Are you worried about changing the flight date with Malaysia Airlines? Don’t be. In this guide, we discuss Malaysia Airlines flight change policy in detail to help you fly stress-free, save money, and make timeless memories for a lifetime.
Note: All the Malaysia Airlines flight change policies have been digitized and simplified for your convenience.
Malaysia Airlines Change Flight Date Policy
- According to Malaysia Airlines flight change rules, passengers who purchased tickets from unauthorized portals are not eligible for the official change procedure. They must request changes directly from the agent.
- For Malaysia Airlines flight change a passenger must request modifications at least 12 hours before the departure. If the modifications are done on the date of the departure, then you will need to reissue the ticket and pay the Malaysia Airlines date change fee. The fee will be calculated after evaluating the Malaysia Airlines change flight date policy.
- Passengers can change their flight dates for free under certain situations including adverse weather, bereavement, and natural calamities among others. You must furnish supporting documents to change the flight date for free.
- According to the Malaysia Airlines change flight date policy, the passengers will not be charged any change fee if Malaysia Airlines changes the departure and arrival dates of the original flight.
- You can change your flight without paying a change fee if you buy a customizable ticket directly from Malaysia Airlines rather than from a third-party travel agency.
Malaysia Airlines Flight Change Name Policy
- The Malaysia Airlines flight change name policy specifies that the passengers will not be charged a name modification fee if the flight is canceled or changed by the airline.
- No need to pay any fee, if the modifications are done on the official platform or within a risk-free period. However, if you change the family name of a passenger then the whole ticket value will be charged as a change fee under the Malaysia Airlines flight change name policy.
- As per the Malaysia Airlines flight change name policy, a passenger cannot change the name of the passenger if the booking is done at an unofficial platform.
- The passenger can change the family name only by paying full ticket value as Malaysia Airlines flight change fees.
Malaysia Airlines Flight Change Fee
- Once the risk-free time expires, passengers with non-refundable or standard tickets must pay the full amount as a Malaysia Airlines flight change fee.
- The airline will charge USD 125 to 350 as Malaysia Airlines flight change fee if passengers make changes in their scheduled ticket. A passenger can change its name, date, flight number, and, in some cases, route. However, for that, they need to reach the officials via the live chat feature, customer service number and airport counter.
- A passenger must make modifications at least 12 hours prior to the departure. If he or she fails to do so then the passenger needs to reissue the ticket and pay the Malaysia Airlines flight change fee as per the airline policy.
- If changes are made within 24 hours of booking and the date of booking is seven or more days from the date of departure, the carrier does not charge a difference in fees. Please dial the customer service number and get the special guidelines on Malaysia Airlines flight change fees.
Method to Change Malaysia Airlines Flight
The airline offers two modes of change: online and offline. Many travelers use the online flight change procedure for Malaysia Airlines to save money and effort on exchange charges.
ONLINE PROCESS TO CHANGE SEATS, FLIGHT, CLASS CABIN and NAME
Step 1. Choose the medium(official website or mobile app) and finish the account authentication process.
Step 2. Visit the manage my booking section and fill all the required fields.
Step 3. Review the input and offer your response by tapping on the search tab.
Step 4. Select the name of the passengers and make the necessary changes as per your requirement.
Step 5. Pay the difference amount (if you change the cabin class or opt for the seat change) and receive your ticket on registered IDs.
OFFLINE PROCESS TO CHANGE SEATS, FLIGHT, CLASS CABIN and NAME
Step 1- Select the medium(consult agent through the customer service number , by visiting the official airport counter, or reaching the KIOSK machine).
Step 2- Use the required information like the confirmation code and the family name of the passenger.
Step 3- Ask the agent to initiate the change process on your behalf (if modifications are made over the call or at the airport counter).
Step 4- Make required adjustments and pay the Malaysia Airlines flight change fee for gaining a new modified ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions – Malaysia Airlines Flight Change Policy
Yes. You can easily change your return flight date with Malaysia Airlines. For this, you need to reach the airline executives via the live chat feature, customer service number , mobile application, airport counter.
To make the Malaysia Airlines change flight for free of cost, always perform the modification process within 24 hours of the booking and the date of reservation is seven or more days from the date of departure.
Step 1- Launch your preferred browser, visit the official website, complete the login process(with the help of username and password).
Step 2- Tap on the My booking tab, input the confirmation code and last name of the passenger.
Step 3- Review the input and tap on the search tab.
Step 4- Select the name of the passenger and choose the seat as per your wish.
Step 5- Pay the difference amount via available medium and gain your ticket on registered IDs.
To save more on Malaysia Airlines date change penalty, implement the following points:
1- Make flight change within the risk-free window.
2- Always purchase a refundable ticket.
Yes. You can easily change the passenger name on a Malaysia Airlines ticket, for this, you simply need to reach the airline executives via available methods (live chat feature, customer service number , mobile app, airport counter).
Yes. You can change the flight date on Malaysia Airlines.
To change flight schedules in Malaysia Airlines, you need to communicate with the airline officials/ change department. The available methods are mentioned here:
(i) Live chat feature
(ii) Customer service number
(iii) Mobile Application
(iv) Airline airport counter