA Airways flight check in through a mobile app is the most convenient and easiest way to complete the boarding formalities. Here’s how it works –
- Download the ITA Airways app from the App Store for iOS devices or Google Play for Android devices.
- Open the ITA Airways app and tap on the “Check-In” option. The option is located on the home screen of the app.
- Provide the booking reference/ticket number and the passenger’s last name.
- Verify your bookings and you’ll be prompted to select the passengers and the flight segment that requires the ITA flight check in.
- You may have the option to select your preferred seats during mobile check-in.
- Once the check-in process is complete, you will receive an ITA Airways mobile boarding pass.
You can prefer to save the mobile boarding pass to your mobile device or display it on your screen.
How to perform ITA Airways check in at airport?
Plan to arrive at the airport 3 to 4 hours before departure for international flight and 2 to 3 hours before domestic flight. Do the following –
- Upon entering the airport terminal, head to the check-in counter.
- Approach the airline’s executive and ask them to complete the check-in for your flight.
- Provide the necessary travel documents which include the passport or ID card, visa, and any other relevant travel documents.
- Also, present your booking reference or ticket number for validation.
- The friendly airline’s staff will assist you with the check-in process.
- You can also request the seat assignment and issue ITA boarding pass.
- If you have checked baggage, inform the airline staff and they will issue the baggage tags.
- After successful check-in, you will receive a printed boarding pass from the airline staff.
Collect your boarding pass and proceed to the security screening area, and further proceed to the departure gate area.
What is the recommended ITA check in time?
Here’s everything you need to know about ITA Airways check-in time limits –
Domestic flight – For domestic flights and travel routes within the Schengen area, please arrive at the airport at least 40 minutes before your flight’s scheduled departure time.
International long-haul flights – Passengers must arrive at least 60 minutes prior to departure.
Traveling to the US – Passengers traveling from the US need to arrive at the check-in desks at least 3.5 hours before their departure time.
Traveling with a pet – If you’re traveling with a pet, plan to arrive at the ITA Airways flight check in desk 90 minutes prior to departure.
Passengers seeking special assistance – Passengers requiring wheelchair assistance must arrive at the airport 2 hours before departure.
Boarding gate closure – Keep in mind that the boarding gate closes 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
How to get ITA Airways boarding pass?
Passengers can retrieve an ITA Airways boarding pass through the mobile app or at the airline’s website.
Passengers can also request a boarding pass at the airport check-in counter.
Online check-in boarding pass
After completing the check-in online process, you’ll receive a digital boarding pass on your mobile device or on your email. This electronic boarding pass contains all the essential flight details, including your seat assignment and departure gate.
ITA Boarding Pass at the airport
Once you complete the check-in at the airport, you can request the ITA Airways print boarding pass from the airline’s executive.
Exceptional cases – ITA Airways mobile boarding pass is not acceptable at the following airports. Rather passengers need to collect the boarding pass at the airport –
- Flights from – Cairo, Delhi, Tunis, Algiers, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Boston, and Washington.
- Flights to – Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Washington.
ITA check-in has been a valuable resource that prioritizes convenience and comfort at every stage of the journey. The airline’s check-in options are designed to cater travelers’ needs and focus on what matters most during your travel.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Sometimes, stored cache and cookies can interfere with the check-in process. Clear your browser’s cache and try again. If the issue persists, reach out to the ITA Airways’ customer support for assistance.
ITA Airways offers multiple methods for check-in – online check-in, airport check-in or check-in through the mobile app.
ITA Airways check-in opens 48 hours before the scheduled departure time for most flights. For flights to/from the USA, passengers can complete check-in 24 hours before departure.