An airline hosts different passengers with different likings. While a person may prefer a window seat, the other person might like the aisle seat better. If you are someone who likes to travel in utmost comfort, Indigo Airlines flight change policy is exclusively crafted for you.
Ditch the hassle of spending hours on the internet to learn about the change terms and conditions. Make sure to go through this detailed guide of Indigo Airlines flight change policy and learn about all the rules in one place.
Indigo Airlines Ticket Change Policy
Having thoughts about making the alterations to your ticket? Good thoughts. The airline gives you the leverage to cause any change in your ticket to make the journey memorable. Go through the following points to learn about the changes in detail.
- Indigo Airlines flight change policy gives you the leverage to change your tickets for free. The changes must be done within 24 hours and at least 7 days before the departure date.
- If you miss out on the free change window, you would have to bear a small Indigo Airlines change booking charges. You can only make one free change per ticket, if the changes are made for the second time, a fee shall apply.
- In the case of group bookings, you need to separate the individual ticket to make any alterations to it. You can also reach out to the customer support centre for help.
- If you have involved any third party while booking the tickets, you can only make the changes via the agents. The airline shall not allow you to change it online.
- Indigo Airlines flight change can be done in a myriad of ways. The change has to be done via the point of purchase for a smooth process.
Indigo Airlines Flight Change Policy: Overall Changes
- Indigo Airlines change flight date can be done at your desire. However, if the airline has provided you with a complimentary class upgrade in the previous flight, you might lose it with the change.
- Name changes are not permitted in Indigo Airlines. Meaning, the passengers cannot transfer their tickets and sell them online. In case of any typing error, you can reach out for help.
- The airline would not make any name change until you send a snap of your Passport with the correct name. The details would be checked for any alterations even while typing error.
- You can book your seat in advance while taking a flight with Indigo Airlines. If you do not wish to make the seat bookings in advance, you can contact the ground staff regarding your desired seat.
- Destination change is rather hard but if the need is, the airline makes an exception and allows the passenger to make the changes. You must carry proper documents to support the cause.
- 24 hours free change policy gives the liberty of making the alterations for free within the given time-frame. Failure of the span even by an hour would impose extra charges on you.
Indigo Airlines Change Booking Charges
Although the airline provides a lot of perks, the passengers have to pay a fee if they miss out on the free change window. The change fee varies with certain conditions, make sure to run through these points and have detailed knowledge about the charges.
- If the passengers are making any changes to their tickets before 4 days from the departure date, they would have to pay 2500 INR to make any changes.
- If the passengers are making the changes from 0 to 3 days from the departure date, a small fee of 4000 would be levied on them.
- The change fee has to be paid along with the flight difference fee. If the previous flight was cheaper than the new flight, the passengers would have to pay the remaining for making the change.
- The airline has imposed a larger change fee for international flights rather than domestic flights. The payment can be made after the changes have been done.
- The change fee mostly depends on the destination, class and travel insurance of the passengers. In some cases, the passengers would have to pay a fee of 1000 INR even if they are making the changes within 24 hours.
Several Ways To Change Indigo Airlines Flight Ticket
Who doesn’t love options, right? Flexibility in modes of change determines the quality of an airline. To serve its passengers right, the airline has provided a myriad of ways to change the booking. What’s keeping you away from exploring all the options for changes? Read along and find out.
Indigo Airlines Change Flight Booking Online
Nothing beats comfort when it comes to changing your ticket. If you are a smart traveller, the airline does provide the option to make the changes online. Not only is this the easiest method but it also saves the additional service charge.
- Browse through the official website of Indigo Airlines.
- You would get an option to select your language and location as per your comfort.
- Press on the ‘Edit Booking’ section displayed right next to the “Check-in” option.
- Type your PNR number and last name along with the email ID. Press on “Get itinerary”.
- The airline would fetch your details. You can click on the edit button and make the kind of change you desire.
- Seats, meals, dates and itinerary changes can be made in a jiffy, make sure to be attentive while proceeding with the changes. The airline would demand a small change fee according to the Indigo Airlines flight change policy.
- As soon as you have made the changes, the airline would send you a notification regarding the same. A new ticket would be generated and sent to your email ID.
How To Change Your Indigo Airlines Ticket Via A Call?
Not everyone is confident or reliable enough to book and change their own tickets. In that case, the airline has come up with the option of calling. If you are someone who likes to take professional assistance, go ahead and enjoy this procedure.
- Dial the official service centre of Indigo Airlines.
- A customer care executive would pick up your call and ask what can they help you with.
- Tell them your PNR number and last name so that they can fetch the flight details. The executives would then ask you about the changes you wish to make.
- Elaborate on why are you making the changes, the airline can impose a small fee depending on the date of the change.
- Now when you have finally made the payment, the executives would make the changes as per your wish. You would receive mail with your new ticket.
If you are making the cancellations in this way, you would have to pay a small service charge. The airline implies a service charge when professional help is sought by the passengers.
Change Your Indigo Airlines Ticket By Visiting The Ticket Center
Not willing to make the changes via either of the above-mentioned ways? Do not worry. If you are an old soul who likes to follow the face to face change method, you can indubitably try this method. We have listed the entire procedure below.
- Walk down to the ticket centre of Indigo Airlines at the airport.
- Look around for assistance, a customer care executive would be provided to help you.
- Tell them your PNR number and last name so that they can locate your flight details. The executive would also ask you to tell about the sort of change you wish to make.
- The executive would tell you about the eligibility for making the changes. You will have to pay a small fee as desired by Indigo Airlines.
- When you pay the fee demanded by the airline, the executives would proceed forward with the changes.
Just like the change via a call, if you are making the changes by visiting the airport you would have to pay a small service fee for it. The fee ranges as per the change conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Indigo Airlines Flight Change Policy
Yes. The airline allows you to make the cancellations in several ways. If you have booked your tickets online, you can indubitably cancel it in the same way. However, Indigo Airlines flight change policy does not give you the liberty to change your ticket in some other way than booking.
If you have involved any third party such as agents, you cannot change your tickets online. In this case, you must contact the agents directly to make any relevant changes.
Yes. If you are making the changes before 24 hours, you can make the changes in your seat for free. The airline also gives you the liberty to book your desired seat in advance to avoid any last minute trouble.
Yes. If the passengers are making the changes 4 days before the departure date, they would have to pay a small fee of 2500 INR. If they are making the changes on the third day or the same day of departure, they are charged with 4000 INR.
As per Indigo Airlines flight change policy, the change fee immensely depends on several factors such as the time of change, destination and class of ticket.
If your flight is delayed by more than 4 hours, you are provided with two options. You can either claim a full refund from the airline or take the next alternative flight as arranged by the airline.
Constant food and beverage supply is maintained to compensate for the loss. You can even seek accommodation from the airline.
Yes. The airline is functioning with all the preventive measures to keep the disastrous disease at bay. Passengers must take a COVID test two days before taking the flight.
The airline also provides face shields and sanitizer for the safety of the passengers.